Teleportation suite spells + F2P + Qi'Reshalia 10/28/2016 11:17 AM CDT
Someone is posting that their F2P Moon Mage used a passport to travel to Qi'Reshalia with the intent of living in P4 once it expired. When the passport did expire they mentioned they lost the ability to cast to FM and Moongate (and likely DG, SM, Teleport, Contingency, and possibly RS). Apparently this negates moon mage travel to other islands within Qi as well teleportational travel upon any single island.

Is it intended that you're stuck on one island as a F2P Moon Mage expat once your passport ends and lose access to a large chunk of our spells even on that single island? Or is this a matter of the checks for teleportation not figuring provincial borders correctly? Or just a mechanical limitation with how F2P fences were set up?

I don't have a F2P Moon Mage to test these limitations with.

Here's what Ashbomb posted:

> prep fm 25

You raise your palms skyward, chanting the equation of the Focus Moonbeam spell.

> cast xibar

You gesture.
[Because your account is free, you don't have access to Qi'Reshalia (the destination of the spell, ability or item you tried to use). To purchase access, visit https://store.play.net/store/purchase/dr .]
Something here seems to be interfering with your spell.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Teleportation suite spells + F2P + Qi'Reshalia 10/28/2016 12:01 PM CDT
FM does not work, anything requiring FM will not work. The moongate to the guild on taisgath is not accessible, so you have to take the night sky. Contingency likely does not work, but I can test to make sure if need be, I'll have to go pick up the spell I think.

I did confirm boats will work, so that's something at least.

I created him to help with the travel issues on Qi and make it easier for people to move around. For people who want to focus on being a moon mage, hopefully f2p issues can be adjusted to make being an expat (nice term) in Qi (or anywhere for that matter) more viable. I'm not sure why moon mages weren't just put on the restricted list, since this part of their identity isn't playable. I assume the goal is to tantalize players into upgrading to increase income, which is fine, but limits the mules, which I suppose is also supposed to be the case. I could argue that there's a difference between personal gain and public service, but this isn't the place for that conversation, nor would the game most likely be benefited by greying the lines.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Teleportation suite spells + F2P + Qi'Reshalia 10/28/2016 12:39 PM CDT
>>>> The moongate to the guild on taisgath is not accessible, so you have to take the night sky.

If possible, it seems like this is a silly restriction that ought to be dropped. It is possible that that moongate is more than just a simple portal between rooms and may have enough ties to the moongate spell to prevent easily changing it. On the other hand, it is also possible that FTP accounts are merely prevented from using the verb go to move through the noun moongate without a functioning pass.