Braun's Conjecture 03/13/2016 08:58 AM CDT
I thought I would post a couple data points for how effective Braun's Conjecture seems to be. This is with Braun's Conjecture cast at 550 mana.

With 440 Astronomy, I can successfully ALIGN TRANSMOGRIFY. Without BC I cannot.

Moongate costs seem odd. This is gating to Aesry.
Origin CityRangeCost w/ BCCost w/o BCFrom Elanthipedia
Throne City3162024
Crossing4182428
Riverhaven5212631
Lang624?38

The last moon set before I could check the cost to gate from Lang to Aesry without BC. My min preps without using BC were significantly less than the values on Elanthipedia. Maybe Raesh adjusting the range formula made gating slightly easier? I'm going to double check my values once a moon comes back up in prime.
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/13/2016 09:14 AM CDT
Yes, the adjusted range formula made gating easier overall.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/13/2016 06:05 PM CDT
<<With 440 Astronomy, I can successfully ALIGN TRANSMOGRIFY. Without BC I cannot.

Another point of reference, with 580 astrology buffed with a capped AUS (an effective 696 ranks) it is not possible to align transmog either.

<<Moongate costs seem odd. This is gating to Aesry.
<<My min preps without using BC were significantly less than the values on Elanthipedia. Maybe Raesh adjusting the range formula made gating slightly easier? I'm going to double check my values once a moon comes back up in prime.

The costs listed on elanthipedia are from the old formula from before these changes a few days ago. Moongating in general was given a smoother curve, so several ranges are now easier just from that. The spell further adds to that ease. Raesh posted a chart showing the difference between the old difficulty curve and the new difficulty curve a week or so ago somewhere in the moon mage folders. I think the reason for the change was that the formula didn't allow gating at the longest island to mainland range, so it all had to be scaled down a bit to compensate. Something like that anyway.
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/13/2016 06:07 PM CDT
Here it is:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Responses%20to%20GM%60Official%20Announcements/view/1605

Okay - I lied. I hadn't chased down the ramifications of this change quite as far as I thought I had, and as a result you wouldn't have been able to teleport the max distance (Which I think Boar Clan --> Aesry represents) with any spell since they all use the core formula Moongate uses (Teleport, for example, just scales more rapidly because it's far easier to shove more mana in.)

Since I'm not a fan of this I've redone the distance calculation that underlies all teleportation spells which should, at max mana, allow travel from any two points in the game (Assuming they pass all other teleportation checks).

Since the change is kind of mathy let me just give you a graph with the equations scrubbed. Blue is old, red is new, X is distance, Y is difficulty (Which roughly means mana).

http://tinypic.com/r/23r0g14/9

I also removed the randomness (not shown on that graph) since I figure people are far more precise in their teleports these days and it let me cut the formula a lot closer at max mana.

Also, also, there are some minimum ranges on each spell that you can always reach that are not reflected on that graph either.

THIS IS ON TEST ONLY. Please try it out before we go live with this, it's always possible I caused something to go horribly wrong.

-Raesh
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/14/2016 08:25 PM CDT
>>Another point of reference, with 580 astrology buffed with a capped AUS (an effective 696 ranks) it is not possible to align transmog either.

Out of curiosity, does transmogrify ever (with enough skill) do a 1:1 ratio transfer from one pool to another? what's the best you've seen it do?

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/14/2016 08:36 PM CDT
<<Out of curiosity, does transmogrify ever (with enough skill) do a 1:1 ratio transfer from one pool to another?

The best I've seen reported is a ~25% conversion (~75% lost) to the new pool without the spell and a ~60% conversion (~40% lost) with it. This was with 737 unbuffed astrology and a capped BC.
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Responses%20to%20GM%60Official%20Announcements/view/1590

Without the spell I don't think it would, but I could see it happening with the spell.
Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/14/2016 09:22 PM CDT
>>Out of curiosity, does transmogrify ever (with enough skill) do a 1:1 ratio transfer from one pool to another?

Nope.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Align Transmogrify 03/14/2016 09:59 PM CDT
Went and tested this too for myself, with astro at 1053, and a 100 mana cast of BC i got a conversion rate of 70% from full pool of defense into completely empty survival. do not have AUS to test with as well.

On another note, does align transmogrify teach anything? i forgot to check before and after use.

Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/14/2016 10:16 PM CDT
>>Nope.

Would you be willing to comment on how high it's meant to go? say at 1750 astro with capped AUS and BC maybe?

Re: Braun's Conjecture 03/14/2016 10:43 PM CDT
You're close to capping it at a 70% conversion rate. I don't feel comfortable going much higher.

-Raesh