Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 07:25 PM CST
Eh, sounds like a single-shot application of hydra hex.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 07:36 PM CST
Part of MM spell design is that they're bad at AoE. Bad doesn't mean incapable, but I wouldn't expect a spell that completely reverses this design in a single stroke.
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 08:22 PM CST
>>Part of MM spell design is that they're bad at AoE. Bad doesn't mean incapable, but I wouldn't expect a spell that completely reverses this design in a single stroke.

I took that to mean more AoE attack than AoE debilitation, especially given what Mind Shout previously did.

Honestly, if Mind Shout turned other psychic debilitations into AoE, then all that would change is Moon Mages getting AoE versions of Calm and Sleep (since epedia lists Mind Shout as the AoE version of Mind Blast), which I'm not sure would be a bigger advantage than an AoE MB.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 08:32 PM CST
<<I took that to mean more AoE attack than AoE debilitation, especially given what Mind Shout previously did.

It's AoE period.

Mind Shout, TKS, and half-way SoV are the only AoE spells Moon Mages have, and the first is only made special by virtue of it being able to be remotely cast which is within a Moon Mage's wheelhouse.

<<Honestly, if Mind Shout turned other psychic debilitations into AoE, then all that would change is Moon Mages getting AoE versions of Calm and Sleep (since epedia lists Mind Shout as the AoE version of Mind Blast), which I'm not sure would be a bigger advantage than an AoE MB.

Mental Blast does way more to a target than Mind Shout does. The DISCERN makes reference to Mental Blast, but only says similar. I.e. they both stun and are psychic attacks. That's where the similarity ends.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 08:34 PM CST
>See Ring of Blessings for why it wouldn't be a 7 slot metaspell.

Yeah I was referring to mental blast + aoe metaspell working out to 7.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 09:16 PM CST
For what it's worth, I'd like AOE Calm. My major reason for using it is to clear a room of creatures, but this is annoyingly difficult to do one at at time (mainly due to turning to the correct "next" critter).

Maybe better accomplished with a Calm metaspell that calms and removes them all at once, then jedi-mind-tricks them to keep any creatures from entering for a while (a la Sanctuary).

- Navesi
Re: Planned Spells 02/03/2016 09:19 PM CST
<Yeah I was referring to mental blast + aoe metaspell working out to 7.

I for one would rather see something original come out of Mind Shout if it was reskinned. I don't care for AOE versions of those other spells because I would probably not use them except in a training atmosphere.
Re: Planned Spells 03/12/2016 01:36 PM CST
Was thinking about teleologic spells. Is reducing the slot cost of Sever Thread, Sovereign Destiny, Tezirah's Veil and Tangled Fate by 1 slot a possibility?

Teleo has the drawbacks of sorcerous backlash, and of neutering regular prediction with corruption and now nerfing some of the new spells as well but it would allow Teleologic sorcerers to embrace them without investing quite so much of their spellbook on arguably 4 very niche spells if they were all 1 slot cheaper. (I personally don't plan on touching Teleologic sorcery either way.)

On another note, you mentioned the secondary effect of Kolberoc's Fury is a unique mechanic tied to fate. Does KF cause your moonblade to exist on two planes at once and cause probabilistic cavitation in the Web of Fate as it carves through the threads surrounding your target? Random major prediction curses or bonuses (weighted for curses) for your target + increased teleo corruption for the wielder with every chop and slice?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Planned Spells 03/12/2016 04:22 PM CST
I rather buffs the spells as a first pass and, no, but that sounds kind of cool.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Planned Spells 03/14/2016 07:17 AM CDT
>>On another note, you mentioned the secondary effect of Kolberoc's Fury is a unique mechanic tied to fate. Does KF cause your moonblade to exist on two planes at once and cause probabilistic cavitation in the Web of Fate as it carves through the threads surrounding your target? Random major prediction curses or bonuses (weighted for curses) for your target + increased teleo corruption for the wielder with every chop and slice?

This almost sounds like a needed rework of Sever Thread. Though Id be a bit leery on the corruption for every swing part. Heh youd go hunting once and be maxed.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page