Travel Fast or Travel Faster 12/16/2017 05:03 AM CST
A couple of years ago there was a thread about other guilds getting access to faster travel times in a variety of ways. While I agreed at the time that travel for non-Moon Mages shouldn't be as slow as Christmas (pun intended), I also was of the opinion that it would be fair for Moon Mage abilities to be compensated in some way so that all the goal posts are moved similarly. I was gone from DR for nearly a year, but to my knowledge nothing like this was ever done, even on a semi-symbolic level.

Currently, 5 seconds is the lowest power RT in the Astral Plane. This is not a new idea, but how about setting up a scaling similar to Stealth RTs where the 5 seconds are worked down with skill (likely Astrology and Attunement since those are the only two skills taught by astral traveling) definitely to 4, probably to 3, and possibly to 2 seconds? This would mimic perfectly Stealth with Survival prime.

It wouldn't create a danger reduction, merely a speeding up of the system, which in itself would not be a huge advantage. After all, there's not really that much difference in traveling across the world in two minutes rather than four. Moongating across the world is already instantaneous, and that hasn't broken anything. But it seems right to apply things equally to everyone involved.

I also like the idea of a 150 ability to be able to cast a beam on a moon that is down, although the skill check for this should be far beyond a standard focus moonbeam.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Travel Fast or Travel Faster 12/16/2017 11:51 PM CST
I can totally agree, buuut it would skew things so I couldn't have any more astral travel races!
lol
Re: Travel Fast or Travel Faster 12/17/2017 12:15 AM CST
Well, we can't have that! I totally rescind my earlier post ~g~

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Travel Fast or Travel Faster 12/17/2017 02:25 AM CST
Now I need to schedule one... late January, early February?