Clairvoyance and teleportation wards around Grazhir shards 08/20/2016 06:18 PM CDT
Could we have the clairvoyance and teleportation wards removed in these two rooms? It makes expansed (or otherwise astrally slain) Moon Mages impossible to locate. One oddity: Mistanna reported that she couldn't riftally summon someone standing in the room with Auilusi shard on Aesry.

These are the only Grazhir shards that still have wards afaik. (I didn't check Besoge on Mer'kresh for wards):

[Phelim's Sanctum, Tear of Grazhir]
A sprawling mosaic of bright colors has been tiled into the floor and spirals outwards in a tremendous sunburst shape from the center of the room. Though this may be a design feature solely to further enhance the remarkable brilliance of the design, nothing else here displays such shades and hues, as the walls and ceiling are a drab blue. A tiny white shard of mineral lies in the center of the mosaic. You also see a stone turtle and a gold-trimmed plaque.
Obvious exits: south.

[Gealeranendae College, Tear of Grazhir Exhibit]
Rising and vanishing into darkness, the circular walls are home to four marble gargoyles that stare balefully from their perches at the silvery-white shard imbedded deeply into the floor's center. A single plaque of brass and silver is fastened in the stones near the exit. Otherwise unadorned, the room is thick with shadows, no sconces or torches to help shed illumination. You also see an arch and a stone turtle.
Obvious exits: none.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Clairvoyance and teleportation wards around Grazhir shards 08/21/2016 01:18 AM CDT
Actually, no, we can't.

I tried to remove them a few years back and found out that due to how the rooms are set up (don't ask...) that was a very bad idea. So I fixed that set up... and found out that the relevant game wide code that called the fix didn't work. So I fixed that code... and then I broke every moongate and gweth in the game (among other things) and had to quickly revert it all.

Which is not to say the bug can't be fixed, I'm sure it can be, but it's a relatively minor inconvenience and I've already been burned once trying to fix it so I'm a little gun shy going into it again due to how many systems are delicately balanced the problem code.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things