Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/25/2013 12:03 PM CST
I got the first messaging

"Ominous mental static builds in the area. Incomprehensible thoughts infringe on your mind, making clear thinking an increasingly difficult feat.

Unlike most astral phenomena, the static does not go away after a few moments. In fact, it's getting stronger. Closer."

But I was a room away from the exit shard, made it to the shard, got the second message.

yadda yadda ... "The distortion in the entity's "voice" grows, yet you sense a tone of ritual within it. "I was named Pelag ai Aldam. The Defilers of Fate are mine to claim and I demand sacrifice!" The man and the psychic barrage vanish abruptly."

But I made it out. And then he killed me. I was hoping me escaping would save me. The effect is supposed to be able to kill you in the physical world too?

"You gesture.
You attempt to open an astral conduit through your connection to the shard Taniendar.
A brief wave of disorientation washes outward as reality itself tears wide open, forming an unstable Moongate around you!
You are pulled through your unstable Moongate.

[Obsidian Spire, Roof]"

two second slater... "Your vision blurs and dims. Your body goes numb and you are only distantly aware that you have collapsed. There is a distinct lack of pain, or any other sensation for that matter, as your heart goes quiet."

Just wondering if that normal, his attack following a moonie OUT of Astral.

--Sunny
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/25/2013 01:54 PM CST
It's normal. To escape Pelag you need to get out before he "claims" you.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/25/2013 05:19 PM CST
Fair enough.

--Sunny
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/25/2013 10:38 PM CST
>The Defilers of Fate are mine to claim and I demand sacrifice!"

Huh. Wonder if we're going to see this happen more often to people with Teleologic Corruption.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/26/2013 06:53 AM CST
>> Wonder if we're going to see this happen more often to people with Teleologic Corruption

SHHHH. Don't go giving them any ideas. Corruption already impacts our second guild ability enough without having it impact our first also.

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/26/2013 07:58 AM CST
;)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 02/26/2013 03:08 PM CST
::LOL!:: Too late! Raesh has ideas all right!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 04/08/2013 03:10 PM CDT
Then we would lose good astro from predictions and astro from the Ways. Nice? Eeeewww... If we are severing our link to Fate, would it be tougher for the Servant of Fate to find us? We might not register as much as someone fully embedded. All Neo Matrix like.

What about the Fighter Against Fate? Would she take us under her 'protection'?

A soothing presence grows around you. Gentle pressure is applied to your shoulders as a feminine voice whispers in your mind, "They will kill you if they can, though we struggle here as you do. I will help you on your way, so you may leave quickly."

Cut astro exp from Walking the Ways for teleo, or let us have a way to beseech the Cashek for help if we run into the Pelag.

I've let Teleo corruption drop latley and haven't been expansed or Pelag'd. Could already be there, I was pretty highly corrupted when I ran into the Pelag, and I had been expansed twice in a week around that time.

---Sunny
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 04/08/2013 04:13 PM CDT
Teleologic Corruption has no interactions with the Ways nor do I intend it to.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Pelag ai Aldam attacks 04/08/2013 06:26 PM CDT
>Teleologic Corruption has no interactions with the Ways nor do I intend it to.

:'(

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html