Skill for learning shards 01/26/2013 12:10 PM CST
>You can sense the naming ritual set within the shard. You should be able to learn enough about the shard's pattern to succesfully use it with further study.
>Roundtime: 15 sec.

From the reading of that, I would expect that it's a "you have enough skill to learn it, but the RNG might be very mean". Is that actually true, or is it just a default message that you always get even when you don't have enough skill?

If it doesn't indicate skill, then I'd request that it be changed to actually tell you if you can succeed. Ex:

> Success is possible, with a greater than 20% chance.
You can sense the naming ritual set within the shard. You should be able to learn enough about the shard's pattern to succesfully use it with further study.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

> Success is possible, with a less than 20% chance.
You can sense the naming ritual set within the shard. It seems very complicated and you're not sure if you can understand it all.

> Success is not going to happen.
You can sense the naming ritual set within the shard. You have trouble understanding it, however.
Re: Skill for learning shards 01/26/2013 12:27 PM CST
>>From the reading of that, I would expect that it's a "you have enough skill to learn it, but the RNG might be very mean". Is that actually true, or is it just a default message that you always get even when you don't have enough skill?

Default messaging. It's basically saying "study me again to try".

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh