Question about Shards 08/21/2012 03:51 PM CDT
Anyone know if there's an easy way to tell how many Grazhir shards you've learned? I've just reactivated after about a year and I can't remember if I finished learning the Hib/Merkresh/Aesry ones.
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 05:21 PM CDT
<<Anyone know if there's an easy way to tell how many Grazhir shards you've learned? I've just reactivated after about a year and I can't remember if I finished learning the Hib/Merkresh/Aesry ones.>>

Unfortunately its a case of walking to each shard and focusing on it. You can speed it up by enlisting the aid of other moon mages to visit those shards and directly gating you there or using a seer's link with RS to leapfrog to those 3. Or you could find out the hard and messy way by attempting astral travel to each one.

If you play during peak hours you can catch a gate from Crossing to Kresh or Ratha to Aesry fairly regularly.

(My Wish list: Recall Grazhir command listing the shards you've successfully memorized.)

skaen
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 05:57 PM CDT
It's on my todo list.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 06:03 PM CDT
Just walk to the Axis and try focusing on each Shard at the appropriate pillar. If you don't know the shard, you won't hop on the conduit.
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 10:39 PM CDT

Glad to see its on the todo list. It never made sense to me that my character didn't know that information.
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 11:11 PM CDT
>It never made sense to me that my character didn't know that information.

What's the metaphysical/astral equivalent of muscle memory? soul memory?
Re: Question about Shards 08/21/2012 11:43 PM CDT
I suppose. I also figure maybe I wrote it in my spell book.
Re: Question about Shards 08/22/2012 05:40 AM CDT
a question just for starting on this, I haven't done the quest with my MM yet - but I believe I'm talking to the right NPC about it but he won't give me any information. Does this mean there is some sort of prerequisites <circle/skill?> requirement? Do you have to do the enchanting quest first?

thanks

-negev in plat-

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Question about Shards 08/22/2012 12:13 PM CDT
I haven't finished the enchanting quest, but I was able to start the astral travel quest just fine.

Haven't finished it yet, though. Mostly because I'm fresh out of S'Kra Murs and I play at weird hours where people are hard to find to gate me to obscure locations.

But I digress. Other than the 40th circle requirement and knowledge of the moongate spell I'm not sure there are any other requirements. You have to ask the NPC about a whole bunch of stuff though before he sends you on the right path.
Re: Question about Shards 08/22/2012 01:13 PM CDT
<<40th circle requirement>>

Did this change?

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/The%20Astral%20Plane/view/60

Kaxis

>You hear a soft, seductive voice whisper, "Kaxis...you shall meet Death here...." The voice quickly fades away.
Re: Question about Shards 08/22/2012 05:52 PM CDT
<<40th circle requirement>>

>>Did this change?

Huh. I guess there isn't a circle requirement (other than the one for Moongate). For some reason I thought there was.

My bad!
Re: Question about Shards 08/28/2012 09:30 AM CDT

>>Haven't finished it yet, though. Mostly because I'm fresh out of S'Kra Murs and I play at weird hours where people are hard to find to gate me to obscure locations.

I've been busy and haven't played much lately but I'm usually about at odd hours, so I don't mind actually helping you out if its possible.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.