TKS 03/31/2018 10:24 AM CDT
As it currently is, Telekinetic Storm is very lack luster. It takes too long to target, only hits each target once, and only those engaged with the caster. Can we please get it so this spell can be cyclic pulsing and able to affect whole room? Or back to its original form? The old was so much better than this new version!

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: TKS 03/31/2018 10:53 AM CDT
I love the idea of it affecting the entire room and for it to pulse a couple times at least, just like the old one. It's supposed to be a storm.
Re: TKS 03/31/2018 11:10 AM CDT
> only hits each target once

Use more mana. Behold:

Your target pattern has finished forming around the area.

>l
[Endrus Forest, Sushu Rahat]
The metronomic sound of dripping water pervades the area here, though the noise's source is not apparent. A fungal reek lingers in the air, mixing noxiously with the smell of mouldering leaves and an unmistakable whiff of rotting flesh. The vines here are so profuse that a few small trees have succumbed, their skeletons now serving only as support for the parasitic plants that killed them.
You also see an Endrus serpent and a dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword.
Obvious paths: east, southeast, south.

>cast
You gesture.
An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword jumps into the air and zips toward an Endrus serpent!
The bear pillow lands an awesome strike to its neck!
The Endrus serpent is knocked completely senseless!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword circles back in midair and zips toward an Endrus serpent!
The bear pillow lands an extremely heavy hit to its belly!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword circles back in midair and zips toward an Endrus serpent!
The bear pillow lands an extremely heavy hit to its right eye!
An Endrus serpent jackknifes a few times, then grows still, its body rapidly settling until it is little more than a pile of wood and vine.

> only those engaged with the caster

Target area*. Behold:

>prep tks 80
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
Smiling slyly, you murmur the words of the Telekinetic Storm spell.

>target area
You begin to weave mana lines into an all-inclusive targeting pattern centered around yourself.

Your target pattern has finished forming around the area.

>ass
You assess your combat situation...
An Endrus serpent (1: adeptly balanced) is behind XXX at melee range.
An Endrus serpent (2: nimbly balanced) is behind XXX at melee range.
An Endrus serpent (3: badly balanced) is facing XXX at melee range.
An Endrus serpent (4: nimbly balanced) is flanking XXX at melee range.
XXX (adeptly balanced) is facing an Endrus serpent (3) at melee range.

>cast
You gesture.
An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword jumps into the air and zips toward an Endrus serpent!
The bear pillow lands a massive strike to its belly!
The Endrus serpent is severely stunned!
The bear pillow lands an earth-shaking strike to its belly!
An Endrus serpent jackknifes a few times, then grows still, its body rapidly settling until it is little more than a pile of wood and vine.
The bear pillow lands a very heavy hit to its belly!
The Endrus serpent is stunned!
The bear pillow lands an awesome strike to its belly!
The bear pillow lands a heavy strike to its head!
The Endrus serpent is stunned!
The bear pillow lands a strong hit to its belly!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword circles back in midair and zips toward XXX!
The bear pillow is partially blocked as it glances off his target shield.
The bear pillow lands a heavy strike to his left leg!
A dashing teddy bear pillow clutching a silver sword circles back in midair and zips toward XXX!
The bear pillow lands a strong hit to his back!
XXX is lightly stunned!
The bear pillow lands a very heavy hit to his back!

* XXX is slain before your eyes!
The bear pillow lands a heavy strike to its belly!
The Endrus serpent is lightly stunned!
The bear pillow lands an extremely heavy hit to its belly!
The bear pillow lands a massive strike to its head!
The bear pillow lands a very heavy hit to its belly!
The Endrus serpent is lightly stunned!
The bear pillow lands a very heavy hit to its right eye!
The bear pillow lands a strong hit to its neck!

Roundtime: 2 sec.

* I should have used 'target creatures'. Oops.
Re: TKS 03/31/2018 12:24 PM CDT
57 mana will give you 2 strikes per critter, 80 mana will cap it at 3 strikes per critter. TARGET AREA will allow you to attack the whole room, though generally speaking you'll want to stay with the default of engaged targets, especially if it's a crowded hunting area.
Re: TKS 03/31/2018 01:04 PM CDT
I did not know about target area. Thank you
Re: TKS 03/31/2018 04:46 PM CDT
> I did not know about target area. Thank you

You're welcome, although *target creatures* is usually better if you don't want to hit other PCs. My apologies to the guy I accidentally offed.
Re: TKS 03/31/2018 09:38 PM CDT
I forgot about target area as well. Probably because I started doing it the safe way so not to hit random people. Thanks for the reminder.
Re: TKS 04/01/2018 06:04 PM CDT
I have to admit, a cyclic version would be pretty sweet though. Maybe as a separate spell so I could still have regular TKS.

- Navesi