TKT and Naphtha 02/26/2018 09:38 AM CST
Can we possibly get Naphtha to coat the area it impacts when you use with TKT? Instead of working as normal ammo it would be cool if Naphtha, water and maybe other liquids in the future behave different. I haven't tested it recently but in the past a puddle of water would be lethal in conjunction with TKT and it never got destroyed on impact. Could we get water to have its own effect that is putting out fires? Or maybe just make the damage type cold and slice on puddles of water?

Or even a step further, can we get items that do Debilitation on hitting the target, instead of damage? As in, the spell would use debilitation skill when firing certain objects like a rope or bola to trip or immobilize. Or a pile of dirt or sand to lower perception or put in round time. I'm sure this spell is a pita to code but who knows maybe this is doable and would be a lot of fun.

You gesture at a storm bull.
A vial of naphtha jumps into the air and zips toward a storm bull!
The naphtha lands a heavy strike to its chest!
The naphtha is destroyed by the impact.
The storm bull is lightly stunned!
The naphtha lands a very heavy hit to its right leg!
The naphtha lands a strong hit to its back!
The naphtha lands a powerful strike to its chest!
There is nothing here that can be thrown, so the spell fails.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: TKT and Naphtha 02/26/2018 10:45 AM CST
Naphtha is awesome, but definitely not much of a moon mage weapon right now. Doesn't it require light thrown? Every time I think about a moon mage using a weapon, it makes me want to tell them to put that weapon down! "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."
Re: TKT and Naphtha 02/26/2018 11:26 AM CST
>>but definitely not much of a moon mage weapon right now.

I disagree on this one. It was only way I could kill one of those mechanical mice things that attacked. It was immune to everything, but not fire pulse damage. Between Yavash slivers and burn we can ignite it. The 5 shot of TKT really makes it good at setting naphtha on multiple places on fire at same time.

>>Every time I think about a moon mage using a weapon, it makes me want to tell them to put that weapon down!

If you are saying we don't need to use weapons then its all the more reason to make TKT work with naphtha so a mage wouldn't have to dirty themself with the manual labour of throwing something when they are masters of telekinesis.

I personally suggest the opposite of this to new moon mages. Sure if you are fighting pvp at level, you want contingency, whole displacement and refractive shield on. And you are going to keep stealth up high and only be visible for a second between casting debilitation and targeted. But you still need to train everything in order to be effective.

How do we go about making our spells work on targets? Having the defenses to avoid attacks and crowd control? You are getting that from training horizontal rather than vertically, and earning Time Development to spend. If you fall behind in the TDP race you will not be able to land mental blast or sleep. You will also fall victim to every stat check in the game eventually hunting as well from every spell cast by someone at your range.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: TKT and Naphtha 02/26/2018 11:30 AM CST
>>I disagree on this one. It was only way I could kill one of those mechanical mice things that attacked.

I don't know if "it'll help us abuse a bug/oversight" is the argument route I'd take.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: TKT and Naphtha 02/26/2018 11:51 AM CST
>>I don't know if "it'll help us abuse a bug/oversight" is the argument route I'd take.

LOL omg, seriously? Its not like I said we need it just to kill the mice. I merely pointed out how strong the combo of naphtha with TKT and burn is. But I mean continue this line of thinking rather than agree on the obvious issue with TKT not working with Naphtha even though its shattering on targets.