Targeted magic for moonies is completely messed up 09/04/2016 04:42 PM CDT
Mobs that I'm supposed to be able to decimate with magic are avoiding my target magic casts as if I had only a few ranks in target.

>exp magic all
Circle: 88
Showing Magic skills that you have skill in.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Lunar Magic: 502 87% clear (0/34) Attunement: 556 96% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 544 61% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 158 32% clear (0/34)
Augmentation: 408 68% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 266 93% clear (0/34)
Utility: 432 82% clear (0/34) Warding: 317 99% clear (0/34)

Starlight Sphere attack (cast at minimum mana against Wolf):

Your cambrinth armband thrums softly as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a fair amount left for future use.
The air takes on a sudden chill as a flickering pale grey sphere flares and rushes at a croff pothanit!
The croff pothanit manages to get out of the way of the pale grey sphere!

Your cambrinth armband thrums softly as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a fair amount left for future use.
The air takes on a sudden chill as a flickering pale grey sphere flares and rushes at a sleazy lout!
The sleazy lout manages to get out of the way of the pale grey sphere!

Only a few weeks ago I was able to to use this against the Angiswaerd hatchlings in Throne City. Successfully killing them. The pothanits in the Brambles near The Crossing are incredibly lower in level.

Here are a few other spells that are not working either (also used to work against the Throne City Angiswaerd hatchlings):
>prep do 8
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the equation of the Dinazen Olkar spell.
>target pothanit
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a croff pothanit.
>
>charge my armb 14
You harness a small amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
>invoke my armb
The cambrinth armband pulses with Lunar energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
R>
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a croff pothanit has completed.
>
>cast
You gesture at a croff pothanit.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a croff pothanit!
The noose misses completely!

>prep tkt 14
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the equation of the Telekinetic Throw spell.
>target pothanit
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a croff pothanit.
>charge my armb 14
You harness a small amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
R>
>invoke my armb
The cambrinth armband pulses with Lunar energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use.
R>
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a croff pothanit has completed.
>
>cast
You gesture at a croff pothanit.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a croff pothanit!
It manages to get out of the way!
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a croff pothanit!

>prep do 8
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the equation of the Dinazen Olkar spell.
>target lout
>
The sleazy lout moves into a position to parry.
>
The sleazy lout moves into a position to parry.
>
* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a sleazy lout bashes a sturdy cudgel at you. You evade.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced and in better position.]
>
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a sleazy lout.
>charge my armb 14
R>
>invoke my armb
R>
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a sleazy lout has completed.
>
>cast
You gesture at a sleazy lout.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a sleazy lout!
The noose misses completely!
R>

Any assistance with this would be very helpful as this is how a lot of moonies hunt.

P.S. Weapon combat for moonies is also not working but I'm posting about that in the moon mage combact folder.
Re: Targeted magic for moonies is completely messed up 09/04/2016 04:47 PM CDT
Really silly question but is your attack stance 0, did you give yourself a notably large TM prediction penalty, or are your nerves totally shot?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Targeted magic for moonies is completely messed up 09/04/2016 04:47 PM CDT
I am sure you have thought about these things already, but here are a few suggestions:

1) Make sure you are stanced 100% into offensive
2) Are you retreating a lot? This can really give you a huge offensive penalty
3) Do you have a curse to your TM?
Re: Targeted magic for moonies is completely messed up 09/04/2016 04:58 PM CDT
I didn't predict anything on myself but someone else did without me knowing about it. Completely shot my target ability. Thanks for reminding me to check that.
Re: Targeted magic for moonies is completely messed up 09/04/2016 05:21 PM CDT
Ouch! Hope it wears off soon (and glad the answer was easy to find out!).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.