State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 03:50 PM CST

Is it true that recently elemental damage was added to slivers to enable TKT and TKS the ability to do magic elemental damage dependent upon which moon slivers you use? I'm just curious if it was merely a cosmetic code thing with no literal in game effect? The damage with ammo has been an issue since 3.0 began and the last attempts seem to be a farce. I'd expect elemental damage to be substantial for a primary magic guild, but its not even existent.

-50 mana full target

A wee crimson sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie head-splitter!
It bounces off the head-splitter without appearing to do any damage.

-Meanwhile with 16 mana...

The air takes on a sudden chill as a glittering deep blue-grey sphere flares and rushes at a zombie head-splitter!
A blast of cold fills the air as its chest blackens, crystallizes, and finally explodes violently, showering the area with bits of iced blood, ribs, and things best left unmentioned.
A zombie head-splitter falls belly-up and grunts its last grunt.

Not sure how TKT or TKS are even warranting being in the game in their current forms. Especially for a primary magic guild. Especially for a signature spell like TKT. They will not lift any weapons off the ground even at capped mana, the shards from moon blades do no damage and bounce off of living and undead alike, and are not even available to novices. Have fun TKT your rock around. How Signature. Is there a conspiracy of hatered towards the guild? Where is the powerful magic that the guild was once known for?

There has been alot of talk about the watering down of the guild compared to 2.0 and its easy to agree when you see the state of MB and the slot cost and how non effective it is. MB is a joke in its current state. Take off the sleep effect and weaponize the spell at least so it can be effective at something.

And the Sleep spell on its own....It has a duration so small even with max success its hardly worthy of a guild who is by title the masters of debilitation.

Stack this with the removal of CRS and other spells for no apparent reason. Because CRS was working as a TM? Because Dazzle and MB were effective as debilitation? I would love to see the moon mages guild use potent magic, that can if used wrong kill or maim you. There seems to be a shift towards removing the fangs from the guilds magic while still keeping the catches. Where is the love?
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 04:28 PM CST
>>Is it true that recently elemental damage was added to slivers to enable TKT and TKS the ability to do magic elemental damage dependent upon which moon slivers you use?

Yes. Xibar does cold instead of crushing as secondary damage, Yavash fire and Katamba impact.

>>The damage with ammo has been an issue since 3.0 began and the last attempts seem to be a farce.

TKT runs through the same damage calculations as every TM spell in the game.

>>I'd expect elemental damage to be substantial for a primary magic guild, but its not even existent.

Again, same damage calculations as every spell in the game - however, the majority of damage with slivers is puncture no matter what flavor you use.

>>ranting

Please keep it constructive.

>>There has been alot of talk about the watering down of the guild compared to 2.0 and its easy to agree when you see the state of MB and the slot cost and how non effective it is.

MB is arguably the most powerful debilitation spell in the game (Thus the slot cost - which isn't something I'm terribly happy with and have plans to resolve).

>>Take off the sleep effect and weaponize the spell at least so it can be effective at something.

Stun.
Nerve damage.
Item drop.
Knockdown.
Unconsciousness.

... how much more weaponized do you want it to be?

>>And the Sleep spell on its own....It has a duration so small even with max success

It uses the same durations as every crowd control spell in the game. Are you running into diminishing returns? How lopsided is the SvS contest?

>>its hardly worthy of a guild who is by title the masters of debilitation.

Moon Mages are not the masters of debilitation, though it's one of their stronger areas. (Utility is actually the strongest focus for Moon Mages - that's why they get the Utility Mastery feat for free.)

>>Stack this with the removal of CRS and other spells for no apparent reason. Because CRS was working as a TM?

CRS was removed because it didn't thematically fit with Moon Mages and it's still intended to return as a Stellar spell (And is one of the projects near to top of my list to tackle) with some slightly redesigned mechanics and a more appropriate theme.

>>Where is the love?

Right now? I think it's in a cave on top of a mountain.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 05:26 PM CST

It is a let down after I read the post about adding elemental damage based on moon type and decided, "hey why not test the spell again"

Aren't you guys tired of hearing this same complaint over and over again by now? Its been ongoing for years.

I just don't understand how TKT is working as intended when they are not hitting for any damage with moon slivers and not capable of lifting ammo that might work. Whatever is the case be it ammo or spell design there is something going wrong. Whether its being acknowledged or not.

The issues need to be fixed not ignored. Would it hurt you guys to look at why TKT isn't working like any other TM in the game right now? Why capped cast the new "elemental damage" sliver ammo bounces off targets with no damage? Who knows maybe even have new messages that indicate something is going on with the elemental damage when it happens?

Messaging should be the least of the updates. I am 100% certain this spell regardless of being dependent on the same systems as other TM is not actually working to create the designed effect. A 2 second round time punch with a fist is higher damage and more accurate with 200 ranks less brawling than I have in TM compared to my fully targeted capped cast.

Every other TM I have hits every target i'm testing with just fine without even fully targeting or adding more than 1 extra mana. Its disappointing you aren't even excited to make the lunar shards do "good" elemental damage. Why do something that has major potential for cool factor and for practical relevance for the guilds TM, and then aim so low by making it fluff without even a message to look cool?

Its pretty awesome stuff you guys have done lately with the game and magic in general. I know you guys are capable of seeing the issues.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 05:38 PM CST
IIRC wasn't ammunition changed not to matter, i.e. it all does the same amount of damage regardless based on spell potency and all that? So not being able to lift certain kinds of items is a non-issue. Moon slivers are merely a way to control which type of damage you're doing.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 05:48 PM CST
Wasnt this what happens when needing a blessed weapon and using tkt. Try using a blessed weapon on the ground instead of slivers?
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:10 PM CST
<MB is arguably the most powerful debilitation spell in the game (Thus the slot cost - which isn't something I'm terribly happy with and have plans to resolve).

What does that consist of? The resolving that is. Knockdown and unconscious seem to go more or less hand in hand. TBH I could do without the weapon drop, since it doesn't really do anything for pvp. A lot of critters used to just pick weapons right back up too, I haven't really used it in the last year or so on critters, unless I really want to drop them for whatever reason, and I usually hunt natural critters. It would be nice to have stacking nerve damage up to a determined amount however.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:13 PM CST

Nope. Fists and normal steel hit just fine. And all other Tm hits just fine. And have you tested lifting weapons off the ground with TKT? Even capped it won't lift a bola last time I tried. And that was after it was "updated" after complaining on forums. Fact is that no matter if I used yavash or katamba or boxes on the ground, the same thing happened.

TKT Full target 100 mana 2 times in a row same results

some reason only 1 sliver chose to go both casts

Fifty-one deep ebony slivers orbit your head.

>target tkt 100
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You raise one hand before you and concentrate on forming the Telekinetic Throw spell pattern.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a zombie head-splitter.
>cast
You gesture at a zombie head-splitter.
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie head-splitter!
The ebony sliver explodes into even tinier multicolored fragments and vanishes!
Roundtime: 1 sec.
You feel fully rested.

Burn Full target

>target burn 75
You raise one hand before you and concentrate on forming the Burn spell pattern.
>cast
A thick shadowy mass gathers in the air and coalesces into a dark pall upon a zombie head-splitter.
The pall blasts the left arm, searing skin and flesh away!

DO full target 75 mana

>target do 75
You raise one hand before you and concentrate on forming the Dinazen Olkar spell pattern.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a zombie head-splitter.
>cast
A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a zombie head-splitter!
The noose wildly spins as it cuts across its abdomen, lacerating it multiple times.

DO Full Target 6 mana

>cast
A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a zombie head-splitter!
The noose scrapes across its face!

TKS full target 75 mana

>target tks 75
That will disrupt about half your current attunement.
You raise one hand before you and concentrate on forming the Telekinetic Storm spell pattern.
You begin to weave mana lines into a targeting pattern centered around yourself that is designed to strike the avenues of attack around you.

>cast
You gesture.
An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie head-splitter!
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:19 PM CST
<A wee crimson sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie head-splitter!

Kind of odd since zombies in boar clan seem pretty squishy. In north barricade celps I find the first cast around max mana, maybe a little under tends to do mostly good strikes. Then the second hit a little harder, then third time I usually hit in the heavy range or higher. I find the celpz to be a little sturdier when it comes to dishing damage out than zombies. I never usually see a discrepancy with the type of shards used. Here's an example of a second cast TKS around full mana.

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your armband emits a loud snap as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a moderate amount left for future use.
An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward an asaren celpeze!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its back!
The asaren celpeze is lightly stunned!
A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward an asaren celpeze!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its left leg!
The ebony sliver lands a good strike to its right leg!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its head!
The ebony sliver misses completely!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its left leg!
The ebony sliver lands a heavy strike to its chest!
The ebony sliver lands a good strike to its left leg!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its neck!
The ebony sliver lands a very heavy hit to its abdomen!
The ebony sliver lands a strong hit to its abdomen!
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:22 PM CST
Not sure if you were having issues with just TKT, but I tried that to with around the same results

You gesture at an asaren celpeze.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its abdomen!
The ebony sliver lands a solid hit to its chest!
The ebony sliver misses completely!
The ebony sliver lands a very heavy hit to its chest!
R>

Maybe its just an issue with head-splitters for some reason. I haven't bothered hunting there since I like to have my skinning.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:23 PM CST
>>Aren't you guys tired of hearing this same complaint over and over again by now? Its been ongoing for years.

Details are good. I can address details. So far you haven't provided any.

>>I just don't understand how TKT is working as intended when they are not hitting for any damage with moon slivers

How much skill? What are you attacking? How much mana? Fully targetted? What's your balance? What is it's balance? Is it something that's resistant to piercing damage? Etc.

>>not capable of lifting ammo that might work.

What are you failing to throw? If the item's valid to throw (ie: It's not something we don't want thrown for technical reasons) TKT should always throw it these days and the rest is just cosmetics.

>>The issues need to be fixed not ignored.

They aren't being ignored, but I need actual information if you want me to investigate.

>>Why capped cast the new "elemental damage" sliver ammo bounces off targets with no damage?

I need details to debug.

>>I am 100% certain this spell regardless of being dependent on the same systems as other TM is not actually working to create the designed effect.

I do not believe this to be the case but without more details I cannot confirm it.

>>A 2 second round time punch with a fist is higher damage and more accurate with 200 ranks less brawling than I have in TM compared to my fully targeted capped cast.

Are you causing impact damage with brawling? Because if you're using a piercing attack on something that's highly resistant to piercing and not resistant to impact damage this could be 100% true and also be the expect result.

>>Every other TM I have hits every target i'm testing with just fine without even fully targeting or adding more than 1 extra mana.

Which spells?

>>Its disappointing you aren't even excited to make the lunar shards do "good" elemental damage.

Statements like this do not add weight to your arguments.

>>Why do something that has major potential for cool factor and for practical relevance for the guilds TM, and then aim so low by making it fluff without even a message to look cool?

TKT has rather bland messaging. It's always had rather bland messaging. This has, historically, never stopped it from being a cool spell.

Additionally, TM messaging is one of the most complex and time consuming things to do with the magic system (I have at least two essentially finished spells that aren't released just because they lack TM messaging, and could easily knock out a half dozen more since TM spells are very easy to write... except for the messaging.) Doubling or tripling that overhead comes at a fairly hefty development price. (Bards, let's not talk about Will of Winter, okay?)

>>IIRC wasn't ammunition changed not to matter, i.e. it all does the same amount of damage regardless based on spell potency and all that? So not being able to lift certain kinds of items is a non-issue. Moon slivers are merely a way to control which type of damage you're doing.

Basically.

I do have some plans to redo how we select items for spells like TKT/TKS and do the handling on the backend that will hopefully slay a number of bugs once and for all and also lean up how you interact with the spells. No time line yet as it's fairly in-depth but won't be very visible on the player end.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:24 PM CST

Maybe the problem is certain critters are resistant to TKT or TKS that should not be?

While I have some people on this topic... Is it agreed generally that the messaging needs updated to express the different elemental moon shards or ammo being used? Flavor it up? I want to see elemental damage if the spell is doing it.

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:29 PM CST
I'm not sure how hard it would be to reflect elemental damage. I do know that the GM's don't like the actual spell mechanics, and it might be harder than you would think to toy around with it. I would be surprised if you see the ability to use other ammo go out the window in the future, there was talk before of it just creating ammo with the spell, probably similar to the shards that are used now.
There isn't, AFAIK, a way to make mobs immune to a specific spell like that. Nobody is picking and choosing mobs to make immune to TKT/TKS.

It's possible headsplitters are immune or resistant to impact damage. I've never hunted them so I can't say for sure. Have you tried other mobs?

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
>>What does that consist of? The resolving that is. Knockdown and unconscious seem to go more or less hand in hand.

There are three tiers of success (nerve damage scales throughout the range):

1) Stun only
2) Stun + item drop
3) Unconscious + prone + item drop

>>TBH I could do without the weapon drop, since it doesn't really do anything for pvp.

I am extremely dubious of this statement.

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:30 PM CST
>>Aren't you guys tired of hearing this same complaint over and over again by now? Its been ongoing for years.

>>Its disappointing you aren't even excited to make the lunar shards do "good" elemental damage.

I enjoyed reading this while knowing how often Raesh gets annoyed as all get-out over anytime he has to fix the same TKT bugs over and over, just based on how often he's gotten annoyed over it on the boards themselves.

IMO, it's safe to say that Raesh is probably more annoyed at TKT sometimes acting up than players are at this point.

>>What does that consist of?

Clearly not a GM but I wonder if they're going to go the same route that they proposed going with CH for Necros. Lower-cost entry point with a couple different metas you can add into the mix. So you get your base level stun, maybe a "drop items" meta, maybe a "pass out" meta, etc.

>>head-splitter

Is it possible there's something about certain undead themselves that are not playing well with TKT, as opposed to TKT itself? I could have sworn some undead were arbitrarily set to resist certain things for no good reason (or maybe an oversight/bug). Like how those bats in Hib resist all magic but holy (I think the gargs up there are similar?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:33 PM CST
Nerve damage could stand to stack for MB. That would be nice.

Personally I'd like to see MB as a discrete spell go away and all of its various accouterments be made metaspells of Sleep.

All of MB's other "problems" are problems of debilitators in general.

>> I am extremely dubious of this statement.

It really doesn't. It never did. The only useful thing you reasonably got out of item drop even back in the day was exploiting mechanics to then steal the item from them, or avoiding the graverobbing mechanics if you were going to kill them since that way the items dropped aren't flagged as graverobbed.

Thayet

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:35 PM CST
<I am extremely dubious of this statement.

What I meant by weapon drop in pvp is, that you can just immediately pick the weapon back up. I guess if your using it with parry stance and for some reason you don't have a parry stick. I'd rather see a disarmed state, where you couldn't attack, hands were asleep or something honestly.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:45 PM CST
>>You gesture at a zombie head-splitter.

There's your problem. And it turns out TKT is actually buggy when handling corporeal undead - I'm looking into a fix now.

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:47 PM CST
>>What I meant by weapon drop in pvp is, that you can just immediately pick the weapon back up.

You mean after the stun/unconsciousness, right?

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:51 PM CST
>> You mean after the stun/unconsciousness, right?

Yes, they're already stunned/unconscious and cannot attack you with a weapon anyway. At best you have deprived them of their ability to parry IF they are using parry (nobody uses parry, especially in a fight with a magic user) and only IF they are not also wearing a parry stick (who doesn't wear a parry stick?) and then those things are only relevant IF you are attacking them with something that can be parried in the first place.

Thayet

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:52 PM CST
<There's your problem. And it turns out TKT is actually buggy when handling corporeal undead - I'm looking into a fix now.

Thanks mate. Now what about flavoring up the messaging to indicate the elemental damage. And if it is hitting with fire now, will it ignite naphtha?

<I am extremely dubious of this statement.
>>What I meant by weapon drop in pvp is, that you can just immediately pick the weapon back up.
<You mean after the stun/unconsciousness, right?

Your weapon is useless if you are stunned and prone. And nobody is relying on parry in a fight against a PC.

I can see its not only me who is no impressed with MB as it currently is. Stacking nerve damage should be its flavor. I think most agree that it should be cleaned up and made more specifically a tool to attack a targets nervous system and leave out the weapon dropping deal and other mechanics that tie it to diminishing returns. This would allow the spell to be used to soften a target up, which is more valuable than anything else the spell currently does.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:53 PM CST
Novices were mentioned as it not being great for them, but in my experience with my newer Moon Mage TKT is absolutely fantastic as a TM spell starting out. I initially picked up DO and picked up TKT a few circles later and I wish I had picked up TKT and skipped DO instead. The spell has quirks and bugs, but none of them has taken away from it still being a fun spell to use. I alternate between using some arrows and random pieces of stuff critters dropped, but as it's been mentioned that is entirely cosmetic as it goes through the same TM damage calculations.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:54 PM CST
Now that I think, I can grant that it is useful in the case of PvE against certain mobs with shields, since mobs don't wear their shields most of the time so you can fully knock out two of their defenses that way.

PvP it is pointless. I do not think the spell would suffer from losing that utility in return for a cost reduction.

Thayet

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 06:55 PM CST
<You mean after the stun/unconsciousness, right?

Yes, but like I said, since parry sticks are a thing now you can always fall back on that to parry with. Most folks always run a split evasion / shield stance for pvp anyway. At least people I know. I'm not trying to gripe so much, as to point out the fact, that something that probably worked a lot better when shields were held, and parry sticks weren't around, is not as effective now. I wouldn't mind the option to add the perks via metaspells honestly. I'm sure some people like the effect for disarming mobs weapons that have high parry skill. Its just not something i'm to concerned with myself.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 07:16 PM CST

>>CRS was removed because it didn't thematically fit with Moon Mages and it's still intended to return as a Stellar spell (And is one of the projects near to top of my list to tackle) with some slightly redesigned mechanics and a more appropriate theme.

This is exciting.
Re: Mental Blast Tangent. 02/22/2016 07:19 PM CST
>>Yes, they're already stunned/unconscious and cannot attack you with a weapon anyway.

I admit, arm worn shields and parry sticks kind of put a damper on things. I'm tempted to change the item dropping to go to the "at feet" slot anyhow.

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 07:19 PM CST
... and TKT should actually work on corporeal undead now. There's a little bit of a fudge in there until we have our better ammo handling mechanics (You should actually take a penalty if your ammo isn't blessed vs corporeal undead and you won't right now... but I'm willing to let that slide.)

>>Now what about flavoring up the messaging to indicate the elemental damage.

I double checked while I was in the code - as I thought the existing messaging really doesn't lend itself to this without an extensive overhaul. I was very tempted to add "Oo that was hot!" or "Oo that was cold!" after every strike with a Yavash or Xibar shard... but no.

>>And if it is hitting with fire now, will it ignite naphtha?

I'd have to go dig into the naphtha code to be certain (Something I don't have time to do now - and I didn't write the latest version of them) but I believe any fire attack automatically tries to ignite naphtha if it's on the right body part.

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 07:23 PM CST
>> I was very tempted to add "Oo that was hot!" or "Oo that was cold!" after every strike with a Yavash or Xibar shard... but no.

A single fluff message before the hit scroll starts perhaps, if the spell is drawing on slivers? Just something that indicates the damage is changing.

Thayet

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 07:28 PM CST

>>... and TKT should actually work on corporeal undead now. There's a little bit of a fudge in there until we have our better ammo handling mechanics (You should actually take a penalty if your ammo isn't blessed vs corporeal undead and you won't right now... but I'm willing to let that slide.)

Thanks a ton mate.

>>I double checked while I was in the code - as I thought the existing messaging really doesn't lend itself to this without an extensive overhaul. I was very tempted to add "Oo that was hot!" or "Oo that was cold!" after every strike with a Yavash or Xibar shard... but no.

Thanks for checking into this. Even if its scheduled on the last of your to do list it would be a great sneaky present one day in the future when time allows.

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 08:25 PM CST
Here are some of my results with TKS, i did not use TKT to try this

You gesture.
Your cambrinth manacle emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A sharp pine sapling lifts off the bottom and zips toward a rock troll!
The pine sapling lands an awesome (13/23) strike to its right eye!

62 stone sapling - i vastly outclass the troll but still TKS grabbed that off the ground

You gesture.
Your cambrinth manacle emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A studded leather breastplate jumps into the air and zips toward an Adan'f shadow mage!
The leather breastplate lands a very heavy (9/23) hit to its head!
The shadow mage is severely stunned!
A studded leather breastplate jumps into the air and zips toward an Adan'f shadow mage!
The leather breastplate lands an extremely heavy (10/23) hit to its right hand!
The shadow mage is lightly stunned!
The leather breastplate lands a very heavy (9/23) hit to its abdomen!
The shadow mage sinks to the ground in a rustle of cloth and covers its face with the hood of its cloak. Slowly the movements of the cloaked creature stop.
The shadow mage's chain hauberk falls apart!
The mage's skull-tipped staff disappears, the shadows melting away.

The breastplates are 200 stone south side Shard troll armor

Not sure why you're not able to pick up heavier stuff but it does work.

As far as MB is concerned, i am unhappy with it given the slot cost and the fact that it takes two full casts to put anything to sleep. I like that they drop weapons and that they fall asleep/unconscious but frankly that's just about pointless because they wake up the moment i swing at them. The only saving grace of MB is nerve damage

The other spell i'd take issue with is mind shout, stun time is ridiculously low at level not to mention that many creatures higher up have stun avoidance abilities where they shake off stuns. The only reason i'm hanging on to this spell is to try it in groups and see if it trains better because it is hitting multiple targets. Given that it is a "basic" difficulty spell tho i am not that surprised. Is there a chance that difficulty for this spell may be increased and have an added effect beyond a very short stun?

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 09:12 PM CST

>>I'd have to go dig into the naphtha code to be certain (Something I don't have time to do now - and I didn't write the latest version of them) but I believe any fire attack automatically tries to ignite naphtha if it's on the right body part.

After testing this and landing multiple slivers to soaked areas I am assuming no. This is sort of a big deal since it would showcase the spell is actually doing fire damage. Currently there is nothing at all in game to indicate any fire damage at all in either the spell messaging or either moonblade's or Tkt's descriptions. If not for elanthipedia and forums it would be impossible to ascertain. From lore or mechanics.

Personally I don't actually think there is fire damage happening. Probably a bug that is sneaking around or the amount of fire damage given is so small it rounds down to 0.

Or Naphtha code is not working with "fire" in general terms which I doubt cause even a log on fire ignites it first hit every time.

>throw left hand
The naphtha soaking a sleazy lout bursts into flame with an explosive WHOOOMPH!
< With grace, you throw a burning branch at a sleazy lout. A sleazy lout attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The branch lands a light hit to the lout's left hand.
The burning branch falls to the ground!
[You're solidly balanced and in very strong position.]
A sleazy lout dives to the ground and rolls, trying to extinguish the flames!

Also Sliver Bug still around.

[Middens, Crossbow Bend]
The gravel road merges with a well-kept cobblestone street here. A firm surface underfoot permits you to pick up your pace. To the southwest, you see the oddly-shaped Observatory of the Southern Crossbow. Its sixteen-sided facade rises three stories above the flat river plain on which you stand. l a sleazy lout that is trying to remain hidden, a sleazy lout which appears dead, a sleazy lout, some scattered shards of broken glass, several large chunks of blackened granite, a sleazy lout, a sleazy lout, a wee crimson sliver, some copper coins and a sleazy lout.
Obvious paths: north, south.
>take sliv
You pick up a wee crimson sliver.
>put sliver in my harn
You put your sliver in your weapon harness.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 09:41 PM CST
Yeah - I give up on fixing the stupid sliver bug until I rewrite the back end mechanics. This is why I hate TKT.

Naphtha should also be working now.

-Raesh

Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 10:22 PM CST

>>Yeah - I give up on fixing the stupid sliver bug until I rewrite the back end mechanics. This is why I hate TKT.
>>Naphtha should also be working now.

Sorry to be a pain and thankyou for being a saint. Much love for this.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/22/2016 10:32 PM CST

The crimson sliver lands an extremely heavy hit to its abdomen!
The naphtha soaking a sleazy lout bursts into flame with an explosive WHOOOMPH!
The crimson sliver explodes into even tinier multicolored fragments and vanishes!

Moon mage guild just got some love.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/23/2016 01:28 PM CST

There was a suggestion a long time ago to that Naphtha when used with TKT will splash the target similar to Paeldryth's Wrath. Any chance of getting that to work? Currently it just destroys naphtha upon impacting the target.
Re: State of TKT - TKS and Sliver Ammo 02/23/2016 02:11 PM CST
I'm pretty sure I've argued that one before a long time ago when I played my MM in 2.0. I can't remember the results of that conversation, but if there was ever a spell that should have that kind of effect, it seems like it would be TKT.