TKT and TKS Slivers 11/07/2015 10:55 AM CST
I'm not sure if this topic has ever been brought up before, but, would it be possible that the slivers used from breaking moonblades and other puncture related ammo lodge?
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 11/09/2015 01:07 PM CST
According to the wiki this spell always deals piercing damage. It would be weird to have something like a target shield lodged into a creature. I wouldn't mind if the broken moonblades lodged, but it would probably create a lot of junk items.

Personally, I think the telekinesis spells are already too complicated, and seem to have issues more often than other TM spells. I would prefer they ignored items other than the broken moonblades and the Nomad choose cantrip, and just threw 'debris' most of the time. Maybe at a more detailed level some environmentally chosen debris could be described (similar to how the description of Awaken Forest pets depends on the environment it is cast in). I think this would simplify things a lot.
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 11/09/2015 07:18 PM CST
Explosive shards when lodged, just sayin....
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 11/09/2015 07:21 PM CST
The removal of steelstar+dazzle is a crime that will never be forgiven.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 11/09/2015 08:37 PM CST
I'd like to see TKT and TKS both get rewritten and just create shards per cast out of available light (moonlight/starlight) without expressly requiring moonblade shards or physical ammo. Let broken moonblade shards give you X amount of additional strikes per cast but your main determiner of shard strikes how much mana you prepped the spell with. Using only a single type of ammunition seems like it would negate the problems with loot/junk/ammo and existing shard bugs. You could assign a damage template to the shards of light that included puncture for lodging.

It would be great if the future version of CRS would randomly arc and explode any lodged shards in your room.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 12/12/2015 12:42 AM CST
I've had the generic "debris" debate with Armifer a few times. It sort of goes like this (And the roles are totally interchangeable between us).

"So, I'm really tired of fixing TKT/TKS. The code is a mess of bondo and bailing wire and it keeps breaking no matter how many times we fix it. We should just make it throw generic 'debris' and solve this one and for all like how the old Energy Bolt worked."
"I've thought the same thing, but I can't bring myself to compromise and do that to the spell."
"I know what you mean."

(Though I like the visual of adhoc sliver creation that feels like more of the direction we're going with Trader magic.)

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 01/01/2016 05:09 PM CST

>> Personally, I think the telekinesis spells are already too complicated, and seem to have issues more often than other TM spells. I would prefer they ignored items other than the broken moonblades and the Nomad choose cantrip, and just threw 'debris' most of the time. Maybe at a more detailed level some environmentally chosen debris could be described (similar to how the description of Awaken Forest pets depends on the environment it is cast in). I think this would simplify things a lot.

Too much character has already been removed from the spell system. You are basically asking for a reskinned version of every other spell with different messaging. Something which has already happened 100 times during the 3.0 spell conversion to the detriment of the game.

>> The removal of steelstar+dazzle is a crime that will never be forgiven.

Yes.

Instead of fighting to simplify the game we should instead be fighting for more character and unique abilities. Why not make every moon sliver act like the old steel star? Why not let us explode them. Why not make something cool with it. WHY?

It's too powerful? Great. Sounds fun. That's what spells are supposed to be. Oh, and remove the moon requirements while you are at it. Or make celestial shards easier to make. Ty :)

>> The code is a mess of bondo and bailing wire and it keeps breaking no matter how many times we fix it.

I'm as tired of hearing this as you are of saying it. Also still waiting for Call of the siren conversion.
Re: TKT and TKS Slivers 01/01/2016 06:26 PM CST
>You are basically asking for a reskinned version of every other spell with different messaging.

That's quite literally what DR is.

Hell, that's quite literally what every game is.