TKT and Corporeal Undead 07/03/2015 03:29 AM CDT
Is it intended you can't damage boar clan zombies with TKT? It can damage other corporeal undead such as togballs and wir dinego.
Re: TKT and Corporeal Undead 07/03/2015 09:59 AM CDT
Just to confirm, you're not getting the magic resistance message that happens with min prep casts versus undead? Or are you getting the non-corporeal messaging? Or are you always getting no hits at all, or just grazing?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: TKT and Corporeal Undead 07/03/2015 12:14 PM CDT
>>Just to confirm, you're not getting the magic resistance message that happens with min prep casts versus undead? Or are you getting the non-corporeal messaging? Or are you always getting no hits at all, or just grazing?

All max prep TKT against three corporeal undead:

You gesture at a mutant togball.
A steel hhr'ata lifts off the ground and flies toward a mutant togball!
The hhr'ata lands an earth-shaking strike to its left arm!
A mutant togball rasps an unintelligible phrase before it collapses to the ground for good.

You gesture at a wir dinego.
A steel hhr'ata jumps into the air and zips toward a wir dinego!
The hhr'ata lands a hard hit to its chest!
The hhr'ata lands a hard hit to its chest!
The hhr'ata lands a good hit to its left leg!
The hhr'ata lands a solid hit to its back!
The hhr'ata lands a hard hit to its abdomen!

You gesture at a zombie stomper.
A steel hhr'ata jumps into the air and zips toward a zombie stomper!
It bounces off the stomper without appearing to do any damage.

I can hit malchata, so it looks like a zombie thing. It just seemed a little strange that the same weapon I can throw with my arm and do damage would just bounce if thrown with TKT.

I can hurt zombies with PD but not tuskies:

You gesture at a zombie stomper.
A crackling stream of energy flies at a zombie stomper!
With a loud slurping and sucking, pockets of bloody flesh split off of its neck and fly into the air.

You gesture at an enraged tusky.
A crackling stream of energy flies at an enraged tusky!
An enraged tusky intercepts the stream with its bristled hide, slowing it down! The stream activates too early due to the interference, harmlessly scrambling the space in front of it.

The tusky shot there was at half strength. I'm not sure that makes a difference, but there it is.

My first idea was all undead are invulnerable to any non-holy target, but that didn't fit the other tests. So I thought I'd ask about it.
Re: TKT and Corporeal Undead 07/03/2015 04:53 PM CDT
I've gone and tested myself, and I get the same thing with both TKS and TKT, and can hit them fine with DO and Burn.

>You gesture.
>You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
>An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!
>A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie stomper!
>It bounces off the stomper without appearing to do any damage.
>The ebony sliver explodes into even tinier multicoloured fragments and vanishes!
>A wee ebony sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward a zombie stomper!
>The ebony sliver explodes into even tinier multicoloured fragments and vanishes!

>You gesture at a zombie stomper.
>You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.

>A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a zombie stomper!
>The noose scrapes across its chest in a wide arc, removing a narrow swath of skin.

>A brilliant beam descends from the sky and shrinks into a tiny point centered on a zombie stomper.
>The beam badly chars the skin of the left arm and leaves a bleeding, smoking hole!

The only immunity they appear to have is across the board elemental according to the appraisal:

> app stomper careful
You are certain that the zombie stomper is healthy.
You are certain that it is somewhat stronger than you are.
You are certain that it is somewhat less agile than you are.
You are certain that it is somewhat less disciplined than you are.
You are certain that it is rather less quick to react than you are.
You are certain that it is somewhat more conditioned than you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a gargoyle-hide targe with a reinforced design and a silver-hued parry stick with reinforced silken straps, you are certain that the zombie stomper is a challenging opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the zombie stomper is an easy opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
The stomper appears immune to electricity, fire and cold.

Maybe try blessing your hhr'ata to see if that does anything? If that doesn't work I would chalk it up to TKT/TKS weirdness, because we all know those two spells are full of 'quirks' (read: bugs) anyway.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: TKT and Corporeal Undead 07/03/2015 06:59 PM CDT
>Maybe try blessing your hhr'ata to see if that does anything? If that doesn't work I would chalk it up to TKT/TKS weirdness, because we all know those two spells are full of 'quirks' (read: bugs) anyway.

After blessing the weapon I was able to hurt zombies with TKT.

It just looks all mixed up. One corporeal undead type can be hurt with a standard TKT, but the next has to have a blessed weapon TKT, even though it can be hurt with that same unblessed weapon if it's used melee or thrown. One corporeal undead type can be hurt with lunar target, but the next corporeal undead type can't be.

I suppose it's possible someone split up corporeal undead into different damageable categories, but I agree telekinetic weirdness still seems a prime suspect.