Targeted Magic training problems 09/23/2014 01:03 AM CDT

I am currently having issues training my TM.

Targeted Magic: 136 68.32%
combats are around 130ish

currently hunting between Gargs and Giant vipers around crossing.

I sit in gargs and run a tkt script over and over waiting for full targeting before casting. I cant seem to get over 1/34 in Learning. Please help. any and all information is appreciated.
Re: Targeted Magic training problems 09/23/2014 02:46 AM CDT
Targeted Magic training (along with Debilitation) trains like a weapon, so the creature you are fighting has to be in the correct skill range for you. If your Appraisal skill is ~100 ranks then you can use APPRAISE <creature> CAREFUL to see how well it will teach you various skills. E.g.:

<<If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.

As for the actual cast, first make sure you are using TARGET to fully aim the spell. I.e. TARGET <spell> <mana> and wait until you get the message about being "fully targeted" before using CAST. Second, it doesn't matter a whole lot how much mana you put into it, although more mana does equate to more damage which will help slightly with experience. It's more effective, however, to use as much mana as is easily sustainable rather than pumping as much mana as you can put into it. Running out of mana does more to hurt your experience earned than losing a few bits of experience per cast ever would.

Hope that helps!

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Targeted Magic training problems 09/23/2014 02:36 PM CDT
>>currently hunting between Gargs

Exp for granite gargs drops off around 125 in 3.1 also. You need to move up.
Re: Targeted Magic training problems 09/23/2014 04:01 PM CDT
>You need to move up.

Amiron says, "Even a mute would have said something about this amount of people being about."