TKT and ammo weight 03/19/2013 01:57 PM CDT
Since the updates TKT has seemed to be almost useless at moving anything heavier than a coin or stick. Is this intentional? Used to be able to throw around boxes and other objects at even a moderate prep, but now even at 80 mana prepped I'm getting messages like:

<A silver-alloy bola shudders slightly, but doesn't otherwise move.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!
Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/19/2013 05:52 PM CDT
Hmm. Interesting. I doubt that's intended, but I can't say for sure without digging in further (There IS a weight check but I'd think 80 mana would be sufficient to throw a bola).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/19/2013 07:13 PM CDT

Speaking of TKT and weight...

Since the item used as ammo now only affects type of damage and not amount of damage, is there any way the weight limits could be reevaluated? I'd feel way more awesome if I could throw around boulders and uprooted trees and greatswords and whatnot, even if they only hit as hard as pebbles and flowers and darts.

Just my two cents. Thanks!
TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/19/2013 10:23 PM CDT
I have
Disc 99
TM 815

My target has
Evasion 682
Shield 555
Reflex 76

I miss entirely rather quite a lot. Sometimes 3 or 4 fully targeted casts in a row.

This seems off to me.

Not that it is or should be a linear comparison, but it kinda gripes me a bit when she's landing blows with her longbow against me with 578 ranks when I've got 800 evasion and 670 shield and 99 reflex and then I'm hoping not to wiff with TM higher than her defenses.

Note: I do hit. It's just, the frequency with which I don't is giving me pause. Also, the mana cost of those wiffs makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry like a little school girl instead of fighting on.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/19/2013 11:46 PM CDT
Do you have some data? I'm not noticing much of a huge problem with TM accuracy, but this is with Cleric bonus against undead and TM-accuracy booster. I can say I sometimes whiff with my bow 3+ times in a row.

If you're willing, comparing 30 mid-mana casts against a longbow or crossbow would be helpful.
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/20/2013 01:15 AM CDT
Yeah, it's all anecdotal right now, and I don't notice it so much against creatures because missing a shot at something that isn't going to hurt me back doesn't carry the same kind of oh crap rating.

I was mostly wondering if it was just me seeing a run of bad luck or if there was something worth putting my testing hat on for.

Testing is going to be a bit rough on my subject because when I hit, it usually breaks something important (Thanks TM damage fix)

Guess I'll have Serchah take a wack at spousal abuse in the name of science.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/20/2013 01:26 AM CDT
>>I was mostly wondering if it was just me seeing a run of bad luck or if there was something worth putting my testing hat on for.

Anecdotally, and speaking only of Cleric against undead with single-shot spells, I haven't noticed more frequent misses, though when you whiff with a TM spell several times in a row it is much more annoying because of mana loss.
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/20/2013 02:49 AM CDT

>> serc

Maybe discipline is disconnected like int/wis? It used to be agility so I wouldnt be surprised if its buggy.
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/20/2013 03:40 AM CDT
Disc isn't factoring into TM right now, just Int/Wis.

That will change. (There's actually a number of bugs in how stats and magic interact that I just found that will be fixed in the lowercase s-oonish future).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TM Accuracy: How to miss the broad side of a barn. 03/20/2013 05:07 AM CDT
Sooooo....now Serchah won't have an excuse for the spousal abuse.

-Serc

Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/22/2013 11:00 AM CDT
Where was it stated that ammo only affects type of damage and not amount? Shouldn't the damage be a reflection of the mana put into it and the relative weight of the object?
Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/22/2013 11:26 AM CDT
>> Where was it stated that ammo only affects type of damage and not amount?

Armifer said it a couple weeks ago. Don't remember what folder or thread exactly.

>> Shouldn't the damage be a reflection of the mana put into it and the relative weight of the object?

In an ideal world, yes, but in the Magic 3.0 world where all spells run through the same model, no.

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/22/2013 11:41 AM CDT
>>>> Shouldn't the damage be a reflection of the mana put into it and the relative weight of the object?

It would really be the same thing you realize, but you'd just always need to find the heaviest item you can use of the damage type you want to use. It's much better to discount weight in the damage calcs.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: TKT and ammo weight 03/26/2013 10:07 AM CDT
>>>> It would really be the same thing you realize, but you'd just always need to find the heaviest item you can use of the damage type you want to use. It's much better to discount weight in the damage calcs.

Sounds great, makes sense since everything is going through the same mechanics. Still curious on what the heaviest object we can move though.