TKT and Magic Resistance 07/10/2010 07:28 PM CDT
I'd imagine this question has been discussed in the past but I'd rather not dive through decades of records. Is TKT effected by magic resistance on creatures?

I only ask because I see the TKT as propelling an object and letting the momentum of the initial launch carry that projectile to the target as opposed to Burn or DO which hits a target with magical energy.

Oban Mestofolles
Re: TKT and Magic Resistance 07/10/2010 09:37 PM CDT
I've had barbs walk through my room when I had TKS up and seen the motes around them so I'm going to go with "yes for now" because this will likely be addressed when the rewrites go live.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: TKT and Magic Resistance 07/12/2010 12:01 PM CDT
I believe that the MR applies to the targetting matrix, not the TM attack itself, so the MR would be attempting to disrupt the matrix.
Re: TKT and Magic Resistance 07/12/2010 04:05 PM CDT
>I believe that the MR applies to the targetting matrix, not the TM attack itself, so the MR would be attempting to disrupt the matrix.

That's the theory. As far as I can tell, it has never followed the theory: MR weakens the strength of TM spells and causes them to fail.

For instance, it reduces the duration of Rimefang.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl