TM Spell 07/04/2010 01:21 PM CDT
Hi everyone. I recently returned to the game from a yearlong break and I've been looking to revamp my spells. For the longest time I have used DO and TKT as my TM spells (I'm not much of a combat mage but everyone needs money).

Recently I've been thinking of doing away with DO and TKT in favor of something with a little more umph. I looked into PD but it seems so gruesome and a little unsportsmanlike and I have trouble seeing myself using such a brutal spell. The only real option I can see myself using is Crystal Spike.

How is Crystal Spike for combat? Is it worth the prereqs? Does it consistently teach TM at the 100-250 range?

Oban Mestofolles
Re: TM Spell 07/04/2010 02:00 PM CDT
If you really want to not use PD for RP reasons more power to you but you're gimping yourself.
Re: TM Spell 07/04/2010 04:02 PM CDT
Dinazen Olkar is just as powerful as PD. At least from everyone of my experiences with both of them. Whether one is more powerful than the other tends to change based more on whether or not blunts or slicing damage is better.

PD teaches pm and harness better.

I find the best spell for TM is TKS or SLS, though most people seem to regret the latter.

Our most damaging spell is ironically TKT given you have the right ammo. Getting TKS also makes TKT multi-strike.

I've never and specifically avoided getting the pre-reqs to crystal spike. At this point I'm running short on spells, I've had all the ones I wanted 10 circles ago, so I might lean into getting it.
I wish, I wish he’d go away...
Re: TM Spell 07/04/2010 04:06 PM CDT
>>PD teaches pm and harness better than any other spell MMs have

There you go.
Re: TM Spell 07/06/2010 11:06 AM CDT
CRS teaches PM and harness pretty darn good too.

PD is easier to script with.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: TM Spell 07/06/2010 11:24 AM CDT
I actually liked scripting with CRS, you skip the targetting step and just match on the line that tells you that you can't cast it on yourself.
Re: TM Spell 11/03/2011 09:59 AM CDT

I agree, CRS is a very useful spell for training as well as being useful for taking down a target fast. You can have three spikes in the room at a time if you are fast enough, and in the time you can fire a single PD fully targeted you could have managed 6 or more blasts from a spike(3 spikes, 2 blasts each). In PVP I have had much better success with CRS than even Burn. You can cast Dazzle or Mental blast fast enough to stun the target before the spike even fires, making it much easier to maintain a stun lock and keep firing TM at the same time. SOmething you can't do with the clumsy targetting needed to make PD even compare to CRS. The no targetting and its two strike feature make it much more useful I think than PD. CRS always locks my Lunar magic and harness faster than my TM. Also, I once killed a Necromancer two times with a single cast of crystal spike, something impossible to accomplish with most spells.