TM Tips? 10/28/2009 12:46 PM CDT
Every time I come back to this game, the TM system seems to have changed somehow.

Whats the best way to go about working it now?
Currently I'm just spamming PD on something's head...

Difficulty of the body part still matter or is it something else?
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 12:50 PM CDT
Join the WM Guild and spam Chain lightning to victory and beyond!
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 12:57 PM CDT
I'm not that familiar with Moon Mage TM spells. But I do know that when it comes to hunting critters, TM ranks is more or less equal to weapon ranks. Also, unless you're going after destroying a specific part of your critter, targeting a specific part really doesn't teach more than just targeting the critter.

You'll want to be sure you're far enough up the critter chain to learn from what you're hunting.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 03:27 PM CDT
TM learning is in a very odd place right now due to Dart's bandage fix to the exp system until new combat comes out.

The end result is that exp works like this:

(Static amount of hitting at all) + (Damage)

The problem is... frequently you one or two shot with PD. You CAN train with it if you have the mana and and endless stream of critters.

However, oddly enough, if you just whore on the static amount you can frequently learn a lot more. This leads to the energy bolt spam macro (Which can be replaced by a bigger spell if you want at higher levels).

I'd post it, but I'm not logged in atm and I can't recall it off hand.

I'm sure someone will provide it or I will later.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 03:32 PM CDT
>>However, oddly enough, if you just whore on the static amount you can frequently learn a lot more. This leads to the energy bolt spam macro (Which can be replaced by a bigger spell if you want at higher levels).

Dart actually said, perhaps not in so many words, that this is the best way to train TM currently. I won't go into how sad that makes me.
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 03:34 PM CDT
I'll admit it... when new exp came out I was grooving it for physicals training.

... and after the TM changes I worked with it for a little bit.

... and haven't even bothered training TM outside of invasions or classes since.

Maybe once I get 2 more circles I'll mess with it again, but right now it just hardly seems worth the hassle.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: TM Tips? 10/28/2009 04:50 PM CDT
I don't think I've trained TM on critters in ages. Just randomly picking up classes around has far outstripped it from my combats.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: TM Tips? 02/03/2010 03:37 PM CST
I know I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but I've just started a new moon mage and want to get opinions from the more experienced ones. My only other experience with magic using characters is with a WarMage (didn't even make it to 20) and with them you just snap cast a min prep Gar Zeng for TM. Anything better at lower levels than just snap casting min prep bolt for us?
Re: TM Tips? 02/03/2010 03:40 PM CST
For learning TM, regardles of guild, snap cast bolt(or other similar low prep spell) is about as good as it gets for TM learning.

That only applies right now under the current EXP/TM model. When new combat/TM gets rolled in, expect it to change.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: TM Tips? 02/03/2010 03:44 PM CST
Awesome, thanks.