I hate you TM 07/18/2009 12:39 PM CDT
I hate you TM.

Outta the last three times I've gone hunting to lock it all the way up one time on my way out I stop to kill one last mage and instead of the DO's missing me or clipping my shield or worst a light hit, cuts me clean in half.

This time I head out, pop into the ways... and:

A wave of rippling air sweeps through the conduit! The streams of mana twist and writhe violently before settling into new patterns.
>southwest
You move across the unreal landscape, navigating by the streams of Lunar energy.
[Astral Plane, Grey Expanse]
You can see nothing but grey light in every direction. The light is composed of a single soft color, lacking any sense of depth or texture. You cannot feel any ground below you and it is impossible to tell where the landscape ends and the horizon begins, or if such a distinction is even drawn here.
Obvious exits: none.

Don't you love it when it shifts as you enter the direction?

Losing 34/34 TM (Plus the same in astro and all my other magics) makes death sting a LOT more.

/sigh. Sorry just wanted to rant.
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 07:34 PM CDT
Ouch.

GM Lohkrian

"In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth."
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 07:40 PM CDT
Yesterday after that happened I'd locked up again was dancing for several minutes without a single hit, no buffs wore off - open roll adan'f fist through the chest, dead.

Went back today. About to call it a day, DO randomly catches me with a vicious stun, contingency wasn't up (Moons had swapped while I was out hunting) another one took my head off before it ended.

So that's like 1/5 locked TM pools I've actually gotten to walk away with recently with the new xp system. ugggghh. New xp makes death like x3 as bad.
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 09:04 PM CDT
If only you could predict when open rolls were more likely to happen...
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 10:36 PM CDT
Oh that's easy. Right around 32/34-34/34 TM.
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 10:49 PM CDT
Heh. I feel your pain. About a month ago I spent over an hour carefully juggling mind lock states over multiple hunting grounds and out of combat tasks to get a greater than my average number of skills at or near mind lock simultaneously without reaching murky. I was really quite proud of myself. I then decided I'd run up from Langenfirth to my usual hang out and drain spot in Theren. But, as I arrived at the gate, one of those fleshreapers(?) did its AoE knockdown/rt ability the instant I walked into the room and the crowded room decided to whomp my arse good and dead. :(

But it doesn't end there... To add injury to insult, I decided to DEPART ITEMS and really quickly run out and get TM at the very least back to ML. However, not two rooms west of the church where I departed to, I was arrested, found guilty because I assume my charisma was tanked from the death effects, and had to pay a fine of 4 plat. All within a couple minutes after dying. Double :(

At least it was just once.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 10:53 PM CDT
After dying from the expansing I was finally brought back to Crossing where I was promptly arrested while being dragged to the clerics, unable to plead my case and fined 68 copper.
Re: I hate you TM 07/19/2009 10:56 PM CDT
Heh. Only 68 copper, huh? Must be nice. :D

You win btw.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: I hate you TM 07/20/2009 01:24 AM CDT
On the other hand, when my TF script stalled last night shortly after I went to sleep, getting arrested triggered another section and allowed it to resume. 6 gold was the least I could give to say thanks.
Re: I hate you TM 07/20/2009 06:44 PM CDT
I definitely feel your pain. I went from like, 10 favors to only 3 in just a few days from open rolls. I had 30-34/34 in about 10 different skills and as SOON as I was typing in retreat to leave combat, a very heavy hit blew my chest out.

It kept happening just when my combats were mind locked. I've never hated open rolls this much before.

Vinjince
Re: I hate you TM 07/20/2009 06:49 PM CDT
Man to be honest this happens to me all the time, too. Have five or six skills locked be leaving and bam! It's kinda ridiculous. Maybe it's in the code to kill us off when we're locked!
Re: I hate you TM 07/20/2009 07:05 PM CDT
Happens to me in cave bears of all places. Usually just gives me a mod bleeder and nearly vitality kills me. Of course, then Im stunned on the ground and safe from being hit for a good while. It does seem to happen a lot more of late though.
Re: I hate you TM 07/21/2009 05:11 PM CDT
I find myself being a bit more cautious now in fear of losing field exp because of death and leave hunting areas sooner.
Re: I hate you TM 07/22/2009 09:44 PM CDT
It might just be my perception but it seems like when I first start hunting i'm evading/defending block or shield a good even mix. by the time i'm done just about every attack is getting through to be absorbed by armor or inflicting damage with no burden changes. It's was usualy forces me to leave because the bleeders start to stack up.

Also, put shear up for the mages. Dosn't fix the open role problem but it will fix the DO killing you problem.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: I hate you TM 07/22/2009 09:50 PM CDT
1) I don't have Shear
2) Shear stops me from MBing away the shields from the warriors.
Re: I hate you TM 07/22/2009 09:52 PM CDT
In other words, Mozzik sux.

Rev. Reene

You hear your mental voice echo, Axiarra, are you still around? We had um... an incident on the third floor.

Your mind hears Vermire thinking, "The screaming, angry souls of the damned count as an "incident?""
Re: I hate you TM 07/22/2009 09:54 PM CDT
I'm so severing your thread.
Re: I hate you TM 07/23/2009 01:53 PM CDT
>by the time i'm done just about every attack is getting through to be absorbed by armor or inflicting damage with no burden changes.

Opponent's Position?

~Nitish
Re: I hate you TM 07/24/2009 11:43 AM CDT
"Opponent's Position?"

Unlikely. I kill at an almost constant rate, nothing is really alive long enough to individualy gain position beyond what the ones I was fighting half han hour ago were able to gain before untimely demise. It seems to me for the first half hour or so I'm going pretty good then slowly I go from taking no hits to taking brushing down to taking wounds and finaly bleeders push me out for healing.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: I hate you TM 07/24/2009 01:24 PM CDT
Could always get a pfe scroll and unleash it, or a pfe rattle thing. Pfe absorbs some of the damage done by the adan'f dinazen olcar. It used to be to the extent where it'd reduce it from doing severe damage to either zero or a dodge. Not sure how effective it is now though.
Re: I hate you TM 07/24/2009 11:50 PM CDT
>>Unlikely. I kill at an almost constant rate, nothing is really alive long enough to individualy gain position beyond what the ones I was fighting half han hour ago were able to gain before untimely demise. It seems to me for the first half hour or so I'm going pretty good then slowly I go from taking no hits to taking brushing down to taking wounds and finaly bleeders push me out for healing.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me in the test instance before new exp was released. I initially thought Dartenian coded some system but he said he didn't. Maybe it's some kind of rare bug.

Vinjince
Re: I hate you TM 07/25/2009 12:27 AM CDT
There have been a few other people mentioning this is various other folders.

- George, Player of Foresee