TM v2.0 07/03/2009 01:24 AM CDT
So as per http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=35&topic=11&message=8454

... consider this an official "what's the plan?" to any MM flavored GMs who might trip over it.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 10:39 AM CDT
>>consider this an official "what's the plan?"

There is a plan?

Wythor's post summed up the technical issue very well.

The decision will be based on the nature of the spells. I haven't made any final decisions on specific spells. To me it seems like pointing at something is similar to targeting it, so the nature of the spell suggests to me that it should be targeted. CRS has always seemed to me to be sort of a sudden strike, so I am inclined to go with untargeted for CRS.

Nothing is cast in stone at this point, however.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 11:00 AM CDT
So how would that work with SLS?

You'd have it hanging around, and instead of pointing it at things you'd target it at things and tell it to strike instead of casting it again?

Would you want to retain the functionallity of being able to point it at something while you target something else?

Is this something you'd like a player base discussion on of what we'd like to see our TM spells become, or do you just want to rolling it around behind the scenes?
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 11:44 AM CDT
I'd like to see the SLS approach time act as the "target time" for accuracy purposes. I like CRS how it is, so whatever keeps it near the same is good to me.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 04:49 PM CDT
>>Is this something you'd like a player base discussion on of what we'd like to see our TM spells become, or do you just want to rolling it around behind the scenes?

I always welcome constructive discussion and ideas.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 04:59 PM CDT
I agree with the thoughts on SLS so far.

I hope the delay and randomness inherent in TKS could possibly balance out the target time? It would be nice if TKS got some accuracy.

Rev. Reene

Reene: I WILL BECOME MINILYRAS!
Devan: ... I thought you already were.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 05:34 PM CDT
My surface thoughts on our TM spells (Keep in mind of course I don't even currently HAVE a lot of these spells and am not exactly one of the combat junkies in the guild).

TKT - Still has a niche at high levels due to multishot. If we have the option of "technically if it was plugged into TM 2.0 right now due to the mechanics it'd still could be cast all w/o increased target time" staying... that'd be best of course. I dunno how much the multi shot would be worth increased target time given how much weaker a shot of TKT is in general compared to high end options (And the multishot function IS a high end option).

TKS - Is there some way we could get this turned into a true AoE spell (Or develop one to go with it) where it takes a shot at everything in the room at once?

Burn - Has a nice niche in DFA even if that's weaker then it was.

DO - I'd like to see some more... point to this spell. Something unique about it (not really a lot of ideas right now) but really having it lead to a good spell would work too creating another viable way to climb the tree. Perhaps swapping it in as CrS's preq instead of CG? Untying it from TKT would be nice too - that way it could serve as the intro TM spell (Since right not every TM spell that isn't CrS or PD or Burn requires TKT - 2 4th tier spells and a spell that has several conditions to cast)

SLS - I personally would not want to see this lose the ability to close in on one target while you're prepping and targetting at another. However SLS has it's own issues to resolve (That have been bashed about several times before).

CrS - Again; the way the spell works is what defines it. I'd resist giving it the ability to be targetted and use it for things you're already good at hitting or are already CCing.

PD - Straight up brutal TM spell. That's fine.

Ripple - ??? I'd just like to actually see the rewrite that was mentioned on this happen, this spell's been in limbo so long and seems like if it really does become banishment it might be some sort of target doohicky.
Re: TM v2.0 07/03/2009 11:51 PM CDT
>>You'd have it hanging around, and instead of pointing it at things you'd target it at things and tell it to strike instead of casting it again?

If SLS is going to be targeted, it will follow in the footsteps of Ball Lightning and Magnetic Ballista. Target time will be 'front loaded' into the spell before casting it and every shot afterwards will take advantage of the target time bonus to accuracy. The spell's function would remain unchanged, allowing you to point it at different targets while targeting other spells.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: TM v2.0 07/04/2009 12:26 AM CDT
The only problem with TKS is that is has a oddball timer on other players, unlike monsters.
Re: TM v2.0 07/04/2009 02:03 AM CDT
>>TKS - Is there some way we could get this turned into a true AoE spell (Or develop one to go with it) where it takes a shot at everything in the room at once?

Horrendous accuracy aside, its actually okay by me if it stays the way it is. I'd rather ripple be a FoU-type spell. Taking a shot of everything at once will limit how many times TKS will be able to hit low amount of targets and its one of my favorite spells to put up on two or three targets and just let it roll through em.

>>DO - I'd like to see some more... point to this spell. Something unique about it (not really a lot of ideas right now) but really having it lead to a good spell would work too creating another viable way to climb the tree. Perhaps swapping it in as CrS's preq instead of CG? Untying it from TKT would be nice too - that way it could serve as the intro TM spell (Since right not every TM spell that isn't CrS or PD or Burn requires TKT - 2 4th tier spells and a spell that has several conditions to cast)

This spell has alot more point to it then most people give it.

1) For one its easier to prep then PD so for a GOOD LONG time it can be used to shove more mana into and actually achieve more damage then PD.

2) Its slicing(and puncture I think) damage which can help on creatures strong to impact. I know it has a secondary damage type I just forgot what, something about the ropes partially phasing through.

3) Its moonlight manipulation NOT transduction. With the new mana system on test this makes a HUGE difference as when katamba is dominant its actually far better to use DO then PD or TKT for mana.

4)CRS is also moonlight manipulation but it is not fully targetted and thus looses accuracy. Meaning DO is far more accurate and can be finely tuned for precise strikes.

5)Comparable to every other 2nd tier TM spell DO is actually just fine, the only downside is it has no pre-req to anything, which is the only reason people complain.

>>Ripple - ??? I'd just like to actually see the rewrite that was mentioned on this happen, this spell's been in limbo so long and seems like if it really does become banishment it might be some sort of target doohicky.

Again what I said earlier, I'd rather this spell be converted to a FoU type-spell. Or what I call a blastwave-type spell. Fire, nails everything in the area(once) and dies.

"The demons said Humans are responsible for their own actions, but their thoughts were dictated to them from above. Is that really fair?"
-KUF:COD
Re: TM v2.0 07/04/2009 06:38 AM CDT
Wythor,

>>If SLS is going to be targeted, it will follow in the footsteps of Ball Lightning and Magnetic Ballista.<<

Any thoughts on how Dragon's Breath is going to work?

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: TM v2.0 07/04/2009 01:22 PM CDT
I like how TKS is currently except the hour you have to wait for it to pulse on another player.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"