PD vs CrS 09/25/2008 12:00 AM CDT
FIGHT!

Naw... seriously. I already have CrS. I feel like I should get PD... I mean... it's calling to me.

I feel like I should have a true TM spell (as it is I have energy bolt, burn, and CrS...). And I know it trains really well.

But... CrS I can be incredibly lazy. I don't even need to target. Just mental blast (if they have a shield) prep 10, har 10, cast or prep 20 appraise cast, maybe throw a second one... loot.

It locks me up in PM/Harn/TM real good.

So can anyone make a real argument for WHY I should get PD other then the vauge desire to have something other than energy bolt that I can fine target with and some fairly nasty crits?

I mean my other choice is SoD... another training spell, when Psy still trains me decent.

-- Mozzik, the Fateweaver

Caelumia says, "I love the tools even more."
Re: PD vs CrS 09/25/2008 12:16 AM CDT
PD is fine targetable and teaches forever.

Rev. Reene

"There is an innocence in admiration; it is found in those to whom it has not yet occurred that they, too, might be admired some day."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: PD vs CrS 09/25/2008 12:31 AM CDT
I'm aware PD is fine targettable. I'm however trying to think of a (PvE) situation where that would matter to me.

As for teaching forever, for that to be an argument I'd need proof that CrS does not.

-- Mozzik, the Fateweaver

Caelumia says, "I love the tools even more."
Re: PD vs CrS 09/25/2008 12:32 AM CDT
On second thought I'll just let JMF jump in here.

Rev. Reene

"There is an innocence in admiration; it is found in those to whom it has not yet occurred that they, too, might be admired some day."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: PD vs CrS 09/25/2008 03:25 AM CDT
>On second thought I'll just let JMF jump in here.

Heh. PD is beyond comparison, among moon mage spells. With CRS you'll always have prep time.

I mean look, if you don't care about hunting you don't need PD, ever. But... there's nothing like PD.