Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 04:03 PM CST
>It is a shame I cant thump you on the message boards.

<<...but probably a good thing, for your own sake.

I can handle not posting for a minute.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 04:08 PM CST
<<Actually, had I known what the sect hall was going to be like I would have joined one with an outdoor area and/or telescope. I don't really eat the sect food, but if I did I imagine that would also be a higher priority than the cantrips.

Indoor is good for shadowlings. However, you should join your sect because of RP considerations. For instance, if you want to join a dark shadowy sect, bent on world domination, uses Sorcery, has a closet full of secrets then the Celestians are for you. On the plus side, I think they have an outdoor area and a telescope. Negative side, next time Tezirah shows up she will probably want to kill you.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 07:02 PM CST
>However, you should join your sect because of RP considerations. For instance, if you want to join a dark shadowy sect, bent on world domination, uses Sorcery, has a closet full of secrets then the Celestians are for you. On the plus side, I think they have an outdoor area and a telescope. Negative side, next time Tezirah shows up she will probably want to kill you.

I don't see how a sect's cantrip wouldn't be part of the lore surrounding the sect and therefore play a role in RP considerations.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 07:06 PM CST
>>I don't see how a sect's cantrip wouldn't be part of the lore surrounding the sect and therefore play a role in RP considerations.

Sure to a degree, but most look at what perks it comes with, not what they are associating with.

Player of Gilart
Everything written by this poster is non-guaranteed, use or accept at your own risk. All information is accessed from posters limited brain power unless log is provided.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 07:11 PM CST
>I don't see how a sect's cantrip wouldn't be part of the lore surrounding the sect and therefore play a role in RP considerations.

That was exactly my point. Thank you.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 07:45 PM CST
> Sure to a degree, but most look at what perks it comes with, not what they are associating with.

Yeah, but part of the problem may come when different sects are un-evenly developed. Turtle what? No tarot cards what?

In fact, with some sects having more IC information on their lore, history, and agenda, knowledge of cantrips may be one of the only things a Moon Mage can base their knowledge of the sect on.

Seriously, compare the agenda of the Gypsies (their agenda is no agenda?) to the Celestials (world domination, but from behind the scenes).

I'm a strong supporter of fleshing out the background and history of the sects, which would at least give people more information on the sects before they make a choice.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 07:48 PM CST
>> Seriously, compare the agenda of the Gypsies (their agenda is no agenda?)

Heh. For some. There is a serious face of Fortune's Path, and a very dark one as well. The philosophy can go both ways.

>> to the Celestials (world domination, but from behind the scenes).

The Compact is actually rather fleshed out history-wise and with regards to the different Assemblies. The Assembly of Katamba would agree, but the Assembly of Yavash would beg to differ.

Rev. Reene

The silence weaves a tapestry of once enchanted themes,
The shadows listen carefully and question what it means;
For stories have lives of their own,
But what good's a story whose end is unknown?
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 08:23 PM CST
>but the Assembly of Yavash would beg to differ.

Not allowed under the terms of their probation without a written request and approval by 2/3's majority. =(

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 09:29 PM CST
I picked Celestial Compact specifically for the cantrips and the proximity to Crossing.

I don't know jack about their RP or lore and I don't really care about it either.

My point here is that there are more than 1 type of player in this game. Some of them care about the lore and the "Secrecy" and all that jazz, some of them care about the mechanics. An OOC official message board for the game should encourage discussion for both types of players; Not say "PAFO if you want the stupid cantrips, want to know the lore? Ask me anything!"
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/15/2008 11:28 PM CST
Yeah. How many Crystal Monks joined because philosophy is the new coolest thing to do?

Seriously. All Crystal Monks should get a pop quiz on philosophy. Anyone who fails should be tossed into the volcano and see how fast they can teleport out. Way of the Disciplined Step that.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 01/16/2008 12:37 AM CST
Its a matter of time before some posts start disappearing... NOT ALLOWED!
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 04/23/2008 05:37 PM CDT
Drop this thread or bump the comments that have nothing to do with the TKT/TKS ammo. Take your argument into the sects forum.

And as the comments have so seriously derailed this thread:

TKT/TKS Ammo: He was saying the word "No" and that broken items cause more damage. Broken bottles, rusty disks are fun too. I personaly like Grubs :D

But if you have a problem with room clutter then do what I do. Pick up your loot when it drops, Move to another room when there is to much Junk. If you dont then your a good case to report on for script fighting.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 04/23/2008 10:17 PM CDT
>>Drop this thread or bump the comments that have nothing to do with the TKT/TKS ammo.

Hmm. Well I can certainly agree with the idea here, the thread was a fair bit off track... But it has also been dead for about 3 months, so I'm not sure if now is the time to squash it. With that in mind, however, I would like to suggest that the discussion not start back up unless it has to do with Targeted Magic in some way.

~Kheldun

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 05/04/2008 10:01 AM CDT
So, rusty discs cause a fair bit of damage?
Re: TKT/TKS ammo 05/04/2008 10:22 AM CDT
What makes an oddly good weapon is the left over boulders from MAB.

Takes alot of mana to move em, but they do alot of damage on impact.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page