Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 06:12 PM CDT
Hunt something more difficult than cougars. Beisswurms, Rock Trolls and bone wolves are near Crossing. Don't worry about targeting body parts unless you personally want to do that. TKT or DO, I'm sure both will work fine for you.

-Ghodbane
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 06:46 PM CDT
One way to milk creatures for more exp is to target nonvital locations. You can often do more damage before they die which means more experience. But the bottom line is you need to fight something harder.
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 07:08 PM CDT
So would it be better to target an arm or a leg? Should I be snap casting after the target?
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 07:42 PM CDT
>So would it be better to target an arm or a leg? Should I be snap casting after the target?

Neither. Fully target the whole creature and cast when fully targeted.

-Durnil
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 08:19 PM CDT
>Neither. Fully target the whole creature and cast when fully targeted.

Right, and when you kill in one shot you get less EXP. Great advice.

Any limb does fine, as long as you can hit it.
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 08:26 PM CDT
>> Right, and when you kill in one shot you get less EXP. Great advice.

If you're killing in one shot, fully targeted or not, you really need to move up the critter ladder.

Rev. Reene

>
Ealuik tosses eight of his jeweled gaharzen into the air and starts to juggle them.
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 08:32 PM CDT
>If you're killing in one shot, fully targeted or not, you really need to move up the critter ladder.

The advice was geared towards milking a creature for experience. Are we reading the same thread?

Also I disagree. I can 1 hit dobeks but they still move my TM well. Generally it would be easier to move up, if you only cared about learning TM. However, to keep defenses in line you have to make sacrifices.
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/02/2007 08:42 PM CDT
If you find you run out of mana before learning good TM, make sure you disable the enemy first. Shove them over and grab them, then blast away for better TM per mana spent, or wait for them to do a negative defensive penalty combat move and then retreat and blast away while they're in a lunge stance or something.

>Davius says, "Well, I am the most devious of people, and I can tell you that they are dumb."

Check out www.drplat.com - the DragonRealms Platinum community webpage!
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/03/2007 03:47 PM CDT
>>Just hit 50 TM, cougars don't move my TM more than learning. What's next?

You've just about capped what the cougars can teach in TM. I suggest moving to beisswurms or bone wolves too, if your defenses can handle them in case you can't retreat fast enough.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Help.. please help.. oh god somebody help me... 05/03/2007 03:53 PM CDT
<<You've just about capped what the cougars can teach in TM. I suggest moving to beisswurms or bone wolves too, if your defenses can handle them in case you can't retreat fast enough.>>

In addition, reavers or wind hounds is a good next step.

Cougars - creature level 6
Wind Hounds - creature level 7
Reavers - creature level 8

Also, wood trolls are creature level 8.

My Paladin in Plat did fine in reavers with 50 in all defenses and MO.

-Ssra

"Liar, lawyer, mirror, show me. What's the difference?" - TOOL