Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 11:56 AM CDT
I'm sure someone else has mentioned this before, but CRS was inadvertantly nerfed by the balance changes a while back. In short, the unbalancing feint attack CRS does is no where near as desirable as it once was. I believe a few other balance-related abilities and spells have been given a little extra "something" as compensation for the inadvertant nerf - just wondering if that could be considered for CRS.
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 03:41 PM CDT
Or just make it two attacks.

Darkese
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:15 PM CDT
I wouldn't mind the possibility for the feint being removed, resulting in two attacks every time.

Casts which resulted in a feint used to be more powerful in my opinion, now they are the weaker of the two possibilities.

wandering, not wondering - not praying for, nor pondering...
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:16 PM CDT
>Or just make it two attacks.
>Darkese

I don't think that would necessarily be a possitive change. If it involved the Multishot code then the potency of each shot could be less than the single attack that CRS currently has. That can be good and bad depending upon the circumstance.

CRS having two attacks could be better, but I can't say for sure unless I know how it will work or have access to it.

-Nitish

>Aim For The Heavens...

"You cut my foot off!"
"I apologize; I meant to cut off your head."
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:21 PM CDT
> CRS having two attacks could be better, but I can't say for sure unless I know how it will work or have access to it.

Have I been doing drugs, or doesn't CRS already do two attacks in many cases. I am pretty certain it sometimes does not make a feint attack, and only 2 attack pulses.

wandering, not wondering - not praying for, nor pondering...
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:27 PM CDT
<<Have I been doing drugs, or doesn't CRS already do two attacks in many cases. I am pretty certain it sometimes does not make a feint attack, and only 2 attack pulses.>>

Yep, it already does 2 attacks.

The second pulse is always a damage dealing attack, but the first one can be either a feint, or a damage dealing attack.
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:29 PM CDT
>Have I been doing drugs, or doesn't CRS already do two attacks in many cases. I am pretty certain it sometimes does not make a feint attack, and only 2 attack pulses.

You're correct.

I don't think CRS's two attacks right now use the Multishot code though. What leads me to believe this is that a fair amount of the time I kill things with the first pulse. If it were Multishot I don't think that would happen as much. That's just what I gather from my observations and that could be wrong.

Multishot, as far as I know, is the reson why throwing multiple items with TKT doesn't kill something and throwing one item with TKT kills something instantly. The result can be more TM learning for more overall damage done by throwing multiple items: More damage on the same critter before it dies.

I guess if CRS just did two attacks just like now all the time it would be a good change.

-Nitish

>Aim For The Heavens...

"You cut my foot off!"
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:39 PM CDT
CRS will lean towards a fient attack of the target is above your tm skill, and lean towards a double attack if they are at level.

basically if your hunting at level with crs it will double strike more often doing more damage. If your hunting above level it would feint attack more often to make sure it has a better chance of hitting.

Balance changes may have taken a hit but balance still counts alot.

_______
The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 05:57 PM CDT
<<CRS will lean towards a fient attack of the target is above your tm skill, and lean towards a double attack if they are at level.

basically if your hunting at level with crs it will double strike more often doing more damage. If your hunting above level it would feint attack more often to make sure it has a better chance of hitting.

Balance changes may have taken a hit but balance still counts alot.>>

If it leans, it doesn't lean very much. I'm inclined to call this one a myth. I see plenty of feints on eidolon steeds.

<<Balance changes may have taken a hit but balance still counts alot.>>

Erm...let's review.

CRS was designed with a feint ability that caused a hit to balance. As this particular ability was never directly nerfed, we can safely assume that it was considered to be balanced and otherwise working as intended at its past power-level.

It no longer has that power level due to a change to another system - which means it was unintentionally reduced in power.

This isn't hard.

I, too, would like to see it go to a full 2 attacks (at the very least). I'd prefer something else be added to it to compensate, though - but if nothing else, I'd rather see it just attack twice.
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 06:04 PM CDT
>>It no longer has that power level due to a change to another system - which means it was unintentionally reduced in power.

>>This isn't hard.

At what point did I argue this, yes balance is weaker then what it was. But if you ever tested it out yourself you'd find out balance is still a rather important role as things that can hit me when their nimbly balanced will miss by a mile while their extremely unbalanced. They are also much easier to hit this way.

I was simply trying to convey that the feint attack still helps, it is not a completely useless feature.

_______
The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 06:19 PM CDT
>I, too, would like to see it go to a full 2 attacks (at the very least). I'd prefer something else be added to it to compensate, though - but if nothing else, I'd rather see it just attack twice.

I'll agree with that.

I would rather have something more significant happen to CRS, but maybe we'll see something better for a 5th tier spell.

Easiest fix might be to just adjust the balance effects of the spell though.

-Nitish

>Aim For The Heavens...

"You cut my foot off!"
Re: Just a thought about CRS 08/12/2005 07:04 PM CDT
Weakening the hits on crs isn't something I want to see. The spell already has a drawback in the time it takes to spin up and the spikes shattering if you or the target leaves the room.

Two attacks with no feint would be great. If that's too powerful for some weird reason, then make the feint make the critter fall down since unbalancing it really doesn't do enough to it.

Darkese