CRS, new TM model, learning 07/29/2005 05:24 PM CDT
Don't recall if this was answered before but once Spike moves to the new TM model, will its PM and Harness teaching go back to how it was or somewhere close? Was doing some TM hunting earlier and rocketing off the spell a bunch, way locked in TM, concentrating in PM, pondering in HA, grunted dissatisfyingly, and continued on.

-- Toldorf GurKct

[Chaade] "So where does everyone hang out in Ratha?"
[Elentari] "crossing"
[Chaade] "Is that on the first tier or second?"
Re: CRS, new TM model, learning 07/29/2005 06:12 PM CDT
I can't tell you how CRS will be under the new model.

From what I know about the TM Model and spell difficulty, New CRS should teach better per mana relative to the current CRS.

I can tell you that I lock Harness and Primary Magic with it now within a reasonable number of casts. Just have to cast higher than minimum. How much higher depends on your skill levels and how much mana you have at your disposal. I use 3 times min prep when I hunt. That seems to be the best value for my learning.

That being said; I seriously doubt that CRS will ever teach as well as it did at min prep. I think the reason it taught that well at one point was a bug that got fixed somewhere in the Magic System.

Sure, it would be nice if CRS taught that well again, but I don't think that's realistic or necessary.

-Nitish

>Aim For The Heavens...

"You cut my foot off!"
"I apologize; I meant to cut off your head."
Re: CRS, new TM model, learning 07/29/2005 06:43 PM CDT
The high teaching rate for CRS dropped off when the new combat system was rolled in. According to West this was accidental and definitely unintended. Unfortunately he didn't find the problem before he left.
Re: CRS, new TM model, learning 07/29/2005 07:02 PM CDT
Ah, see the way I hunt is whatever's easiest, i.e., minimum mana, depending on the critter I'm hunting. Usually if I'm looking to kill an at-level critter in one cast, I prep crs, harn 10, cast. If it's something over me, then other things come into play like armor, how much higher the critter is, etc. That's when I might switch to Burn or PD. Then if it's something I can't connect with, i.e., way over, that's when MB comes into play, even then, at the minimum mana I can manage reliably on the critter (malchata would be prep mb, harn 10, cast til I do more experimenting, but that's dead reliable for me). I'm not complaining about the learning or anything, cambrinth makes up for what's not learned in combat, but was just curious.

-- Toldorf GurKct

[Chaade] "So where does everyone hang out in Ratha?"
[Elentari] "crossing"
[Chaade] "Is that on the first tier or second?"