Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 09:19 AM CDT
Well here's my thought on the spell....I love it I can't stand not to use it hunting when something is swarmy say I was in rockies when I got this spell andi had a hard time killing them and I can't really control them so I have my little buddy my sphere go after to one while I go after another and when you set your macros right it dosent make it hard. Sometimes I have the sphere after one critter I use melee with another and cast on another but over all I love this spell grant it its slow but it kicks butt
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 01:48 PM CDT
I've wrassled with the idea of picking it up, but hunt primarily with PD and a blade so wonder why I would need SLS. Over, say, some fun utilities like Thoughtcast?
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 01:53 PM CDT
The fact that you can't unlearn SLS makes it a big turn-off for me.

I might have learned it for fun until I could get something better, but I wouldn't be able to drop it later like I did DO, so forget about it.

It's got style but it's just not powerful or versatile enough to make it worth my time. I would pick it up if it had either of those things going for it.

Rev. Reene

"More I would, but Death invades me;
Death is now a welcome guest.
When I am laid in earth,
May my wrongs create
No trouble in thy breast.
Remember me, but ah!
Forget my fate."

- Dido's Lament
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 02:21 PM CDT
>> Over, say, some fun utilities like Thoughtcast?

cast person message that is like only this long

I'm sorry but your message is too long. DIE IN A FIRE THOUGHTCAST

WILL PEOPLE JUST GET CRYSTAL RINGS ALREADY?!!?
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 03:00 PM CDT
>>cast person message that is like only this long

Much longer than that.

>>WILL PEOPLE JUST GET CRYSTAL RINGS ALREADY?!!?

Buy me a couple dozen, and then chat with me while I'm on Aesry and you're anywhere on the mainland.

Just because you're incompetent doesn't mean it's a bad spell.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 03:06 PM CDT
Thoughtcast messages should be able to be longer with skill. Also, there should be a way for the other person to respond short of DG/SLS. Some way to 'think reply blah blah blah'.

Or we could all use pidgeoins.
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 03:18 PM CDT
>>Thoughtcast messages should be able to be longer with skill. Also, there should be a way for the other person to respond short of DG/SLS. Some way to 'think reply blah blah blah'.

Hmm- Malzard and I have had conversations via Shadewatch mirror/Thoughtcast before. I thought the message length was already dependent on skill and/or concentration? Granted, I don't have any strong moon mages to test that with.

What if the mage could create something like albredine rings, which would respond to a thoughtcast-link?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 03:18 PM CDT
>>Thoughtcast messages should be able to be longer with skill.

I suspect it's actually a parser issue. If it's technically feasible, then I fully agree.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 04:04 PM CDT
>> Much longer than that.

Yes, my post was completely serious, not a hint of hyperbole at all.

>> Buy me a couple dozen, and then chat with me while I'm on Aesry and you're anywhere on the mainland.

Most importantly, why would I want to talk to anyone on Aesry? And specifically why would I want to talk to you? You're mean :(

Crystal albredine rings are better than thoughtcast 90% of the time. TRUE FACT
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 05:16 PM CDT
<<Crystal albredine rings are better than thoughtcast 90% of the time. TRUE FACT

I most definitely beg to differ. Thoughtcast can reach anyone, anywhere. Period. With SHM its capabilities are further improved. Rings only have a limited range; larger than a K gweth, but not by a whole lot. If all you and your friends do is park your butts in the same part of the world for months, rings are enough. And as you've noted in your posts, not everyone has one making them useless in some situations. The only advantage a crystal ring gives a moon mage over Thoughtcast is not having to be the one to initiate a conversation and that can be overcome by giving your friends a celestial beacon so they can signal for your attention.

For effective long-distance communication, Thoughtcast combined with SHM is only rivaled by a high level warrior mage's familiar and bested only by two moon mages using SHM.

<<pidgeoins.

Not counting these of course. Heh.

-Evran

Armifer: EMA is now five times less likely to blow up in your face than MDIS!
Infomercial Co-host: That's incredible, Armifer! I know -I- would want this spell after hearing that!
Re: Starlight Sphere 09/15/2008 05:36 PM CDT
Thoughtcast and albredine rings have nothing to do with Starlight Sphere and Stellar Magic. Let's get back on topic or drop this discussion.