Lunar Observatory 03/27/2006 06:00 PM CST
Stellar Spell
Pre Reqs: RF and IoE

Think like FoI that WMs get except that it requires two or three celestial shards to create. They are used to establish a corresponding link with the heavens between the moons to align the Observatory. Within the Observatory you could observe and study the stars and not have any of the detrimental effects of the enviroment like weather, daytime or season. Though it would be nice if it did give you an advantage to studying, scribing, and observing if done at night. Perhaps even having a little shadow creature that could give a temporary starchart or telescope for those who are inside and vanish when they leave the LO.

LO combines this with RF so that it is out of site unless you have high enough perception to perceive and enter. Maybe if the Moon Mage knows WD s/he can cause the field to repulse those who try to enter if s/he wants.

If I was coding it, I'd give small sectual differences to the description messaging inside. Just something I was thinking about. =)

Stolas

There is knowledge hidden in the shadows
Re: Lunar Observatory 03/27/2006 11:12 PM CST
Would be nice to have a FoI type spell for us, I could really use the safe multi training, that extra critter always gets me.

-- Toldorf GurKct, melee Kcontortionist

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Lomtaun?
Re: Lunar Observatory 03/28/2006 01:20 AM CST
Maybe you can even talk Armifer into letting you do your observing and Enchanting while in combat ... it is an Obeservatory after all. =)

Stolas

There is knowledge hidden in the shadows
Re: Lunar Observatory 10/04/2006 10:44 PM CDT
Okay, so it took me a while to find this forum. Well, anyway I just read this spell idea. I want to say I really like it. Not too sure about using it for combat. Combat really isn't the Moon Mage thing after all.

-S

>Lasarhhtha pats you on the back.
Lasarhhtha says, "Others should learn much from you, yes."