Shadewatch Mirror 09/16/2003 07:53 AM CDT
Not really a bug or a suggestion.

When you look into the Shadewatch mirror and the vision of your target has faded, it doesn't come back automatically if he steps back into view; you have to "look mirror" again. The reason I bring this up is because, even though the scrying from the Shadewatch mirror has faded, I never truly stopped looking into the mirror.

Since I'm still looking in the mirror, can't the vision of the target return automatically?

Probably moot to many people, I mention this because something as simple as LOOK MIRROR brings your "shimmering" face over and over...and, while I'd like my mirror to benefit me with anonymity, I'd certainly like to avoid "text noise" and engrossing the screen with my face repeatedly.
Shadewatch Mirror Discrepancy 12/19/2003 05:33 PM CST
Allo - I've noticed an interesting little flaw in my favorite spell. I don't know if this has been brought up, but I haven't seen anything on it.

When the spell is focused on a person, people in the room speaking languages other than Common don't send. For example, if I put a Mirror on two Prydaen, and they speak to eachother in Prydaenese, I don't see anything (not even "PrydaenA says something in Prydaenese")

This holds true for all Languages and Races.

Meerc
Re: Shadewatch Mirror Discrepancy 12/19/2003 06:06 PM CST
I've held conversations with people in Ilithic over Shadewatch Mirror. We each had the spell cast on each other at the time.

~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth

All but the smallest bit of the night sun is obscured by clouds.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror Discrepancy 12/20/2003 03:05 PM CST
Hmm, when I tested it, no one saw anything when someone spoke in a Language. I didn't see anything, nor did my Rakash friend see "Soandso says something in Prydaenese." Likewise, Elves could not talk with Elves or see that the Prydaen was talking. Perhaps it's a flaw with me? Or could I be doing something wrong or missing something?

Fateweaver Meerc Goldenshire
Re: Shadewatch Mirror Discrepancy 12/20/2003 03:59 PM CST
I've had this same problem Meerc, It was somethin' that bothered me much so I've never worried about it. Yer not the only one though.

- Zelaide -

"If you're watching a guy suck a goat's nipple, you need to reassess your life."
- Tom Griswold

www.bobandtom.com
Re: Shadewatch Mirror Discrepancy 12/20/2003 04:09 PM CST
One bug with shadewatch is if you have a DG up, cast shadewatch, don't even peer through the mirror, and then break the mirror, you will see the room you cast the DG in again, as if you just cast DG.

ie..

prep dg
cast

[room, somewhere]
blah blah bla
obvious exits:

prep shm
cast
break mirror

[room, somewhere]
blah blah bla
obvious exits:
Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/20/2004 10:43 PM CDT
Maybe I'm guilty of trying to get an already powerful spell adjusted to be too powerful, but I was thinking that a Shadewatch Mirror should work like this...

prep shadewat 20
cast
invoke mirror Eldrad
You concentrate on focusing the mystical scrying powers of your mirror on Eldrad.
Round Time 5 seconds

Succeed or fail at this point, just like if you would have cast on them to begin with.

If they do something to make the mirror fail, it breaks just like normal, the link is severed thus destroying the mirror.
However, while the mirror is still in working condition you can invoke it on another player try to watch them instead, no need to recast.

Just seems a LOT more logical that it would work that way.

Eldrad

"Having dream in your name automatically makes you l33t, but conjuncting it with an even more hardcore name like crafter....holy christ on a cracker, that screams pure RPA." -- Amzari
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/21/2004 12:00 AM CDT
And you have to say "mirror mirror on the wall..." while doing it.

Jilly says, "Cute..."

Jilly says, "In an odd, leathery kitten kinda way."
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/21/2004 07:51 PM CDT
That or some other silly phrase, yes.
I am partial to SPOON!

Eldrad

"Having dream in your name automatically makes you l33t, but conjuncting it with an even more hardcore name like crafter....holy christ on a cracker, that screams pure RPA." -- Amzari
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/21/2004 10:36 PM CDT
<<I am partial to SPOON!

Been watching too many episodes from your "The Tick" DVDs? Hrm, is that even on TV anymore? I miss it!

-Foresee, the totally offtopic
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/23/2004 09:07 AM CDT
Sarcastro was my hero. ::swoon::

I don't use/interact with the spell much at all. But is it possible that this proposed setup could make it so there's a 10-30 sec downtime (or longer) between a target Unbending a mirror and getting a fix on that target again?

It just always seemed silly that a MM could just recast, nigh instantly.

But then, if you compare Shadewatch to Fams. Well, it wouldn't really be fair to have a downtime.

Regards,
Plaith Kids on Saturday

"Some may be so convinced of the threat and emotionally scarred, that they end up with nerve damage!"
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 04/23/2004 09:56 AM CDT
No.

-Sukair

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: Shadewatch Mirror idea 06/08/2004 08:26 AM CDT
Its not on tv but it is sold for about 15 episodes for 5 bucks at anime conventions...so is song of the south hehe
Shadewatch Mirror + Veiled Identity 06/14/2005 02:06 AM CDT
This is so obvious I don't know why it hasn't been done already, but when you peer through your mirror while your identity is veiled, your identity needs to be, well, veiled to the other side. I hate the fact that I have to completely give myself away to use this spell. Also, we have to be able to shift into the gaze of a mirror. If I haven't located yet, shift tells me I can't see my target clearly enough, if I've mirrored the room, I can see it better then I can with Locate.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror + Veiled Identity 07/04/2005 01:42 PM CDT
>> when you peer through your mirror while your identity is veiled, your identity needs to be, well, veiled

As much as I would like this or any other method of anonymous or non-blatant observation, requests in the past have been rejected on the basis of such a feature being "overpowered," despite the existance of another guild ability which accomplishes the exact same thing with nearly complete anonymity to those not in the guild, and with more functionality and vastly more obnoxuious room messaging than SHM.

Although I eagerly await a reversal on this decision, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror + Veiled Identity 07/04/2005 08:15 PM CDT
Doubt this works but:

Any fellow gypsies ever try using Lyodin Albir with SHM? I dunno and probably will never learn it so I'm not sure if it works with that.

-- Toldorf GurKct

Like Jessica Rabbit she collects bad habits,
gets her drinks for free
Animated vixen stole Cupid's arrow and came to rescue me
In the blink of an eyelid,
my lid opened up and I could see that she'd come to rescue me
Shadewatch Mirror 02/13/2008 09:35 AM CST
Is there a way to stop viewing the mirror without breaking it?

Sofar the only way, i have found, is to cast distant gaze.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 02/13/2008 11:11 AM CST
Auto-hide your Familiar window. =P

If Armifer feels like tweaking SHM, I'd suggest the verb IGNORE.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 02/14/2008 11:42 AM CST
Can't you just leave the room?
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 02/14/2008 03:29 PM CST
Once thou in thy shadewatch mirror gaze,
i assure you, it be not the case.
If thy mirror thee behind ye leave,
seven years misfortune thou shall recieve.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 02/14/2008 04:01 PM CST
>>Can't you just leave the room?

There are occasions where you don't want to break the mirror, but you want to stop watching anyways.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 02/14/2008 04:03 PM CST
Keep a fimilar window open and then just ignore it.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.