Vision Discussion Meeting - 2/22 02/17/2020 08:57 PM CST
Hey folks,

This is a notification that there will be a vision discussion meeting on Saturday, February 22nd at 9pm EST. We'll be meeting in the aviary at the top of the Great Tower in Shard. Come on up to hear about the latest visions, or share your thoughts on them!

It's been a while since I last hosted one of these, so I don't think I'm going to try and catch up on all the visions since the last one, since there have been a lot; we'll probably be focusing mostly on the most recent ones.

- Miskton
Re: Vision Discussion Meeting - 2/22 02/23/2020 04:44 PM CST
And here is a log of the meeting, for anyone who wasn't able to make it:

You exclaim, "Okay. Thank you all for coming!"

You say, "It's been a while since the last of these meetings, and there has been rather a lot of activity in the web of fate since then. My apologies for not being on top of keeping that knowledge being spread around."

Hanryu says, "No rest for the weary."

You say, "In the interests of time, however, I'm not planning to go over everything that has occurred since I last held one of these meetings, and will keep to some of the most recently appearing visions."

Lagu says to Hanryu, "Or the wary."

You say, "I'm happy to talk at a later point if anybody wants to follow up on anything in further detail, however."

You turn a page in your astronomer's journal.

You say, "Now, the first of the recent visions..."

You say, "I saw a disfigured scholar kneeling before an altar, the chapel dark save for a single torch providing flickering light. The scholar's features were a mess of scars, a triple line raked across his brow and cheek, and a simple linen patch covered one eye. His right hand was locked in a tight fist, grey skinned and streaked with black veins. The scholar prayed fervently, prostrating himself before the altar as he beseeched the Immortals for forgiveness. The altar shifted imperceptibly, and the scholar gasped. He drew a simple knife from his belt, and without hesitation, placed it on the altar. The pupil of his remaining eye dilated and he looked around in wonder, and the vision faded."

Lagu nods.

Ailunae shudders.

Yvela folds her arms across her chest.

Ailunae runs her fingers through her hair.

Rubei grumbles ominously, "May Ushnish's ire not focus on me, nor on my family, that disease and famine may pass us by. May he spare our town from his wrath, lest lava flow and floods strike down."

Lagu says, "I believe I've met that man."

Hanryu asks, "How long ago was your first sighting of that vision?"

Ailunae glances at Lagu.

Lenaea says, "Speaks to necromantic activity, I believe."

Zalinyar softly says, "That sounds rather...."

You nod to Lenaea.

Lagu says, "He was one of the Necromancers who aided Osven."

You say, "That was my thought."

Lagu says, "He's been in the Temple's keeping since then."

Ailunae nibbles her lip thoughtfully.

You say, "Ah, interesting."

Zalinyar ponders.

Hanryu says, "The tripel lined scar points to Maelshave for usre."

Lenaea says, "Perhaps he seeks to make things "right" somehow."

You say, "I'd thought that there was likely some matter of a conflict with Maelshyve, from the scars on his face."

Zalinyar gazes at Lenaea.

Ailunae blinks at Lenaea.

Zalinyar nods to Lenaea.

Yvela says, "He sustained his physical and mental trauma from an encounter with Sivroch during the raid on Maelshyve."

Lagu nods to Yvela.

Yvela says, "Since then, he seems rather driven to return to the Immortals' grace."

Ailunae ponders.

You say, "This vision would seem to bode well for him, then."

Hanryu says, "A noble endeavor."

Ailunae nods to Hanryu.

Zalinyar asks, "This means he might stand a chance to regain the favor of the gods?"

Hanryu says, "I hear there are plans to revisit the vestiges of the demon's soul."

Ailunae softly says, "Aye, if such can be accomplished ..."

Ailunae blinks.

Ailunae glances at Hanryu.

Yvela nods to Hanryu.

Lagu says to Zalinyar, "Apparently by renouncing the practice of necromancy. If the symbolism of the Knife is to be relied upon."

You nod to Lagu.

Hanryu says, "I do hope we can eventually rid the planes of her influence altogether."

Ailunae ponders.

Ailunae nods.

Zalinyar nods to Hanryu.

You say, "The sacrifice of a knife seems very important symbolism here, yes."

Lagu asks Yvela, "The one we met -- he had forgotten his name, correct? Or is it I who have forgotten it?"

Zalinyar asks, "Is there a way for any of us to help them in their task to redemption?"

You say, "On the mention of Sivroc... My notes are not very complete, but I believe if I remember the name correctly, I have another relevant vision."

Zalinyar asks, "Is that even the right word?"

Yvela says to Lagu, "I'm not sure. I didn't ask him, and haven't heard him say. I only know him by "the scholar", as people are calling him."

Lagu nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

You say, "I saw a twisted, grotesque, vaguely feminine form with three arms spread wide in challenge. Scars and burns marred her form, and her third arm terminated in a thin but razor-sharp bony claw. Two pairs of small, translucent wings crisscrossed with veins and bony protrusions sprouted from her back, occasionally twitching in agitation, and her black and cracked lips stretched over a wide maw, which she periodically unhinged to reveal three rows of needle-like teeth."

You say, "Her five gleaming yellow eyes narrowed and started directly at me, and she began to smile. The vision faded."

Lenaea quietly says, "Sivroch."

Lagu says to you, "She seems to have recovered from whatever trauma or damage she sustained in the raid."

You nod.

You say, "That vision... bodes rather less well."

Hanryu says, "Abomination."

Ailunae nibbles her lip thoughtfully.

You say, "She looks injured, but that smile makes me feel she's far from intending to go into hiding."

You say, "Let's see... There's another vision with an odd creature as well."

You say, "I blinked, and before me crouched a strange creature with six muscular arms, embracing itself and wiping its face as it wept. Brilliant silver streamed from the creature's face, glistening in flows along its muscular torso, down its legs, and pooling around its feet. As the silver pool grew, strange ripples skittered across its surface, crisscrossing in complex interference patterns."

You say, "The creature continued to weep, the pool grew and grew, and gradually, streams began branching outward and carving a pattern across an unseen surface, illuminating the landscape. The vision faded."

Rafano nods to you.

Lagu nods to you.

Yvela tilts her head to one side.

Neryndil gazes thoughtfully at you.

Hanryu ponders.

Yvela says, "I'm not familiar with any six armed beings."

Lagu says, "It's reminiscent of some of the visions seen around Hollow Eve."

You say, "It's very... distinctive, but does not particularly remind me of anything. Though I must admit to being a little out of the loop on recent events."

Rafano nods at Lagu, obviously agreeing with his views.

Lagu says to Yvela, "Eight limbs, on the other hand..."

Yvela says to Lagu, "True."

Rafano thoughtfully says to you, "There was another vision, around the time of Hollow Eve, that showed a similar six-armed creature being freed from a prison of crystal spears, I believe. But this is all based on memory."

Zalinyar asks, "Eight, five... and three?"

Zalinyar frowns.

Lagu nods at Rafano, obviously agreeing with his views.

Lagu reviews his notes.

You ponder.

Lagu says, "I have that one here."

You ask Lagu, "Would you mind sharing?"

Rafano says, "That previous vision stuck in my memory becuse the crystal spears that seemed to imprison it reminded me of Trader Magic . . . specifically Crystal Darts."

Lenaea says, "Perhaps the creature is one from the Plane of Probability."

Allye tilts her head, clearly curious about something.

Lagu recites:

"A massive figure appeared before me, frozen perfectly still between jagged crystal spears that pined it from every angle. Three pairs of muscular arms reached upward, motionlessly straining against invisible bindings, and an iron circlet affixed to the crown of the creature's head glowed with a harsh white shimmer. I found myself reaching forward, my hand irrevocably drawn to the circlet, and stepping between the jagged crystal spears, I barely grazed the strangely cool metal."

You stroke your beard in thoughtful contemplation.

Lagu says, "There was more, one moment."

Lagu reviews his notes.

Lagu recites:

"Several things happenned at once. The circlet dimmed. The crystal spears collapsed in a spray of evaporating liquid. The creature grabbed me with all six arms, covering my mouth, and unhinged its wide maw in a deafening roar of miasmatic brilliant light that left me reeling, blind and deaf. "Soon, they will return soon!" the creature's thoughts echoed in my mind, and it dropped me, and I fell, fell, and the vision faded."

Ailunae observes Lagu with fascination.

Lagu slowly empties his lungs.

You frown.

Lenaea says to Rafano, "The Light."

Ailunae leans back.

Rafano smiles captivatingly at Lenaea.

Rafano nods to Lenaea.

Zalinyar asks, "But who?"

Zalinyar asks, "Who will return?"

Zalinyar frowns.

Rafano says to Lenaea, "Pure conjecture, but I see the following: a creature imprisoned by crystal spears, implying it is imprisoned by the Arbiter. It gives a warning to you, the viewer, who is a Moon Mage, whom the Arbiter hates. So this creature is trying to warn you of something the Arbiter doesn't want you to know about."

Lagu says, "At the time I took that to be a reference to the Spider. But seeing the same creature again, after the Spider's destruction, makes me reconsider."

Lagu nods to Rafano.

Zalinyar nods to Lagu.

Lenaea says to Lagu, "Rafano likely has the right of it. That's how I've been viewing those series of visions."

Lagu nods to Lenaea.

You say, "It's certainly possible it's a being from the Plane of Probability. They can take all sorts of appearances. But that 'they' is rather vague."

Lagu says, "The silver tears and the interference patterns remind me of the silver threads that are often the visible manifestations of the threads of the Web of Fate."

Zalinyar nods to you.

Zalinyar raises her hand.

Zalinyar stands up.

You say, "I think this is probably worth digging into some research for, seeing if they are any old records of anything that looks like this being."

Zalinyar clears her throat.

You nod to Zalinyar.

Zalinyar asks, "Have there been any more visions about weaving?"

You say, "I do have one to discuss, in fact."

Zalinyar nods to you.

You say, "I heard the sounds of a busy workshop, a team of craftsmen working on looms which methodically clacked as the heddles shifted back and forth and the beater pounded the fabric. The warp appeared threaded with fine metallic thread, while the shuttles appeared wound in softly glowing fiber. As the tapestry grew, a shifting mosaic pattern emerged, pulsing with chaotic and ominous geometries. The craftsmen periodically paused and called out in alarm, pointing at a new form or remarking on a strange quirk of the piece. As the finished product gathered onto rollers, I noticed the edges crackling angrily, bending space and leaving jagged edges of reality. The craftsmen continued their work, and the vision faded."

Lagu nods.

Lagu says, "It looked a great deal like the spatial anomaly produced at the Warrior Mage tower."

Zalinyar says, "The weavers continue the work. It is not yet complete."

Zalinyar nods to Lagu.

Ailunae glances at Zalinyar.

You say, "Something to do with the web of fate is one of the first things that pops to mind, as a moon mage... But could also represent various forms of magical research."

Voranos grins.

Zalinyar sniffles.

Lagu says to you, "There was an experiment involving the weaving of threads of Aether by the warrior mages and bards."

Lenaea says, "Its appearance at this time makes me wonder whether our attempt to "thread" fate to contact Nera might have had some unintended effect."

Lagu says to you, "A spatial anomaly similar to that in the vision was the result."

Zalinyar asks Lagu, "I have not returned to the Tower for quite some time. Does the Thing still reside there?"

You say, "I'd heard something about that, but not the outcome. I know things going awry with elemental magic tend more toward the... explosive, but they do reach out to touch other planes."

Zalinyar gazes at Lagu.

Lagu says to Zalinyar, "I have not returned either, but I have heard that it shrank into nothingness within a few anlaen."

Zalinyar nods to Lagu.

Zalinyar says, "I was a bit concerned about that."

Lagu says to you, "There was created a semi-stable rift to the Plane of Aether, encapsulated within a spatial anomaly. An accidental result, I understand."

Lenaea says, "Strange, when the Warrior Mages create a planar anomaly it's business as usual, but when Moon Mages try to do it the nay-sayers gather en masse."

Zalinyar says, "Leaving a half woven thing of Aether with no guards."

Lenaea chuckles.

Rafano grins at Lenaea.

Lagu says to you, "Casualties were few."

Zalinyar gazes at Lenaea.

Lenaea says, "They did create a rather curious anomaly."

Hanryu says, "All of that was beyond what I have ever encountered in nature, but it was fascinating."

You say to Lagu, "A blessing there, at least."

Lagu nods at Hanryu, obviously agreeing with his views.

You say, "Let's see... There are several rather dramatic visions still to cover, but before those..."

Rafano says, "It is worth pointing out, for thoroughness, that although is was an Elemental Aether anomoly in nature, it was accept no objects - not even mortals bodies - except for my tessera, which is a purely Lunar magical object."

You say, "A windswept mountain stepped unfolded around me, the air chill and bone dry. Half a dozen soldiers lay on the ground, groaning as they rubbed bruised ribs or cradled dislocated shoulders, their weapons shattered around them and their armor torn from their bodies. A thin Elothean woman stood rigidly next to a muscular alfar warrior, and together they looked down at a tall man with a broad frame. A bruise was slowly blossoming across his eye, and his pauldron bore the emblem of a captain."

You say, ""Turn back. There is nothing for you here," the alfar warrior stated. "Do not return. We will always guard these mountains."

You say, "The captain stood with a groan, turned to help his soldiers, and they began limping back down the steppe. The woman and the alfar warrior watched them go, and after a long while, the alfar began to snicker as it playfully shoved at the woman. She did not yield, though the corner of her mouth betrayed the barest hint of a smile. The vision faded."

Ailunae glances at you.

Lagu ponders.

Ailunae glances at Lagu.

Rafano wryly says to Ailunae, "Your people."

Lagu thoughtfully says, "Which mountains, one wonders."

You say, "My first question would be if that sounds like an Elothean empath anyone here might be familiar with."

Ailunae quietly says to Lagu, "Atazai's vision.."

Ailunae fidgets nervously.

Lagu nods to Ailunae.

Zalinyar gently says, "My apologies, I must go. I have to judge a fashion show soon. I really would like to be kept appraise of the experiments, if there are more. I have a friend who would love to be saved."

Zalinyar curtsies.

Voranos asks, "Corik's Wall area has tall surroundings?"

Rafano nods politely to Zalinyar.

Allye giggles at Zalinyar.

Ailunae chews on her lip, looking deep in concentration.

You say, "Unfortunately, while within the vision I could recognize the captain's emblem as a sign of his rank, I wasn't able to hold onto any idea of what force that rank might be in."

Lagu says to you, "I can't say I'm acquainted with many Elothean empaths, with one extremely notable exception. But it doesn't look like her."

Ailunae glances at Lagu.

Ailunae quietly says to Lagu, "The first one Zai told me did."

Ailunae runs her fingers through her hair.

Ailunae fidgets nervously.

You ask, "It's been a while since I've spoken to Atazai. What did she have to say?"

Ailunae slowly empties her lungs.

Ailunae quietly says, "She spoke of a ..red-haired Elothean Empath in a blue robe... on a snow-washed hill... speaking to her Alfar warrior..."

You say, "That does sound relevant. I couldn't catch more details of the Elothean's appearance, but the setting sounds somewhat similar."

Lagu nods in agreement.

Ailunae says, "She told the fae that 'they' were on their way.. it sounded a lot like the pass near the gondola."

Lagu says, "It could be the Gorbesh."

Voksrig says, "My apologies, I must run as well."

Voranos raises an eyebrow in Lagu's direction.

You say, "I'll have to ask Atazai about it, the next time I see her. Thank you for bringing that up."

Lagu asks Voranos, "Nothing in the vision seemed to indicate the race of the soldiers, did it? And what other army might assail Elothean lands, but those of the empire to the south?"

Ailunae nods to you.

Ailunae softly says, "Thoughts a moment or two."

Lagu thoughtfully says, "Unless Zoluren or Forfedhdar should come against Ilithi in arms."

Hanryu says, "Ilithi has been attacked many times. Most recently from the bastards of the sands."

You say, "I wasn't able to catch specific details of their armor, weapons, or more than a very vague appearance, unfortunately."

Lagu nods in agreement.

You say, "And while that vision just ended with the soldiers being taught a bit of a lesson, the remaining visions I have to discuss tonight get more violent."

Lagu nods to you.

Lagu says to you, "And more disturbing."

You say, "A massive tree erupted from the ground, steel, stone, and fire wrapped into a triple-helix trunk that unfurled into an expansive canopy. To the east, a crackling red storm swirled into an immense tornado, slamming into the ground and opening before me, a tunnel of chaos and lightning revealing a massive slab of iron. To the north, an angled ziggurat towered into the sky, warring light and shadow rippling across its steps and altars. To the west, an endless desert, featureless save for a single pinpoint of light in the distance. A battered wasp landed on the tree's trunk and examined its surroundings before flying east. The storm raged, and after a long moment, the screaming began. The vision faded."

Lagu says, "The wasp again."

Yvela tilts her head to one side.

You nod.

You say, "The vision gives a few points of reference, but the space involved seems vast. The ziggurat in the north could well be in Su Helmas, though."

Rafano nods in agreement.

Lagu says to you, "The triple helix of the trunk speaks of some sort of synergy, but what I don't know if I can speculate."

Yvela says, "The wasp, I believe, dates back to a vision granted to a group of temple-goers back when options were being considered against Maelshyve."

Lagu nods at Yvela, obviously agreeing with her views.

You nod to Yvela.

Hanryu says, "Or the corrupted temple in the swamps of Therengia."

You say, "With a ziggurat to the north and a desert to the west, this could well be pointing to somewhere in Therengia."

Lenaea gnaws on her lip.

You say, "I'm not sure about the massive slab of iron."

Lenaea says, "I must depart as well. I do hope you'll discuss the vision pointing toward the Tribes."

Lagu says, "A seal, perhaps. Or an altar."

Lenaea nods to you.

Yvela says, "In that vision I believe the wasp was meant to be a necromancer, or necromancers in general. It has appeared again a few times, I think? Appearing to be rather.. pentient. And now it flies willingly into the Red Spiral."

Lagu tips his hat to Lenaea with a courteous nod.

Lagu blinks at Yvela.

Lagu says to Yvela, "The... yes, that could be."

You say to Lenaea, "I've heard of that one, but I've not actually seen it myself."

Lagu ponders.

Lenaea winces.

Lenaea says, "Alas. Perhaps another moon mage can recite it."

Lenaea waves.

Lagu says, "The wasp generally does symbolize necromancers, as I recall. The Red Spiral, that's an angle I'd not considered."

You say to Yvela, "Yes, there has been some speculation about the recurring wasp in visions having some relation to necromancers."

Yvela nods.

You say, "The Red Spiral... Yes, that is an interesting thought."

Rafano nods.

Hanryu says, "A good many wasp species are parasitic."

Hanryu says, "Feeding on the life force of other creatures to reproduce and survive."

Ailunae nods to Hanryu.

Lagu says, "And others are most industrious. Collaborating on great projects beyond the reach of an individual."

Ailunae smiles at Lagu, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

Lagu says, "All, of course, sting."

Ailunae grins wryly.

Yvela says, "As for the ziggurat and the desert.. The vision may be representiong the choice of paths the wasp can take. The temple-like structure of warring light and shadow may be to worship demons."

Lagu frowns thoughtfully, nodding slowly.

Yvela says, "And the desert.. well. To take a harrowing journey in pursuit on a distant hope."

Lagu says to Yvela, "A cusp may be approaching for the Philosophers, and others."

Ailunae asks Lagu, "How often do ye consider visions in the literal sense?"

Ailunae leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Yvela asks Lagu, "Perhaps. But we see that this wasp, in particular, chooses to repent in the spiral. Maybe it's the scholar?"

Lagu says to Ailunae, "Identifiable individuals are often a sign that the vision is to be taken literally, but not symbolically."

You say, "There are some that can be pretty literal. Although with things like trees of steel, stone and fire I tend to err toward those types of visions being heavily symbolic."

Lagu nods in agreement.

Ailunae says, "If I were one unaccustomed to visions... I would see a pyramid structure, a desert, light and shadow, and a wasp to point in one direction."

You say, "And in the end, the wasp went east... into the storm."

Ailunae ponders.

Ailunae asks, "This vision... it spoke of all four corners, did it not?"

Lagu says, "Another possibility, based on direction. There is an island of basalt in the east."

You feel a deep chill in the air as the world melts away around you and all you see is a massive dragon soaring high above the clouds, bits of ice and frost shedding from its body with every mighty wing stroke forward. One of the errant shards begins to dance hypnotically through the air, spinning, twisting, and twirling upon a wild course as it falls toward the ground below. You wince and shield your face just as the shard of frost is about to pierce your eye, and a feminine laughter rings in your ears! You finally open your eyes to find that the vision has faded and the world returns to what it was before.

Ailunae blinks.

You shake your head.

Yvela blinks.

Lagu wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Neryndil slowly empties his lungs.

Ailunae glances at Neryndil.

You say, "I gather I was not the only one who saw that."

Lagu says to you, "You were not."

Neryndil nods.

Ailunae says, "The mages are speaking.."

Rafano slowly asks, "I saw nothing. What did you see?"

Lagu says, "A dragon, a shard. Feminine laughter."

You say, "You feel a deep chill in the air as the world melts away around you and all you see is a massive dragon soaring high above the clouds, bits of ice and frost shedding from its body with every mighty wing stroke forward. One of the errant shards begins to dance hypnotically through the air, spinning, twisting, and twirling upon a wild course as it falls toward the ground below. You wince and shield your face just as the shard of frost is about to pierce your eye, and a feminine laughter rings in your ears! You finally open your eyes to find that the vision has faded and the world returns to what it was before."

Rafano nods to you.

Lagu says to you, "It seemed to hit you hardest."

Rafano nods at Lagu, obviously agreeing with his views.

Ailunae nods to Lagu.

Ailunae says, "A dragon..."

You say to Lagu, "Oh? It did occupy my attention rather well, so I didn't notice anyone elses's reaction."

Lagu says to you, "You cried out and covered your face, as though involuntarily."

Ailunae nods to Lagu.

You say, "Well... I think I'm okay now, at least."

Lagu says, "A shard of frost. Feminine laughter. A dragon..."

Ailunae quietly says to Lagu, "That thing... its screeching in my ears."

Rafano thoughtfully says to Lagu, "The frost theme . . . could be elemental in nature . . . then again much of my Starlight magic chills an enemy as well."

You say, "Well... There's certainly a dragon around, though it hasn't been seen for some time now."

Rafano curiously asks, "Oh . . . wait a moment . . . isn't there a dragon frozen in ice? In beiswrums near Crossing? I used to see it when I hunted there. Do we think that has any relevance here?"

Ailunae blinks.

Ailunae glances at Rafano.

Lagu gazes thoughtfully at Rafano.

Ailunae slowly asks, "Feminine laughter... ice breaking... dragon... could She be freeing it?"

Ailunae cocks her head at Rafano.

Rafano slowly says, "It's been so long since I was there . . . but I could have sworn I remember that being there."

You say, "I recall there being something down there, at least."

Hanryu says, "More a wyrm than a dragon. I mean as far as we're being pedantic about these things."

Rafano nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

Rafano wryly says, "We could always go investigate."

Rafano grins.

Rafano slowly asks, "No takers?"

Ailunae grins at Rafano, her dimples flashing into view.

Ailunae says, "If the vision was meant literal... a sweep might be wise."

Ailunae nods to Rafano.

Rafano nods at Ailunae, obviously agreeing with her views.

You say, "Sorry, distracted a bit. I think it would probably be worth at least checking on."

Rafano says to Ailunae, "At the very least, it would rule out branch probabilities."

Rafano eagerly says, "Excellent."

Rafano rubs his hands together.

You say, "I do have two more visions to discuss, though. I'll try to be brief."

You say, "Everything flickered, the fabric of reality rent, and a howling wind spattered hot, fetid blood across my face. A towering wall appeared before me and erupted into a mass of screaming multi-limbed bodies, skittering with wing and claw. The tide of forms rushed forward in throes of rage, and a massive figure in golden plate shoved me back. The wind plinked against his armor, sending sparks as rock and shard bounced off breastplate and helm. The figure stood tall, fearless, focused, and I caught a glimpse of his face, eyes closed, a half smirk gracing scarred lips."

You say, "As he turned to the onslaught, he slammed his broadsword against his tower shield in challenge, roaring in fury. Swinging a rainbowed arc of radiant light as he ran ahead, he showed no mercy as he practiced his craft, carving a vicious arc of smoke and shattered glass. As the figure danced behind shield and blade, he began to glow with luminescent white light. The vision faded."

You say, "This one is interesting, in that I have heard that other seers have seen a female figure."

Lagu ponders.

Lagu says to you, "Female seers, perhaps? I saw a male figure as well."

You say, "That could be the case. There have been instances of visions reflecting something of the seer in that fashion."

Ailunae softly says, "I know someone who wears golden plate like that..."

Lagu says to Ailunae, "The variance in the vision... seems to point at a symbolic rather than a literal interpretation. To my mind, anyhow."

Ailunae ponders.

You say, "Just about everything about the figure screams paladin to me, though what exactly that might mean, I'm not sure."

Ailunae says to Lagu, "The description of the person... the fight, etcetera... it is very familiar to me."

Lagu says, "If you'll all excuse me a moment. Need to go help a friend."

You ask Ailunae, "Oh?"

Ailunae says, "The very moment in fact."

Ailunae nods to you.

Ailunae asks you, "Are ye famililar with a paladin knight named Tankata Mason?"

Lagu says, "Or I would, if he were in range. Which I thought he was."

Lagu sighs.

You say, "The name sounds a bit familiar."

You ponder.

Rafano quietly says to Lagu, "Dantia is going to help him. Among others, probably."

Lagu nods to Rafano.

Ailunae says, "He spends a lot of time down here in Ilithi. He is of the Dragon Shield. Very powerful man."

Rafano nods at Ailunae, obviously agreeing with her views.

Rafano grins at Lagu.

Ailunae says, "Ive hunted and raided and fought beside him many times... that vision, was like a recollection."

You say to Ailunae, "Might be worth mentioning it to him, then."

Ailunae nods to you.

You say, "And then... there was another battle vision."

Lagu nods to you.

You exclaim, "A battle raged all around me, the clash of steel and magic tearing flesh and rending the sky. Blood soaked the mud, and the screams of the wounded mixed freely with the howls of the frenzied. A phalanx of wardens standing shoulder to shoulder leaned into their tower shields, grimacing against a river of fire and shadow that broke against their barrier. Initially deflected by the shield wall, glowing fragments of sparking metal traced flaming arcs in the air. One by one, the wardens' shields failed, and they were incinerated, flashes of outlined skeletons disintegrating to ash. I crouched in their wake next to a crystalline globe filled with a murky fluid, wrapped in wire and connected to a series of conduits. One of the wardens looked back at me, wide eyed, and screamed "Now! Do it now!"

You say, "I realized I was holding a small, crackling piece of metal, which I slammed into the globe."

You say, "The globe erupted in uncoiling energies and no-color, and the vision faded."

Ailunae blinks.

Ailunae observes you with fascination.

You say, "Whatever the device was, it doesn't bring many ideas to my mind."

Lagu says, "Nor to mine."

Ailunae says, "No... no that does sound familiar actually."

Lagu cocks his head at Ailunae.

Rafano says to you, "The attack sounds like Warrior Mage Blackfire . . . references to shadow, fire, disintegration of the bodies afterwards."

You nod to Rafano.

Ailunae softly says, "I'm serious... I've seen that. And Rafano is right.. that does sound like Blackfire."

You say, "It's hard for me to say for certain if it was fire and shadow together, or... shadowy fire."

Rafano smiles at Ailunae.

Hanryu says, "Been a long time since I heard of any practitioners using that unnatural fire."

You say, "If it is blackfire, I can see why there might be a desperate reliance on some magical device."

A shiver runs up your spine.

Lagu asks, "I wasn't present for the assault on Maelshyve, but I understand some sort of device was involved. Is this one reminiscent of the ones used for that purpose?"

Rafano distractedly says, "If anyone is interested, a friend just investigated my theory of the frozen creature in beisswurms . . . it is indeed still there. Though it doesn't mean the vision didn't speak of something to come in the future."

Lagu nods to Rafano.

You nod to Rafano.

You say to Rafano, "Until something clear presents itself, might be worth checking for any forming of cracks, or melting."

Ailunae ponders.

Rafano nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

Ailunae quietly says, "Hollows Eve... I saw something like it at Hollows Eve, Lagu."

Ailunae glances at Lagu.

Ailunae nods to Rafano.

Lagu ponders.

Lagu says to Ailunae, "Could you go into more detail, love? As you know I didn't attend the festival."

You say to Lagu, "Oh, and Osven's device was formed of nested rings and a central sphere of cambrinth, so a bit different than what I saw here."

Ailunae ponders.

Lagu says, "Ah."

Lagu nods to you.

Ailunae says, "It was a gaethzen globe... wrapped in some kind of wire."

You ponder.

You say, "Oh, and I should also at least mention the vision Lenaea was referring to, though I have not actually seen it myself."

Lagu nods to you.

Lagu says to you, "I don't think I have either."

Rafano quietly asks Lagu, "Just curious, was the one with the child and warriors in the tent already discussed?"

You say, "It was a vision of enormous warriors in a tent, gathered around a smoldering file. Wearing paint and animal pelts and carrying weapons. They were arguing in some foreign tongue, gesturing with threats and spitting into the fire, while heavy rain could be heard outside. Then a child walked in wearing nothing but a hige loincloth, with a thin body and bloodied knuckles. He helds up a hand and the warriors fell silent. He began to tell the warriors a tale, and that's where the vision ended."

You clear your throat.

You say, "A hide loincloth, sorry."

Rafano laughingly says to Lagu, "Oh, there it is, nevermind."

You say, "At least, I think that's what she was referring to."

Lagu flashes a quick grin at Rafano.

Lagu says, "There have been several visions in the past few years concerning a child. A precocious child."

Rafano nods to Lagu.

You say, "Lenaea and Aaoskar, among others, have been making some attempts to cause an event in the Web of Fate that Nera would have been able to see in the past, and arrange to then contact us now. And it's possible there might be some relation here to the Nomads of old, so I believe that is the point of interest there."

Rafano says to Lagu, "There are a number of your recent visions where I believe the child has been symbolic of Traders, although I admit that I fail to find that specific connection in this particular vision."

Ailunae observes you with fascination.

Ailunae ponders.

You say, "And if that idea sounds hard to understand, don't worry too much about it. Moon mage stuff."

You grin.

Lagu blinks at Rafano.

Lagu says to Rafano, "That... makes a great deal of sense."

Rafano nods to Lagu.

Rafano says to Lagu, "Glad you agree. I do feel pretty strongly about that theory, I will admit."

Ailunae ponders.

You say, "And on the note of the Nomads... I believe a specific date has not yet been scheduled, but Aaoskar and Lenaea are trying to arrange an attempt to make use of Nomad dance and meditation techniques for the sake of clearing the mind, and opening the practitioner up to potential contact from Nera, or ancestor spirits, or... something. With the idea of bypassing the conscious mind and the effect it has on the Plane of Probability."

You say, "I'm not sure what the results will be, but it does sound interesting."

Lagu nods to you.

Hanryu says, "My time in the city draws to a close. Safe paths everyone."

You say to Hanryu, "I've had enough frights already, thanks."

Rafano politely says to you, "If I may follow that with a quick pitch . . ."

You say to Hanryu, "Thanks for coming by."

You nod to Rafano.

Rafano says, "In almost exactly three Elanthian months - 30 Elvish days, if you will - I will also be hosting a Lunar experiment. It will actually explore some of the themes we've discussed here tonight. Although focused on Trader magic, fellow Lunar researchers such as yourselves are obviously highly encouraged to attend."

Ailunae ponders.

Lagu nods to Rafano.

You say, "As long as there's no attempts to involve the Plane of Probability, I would definitely be interested."

Rafano nods to you.

Rafano firmly says to you, "There will not be. We are forbidden by the Contract . . . and I'm no Dehvra."

Lagu says to Rafano, "I'll make a point of being present. And I'll try to keep Grazhir's influence to a dull roar."

Rafano bows to Lagu.

You nod to Rafano.

You say, "And with that, we've covered all I have. If there's anything else anyone would like to bring up or ask, feel free."

Rafano eagerly says to Lagu, "I look forward to seeing you there. Your perspective and expertise will be a very welcome addition."

Lagu reviews his notes.

You say, "I'm going to be attempting to get these meetings occurring on a more regular basis again, as well."

Rafano gratefully says to you, "Thank you for hosting."

Yvela says, "Good day, all. Thank you for hosting, seer."

Ailunae softly says to Rafano, "My love to Dantia.."

Elizzibiana slowly says, "Yes, most interesting info."

Mewawl says, "Thank you."

Rafano pleasantly says to Ailunae, "I'll be sure to pass that on."

You say, "Thank you all for coming, and enjoy the day."

The Human townsperson says, "My thanks for allowing me to watch."

You nod politely to a Human townsperson.

You say, "Of course."