Visions Discussion Meeting 08/14/2018 11:20 AM CDT
Hey folks! It's been a while since the last one, but I've got a new vision discussion meeting up on the calendar. 9pm EST on Thursday, August 23rd in the aviary at the top of the Great Tower in Shard. There are a few new recent visions to talk about, so feel free to stop by and share your thoughts!

- Miskton
Re: Visions Discussion Meeting - Log 08/25/2018 05:59 PM CDT
Here's a log of the recent vision discussion meeting. Ended up running longer than anticipated, but there really was a lot to cover!

- Miskton

You say, "Okay. I haven't heard anything from any stragglers indicating they're on their way, so I think we can get started. Certainly plenty to go over, so no sense waiting around."

You turn a page in your astronomer's journal.

You say, "So, thank you all for coming. Of late there has been quite a bit of movement in the web of fate. My intention is to cover the visions that I have seen since the last of the formal meetings to discuss such things up in Theren, though we can go back to some of the older ones, if time permits."

You say, "And in fact I will reference back to one of them, just because I think it might be relevant."

You gaze at Totenus.

Mazrian folds his arms across his chest.

Whiteburn fixes Totenus with a cold, reptilian stare.

Whiteburn says to Totenus, "You have lost your way."

Totenus smiles at Whiteburn.

Totenus says, "Little one I've never lost my way, my feet find the place where I want to go."

Whiteburn flicks her tongue rapidly twice at Totenus before uttering a mocking hiss!

You say, "Would not be the first person of ill repute to watch in on one of these meetings, but I'm afraid I can't condone this."

Totenus raises an eyebrow.

Whiteburn says to Totenus, "I believe that Miskton spoke clearly enough, foulness."

Totenus says, "Condone what? I've not done anything outrageous I'm here to listen."

Whiteburn stands near Mazrian.

Totenus laughs!

You say to Totenus, "I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave. If you do have interest in the topic, there will be a public distribution of notes later. But your presence itself is disruptive."

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity immediately gives Totenus a wide berth!

Totenus sighs.

You gaze upward.

Totenus shakes his head.

Mazrian says, "Yeah, they have no sense of humor at all."

Mazrian asks Totenus, "I would probably take that seriously, but your call?"

Totenus says, "It seems that even when I do help, you frown upon me, those of your kind happen to cause havok and I'm hear to watch."

Totenus says, "But continue on believing in your fanatic ways or pure insanity."

Alchemist Totenus drifts south.

Mazrian says, "Well, that happened."

Angel says to you, "I am sorry to walk in late. I do not mean to be disruptive with my tardiness."

You say to Angel, "Oh, I don't think you need to worry about being a disruption, under the circumstances."

You chuckle.

Whiteburn dryly says, "You were hardly disruptive compared to some."

Xixist says, "Yer timing was impecable."

Angel says to Whiteburn, "Mother Whiteburn, tis always a pleasure."

Whiteburn gives a slight nod.

Mazrian says to Angel, "If you're going to do a thing you might as well commit."

You clear your throat.

You say, "Anyway..."

You say, "The first of the new visions I have recently experienced..."

You say, "I felt a blast of heat and wiped my already sweating brow. Before me, a large crucible filled with molten metal sat nestled in the coals of a blazing furnace. I leaned heavily on a large foot-powered bellows, directing an intense gout of air into the bed of coals, causing the flames to roar and crackle. With a pair of tongs, I grasped the crucible and prepared to lift it, when suddenly it exploded, and blobs of bright yellow metal seared my flesh. I screamed in agony and the vision faded."

Mazrian says, "That sounds fairly ominous."

Xixist says, "Thats alchemy."

You say, "An experience a few unlucky smiths have had before, I imagine. But yes."

Xixist chortles softly at some secret joke.

Hanryu says, "I've been forging all day so I'm glad that didn't happen to me."

You say, "By itself, an unfortunate seeming event, but there's a slightly older vision that it made me think of."

Angel asks Tirost, "So pretty in the Tower Aviary, isn't it though?"

Mazrian nods to you.

You say, "Reality rippled like the surface of a disturbed pond, and as it settled I found myself seated at a workbench covered in bolts of fine silk and tailor's tools. Three dresses hung upon wire mannequins behind me, and I glanced back for a moment to admire them: the first a dingy rag of flat grey cotton, next a shimmering display of silken crystalline light, and the last a nebulous mass of velvet buoyed by an unseen breeze. I turned back to my work in progress upon the table and began to whistle a quiet but complex melody. Before I could sound my final note, something from behind suddenly wrapped around my neck, squeezing tightly. My tune halted abruptly and my heart beat fast as I struggled to catch a breath and the world faded to black."

Mazrian says, "Sounds like a bad time to be an artisan."

Tirost ponders.

You say, "There's already been various thoughts tossed about over the meaning of the dresses... but with the two visions together, I wonder if someone is perhaps seeking to harm artisans."

Angel says, "That's the Vision we were discussing at the meetings I led in Theren. The conclusion seems to be felt as 3 provinces, 3 leaders."

Hanryu says, "Zachriedek's curse is on those craftsmen for sure."

Whiteburn says to Hanryu, "It would seem so."

Angel says, "But I agree, the two together seem to fit in some way. As creating anyways."

Mazrian gives Whiteburn a wry grin.

Xixist asks, "So ... forgers and outfitters?"

Kehlbins quietly says, "Maybe the other crafts falling by the wayside when enchanting takes it's rightful place as master of all crafts..."

Eyuve says, "Light and thought woven into fabric and metal."

Tirost grins at Kehlbins.

Angel says to Kehlbins, "That's a good interpretation."

Angel smiles at Kehlbins.

Mazrian says to Eyuve, "Each spectacularly destroying its creator."

Angel gives a slight nod.

You ponder.

Eyuve says, "The dresses did not do the destroying."

Xixist tugs at the tip of his beard distractedly.

Qiyan scowls.

You ask, "It does also occur to me that there was no way to tell in the vision what exactly was wrapped around my neck. It could have been some of the tailor's cloth. Perhaps not important, but who knows?"

Mazrian says, "It would fit the theme, if there is a theme."

Mazrian nods to you.

You say, "My assumption was initially a garotte from behind, but perhaps not."

Eyuve asks, "The dress, ensouled?"

Mazrian says, "A stitch gone critically wrong."

You say, "Perhaps just a killer making use of a tool at hand."

Whiteburn says, "It is not to be discounted."

Xixist says, "So vague."

Tirost nods to you.

Whiteburn says, "Either interpretation may well be valid."

Qiyan asks Whiteburn, "Don't one seem kinda righter than the other?"

Whiteburn asks Qiyan, "Which do you imagine is in the right?"

Eyuve cocks her head.

Mazrian dryly says to you, ""The irritating but very consistent thing about prophecy seems to be it can only be interpreted in hindsight."

Qiyan says, "I ain't hardly one to trust my right knowingness! That's what you do."

Hanryu says to Mazrian, "But the satisfaction of `I told you so!` is always great."

Tirost chuckles.

Angel chuckles.

Qiyan grins at Hanryu.

(Miskton looks a bit distracted for a moment, rubbing at his temple with a soft sigh.)

Xixist asks, "Has the theory of the three provences as the manaquins been defricked?"

Whiteburn says to Qiyan, "Do not doubt your intuition so."

You mutter to yourself.

You clear your throat.

You exclaim, "Anyway!"

Mazrian asks, "Issues?"

You say, "Nothing of importance."

You say, "Anyway, the next vision."

Xixist says, "Oh good."

You say, "I felt a chill winter wind. A moonless sky provided the faintest of illumination and the snow crunched beneath me. The outlines of vast trees swayed violently, their bare branches grasping. Directly in front of me stood a Prydaen child, naked and tinged with frost. The child reached for me and began to scream, and the vision faded."

You say, "Something to do with Asketi is the first thing that comes to mind for me, with this."

Tirost frowns.

Mazrian says, "Chill winter wind, sort of fits."

Tirost nods to Mazrian.

Whiteburn says, "Hm. I might be inclined to agree. However..."

Xixist says, "I see winter in the Reach at the hub."

Hanryu says, "Frost tinged child sized bodies tend not to be very alive."

Mazrian nods to Whiteburn.

You say, "Whether a scream of pain, fear, anger or what, I'm not sure..."

Hanryu says, "Either way, better start a fire."

Hanryu smirks.

Xixist says, "Prydaens always got a coat on."

Whiteburn says, "The, hmm... state of the young Prydaen seems suspect."

Hanryu exclaims to Xixist, "Fair enough!"

Angel says, "Aye a "naked Prydean" seems like an odd statement."

Xixist says, "That tells me whats coming is coming soon ... in winter."

Xixist says, "Corse Im no mage."

You say, "Even a Prydaen can benefit from some warm clothing on a very chill winter night. Well, I imagine. I don't know just how warm their fur actually is."

You say, "But to actually be tinged with frost, I would think the child might either be dead, or coming close to being so."

Qiyan says, "From what I learnt, prydaens don't actually grow a winter coat... ya know the insulated fur like most animals."

Qiyan says, "They hae to rely on other means to warm their bodies."

Qiyan nods.

Xixist says, "Lasses."

Xixist grins.

Mazrian asks, "Fire and blankets?"

Tirost says, "It would certainly be odd for a young Prydaen to be alone - their community is very tightly knit from what I understand."

Whiteburn glances at Tirost.

Xixist nods at Tirost, obviously agreeing with his views.

Whiteburn curtly says, "A fair point."

Mazrian says, "The Ride resolved itself, anyway. It's s even months at least until the next."

Angel says to Tirost, "With that said, it almost sounds like a lure to a trap."

You say, "The scream didn't strike me as being distinctly like something one might hear from a banshee, at least."

Xixist says, "If that is of the hub we are all in trouble."

Tirost frowns thoughtfully.

Whiteburn says, "I do not believe that this is a premonition regarding the Ride. I would not wish to discount the notion that Mistress Asketi could indeed have had a hand in the vision's meaning. However, it appears to me that the child is the direct focus, not Asketi's Winter."

You nod.

Qiyan says, "Innocence."

You say, "It could well be that it would be good for the folks at Sunfall Hub to keep their eyes open next winter."

Qiyan says, "Innocence is about to be shattered."

Qiyan says, "A revelation."

Tirost nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

Whiteburn observes Qiyan with fascination.

You stroke your beard in thoughtful contemplation.

Xixist says, "Ill begin patrols to there."

Xixist says, "I might add here.."

You say, "A shame I couldn't get more of an impression as to why the child was screaming. That could change the meaning considerably."

Angel nods in agreement.

Xixist says, "The rebels have been searching about that part of the NTR."

Whiteburn says to you, "A cry for help... or perhaps the cry of a mindless husk? A body controlled by fell means."

Xixist says, "So ya know."

You say, "The next vision..."

Xixist nods to you.

You say, "My vision faded and I found myself in a dark room filled with cigar smoke. A simple round table sat five figures, who appeared to be playing cards, though I did not recognize the shape of the game they seemed to be playing or any of the cards they were using. Each time one of the figures made a play, the group passionately but affably argued the move and softly glowing marbles changed hands. One of the figures placed three cards on the table, took different cards into their hand, laughed uproariously, and placed their whole hand on the table. The rest of the group began to howl and pound the table, and the winner gathered the cards and began to shuffle again. While the rest of the group lit fresh cigars, the winner looked directly at me and winked."

Xixist ponders.

You say, "The unclear figures, a game I could not understand, and the glowing marbles as wagers made me think it might be an interpretation of something some of the Immortals are up to."

Qiyan exclaims, "That's where all my collector cards have gone!"

Tirost grins at Qiyan.

You say, "Not that they are necessarily playing literal card games, of course. Though I suppose some of the might indeed be interested in that."

You ponder.

Xixist says, "I must say it 'could' be the orcs."

Angel says, "Aye the marbles being mentioned afore as well in another vision. And seemingly does not fit into this Vision."

Qiyan asks you, "Did ya get a peek at any of the cards?"

You say, "I was unable to recall the details of the cards, just the sense of not recognizing any of them."

Mazrian says to Qiyan, "They might be some you don't have."

Mazrian flashes a quick grin.

Qiyan grumbles.

Xixist says, "If only they had spoke."

Whiteburn mildly says, "I would believe that Lord Zachriedek takes no small amount of pleasure from guiding the hands of gamblers now and again."

You say, "They seemed to, but it was some complicated argument about the rules of the game that I found myself unable to follow."

Tirost asks you, "You said you saw five figures, right?"

You nod.

Tirost asks, "Could that number be significant?"

Hanryu says, "Of course 5 leaders playing strange games with odd cards... forgive me if I'm reminded of the moon mage guild."

Whiteburn says to Hanryu, "Interesting."

You say, "Numbers in visions often do have some significance, yes."

Xixist ponders.

You say, "I'd think I would have been able to recognize if they were using Tokka cards or the like. Though hard to be certain, with visions."

Hanryu nods.

Angel says, "The Moon Mage Council had many more members though. More towards thirteen I think."

Hanryu says to Angel, "Ah, ok. I'm only familiar with the leaders that staff the guild halls."

You say, "I think someone brought up the idea of the five provinces, at one point. Though I'm not sure I could see all of the leaders smoking cigars..."

You gaze off into the distance blankly.

Angel says, "I do think the amount of Visions recently with the mention of children is concerning."

The tip of Whiteburn's tail makes lazy circles in the air.

Whiteburn nods to you.

Xixist says, "They sounded like orcs to me."

Whiteburn says to you, "That may well be a goodly interpretation."

You say, "I wonder if an orc would have enough of a sense of humor to wink at me."

Hanryu teasingly says to Xixist, "To be fair, everything sounds like orcs to you."

Xixist nods in agreement.

Xixist makes a disgusting grunting noise.

Tirost chuckles.

You say, "Let's see... the next couple of visions seem unusually mundane, and I'm not sure what to make of them."

You say, "Blades of grass towered overhead, emerald arcs across the bright cloudless sky. The drying corpse of a beetle lay on its side, its limbs gently crossed in death. A faint line marred the abdominal portion of the beetle's carapace."

Qiyan frowns.

You say, "Though certainly an interesting perspective, from such a tiny viewpoint."

Angel says, "There were the two of them of the nothingness and being alone."

Qiyan says, "Well it ain't natural fer beetles to pose themselves as such in death."

You say, "I'm not sure what would be so important about a particular beetle, but that line on it seems like it might be the point of interest."

Qiyan says, "That poor beetle had been tinkered with."

You nod to Angel.

You say to Angel, "Yes, those were some unpleasant ones..."

Angel says to you, "And the mention of bugs in a couple. There is a theme of bugs, children and darkess."

Xixist asks, "Could it be something of Harawep?"

Tirost gazes thoughtfully at Angel.

Mazrian nods to Whiteburn.

You say, "Being such a faint line, if it's a wound I would think it would have to be made with a very sharp tool, to cause so little damage to something so small."

Hanryu says, "Or a spell."

Tirost nods.

Mazrian says, "Or a very small tool."

You nod.

Tirost rubs his right hand.

Mazrian says, "Perhaps the wound had healed."

Hanryu says, "Ranger magic is a bit more coarse that that, but I've seen some very prcise target magic work from other guilds."

Whiteburn says, "Such attention being paid to an insect is curious."

Qiyan says, "Scalpel."

Angel asks you, "I think many of the recent Visions seem morbid and dark. Moreso than before. Do you feel the same?"

Qiyan says, "Such is used in surgical procedures all the time."

You say, "There are certainly people who examine or collect insects, but in those cases it wouldn't likely be left off in the grass."

Xixist says, "A parasite escape route."

Xixist says, "Just a barbaric thought."

You say, "The next vision is also fairly mundane, though perhaps with just barely enough identifying features to be tracked down."

You say, "A gravel walkway wound toward a large manor, the front door slightly ajar. A gentle breeze began to stir, and the door slowly swung open, revealing an elegant foyer. At the center of the room a tall vase of frosted crystal sat atop a polished oak table. Artfully arranged within the vase, I saw a splash of lily, honeysuckle, and snapdragons. The door suddenly slammed shut, and the vision faded."

Mazrian asks, "Is that arrangement iconic or anything?"

Hanryu ponders.

You say, "Not that I'm aware of, but it perhaps could be."

Hanryu says, "That was my thought. I know some cultures have a whole 'languge of flowers'."

Whiteburn mutters something into the air about lily.

Xixist asks, "Are the flowers provences?"

You say, "The setting might be noticeable, though. There are only so many manor houses, and only so many of those that will have a foyer centered around a crystal vase."

You say, "But even if the location could be identified, I'm unsure what the importance of the vision is."

Xixist says, "Too vague."

You say, "The next vision is also a bit mundane, though with a little more excitement."

You say, "Before me sprawled a market, each stall festooned with brilliantly dyed fabrics, sheets of wool and linen and cotton snapping in the gentle breeze. The loud din of lively barter blended each conversation together, and I found myself hungry as the wind shifted, bringing the scent of roasting meat from a nearby stall. Suddenly, I felt a tug at my side, and looked down in time to see a child snatching their hand from my pocket and dashing for an alley, a fistful of coin held tightly. Before I could shout for help, the vision faded."

You say, "Would not be the first time that has happened to me, either."

Hanryu chuckles.

Tirost grins.

Qiyan grins.

You say, "Nothing struck me as particularly unusual about the scene, though."

Hanryu asks you, "Visions or just memories?"

Hanryu grins wryly.

You chuckle.

Xixist exclaims, "A fest is coming!"

Xixist does a happy little dance!

Xixist grins.

Hanryu chuckles.

Hanryu says, "Sounds like a reasonable interpretation."

You say, "I learned my lesson not to keep money on hand while waiting for the gates to open the Guild Fest."

You grin wryly.

Whiteburn says to Xixist, "You seem quite confident in your auguries."

Xixist grins.

Angel nods to Xixist.

Xixist says, "Ive heard of so many .. more than most moonies."

Angel says, "Again the child."

Xixist grins.

Tirost nods to Angel.

Tirost says, "Fabric as well."

Angel nods.

Hanryu says, "And another vision of loss. Though less dramatic than the murder ones."

You say, "Fewer distinguishing features about this child than some of those in other visions, but yes."

Whiteburn says, "If that is the way she acts when the sun smiles, perhaps it is only fitting that the child taste the bite of Winter."

Xixist ponders.

Qiyan says to Whiteburn, "Like losin innocence."

Qiyan nods.

Whiteburn nods to Qiyan.

Hanryu cocks his head.

You say, "Let's see... On that note, I suppose let's move on to another vision featuring a child."

You say, "I found myself watching a small child at play with a wooden figure. It was clear from her grin that she cherished the toy, but she moved with the clumsy hands of youth and lost her grip. The figure tumbled to the hard cobblestone and with a loud crack, lost a limb."

You say, "The child, in the throes of distress, failed to notice the tall woman wrapped in heavy robes who stepped out of the shadows. With a startled jump, the girl's crying halted and a muscled and leathery arm reached past her to pluck up the broken figure. Slender figures expertly worked the doll, turning and twisting, mending the broken toy, as the girl's fear quickly turned to wonder."

Xixist says, "This kid is famous."

Angel chuckles.

You say, "In a moment the doll was restored and back in the little girl's small hands. The girl beamed with joy and looked up at the tall woman's face, only to find the lower half covered in a thick veil. The girl looked confused for a moment, though the woman's purple eyes quickly conveyed a kind smile, and the vision faded."

You say, "Though the focus of the importance in this one is perhaps on the mysterious woman."

You say, "A tall, muscular woman with leathery skin, purple eyes, wrapped in robes and wearing a veil over the lower half of her face."

Angel says, "Sounds disturbing."

Whiteburn asks, "But what of the kind eyes?"

Tirost says, "And the color..."

Xixist says, "It ends up being a good vision."

Whiteburn asks, "Does it?"

You say, "I'm not sure if fixing the toy was simply a matter of a jointed limb which had been knocked free, or if the woman managed to somehow actually implement some sort of repair so swiftly."

Qiyan says, "No."

Qiyan shakes her head.

Xixist says, "Tinkering."

Qiyan says, "It ain't natural."

Whiteburn says, "I am inclined to agree with Qiyan."

Qiyan nods to Whiteburn.

You say, "The noise did seem like something was actually broken."

Qiyan says, "That doll was prolly tinkered into being a killer doll... so que the vision with the screamin prydaen child."

Qiyan nods.

You ponder.

Xixist smiles.

You say, "A possibility, though she did seem nice enough."

Whiteburn says, "Things are seldom as they seem."

Angel nods to Whiteburn.

You say, "I'd suggest keeping an eye out for a woman of that description. She didn't seem to be a threat, but if she's appearing in a vision she's likely to be of some importance."

Tirost nods to you.

You say, "Let's see... I suppose maybe it's time to turn to some of the more... unpleasant recent visions."

Qiyan blinks.

Qiyan asks, "There's worse?"

Angel shudders.

Angel nods to Qiyan.

Angel sighs.

Tirost lets out a long, contemplative breath.

You say, "I felt the gentle pressure of tickling taps scuttling up my forearm followed by soft feathery caresses brushing against my skin. Slowly folding and unfolding its enormous wings, the huge moth seemed content to relax on my arm. I noticed the muted pattern of burgundy, azure and silver shift from sharp geometric shapes to vibrant, dreamlike colors in tumultuous array."

You say, "As the pattern mutated once more into grey scale, within the ashen hues spotted with white I noticed the skull on its wing and I felt an excruciating pain from where the insect landed. The moth's head bent backward at an awkward, serpentine angle and screeched loudly, revealing rows of razor sharp teeth. My vision bled back to the present but left me with the sensation that my soul had been weakened."

Angel says, "Lot's of death and darkness."

Whiteburn shivers.

Tirost frowns.

You say, "Tri-color geometric patterns are often a hallmark of lunar magic, but the colors are a bit off for that."

Hanryu says, "Umbral moths are vicious beasts."

Hanryu says, "Though they tend to be larger than can land on your arm."

Angel asks, "Fire, water and aether?"

Angel says, "Tumultuous array sounds like spell casting almost."

Whiteburn thoughtfully says to Hanryu, "Indeed. The imaginery is striking, and reminds me at once of the children of the Dread Goddess of Night."

Hanryu nods.

You say, "It's certainly a very striking looking insect. I think the presence of anything that looks like the moth in question will be quite noticeable."

You say, "Even moreso if they go around screaming with mouths full of razor sharp teeth."

Whiteburn says to you, "If the colors were, as you describe, dreamlike.. that may strengthen the connection to She who is Queen of Nightmares."

Tirost says, "The transformation described is a loathsome one too - or mutation, as I think you said."

Xixist ponders.

You say, "That is a possibility. And the involvement of an Immortal could explain the feeling of damage to my spirit."

Qiyan gnaws on her lip.

Xixist says, "Hmm."

You say, "If anyone starts having dreams of moths, it might be wise to mention them."

Xixist says, "My dreams will be of frozen children."

Xixist shivers.

Angel says to you, "And the Nightengales recently in the fleeting Visions, did you see them? Phelim sweet dreams being the opposite to the Queen on Nightmares."

Xixist says, "Hmm."

Angel says, "Of rather."

Angel clears her throat.

You ponder.

You say, "No, I don't think I've seen any nightingales in visions recently."

Angel says, "They were random and many Moon Mages saw them. Not as in seeking Events Visions."

Angel says, "I am unsure if I even wrote it down."

Angel ponders.

You say, "If you do know of anyone who wrote down the experience, I'd be interested to hear it."

Angel says, "I would have to look in my many notebooks. I must have jotted it down. We were talking on gweth about it. I will search."

You say, "There was another vision that I thought might perhaps be related to this one. There's nothing to directly tie them together, just... a bit of a feeling."

You say, "My vision was blotted out by flowing black ichor, muting all sound, all color, all sensation. There was only blackness, and after what could have been moments or an eternity, I wondered if it was all I'd ever known, all that had ever been. Gradually, almost imperceptible, the blackess gave rise to pinpricks of dull crimson, deepening and brightening in color and intensity, like millions of distant stars. Suddenly, each spot of brilliant red light shifted, and I realized in abject horror that each point of red light against blackness was an eye, casting its gaze upon my helpless form. My vision snapped back to my surroundings but I had a hard time shaking the feeling of being watched."

Xixist says, "Wow."

You say, "Insects often appearing in large swarms, as it were."

Tirost glances at Whiteburn.

You say, "But... it could have been just about anything, out there in the darkness."

Xixist says, "Thars so close to the visiin I had."

Hanryu says, "If that was a swarm of those razor toothed moths, we're all in trouble."

You ask Xixist, "Oh?"

Xixist nods.

Xixist asks, "Who looked at my soul?"

Tirost says, "There is another interpretation of that vision..."

Qiyan glances at Tirost.

Xixist says, "That was odd."

Tirost quietly asks, "Have anyone heard of the entity called Antrayelsis?"

Whiteburn gazes at Tirost.

Hanryu ponders.

Mistanna shakes her head at Tirost.

Angel turns a page in her research notebook.

Xixist says, "Nae."

You shake your head.

Eyuve gazes at Tirost.

Tirost says, "It is the name of a demon, according to those who know most of such things - Antrayelsis, the Defiler he's called."

Xixist blinks.

Angel exclaims, "Aha!"

Angel says, "I found it."

Xixist grins at Angel.

Angel says, "Sorry, I was reading so much and so quickly I just blurted that out. I digress and will wait until we finish the current thoughts."

Angel blushes a bright red color.

Hanryu says, "A collection of red eyes in a sea of ichor does sound demonic."

You nod in agreement.

Tirost nods to Hanryu.

Tirost says, "That is often how he is described."

Hanryu says, "Terrifying."

Hanryu shudders.

Tirost nods in agreement.

You say, "I was not familiar with that demon, but that is certainly important information."

Tirost says, "And troubling that the vision should so directly reveal him."

Qiyan asks, "Is he ever associated with toothy moths?"

Whiteburn says to Tirost, "Troubling, indeed."

(Tirost almost laughs.)

Qiyan says, "Or umm.... beetles."

Tirost says, "I do not know."

Xixist asks, "Who is playing with demons?"

Hanryu says to Xixist, "Every necromancer."

Xixist says, "I see."

Qiyan asks, "Do demons play cards?"

You say, "And we're not done with the unsettling visions, either."

Tirost says, "If they do, I don't think they'd be as affable as those in the vision."

Xixist glances at you.

You say, "The smell of damp earth mixed with pine enveloped me, invading my nostrils with the overwhelming fragrance. Numbness, darkness and silence were all that existed except for the permeating aroma and the pervasive ideation of an unknown hunger."

Xixist asks, "How recent are we speaking?"

You say, "Fear and loneliness impregnated my mind, switching between abject terror and deadening feeling of abandonment. But the scent remained, like my only friend, a constant in the nothingness."

You say, "Awake, never sleeping, never dreaming, I waited as time passed. My body shuddered, I thought I might be crying but I couldn't feel the tears. Then even the smell evaded me, every sense gone. I was complete. I was truly alone."

Xixist blinks.

You say, "There have been a number of unpleasant scenarios I've lived through thanks to touching the web of fate. That... was one of the worse ones."

Qiyan exclaims, "What an awful experience!"

Qiyan says, "So thankful I don't have to suffer them visions."

Nsar says, "Sounds like the last time I went drinking at the Half Pint..."

Xixist says, "An immortal waiting in a grave."

You say, "The perception of the passage of time can be... unusual in visions. So just a few moments can seem to last ages."

Qiyan says to you, "You truly are a hardened soul fer havin to experience there."

Eyuve makes a grunting noise.

Hanryu says, "The complete absesnse of anything familiar would strike me as the location not bing in the plane of abiding."

You say, "My interpretation is that I was buried, perhaps beneath a pine forest... but with almost all senses cut off, it's difficult to tell much about the location."

Tirost nods.

You say, "I have no idea why I felt that there was something hungry out there, but the idea was felt very strongly."

Angel says, "Truly alone, terror, abandoned. Buried alive it seems."

Whiteburn says, "Complete. A curious choice of wording."

Xixist says, "Seemed like a necro was in a grave."

Angel nods in agreement.

Xixist says, "Waiting."

Angel shudders.

Mistanna asks, "A seed?"

Xixist says, "A hibernating entity."

Tirost glances at Mistanna.

Tirost ponders.

You nod to Whiteburn.

You say to Whiteburn, "I try to take careful note of exactly what comes to mind when thinking about what I experience, because often the choice of how to describe something is not how I would normally choose to put it."

Whiteburn nods to you.

Angel nods in agreement.

Tirost says, "It is curious to think what sort of being could experience something like that - a soul surviving without reaching the Starry Road nor the Spiral - just clining to a sort of general awareness without sensation."

Whiteburn says to Tirost, "Curious, indeed."

Xixist says, "In all my years ... ive never seen a necro lord killed.. only defeated."

You ask, "Let's see... not that I wish to hurry along a good discussion, but this has been going on for a bit and there's still several visions to go. Angel, could you please share the notes you found?"

Xixist says, "I believe even Sorrow to be alive."

Kehlbins quietly says, "Hard to kill them when it's just a learning experiance."

Angel says, "Your vision blurs in a flurry of feathers and twittering birdsong as a flock of nightingales rushes past you. Ducking your head, you lift your arms to protect yourself as soft, fluttering feathers brush upon your face. As the sensation fades, you look up to see the birds descend upon a common perch within a bizarre velvet-spun tree."

Xixist blinks.

You ponder.

Angel says, "Now, curiously this came weeks after the Vision of the moth we were discussing regarding the possiblity of the Queen of Nightmares."

Tirost runs his fingers through his hair.

Xixist says, "There is no doubt the Gods are moving their game pieces."

Whiteburn asks, "Are they not always doing so?"

Xixist says, "They do like a good rest."

Xixist grins.

You say, "A velvet tree would imply some sort of domestication, although Phelim could certainly offer nice accomodations to his servants."

Angel says, "The first thing I thought of was the connection to the velvet mannequin in the 3 manequins Vision."

Xixist ponders.

Angel says, "Not necessarily connection, rather the same material."

You say, "Let' see... one more particularly disturbing vision, but then the remaining ones are not quite as bad."

You say, "My limbs felt leaden, weighted down by something heavier than I could even imagine. The only light came from a single source nearby, casting the area in a constant shadow. When I tried to lift my head, I realized even that was bound and immobile. A figure approached, caught in my peripheral vision. His face loomed above mine, yet I can't seem to remember anything but red hair. I heard a voice resonate, "You'll do, Miskton, I suppose," as the figure began to consume my face."

You say, "I have heard that other seers have heard their own names spoken."

Mistanna nods in agreement.

(Tirost looks disgusted.)

Xixist blinks.

You say, "The red hair makes me think of Pelag ai Aldam, although he does not usually appear as faceless."

Hanryu asks, "There's a history of redheads trying to kill moon mages is there not?"

You say, "However..."

You say, "The framing of the vision makes me wonder if, perhaps, Pelag has some plan that involves somehow... taking over someone with a connection to the plane of probability."

Hanryu says, "That would be... bad. For everyone."

You nod in agreement.

Angel gives a slight nod.

Angel says, "Pelag having red hair."

You say, "Certainly, beings from the Plane of Probability have shown a capability to do that... but they do not all have the same abilities."

You say, "Well, a being, at least. The Arbiter in Darkness was able to take over Tiv's body, but that seemed to be some sort of agreement between them."

You say, "There was also another vision where I was addressed directly, though less unsettling."

You say, "Pushing his black stone forward, my opponent nodded and rested his broad hands at the edge of the table. I considered the board, recognizing different stratagems, accounting for possible outcomes. Taking a risk, I pushed one of my white stones forward, and prepared for the worst. My opponent's head tilted slightly, and he slowly broke into a mischievous grin. "Miskton, haven't we been down this road before?" he asked. I shrugged, and the scene evaporated as the vision faded."

Maltris says, "Pardon me...back in a moment."

Xixist asks, "Only you got that vision Miskton?"

You say, "Others have received it, with their own names being spoken."

Mistanna says, "I've seen that too."

Tirost ponders.

Maltris asks Qiyan, "Staying?"

Xixist says, "Hmmm."

You say, "And female seers have apparently seen a female opponent."

Qiyan shakes her head at Maltris.

Whiteburn asks you, "Did you recall the features of your opponent?"

You shake your head.

You say, "The differing genders implies perhaps a reflection of the seer in some fashion, but I haven't heard of anyone seeing more details than that."

Tirost says, "Also interesting that it's another vision of gaming, where, even though the players are very invested, losses don't seem to have particularly high stakes."

You say, "If the game refers to mistakes made by moon mages as a whole in the past... well, there's certainly more than enough of those."

Hanryu says to you, "I'm sorry to bail early. Truly terrifiying and fascinating stuff. Hope you do this agian soon."

Hanryu shakes your hand.

You smile at Hanryu.

Hanryu says, "Safe paths everyone."

Hanryu waves.

Tirost shakes Hanryu's hand.

Tirost waves.

Angel says, "I wonder if the profane aegis and the Plane of Abiding are connected to that red eyed or red haired Vision."

Xixist nods.

Angel ponders.

Angel asks, "Seems allot of what we discussed could be connected back to Necormancers. Coincidence?"

You say to Angel, "I'm not familiar with the term profane aegis."

Angel says, "Maybe allot is a strong word."

Whiteburn gazes at Angel.

Kehlbins nods.

Tirost says to you, "The Profane Aegis the name necromancers use for their ability to return to life through magic."

You say, "Ahh."

You nod.

Angel says, "It is rumored that some Necromancers are going to recreate profane aegis and try to modify them to use them. They are connected to the Plane of Abiding."

Kehlbins says, "I'm going to open a moongate from here to Rivernhaven once I'm done walking the astral if anyone needs a lift."

You say, "Let's see... thank you all for your patience. We're almost done. Just two more visions to bring up."

Tirost nods to Kehlbins.

Tirost says to Kehlbins, "Thanks. I'll take you up on that."

Whiteburn asks Angel, "Is that so?"

Angel says, "And I have a beam in Rossmans Tirost."

You say, "The tinkling sound of a bell accompanied the arrival of a radiant orb. It floated toward me, encircling me with ribbons of white light so pure they nearly blinded me. As it spun, the orb split in half, the second globe churning with variegated chromaticity. The spheres collided creating a third, pinpoints of light bursting forth momentarily before being encased in a midnight-blue bubble."

Angel nods to Whiteburn.

Tirost smiles at Angel.

Kehlbins sticks out his tongue at Angel and lets loose with a loud, "Thbtbtbt" from his lips!

Tirost laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Angel smiles at Kehlbins.

You say, "The orbs continued to wrap me with wispy threads of luminescence as their pace began to accelerate and they moved out of their trajectories, darting in obtuse directions. I could feel the frenzy within their energetic, almost hurried, motion. Zooming with speed so fast I couldn't follow the movement, the streamers blended into a single strand of the deepest grey tinged at the edges with scarlet. I gazed at it, judging the widening strand with caution as something slithered within the swath of nothingness. Just as I tried to get a closer look, the vision faded."

Kehlbins says, "Fine you get him home."

Tirost grins at Kehlbins.

Angel chuckles at Kehlbins.

Angel says to Kehlbins, "He keeps running his hand through his hair, so...."

Angel winks at Tirost.

Kehlbins says, "Ah I see, war bard powers..."

Kehlbins gives Tirost a playful poke in the ribs.

Xixist grins.

Tirost chuckles.

You say, "The orbs of light seem like they could have either lunar or holy origins... but the grey nothingness with something moving within it seems to lean a bit more toward the lunar side of things."

Angel says, "More of the grey expanse maybe."

Tirost nods to Mistanna.

Mistanna ponders.

Xixist says, "Hmm."

Angel says, "Grey and ashen in the moths Visions too."

Angel says, "Maybe I am looking at a conspiracy theory connecting all the stars in all the Visions."

You say, "There certainly seems to be a great deal of symbolism in that vision, but not a lot of it that jumps out at me with meaning."

Angel chuckles to herself.

Tirost nods to you.

You say, "And then finally... the most recent vision I've seen."

Eyuve says, "Rainbow viscosity, oiliness dripping from black hearts... protected by deep, demonic blue."

Whiteburn gazes at Eyuve.

You say, "I saw a grove of twelve enormous trees, growing in a semi-circle. Their branches reached high into the sky, the stars themselves twinkling within their embrace, bearing leaves of every color I could fathom. A lumberjack approached, bearing a simple but sharp axe. From behind one of the trees, an ancient and scarred albino lion charged, issuing a deep and resonating growl that caused the very air to vibrate. The lumberjack swung his axe wildly, burying it in the lion's chest, but not before the lion raked its claws across the lumberjack's face, spraying his blood upon the ground."

You say, "Blood dripping from his face, the lumberjack savagely twisted the axe free, and with a grimace, spat on the corpse of the lion. Swearing under his breath, the lumberjacked turned andl eft the grove. The body of the lion decayed rapidly, and far above, radiant blossoms bloomed over the tree branches."

Angel says, "Disgusting lumberjack."

Tirost ponders.

You say, "The trees are certainly impressive enough to represent twelve of the immortals, with Chadatru's lion making thirteen. Though just because there's a lion doesn't necessarily mean it must be Chadatru."

Tirost nods to you.

Whiteburn nods.

Xixist says, ""But it's albino."

Tirost says, "And the trees are ultimately saved by the lion - even made more verdant by its death."

You say, "I'm fairly certain the trees represent something more than mere plants, at least."

Tirost nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

You say to Xixist, "And yes... I'm not certain of any references to specifically albino lions."

Whiteburn says to Tirost, "It seems as if you have some strong thoughts about this vision."

Tirost says to Whiteburn, "I wish I could say I had some coherent ones. I can't guess at what the twelve trees represent, other than perhaps the immortals."

Whiteburn gives a slight nod.

Tirost asks, "But if that were the case, why would Chadatru be soley represented as an animal?"

Tirost ponders.

You say, "If it is the Immortals, the lumberjack would perhaps be a necromancer, or some other demon worshipper. Or a group of them, of course."

Angel sighs.

Angel says, "Tis far too much discussion upon Necromancers."

Whiteburn says, "Perhaps as emphasis. If the lion directly represents Chadatru Himself."

Angel says, "The world needs to be ridden."

Xixist says, "What if Viggu planned on attacking Chadtru ... using the Barons book."

Whiteburn says to Xixist, "I do not believe that is possible."

Xixist says, "Ima barb .. magik is impossible."

Xixist says, "Yer all just hallucinating."

Xixist appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Mistanna says, "Technically true."

Xixist says, "Never say never."

Tirost says to Xixist, "I was actually thinking the lumberjack seems a more likely image for orcs than for necromancers, and was trying to think of whether the tress might represent some of the lords of Therengia or some other Therengian person or instiution."

Eyuve gazes at Xixist.

Kehlbins snickers.

Eyuve nods to Kehlbins.

Xixist asks, "Arnt there 12 houses?"

Angel says, "Houses maybe."

Mistanna says to Tirost, "Maybe the rainbow trees represent a celebration."

Xixist says, "On Therengia they lost like 8 of em."

Kehlbins blinks.

Xixist says, "In."

Tirost ponders.

You ponder.

Xixist says, "Viggu assasinated them."

Xixist says, "Granted, they were the smaller houses but..."

Tirost nods to Xixist.

Tirost says, "I remember hearing about that."

You say, "I haven't been keeping up with the state of the Morzindaen. I know there definitely were more than 12, but if some have already been destroyed..."

Xixist says, "The fates cannot be ignoring Viggu."

Tirost quietly says, "I'm afraid I must be off to rest."

Tirost respectfully says to you, "Thanks for sharing your visions."

Xixist nods to Tirost.

Tirost bows.

You say, "Oh, in somewhat lighter news... in a few days time, with the aid of the Lorethew Mentor Society I'll be hosting a cooking competition here in Shard. The theme will be focused on Elothean food."

Angel says, "There are 16 Morzindaen."

Xixist asks, "Vegetarian?"

Angel smiles at Mistanna.

Xixist coughs.

Angel smiles at you.

You say to Xixist, "Depends on the chefs."

Xixist grins.

Angel says, "I am Elothean, and would love tio attend."

Angel clears her throat.

Eyuve says to you, "Tell them to make enough."

You say, "Anyone's free to enter, if they wish. Or simply come to observe and maybe get a bite to eat."

Whiteburn says to you, "Splendid. I have a taste for Elothean fare. I look forward to attending."

Eyuve makes a grunting noise.

You grin.

Xixist smiles.

Xixist asks, "Will there be beer?"

Xixist grins.

Kehlbins waves to you.

Kehlbins is drawn through the unstable Moongate just before it collapses.

You wave.

Whiteburn says to you, "Thank you for hosting. I have learned much, through your keen vision and interpretation both."

Angel says to you, "Thank you for hosting the Visions meeting this month. Tonight was very interesting. I enjoy hearing all perpsectives."

You say to Xixist, "Probably more likely to be rice wine, but nobody will kick you out if you bring your own."

You grin at Xixist.

You exclaim, "Thank you all for coming!"

You smile.