A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/22/2019 11:50 AM CDT
Foresight : Augmentation. Requires Seer's Sesnse. All attacks made against you are considered DFA. TM focus equivalent to defenses. Let's you ignore shield and parry, but slightly reduces all damage you take and lets you use 130% of your evasion instead of 100%. This is the inverse of the proposed paladin spells which prevents DFA.

Future sight: Augmentation. +TM and with enough power +50% OF / DF. You see the future. Use that knowledge.

Altered Geometry : AOE Debilitation. Requires whole displacement. Periodically pulses to warp people around (engagement, in the air, on the ground, into the plane of existence (okay, maybe not)). Seer's sense protects the caster similar to ES protecting the caster for warrior mages. With enough power, disorients (think vertigo) when they're moved. Anyone or anything attempting to leave your room makes a saving throw. If they fail, they end up in the room they left when they leave it.

Phantasms: Esoteric Cyclic TM. Requires shadowling or shadow servant. Stronger at night or indoors. Creates shadowy tentacles that periodically lash out around you. It attempts to attack the mana of anything at melee with you, and it returns to you a portion of what it stole. Think a cross between chill spirit + rimefang - vitality damage.

Omens: AOE, cyclic debilitation. Can be cast on a skillset. Gives all targets in the area a 10-30 second debuff on a random skill within that skillset when it pulses. Uses prediction pool to cast, for the right skillset, contests astrology for the strength of the debuff (random roll), capped by spell power.

Tear the void: Utility. Long duration. Requires 100th circle ability. Reduces moon requirements. Contingency takes you to the nearest shard of grazhir. You can create or shape a moon blade using the power of Grazhir. PD and WD work without moons. Considered a sorcery spell to cast. Limitations: Harder to use based on how far away from a grazhir shard you are.
Re: A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/22/2019 11:52 AM CDT

Another idea for foresight which may be easier to implement, just let allow the caster to set their evasion stance points to 130%, maxing out shield to 70% (or lower).
Re: A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/25/2019 01:35 AM CDT

Where you seeing the list of proposed spells? Specifically the proposed Paladin spell(s)?
Re: A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/25/2019 07:51 AM CDT

That was a post from a long time ago, and proposed may have been a bit strong; however, I seem to recall someone saying that it was approved.

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Paladins/Magic%20Talk%20and%20Spell%20Ideas/thread/1635234
Re: A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/26/2019 12:44 AM CDT
I really like the idea of contingency being able to get set to a nearby memorized shard. That would be awesome.

What’s your thinking behind the utility of foresight? I couldn’t think of any situation where I would want to give up shield for 130% evasion but I admit that’s because my shield is decent. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the pitch.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: A couple of suggestions for the psychic warrior among moon mages 07/26/2019 10:27 AM CDT

> What’s your thinking behind the utility of foresight? I couldn’t think of any situation where I would want to give up shield for 130% evasion but I admit that’s because my shield is decent. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the pitch.

This is mostly about an RP stand-point, the true mage archetype. You use evasion + buffs to roughly match where you'd be with evasion + shield, but now you can completely ignore weapons and armors and do alright. Glass canon, but workable. It's not really a mechanical benefit due to the usefulness of shield, but it's offsetting the penalties from going with tert defenses.