More Moon Blade Forms 03/08/2018 11:16 PM CST
Would it be possible to have more moon blade forms - perhaps as varied as WM summoned weapons? https://elanthipedia.play.net/Elemental_weapon

I'd like to have one or two thrown weapons or even a moon bow that shoots shards of moon light.

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: More Moon Blade Forms 03/17/2018 03:30 PM CDT
I have a suggestion on this line of thought about updating templates but it also ties into the new change to TKT and TKS working with naptha and the nature of TKT and TKS ammo.

I would like moonblade templates to be updated to mirror the slivers created from using them. No damage increase just lose some slice or impact for fire on yavash blades and cold on xibar moonblades. Katamba I believe does shadow damage to light creatures already so its not a stretch our celestial fire blades formed from yavash could ignite Naphtha.

I also think that TKT slivers should LODGE. Then when they are Tended out they poof. Giving moon mages the ability to get bleed damage from lodged shards would make it okay that it requires a moon up to make this ammo. This ties into my whole giving a reason for the requirements. Make our Slivers special and far better than any other ammo we can use with it. It requires a moon in sky up, so sometimes can't use it..so lets make it awesome when we can use them.

Furthermore... we all have fond memories of the Steelstar spell. At least those of us who used it or saw it in action. I think if we had option to shape moonblades into a stack of throwing steelstars that worked just like throwing blades work, and lodge like slivers, it would be back and better than ever. Then put a tie in back into dazzle, that if you cast it at a target that has the steelstars or slivers lodged they then explode.

Right now Dazzle requires two moons in the sky to get the FULL effect. That FULL effect should be exploding lodged Slivers and Steelstars. Since throwing the steelstar will require a tertiary skill, it makes sense that lodged steelstars will deal more damage or hit more areas when they explode while the lodged slivers will deal a lot less damage.

Make Dazzle react violently to moon steel again! Please! If its cast at a mage holding a stack of steelstars. Bye bye to his hand. Holding a moonstaff or claymore? Bye bye to your arm and damaged torso and head and legs if it hits you. If you have 75-100 slivers above your head, and someone lands a dazzle on you, well then bye bye head.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: More Moon Blade Forms 03/17/2018 03:41 PM CDT
All of these are good ideas. We really need to do something to put some style back into our magic.
Re: More Moon Blade Forms 03/18/2018 06:54 AM CDT
The slivers doing elemental damage makes sense and is cool.