SCO and Teleogical Corruption Proposal Ramble 07/23/2017 03:25 PM CDT
I'm digging the teleogical spellbook quite a bit but I feel that it's currently overwhelmingly restricted mechanically by the inability to have more than one of the book's spells active. SCO has some very rad themes going on with it so why don't we play on those? Since we're already shackling a Living Concept to our minds via our link to the Plane of Probability how about a metaspell that corrupts the Concept's Meaning and Purpose? A trick of teleogical Pattern Design that forces a Conceptual being to question the validity of it's Purpose. For smaller PoP entities like those called on by SCO this usually means the Concept's complete dissolution as it fails to assert its Pattern onto the PoP. Such profound teleogical observations serve as the creation of a temporary supernatual Confound allowing a sorcerer to ignore the typical restriction of being able to cast only one spell from the book. Due to entity's violent and utterly psychotic breakdown up until the moment of dissolution researchers have begun calling it "Andraethu's Patronage".

On that note..

I'd like to see teleogical corruption do away with the casting messaging of experiencing emotional pain for sorcery. Because why not? Teleogical Sorcerers are already forcing the Web of Fate to respond to them as, well, sorcerers. If it were to make casting sorcerous blends less dangerous I certainly wouldn't complain and I'd even support seeing myself explode in a column of purple fire on a critical failure. Corruption should attract hostile entities whenever we utilize teleportation magics or step into the AP. Some flavor messaging to other spells would be fun; DO appearing as a ring living razor blades with messaging implying the spell itself wants to murder the caster. Shadow Servants should resist more obviously. In general, some noticeable themes exploring the murderous intentions of those entities from the PoP would really enhance the roleplaying aspect of the book. I can only imagine how much they hate teleology.

Right now for most moon mages teleology seems to lend itself as, 'Oh, you mean that magic that doesn't let me keep my sweet prediction buffs' genre. We should be showing them more than just mechanical value of the spellbook but also explore how sorcery changes the caster and their personality while the magic itself is always nearly killing someone. Including themselves.

Oh, and open up the Cabal as a sect to join please. The other two sorcery focused sects are taking up their own crazy watch on the megalomaniac mage spectrum but, really, teleogical sorcerers want the whole thing to themselves and got no time for meddlers.

Re: SCO and Teleogical Corruption Proposal Ramble 07/23/2017 07:07 PM CDT
While they aren't highly prioritized, I know that there are various teleologic improvements planned. We did consider leaving Saesordian Compass out of the one-spell-at-a-time mechanic, but that mechanic itself might be under review, so we've avoided exceptions for now.

>>I'd like to see teleogical corruption do away with the casting messaging of experiencing emotional pain for sorcery.

Done! Well, actually, this is already the case, with moderately high corruption. There's an arbitrary point where you're deemed mad enough and some teleologic/antinomic messaging treats you slightly differently.

GM Grejuva
Re: SCO and Teleogical Corruption Proposal Ramble 07/24/2017 02:44 AM CDT
>>Done! Well, actually, this is already the case, with moderately high corruption. There's an arbitrary point where you're deemed mad enough and some teleologic/antinomic messaging treats you slightly differently.<<

I noticed that being the case for teleogical spells but not for all other sorcerous casting - which would be kind of rad.

Re: SCO and Teleogical Corruption Proposal Ramble 07/24/2017 12:45 PM CDT
Pretty sure if anyone tried to resurrect the Saesordian Cabal on any official or public level they'd quickly and quietly be murdered, dismembered, burnt to ash, and their ashes deposited into a bucket of acid; led by both the CC and Tezirite factions. Teleologic research is best done quietly; so that hordes of fearful peasants and the uninitiated nobility are none the wiser.