Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/10/2016 06:55 PM CDT
I recently returned after a year-long break and spent some time reconsidering my spell slot allocations. I noticed moon mages do not have any cyclic debilitation spells - is this simply the result of historical development or is there some more fundamental reason for it (similar to moon mages are bad at AOE)?
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/10/2016 08:53 PM CDT
I thought maybe Shadow Web was supposed to be a cyclic debilitation spell, or was it a hybrid effect AOE Debil / TM. I can't remember now.
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/11/2016 02:25 PM CDT
We're weak at AOE. Because of diminishing returns in PvP we're left with the possibility of a single target cyclic PVE debilitation spell. We already have plenty of single target debilitation spells.

Shadow Web would be fantastic, except that because it (was) AOE and no one knows how to implement it within modern rules of magic and lore it might not see the light of day for years, if ever.

What we really need is a cyclic tm spell that isn't limited to night. I'm hoping at the very least (but not holding my breath), Traders get a daytime or 24/7 cyclic TM spell that isn't signature that we can poach.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Diminishing_Returns_and_You_-_02/27/2013_-_14:42

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/17/2016 01:48 AM CDT
Since lunar magic can still be felt during the day, you'd think the sphere would last (the stars are still there, they're just not visible to the naked eye).

I would love love LOVE to have a cyclic we can use during the day (cleric orb seems plenty useful).

Just wanted to 2nd what several said
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/17/2016 02:01 PM CDT
It'll be interested to see if Starcrash (if released) will be castable during the day. If it is, it seems likely Traders 'might' be using their starlight aura to get around the night casting restriction.

Vote:
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/19/2016 04:49 PM CDT
For fun, I've thought of a few spells that could fill the cyclic debilitation niche.

Meteor shower: You create a pulsing swarm of meteors based on skills.
At it's base, you'll see just small meteors = balance and position hit when they hit your target. Very minor vitality damage. Effects increase as you gain skill. This is castable at any time of the day, without requiring moons up.

Metaspells: Adds a random chance to gain an additional missile from one of the following, maybe requiring a moon beam in the area to guide the shard. Each metaspell summons a minor part of the moon to join the swarm.
- Xibar = They explode just before they hit. No more vitality damage. Additional effect of revealing hidden and making it so your opponent can't re-hide.
- Yavash = They melt on hit. This creates a beacon of sort that makes it easier for you to hit them with moon blade or spells.
- Katamba = Dissipate into a cloud of black dust. This is a general blind effect (-offensive, -perception).
The effect favors alignment, but it's random. Very small chance to summon more than one.

Gravity well: AOE cyclic burden, but it guarantees at least some burden increase. +level, not stones. It also adds the inverse of -rt abilities. So longer +RT to attacks, engagement. Skill determines engagement range that it hits.

Telekenetic strike: You periodically use your telekinetic abilities to strike the nerves of your target. This can cause them to drop their held items, reduce agility, strength, and/or reflex.

Telepathic onslaught: PvP spell. Your target gets random messages as if they died, fell over, were bleeding profusely, are poisoned, are diseased, or otherwise has a status change that would probably hit their triggers (mental or mechanical). For PvE, it'll randomly cause the creature to hurt themselves or another nearby creature.

Splice: Fill the area with miniature moon gates. Anything shot at you would go through one gate and out a random one. Effects are based on skill.
- Low skill = gates pointing in random directions, some at yourself. (minor damage reduction, no redirection).
- Medium skill = gates no longer point at you, but the directions are still half-hazard. (moderate damage reduction, no redirection)
- High skill = all gates pointed at other targets in the room. None at you or your group. (Moderate damage reduction, redirection randomly)
- Very high skill = all gates pointed at the target you're facing. (moderate damage reduction, redirection fully at your target).
Re: Question: Cyclic Debilitation? 10/19/2016 07:20 PM CDT
Only if we get to race shadow chocobos in the PoP.

Vote: