Condense Shadow: Area Stealth "Enhancement" Spell 03/02/2016 02:02 PM CST
The idea is a spell that doesn't actually boost stealth ranks, but enhances stealth in other ways.

The Condense Shadow spell works only at night time or in an indoor room with no light source. Similar to rising mists it will slightly hammer perception checks made in the area on a Small level. However in conjunction with the shadows spell the caster will be able to Invoke Shadows to enter into hiding state without a round timer. It would still have spot checks and it would only be a timer reduction so you would only achieve no round time when you already had lowered the round time down with the stealth skill several seconds already. The amount of times the caster would be able to invoke shadow would scale based on mana put into the Invoke Shadow spell and would also be on a timer similar to Read the Ripples.

The Second idea for the spell which would be a Meta would be the ability to cast non targeted spells while remaining hidden and or with refractive field on. This is the main idea behind spell. Seems like it would be alot for one spell without making it cost a ton of slots and it makes more sense to split it up.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Condense Shadow: Area Stealth "Enhancement" Spell 03/02/2016 03:40 PM CST
Sounds like there might be a lot of conceptual overlap with the Avren Aevareae spell they let the Traders steal tho': http://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Avren_Aevareae
Re: Condense Shadow: Area Stealth "Enhancement" Spell 03/02/2016 03:54 PM CST

>>Sounds like there might be a lot of conceptual overlap with the Avren Aevareae spell they let the Traders steal tho'

- round time for hiding and casting non targeted spells sounds like it fills its own niche. The area perception debuff is less important than those two functions. Anyway would be a dream come true if the guild with shadow mage title could cast a few spells while staying hidden. And also it would fill the gap we lost with darkness.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Condense Shadow: Area Stealth "Enhancement" Spell 03/02/2016 11:21 PM CST
sounds like a monk spell. from your previous post and reference.

Monks: :From A Brief History of the Guild of Moon Magic: - "Able to conceal their movements in cloaks of shadows at will and disarm a foe with a single thought"
Re: Condense Shadow: Area Stealth "Enhancement" Spell 03/02/2016 11:27 PM CST

I was thinking more about the spell. It might even just work as a Meta for the Shadows spell. One for hiding time reduction and another for casting certain spells in stealth.