Lift 11/18/2015 03:37 PM CST
Abbreviation: LIFT
Prerequisites: TKT
Slot Cost: 2
Type: battle / debilitation
Difficulty: Basic
Description: By telekinetically lifting an enemy off the ground, this spell completely prevents movement, unless the target can escape your mental grasp first. When the spell ends the target falls.
Effect: Immobilization, knockdown on spell ending
Contest type: Mind vs Reflex
Example messaging:
You gesture at a field goblin.
The startled goblin suddenly floats off the ground, unable to propel itself in any direction.
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
A floating field goblin suddenly tumbles to the ground from midair.
Re: Lift 11/20/2015 12:32 PM CST
The idea isn't a bad one, but unfortunately adds more of the same to our debilitation abilities. By that I mean that we have a lot of debilitation spells, but every non sorcery debilitation spell is a disabler. What we really could use is a debuff or damage amplifier type spell for variety.
Re: Lift 11/20/2015 03:55 PM CST
You're right. This doesn't fill the hole in the Moon Mage spellbook that something Malediction-like would. Moon Mages do have the ability to ALIGN <SKILL> CURSE, though, for predictions, but this is only for PVP and has it's own drawbacks. I guess the only stat debilitation they could apply is Burden, or sorcerous. If you have an idea for something you feel would better fill the hole you're talking about, I would definitely be interested in reading it.

This suggestion does fill other holes. Right now, the spellbook lacks a "vs. Reflex" contest, and doesn't contain a specifically "immobilize" status effect. Also, the theme of telekinesis feels underdeveloped to me.
Re: Lift 11/25/2015 02:57 PM CST
I would have to agree that I'd like to see more telekinesis themed spells. A force choke type spell that constricts the throat and drains fatigue, if drained all the way the person collapses into unconsciousness. That would be neat.
Re: Lift 12/12/2015 12:37 AM CST
>>I would have to agree that I'd like to see more telekinesis themed spells.

This is a statement I can get behind and have been pondering for awhile (Or had been before Real Life force choked away most of my development time).

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Lift 12/12/2015 01:36 AM CST
<This is a statement I can get behind and have been pondering for awhile (Or had been before Real Life force choked away most of my development time).

Nice to know, and thanks for responding to all these threads by the way. I know you have a lot going on, so take care of what you need to... We always just like to brainstorm and talk.
Re: Lift 02/12/2016 08:08 PM CST

Thirded! I've always loved the Psychic Projection spellbook and hated when otherwise psychic-themed ideas got interpreted through some other spellbook, e.g., the function of astral projection done through Shadewatch Mirror. If you could only imagine my excitement upon hearing about a planned spell called Astral Projection ... immediately followed by my abject disappointment upon learning that it'll be Trader spell.

Anyway, yes! More telepathic and telekinetic spells please!