My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 09:55 AM CDT
We know the Tenebrous Sense is a bonus outdoorsmanship and a removal of blindness in darkness.

What if we added an additional spell slot cost and gave Tenebrous Sense the ability to add bonus detection to normal and magical stealth actions around you?

Currently, the spells gives off random messages that indicate things are happening around us in the shadows. Even though those messages are just for fun, it would be great if that spell were enhanced in that direction.

I'm just basing this idea off the description of the spell and the random messages it's generating.
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 11:53 AM CDT
I believe the stuff you're seeing is actually the Plane of Probability (which is a shadowy plane) which exists in the same relative space as the Plane of Abiding rather than just seeing stuff in the shadows. That and I don't want TS to cost 2 slots. I think CV already gives us enough of a boost for detecting stealth already.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 12:17 PM CDT
>I believe the stuff you're seeing is actually the Plane of Probability (which is a shadowy plane) which exists in the same relative space as the Plane of Abiding rather than just seeing stuff in the shadows.

I mean no disrespect. Are you just making up your own explanation?
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 12:41 PM CDT
>I believe the stuff you're seeing is actually the Plane of Probability (which is a shadowy plane) which exists in the same relative space as the Plane of Abiding rather than just seeing stuff in the shadows.

>> I mean no disrespect. Are you just making up your own explanation?

He tends to white-knight/attack every new suggestion/change/critique to the game and will come up with practically any explanation to back his arguments up.

Reading the spell description, I would have to say it doesn't make any sense that there is a link to the Plane of Probability.

First paragraph of the spell description. "Tenebrous Sense is a simple Perception pattern that translates the subtle shifting of shadow and mass into a tactile sense. This pattern allows its target to function perfectly in the dark. While the sensorum is off-putting to most, this extended tactile sense can assist with foraging, mining, and other gathering tasks."
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 12:57 PM CDT
>First paragraph of the spell description. "Tenebrous Sense is a simple Perception pattern that translates the subtle shifting of shadow and mass into a tactile sense. This pattern allows its target to function perfectly in the dark. While the sensorum is off-putting to most, this extended tactile sense can assist with foraging, mining, and other gathering tasks."

I was reading the same description. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

On a side note, I've had some pretty weird messages. Besides staccato rhythms from the shadows, I've had:

1) a human male slip into the shadows and then disappear (happened on the Dirge Barge and I think there's a legend to go with it, so might not be from the spell.)

2) and, I also saw, or felt, a shadowy spell pattern being formed.

What I wish -would really like to see- is the messages associated with something actually happening. When I first picked up the spell, I thought I was getting an indication that someone stealthy, invisible, or using Thief Magic, was MARKing me, STALKing me, or just walking through the room using one of the additional methods.

Later, I learned that it's just fluffy messages. and I'm the only one seeing them. They are cool, though. Just was hoping they indicated something beyond having the spell up.

Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 01:13 PM CDT
>>What if we added an additional spell slot cost and gave Tenebrous Sense the ability to add bonus detection to normal and magical stealth actions around you?

That's a perception boost and it wouldn't stack with CV.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 02:29 PM CDT
1) a human male slip into the shadows and then disappear (happened on the Dirge Barge and I think there's a legend to go with it, so might not be from the spell.)

2) and, I also saw, or felt, a shadowy spell pattern being formed.

Braisk is a human male spellcaster isn't he?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 04:35 PM CDT
<<I mean no disrespect. Are you just making up your own explanation?

Not the stuff about the Plane of Probability itself, but yes the explanation about what you're seeing in the shadows is my own which is why I prefaced that with the phrase 'I believe.' Some of the messaging of what is going on in the shadows (e.g. various creatures, people, etc.) is a bit too non-mundane for what would actually be going on just in the mundane shadow. Whether it is the actual plane we're seeing, or just a shadowy echo of various probabilities (this is most likely in my opinion) is unknown.

<<He tends to white-knight/attack every new suggestion/change/critique to the game

Just the uninformed ones like yours, honey.

<<and will come up with practically any explanation to back his arguments up.

Only the correct information. If I don't know I always preface with a phrase like 'I'm not sure' or 'Take it with a grain of salt' or 'I think.' If it's just opinion I always indicate that with a phrase like 'I believe' or 'I think.'

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 06:59 PM CDT
>> Only the correct information. If I don't know I always preface with a phrase like 'I'm not sure' or 'Take it with a grain of salt' or 'I think.' If it's just opinion I always indicate that with a phrase like 'I believe' or 'I think.'

I'm not sure if anyone has told you this... but everything that is written or spoken is a belief, thought, opinion, etc. You don't need to preface your statements with it. Instead that statement just indicates how much of that information you personally believe is "true" or "correct."

It's amazing how incredibly perfect you think you are. Do you really think that you ALWAYS preface your unsure information?

And you are going on ignore after this.
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 08:36 PM CDT
<<but everything that is written or spoken is a belief, thought, opinion, etc.

Nope. Look up the difference between a fact and an opinion.

<<And you are going on ignore after this.

Or not.

Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/17/2015 08:46 PM CDT
Y'all have a perfectly good and neglected conflict folder this would be way more entertaining in.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: My Tenebrous Sense tell me... 08/18/2015 11:26 AM CDT
>Braisk is a human male spellcaster isn't he?

Yep. That might be it.