Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/02/2015 09:51 PM CDT
I realize this isn't a spell, but I saw nowhere else to post this:

I think that as one's attunement skill rises into extraordinarily high numbers, one should be able to draw mana from / perceive moons around other planets.

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/02/2015 10:34 PM CDT
>I think that as one's attunement skill rises into extraordinarily high numbers, one should be able to draw mana from / perceive moons around other planets.

Mana isn't really an issue for moon mages once their attunement skill hits high numbers.

Let us cast a spell that allows us to utilize extra terrestrial moons for our moon dependent magic and you're talking. It would be nice to cast moonblade on Yoakena's second moon when Xibar, Yavash and Katamba have set.

I don't see that happening though.
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/02/2015 11:13 PM CDT
Just because I'm a pedantic little twerp... all moons in DragonRealms are extraterrestrial, since "terrestrial" means "relating to the planet Earth." The three moons we have would be Elanthian moons, and the moons around other planets would be extra-Elanthian moons. (Yes, terrestrial can be used in this sense colloquially, but colloquial definitions are for plebs.)

Back on topic though, I do like the idea of a metamagic spell with a very high circle requirement that allows the Moon Mage to cast Moonblade and Burn when no moons are active by calling on a planet that's currently in season. I can think of some really nifty messaging to go along with this, too.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/02/2015 11:55 PM CDT
If they're not going to let us do this with Grazhir then I highly doubt they'd create new moons just for the purpose.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/03/2015 12:31 AM CDT

>>Just because I'm a pedantic little twerp... all moons in DragonRealms are extraterrestrial, since "terrestrial" means "relating to the planet Earth." The three moons we have would be Elanthian moons, and the moons around other planets would be extra-Elanthian moons. (Yes, terrestrial can be used in this sense colloquially, but colloquial definitions are for plebs.)>>

It's all good. I am the same way and debated using the term 'terrestrial' - but terrestrial means earth generally and Earth specifically... and since the WM's have an Earth Manipulation spell book...

:)
__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/03/2015 01:03 AM CDT
Yeah, I don't see this happening.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Extra Terrestrial Moons 06/03/2015 02:31 PM CDT
Seems a little unlikely based on current spell mechanics. That said, it would be interested to see something more done with the planets in our spellbooks. I love (love) the aesthetics of IOTS. Having a Merewalda planetblade is in my dream journal