Prev_page Previous 1
sect titles 08/13/2010 02:07 AM CDT
Among the other posts, mention was made that the various sects had titles placed in there having to do with skills <spells> important to that particular sect.

trying to figure these out:

tez- - i would venture stalking, hiding, Tez veil spell, maybe a bit of stealing thrown in

monks of the crystal hand - clarify gem spell, brawling? evasion?

nomads - combat, possibly swim and climb?

g'nar peth- temebrous sense, perception?

compact - astrology?

fortune's pact- predictions counter?

heritage house - charisma?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 02:15 AM CDT
There are no spell reqs for sect titles.

Each sect has 1 title for joining, 2 prediction themed and 4 based off 2 factors important to the second. In all but one case these factors are a skill.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 10:41 AM CDT
Any idea what the requirements for Planeswalker are? Or is that a sect specific title - this is something I've wanted for years!
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 12:37 PM CDT
>Any idea what the requirements for Planeswalker are? Or is that a sect specific title - this is something I've wanted for years!

It's an "Ability" title, but I haven't seen anyone in Prime who has it.

If I had to guess what ability I could possibly be missing that is keeping Kougen from having it, it would be studying the last Grazhir shard, because I never bothered to learn Dor'na'Torna.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 12:41 PM CDT
No idea to tell you the truth, except I can tell you that its a title that requires a tremendous amount of skill, to the point that not a single mage I've looked at has the title.

Possibly over 1200+ in skills required to get it.

Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 01:14 PM CDT
>>If I had to guess what ability I could possibly be missing that is keeping Kougen from having it, it would be studying the last Grazhir shard, because I never bothered to learn Dor'na'Torna.

I never even took that into account whether or not people had all the shards mem'd.

Either way I've seen enough skills to say that it requires an great amount regardless.

Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 05:15 PM CDT
<<Possibly over 1200+ in skills required to get it.>>

I'll confirm that it's over 1200 in one skill and less than 1200 in another.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 06:28 PM CDT
>Each sect has 1 title for joining, 2 prediction themed and 4 based off 2 factors important to the second. In all but one case these factors are a skill.

I seem to have only 6 HH titles so there must be a hefty skill req on the 7th.

Artificer Nilassa
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 08:59 PM CDT

<<In all but one case these factors are a skill.

That wouldn't be Blind Prophet would it?

Circle 90 G'nar Pethian

The following titles of the Moonmage category are available to you:

Initiate Moon Mage, Apprentice Moon Mage, Journeyman Moon Mage, Moon Mage, Expert Moon Mage, Master Moon Mage, Grand Master Moon Mage, Stargazer, Medium, Contemplator, Mentalist, Mesmerist, Dreamer, Lunar Mage, Lunar Magician, Ascendant, Psychic, Dreamweaver, Illusionist, Novus, Occultist, Spectromancer, Puppet Master, Auspex, Enthraller, Astronomer, Lucky, Palm Reader, Austromancer, Chiromancer, Soothsayer, Luckbringer, Daydreamer, Augur, Fortuneteller, Visionist, Doomsayer, Dowser, Mystic, Predictor, Determinist, Diviner, Mantic, Seer, Pupil, Cold Reader, Meteorologist, Docent, Mathematician, Extrapolator, Philosopher, Geometer, Logarithmancer, Numinist, Sage, Logician, Fatalist, Duskwalker, Fade, Observer, Clairaudient, Clairvoyant, Discerner, Charlatan, Dissident, Mystic Blade, Telekinetic Warrior, Lightwielder, Mindflayer, Sliver Slinger, Hex, Displacer, Battlefield Scribe, Mystic Aegis, Geometric Warder, Spellbreaker, G'nar Pethian, Sightless, Garden Seeker, Lecanomancer, Traveler, Telepath, Hypnotist, Psionic, Witness, Astral Traveler, Transducer, Untethered

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Shield Usage: 263 57% clear (0/34) Leather Armor: 79 29% clear (0/34)
Light Chain: 249 06% clear (0/34) Heavy Chain: 194 40% clear (0/34)
Light Plate: 4 14% clear (0/34) Heavy Plate: 51 24% clear (0/34)
Cloth Armor: 21 91% clear (0/34) Bone Armor: 44 06% clear (0/34)
Parry Ability: 173 71% clear (0/34) Multi Opponent: 232 97% clear (0/34)
Light Edged: 74 91% clear (0/34) Medium Edged: 207 28% clear (0/34)
Heavy Edged: 163 59% clear (0/34) Twohanded Edged: 159 14% clear (0/34)
Light Blunt: 111 47% clear (0/34) Medium Blunt: 174 84% clear (0/34)
Heavy Blunt: 135 01% clear (0/34) Twohanded Blunt: 100 12% clear (0/34)
Slings: 24 10% clear (0/34) Staff Sling: 17 17% clear (0/34)
Short Bow: 65 41% clear (0/34) Long Bow: 55 56% clear (0/34)
Composite Bow: 62 05% clear (0/34) Light Crossbow: 89 67% clear (0/34)
Heavy Crossbow: 22 50% clear (0/34) Short Staff: 20 14% clear (0/34)
Quarter Staff: 68 40% clear (0/34) Pikes: 69 37% clear (0/34)
Halberds: 114 68% clear (0/34) Light Thrown: 128 70% clear (0/34)
Heavy Thrown: 91 21% clear (0/34) Brawling: 179 10% clear (0/34)
Offhand Weapon: 11 71% clear (0/34) Lunar Magic: 536 35% examining (13/34)
Harness Ability: 564 89% intrigued (16/34) Power Perceive: 540 63% dabbling (1/34)
Arcana: 477 36% examining (13/34) Targeted Magic: 267 98% clear (0/34)
Evasion: 246 69% clear (0/34) Climbing: 185 02% understanding (14/34)
Perception: 273 93% clear (0/34) Hiding: 204 68% clear (0/34)
Lockpicking: 166 51% clear (0/34) Disarm Traps: 163 78% clear (0/34)
Stalking: 192 90% clear (0/34) Stealing: 166 87% clear (0/34)
First Aid: 185 77% very focused (21/34) Foraging: 257 47% clear (0/34)
Escaping: 68 48% clear (0/34) Skinning: 152 92% clear (0/34)
Swimming: 98 83% clear (0/34) Scholarship: 322 23% clear (0/34)
Mechanical Lore: 217 98% clear (0/34) Appraisal: 268 24% clear (0/34)
Teaching: 236 41% clear (0/34) Animal Lore: 10 23% clear (0/34)
Percussions: 18 74% clear (0/34) Strings: 16 72% clear (0/34)
Winds: 11 20% clear (0/34) Vocals: 118 36% clear (0/34)
Astrology: 301 53% clear (0/34)
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 10:27 PM CDT
Lesse:
Planeswalker - as Solomon said, 2 skills. One above 1200 one below. It's arguably the most obscene non-TF only title for reqs. Otherwise it only reqs the ability to use the Astral Plane. I dunno if anyone in prime has it (I doubt it) but some TFers do.

Final Sect Titles (5th tier) - Yes. Hefty is a good word for it. Not nearly as obscene as say, Planeswalker or the Alda's, but among the hardest titles otherwise. For what it's worth the final HH one is "Accord Keeper".

Blind Prophet - No. I mean for all but one sect it is two skills. For one sect it's a skill + something else. Blind Prophet is the 4th tier Pethian title.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 10:34 PM CDT
okay, anyone care to fill in the blanks, or correct if any of these are incorrect?

Celestian:
Celestian
politician
Advisor
Horoscopist

Crystal Hand:
Sophister
Monk
Ascetic
Crystomancer

Fortune's Path
Fateweaver
Gambler
Cartomancer
Unbound

Gn'ar Peth:
G'nar Pethian
Sightless
Garden Seeker
Lecanomancer
Blind Prophet

Nomad:
Nomad
Spiritualist
Animist
Ossomancer
Winddancer

Progeny:
Tezarite
Tenebrous
Shadowmancer
Cryptomancer
Entroptomancer

Heritage House:
Heritage Keeper
Archivist
Proctor
Gestalt
Bibliomancer
Accord Keeper

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: sect titles 08/13/2010 11:11 PM CDT
If you're trying to sort the tiers you've got some -mancer (prediction) based titles blended in.

Also not sure why Wind Dancer is there. That's a Ranger title. If it is it's some sort of bug I need to track down.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 04:51 AM CDT
Tezirites need a little less -mancer titles, as much as I enjoy seeing mancer added to every word, I always saw them as a 'darker' Celestian group. Mostly in terms of philosophical and moral motivations. I guess we won't be seeing a "Sorcerer" title anytime soon, will we?
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 05:33 AM CDT
This is what I have for sect titles, unfortunately there is a huge lack of Fortune's Path or Nomads of the Arid Steppe.

Celestial Compact-
Celestian, Politician, Advisor, Academic, Grazhirean, Horoscopist, Genethlialogist

Progeny of Tezirah-
Tezirite, Tenebrous, Shadowmancer, Umbromancer, Enoptromancer, Cryptomancer, Master/Mistress of Shadow

Heritage House-
Heritage Keeper, Archivist, Proctor, Bibliomancer, Accord Keeper

Prophets of G'nar Peth-
G'nar Pethian, Sightless, Garden Seeker, Blind Prophet, Lecanomancer, Chaomancer

Gypsies of Fortune's Path-
Fateweaver, Gambler, Cartomancer, Astraglomancer, Unbound

Nomads of the Arid Steppe-
Nomad, Spiritualist, Animist, Ossomancer

Monks of the Crystal Hand-
Sophister, Monk, Ascetic, Crystal Soul, Crystallomancer, Photomancer

Recap:
titles known-
Compact- 7/7
Progeny - 7/7
Crystal hand - 6/7
Prophets - 6/7
HH- 5/7
Fortune's Path - 5/7
Nomads- 4/7

Odd note, I can't confirm it but I think Unbound requirements are either tricky or tougher than what they use to be. I have a severe lack of FP to really say though.

Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 05:43 AM CDT
>>Tezirites need a little less -mancer titles, as much as I enjoy seeing mancer added to every word, I always saw them as a 'darker' Celestian group. Mostly in terms of philosophical and moral motivations. I guess we won't be seeing a "Sorcerer" title anytime soon, will we?

Kinda, bad misconception with Tezirites. Umbromancer and Shadowmancer mean the same thing, but its not a bad thing. Shadowmancer is a pre-existing sect title, fyi(back when there was only two).

Tezirites, pride themselves not in their political power but in their ability to manipulate shadows deeming themselves Shadow Artisans(which wouldn't be a bad sect title). Its just that their expertise at manipulation as lends itself well to manipulating people as well.

For the progeny, political might is a survival skill.

Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 07:13 AM CDT
Every sect got two -mancer titles that had to do with divination (thus: Umbramancer). However Tezzies had the preexisting title of Shadowmancer (Meaning a magician who focused on shadows) which isn't actually a divination title.

As for Fortune's Path - as mentioned the particular reqs I chose for those titles are likely too hard right now (not in numbers but in specific skills involved) and it's something I'm going to consider fixing when I give everything another pass in a few months to account for the skill mergers.

Finally there will be no Sorcerer title (Even so that particular title would be a more generic title) until after the skill merger. I had a number of Sorcery based titles prepared but they were not included with this release since the skill wasn't ready yet. That's another thing I plan to revisit in the future.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 08:03 AM CDT
>Planeswalker - as Solomon said, 2 skills. One above 1200 one below. It's arguably the most obscene non-TF only title for reqs.

Worse than Orcris a Ilet Epato Sarbu?

>Politician, Advisor, Academic, Grazhirean

The Compact titles sound mostly Lore-ish, I'm guessing Scholarship is one of the requirements, which would make a "mere" 750 enough for all of them. I have no clue what a Grazhirean(5th tier) is even supposed to be, though.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 08:04 AM CDT
Wasn't Windancer a tribal affiliation?
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 08:18 AM CDT
Yeah Winddancer might be an old tribal title coming through oddly (I haven't set those up yet since they're a different system).

>>Orcris a Ilet Epato Sarbu vs Planeswalker.

Orcris is a little harder.

>>no clue what a Grazhirean(5th tier) is even supposed to be, though.

A title request. Sorta think "Someone who's risen above or to a new category" compared to the usual three moon break down of Compactors.

>>The Compact titles sound mostly Lore-ish, I'm guessing Scholarship is one of the requirements, which would make a "mere" 750 enough for all of them.

This is a correct statement, though the exact value is a little high.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 08:34 AM CDT
>>>>Orcris a Ilet Epato Sarbu

What language is this?
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 09:00 AM CDT
>A title request. Sorta think "Someone who's risen above or to a new category" compared to the usual three moon break down of Compactors.

That works. I thought it might have something to do with the Assemblies, but I was sure I'd never seen it before.

>>Orcris a Ilet Epato Sarbu
>What language is this?

It's Gerenshuge (Elothean) for "Master/Mistress of the Four Moons"

~ Kougen

Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 09:09 AM CDT
Anyone have ideas on what the last monk title needs?

__
* Sahfra was just struck down!
Tachid smugly says, "I'm telling Lyras. We should replace you.
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 12:51 PM CDT
Lucky, Palm Reader, Austromancer, Chiromancer, Soothsayer, Luckbringer,

Fairly sure Luckbringer is a Fortune's path sect title. Not sure about the others.
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 01:01 PM CDT
>Lucky, Palm Reader, Austromancer, Chiromancer, Soothsayer, Luckbringer,
>Fairly sure Luckbringer is a Fortune's path sect title. Not sure about the others.

These are the entry-level "Prediction" titles.

~ Kougen

Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 01:10 PM CDT
Ah, if only my moon mage's father still played... He could be Chiromancer Chiromancy Silverbeam! He probably wouldn't - but he could.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 02:06 PM CDT
>>Tezirites, pride themselves not in their political power but in their ability to manipulate shadows deeming themselves Shadow Artisans(which wouldn't be a bad sect title). Its just that their expertise at manipulation as lends itself well to manipulating people as well.

For the progeny, political might is a survival skill.<<

I'm not so sure on this, game lore seems to lead that it's a balanced mix between Shadow Artistry and Magic as well as political motivations. Taking from the "Study of the Progney of Tezirah":

>>The newer group led by Crowther renamed themselves the "Progeny of Tezirah" after the fallen leader who had started the sect originally, and presented itself to be most respectable. They quickly gained a reputation for impressive displays of magic and foresight, and to this day maintain a sound political presence in Ilithi. Despite the rumor mill, it is small wonder that these mages were asked to take part in the First Magical Congress and shortly thereafter became one of the keystones of our Guild. <<

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Book:HafSPT
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 02:14 PM CDT
Well so much for that idea
Re: sect titles 08/14/2010 11:54 PM CDT
I just logged in my moon mage for the first time in a while and I no longer have Ascetic.

What are the new requirements, and why exactly is it necessary for there to be new requirements?

>>>Orcris a Ilet Epato Sarbu
>>What language is this?
>It's Gerenshuge (Elothean) for "Master/Mistress of the Four Moons"

Eventually someone will have to decide how prepositions are going to work in Gerenshuge, because right now "something a something", "something a'something", and "something something'a" all exist in various parts of the game.
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 12:18 AM CDT
>>What are the new requirements, and why exactly is it necessary for there to be new requirements?

In the case of sect titles - Because there was a desire to move them away from a purely circle based requirement. The old 70th circle sect titles are the "Third" tier in the new system (of five) and assuming you're training in a way your sect would generally care about will likely occur before 70th actually. This will make more sense in the future.

>>Gerenshuge grammar

Yeah. It was one of the earlier languages and as such, one of the less developed ones. Questions like yours are the result.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 12:32 AM CDT
>>The old 70th circle sect titles are the "Third" tier in the new system (of five) and assuming you're training in a way your sect would generally care about will likely occur before 70th actually.

Thank you for the response. Are you able to reveal anything more about the Crystal Hand, however?

The hooded monk: "Though our studies focus on the arts of magic and war, the Sophisters within these halls discuss and contemplate philosophy moreso than any other point of study. It is through seeking the eternal truths we shall find enlightenment."

To me, this means Scholarship, and I think I have plenty for my circle, yet I do not have Ascetic. Magic and war are also mentioned, and I have plenty of magic. However, as far as I know, "war" requirements would not be relevant to "ascetic", so I do not know what I am supposed to train to get my title back.
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 12:37 AM CDT
I would suggest not throwing away the war category so quickly

Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 12:46 AM CDT
Alright - there's enough confusion here on sect titles I'll give you all a little nudge. They were designed with some future projects in mind, but without those in place I can understand how people would feel a little lost in figuring out what the sects want.

Compact - While they are political creatures most skills don't reflect this very well. As such the titles reflect their more research oriented nature.

Monk - The only sect not based on a two skill model, their requirements focus on self improvement and understanding the true nature of things.

Fortune's Path - The requirements here are focused on their relationship with Fate. As mentioned these are the reqs I feel are most likely to change when I do a review for the skill combine, but generally it focuses on their tendency to be where Fate wants them and not where Fate does not. If that makes any sense at all.

Pethian - The Pethian focus is, as may be expected, on sight and understanding truths that others might not.

Nomad - The emphasis here is on their nature as hunters. Hint: Not a weapon requirement.

Tezirah - Emphasis on their nature as masters of shadow and darkness as opposed to their political nature (since much like the compact political nature is kind of hard to define).

Heritage - They're book junkies. What can I say?

Honestly, I think all but the FP ones should be easy to pin down. If that one continues to be elusive I'll elaborate.

Anyhow - I'm suppose to be on vacation and today was a stupid long day and the morning comes soon, so that's all you're getting out of me tonight.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 12:56 AM CDT
>>Monk - The only sect not based on a two skill model, their requirements focus on self improvement and understanding the true nature of things.

I do not have any idea at all what this means as far as skills, but maybe someone else will. Thanks for the post.
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 02:07 AM CDT
>>>>Monk - The only sect not based on a two skill model, their requirements focus on self improvement and understanding the true nature of things.

>>I do not have any idea at all what this means as far as skills, but maybe someone else will. Thanks for the post.

I'm guessing for Monk it's perception and discipline.
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 06:43 AM CDT
monks - appraisal possibly? or perception/power perception?

and skinning for nomads?

Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 07:00 AM CDT
Half right.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 07:04 AM CDT
My response was not to Gonif. Boo ninja reply.

Half of Gonif's guesses are also right.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 07:41 AM CDT
>>Half of Gonif's guesses are also right.

Discipline and Appraisal?

>>Fortune's Path - The requirements here are focused on their relationship with Fate. As mentioned these are the reqs I feel are most likely to change when I do a review for the skill combine, but generally it focuses on their tendency to be where Fate wants them and not where Fate does not. If that makes any sense at all.

Hrmmm....Astrology and something else?

Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 07:44 AM CDT
Only one sect uses Astro. I tried to avoid doubling up reqs between the sects (And basically all of them could justify Astrology) though replications happen. Nomads and Pethians, Pethians and Monks, HH and CC all share a skill.

-Raesh
Re: sect titles 08/15/2010 07:55 AM CDT
>Only one sect uses Astro.
>HH and CC all share a skill.

I would expect Compact to be the Astrology sect and share Scholarship with HH.

Either that or Arcana (magical scholarship), if FP took Astrology.

~ Kougen

Prev_page Previous 1