Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 01:38 AM CDT
<<Traders have no reason to learn magic. Barbarians have no reason to learn scholarship.>>

while i have no comment on the first, there are barbarian titles that have a scholarship requirement. granted they are low compared to lore secondary and primary guild stuff, but they are there:

sapper 150 multi, 75 scholar
battle eye 200 multi, 100 scholar
besieger 225 multi, 120 scholar
battle planner 250 multi, 125 scholar
battle artist 300 multi, 150 scholar
siege artist 350 multi, 175 scholar
battle lord 400 multi, 200 scholar.

"System Announcement: The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart. Please consider it. Hugs and kisses, Team Necro."
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 01:43 AM CDT
I stand corrected.

However we do at least have Mystic Blade.

Not sure what it's preqs are... but I don't have it, and my top weapon is only 130.
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 01:51 AM CDT
>>ot sure what it's preqs are... but I don't have it, and my top weapon is only 130.

I think it's 200 weapon.

~Nitish

>open my sack
It would be a shame to disturb the silence of this place for that.
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 02:16 AM CDT
I'll have to chime in here and agree with Nitish.

Our lack of titles is pretty disappointing, especially in the combat catagory. Many moon mage players choose to go that route instead of pure scholar or fortuneteller, and throwing us a bone with titles really isn't asking for much.

Also, if we look at warrior mages as a precedent, they've several titles that require ranks in survival skills, which are tertiary for them.

---
Player of Kryeus Kyshi'cio
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 08:22 AM CDT
Clerics have several Titles with survival requirements, what's the beef with Moon mage titles and armor/weapon reqs?

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 08:55 AM CDT
Well, that's what we'd like to know. I've known several past moon mages who were combat oriented and I myself have just started a new moon mage and she's combat oriented herself. Her top 4 survivals are trained while in combat... evasion, hiding, stalking and skinning. Shield, armor and evasion are all on par with each other with parry and weapon very close behind them. It'd be nice if we could have titles that reflect this like Nitish has been saying.
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 11:50 AM CDT
>>Clerics have several Titles with survival requirements, what's the beef with Moon mage titles and armor/weapon reqs?

Pfft, everyone knows if Moonmages got combat titles we'd be OP then.

Seriously though, i'm always surprised when a friend shows me the guild titles they get for their guild. It's like double the amount of what we get. Alot of Moonmages actually train their combats so it'd be nice if it was recognized with some cool titles that come before Y'Shai Aspirant.
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 02:20 PM CDT
>Alda Remoren

Someone in TF has this title. I never asked what she thought the reqs were because I assumed it was a sect title. I'd guess the reqs are just really high lore, but I don't know. The character that has the title just sits around teaching and casting 24/7.

For what it's worth, I don't have any of the super titles with these skills:

Showing all skills at or above rank 400.

Shield Usage683Leather Armor554
Light Chain597Heavy Chain549
Cloth Armor459Bone Armor463
Parry Ability550Multi Opponent557
Light Edged422Twohanded Edged415
Short Bow414Halberds416
Light Thrown504Heavy Thrown425
Brawling537Offhand Weapon402
Primary Magic1510Harness Ability1521
Power Perceive1281Magical Devices1071
Targeted Magic775Evasion679
Climbing423Perception834
Hiding728Stalking749
First Aid517Foraging424
Escaping431Skinning681
Scholarship977Mechanical Lore584
Appraisal560Teaching877
Vocals770Astrology823

The following titles of the Astrology category are available to you:

Palm Reader, Fortuneteller, Doomsayer, Predictor, Determinist, Diviner, Docent, Mystic, Seer, Philosopher, Mentalist, Psychic, Dreamer, Meteorologist, Enchanter, Numinist, Clairaudient, Clairvoyant, Sage, Prophet, Cosmologist, Omen Speaker, Far Seer, Psionic, Harbinger

The following titles of the Moonmage category are available to you:

Initiate Moon Mage, Apprentice Moon Mage, Journeyman Moon Mage, Moon Mage, Expert Moon Mage, Master Moon Mage, Grand Master Moon Mage, Legendary Moon Mage, Transcendent Moon Mage, Soothsayer, Augur, Contemplator, Hypnotist, Traveler, Visionist, Mesmerist, Medium, Ascendant, Telepath, Illusionist, Novus, Fatebound, Fatalist, Auspex, Enthraller, Lunarian, Astronomer, Astrologist, Stargazer, Transcendent, Lightcrafter, Shadebringer, Luminary, Occultist, Mystic Artisan, Artificer, Mathematician, Geometer, Dissident, Mystic Blade, Hex, Fate Reaver, Darkling

I'd love to know what skills to focus on for the other titles...
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 02:42 PM CDT
Off the top of my head:

Alda Remoran:
Ton of magic, quadruple digit Scholarship.

Alda Pelan:
Ton of magic, quadruple digit Astrology. Huge prediction counter.

Y'Shai Aspirant:
~800 in Highest Weapon and Highest Armor. Must know Moonblade.

Goldcap Aspirant:
~800 Hiding and Stalking. Must know Refractive Field.

-Armifer
<Kvlt> Step 1: Want stuff! Step 2: Be ambitious! Step 3: Believe in the ability of your fellow man to carry you to heights you are too incompetent to reach alone.
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 02:52 PM CDT
Thanks! That's more then you'd given out before.

Somehow I'd figured that Alda Pelan and Alda Remoran had the same reqs... guess we know which one is easier.

... of course now Alda Pelan is my long term goal. Boo.
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 03:01 PM CDT
>>Somehow I'd figured that Alda Pelan and Alda Remoran had the same reqs... guess we know which one is easier.

"Fate's Enemy" explicitly has no Astrology requirement, only knowledge.
"Fate's Servant" explicitly has no Scholarship requirement, only mysticism.

-Armifer
<Kvlt> Step 1: Want stuff! Step 2: Be ambitious! Step 3: Believe in the ability of your fellow man to carry you to heights you are too incompetent to reach alone.
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 03:11 PM CDT
Thanks for the clarification Armifer. Looks like you're close JMF.
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 03:29 PM CDT
>Thanks for the clarification Armifer. Looks like you're close JMF.

Indeed. Given the way I've been training, I'll probably hit Goldcap Aspirant first. Y'Shai Aspirant and Alda Pelan seem like they'll be a long ways off. I barely have the prediction count required for Harbinger.

Could tools be made to increase the prediction counter? Pretty please?
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 03:35 PM CDT
You recall approx what the prediction req was for Harbinger (And any others)? I haven't worked visions seriously since before the current prediction system and had enough for Omen Speaker... wondering if I'll have enough for Harbinger but I don't see myself meeting that 1000 PP req anytime soon...
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 03:45 PM CDT
>>Could tools be made to increase the prediction counter? Pretty please?

Yup. More information about Brave New Prediction will come filtering in post-Simucon.

-Armifer
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 07:47 PM CDT
Sadly non retroactive (I'm sure) :(

Either way, glad to hear that's coming - it's a change that's been due since before the current prediction system.

When is Mozzik posting his simucon notes already? Oh... wait. What moon mages are there so I can start hitting them with sticks?
Re: Titles... 06/27/2009 08:42 PM CDT
Miir from prime is there, and plays a moon mage in TF. I haven't heard anything from him yet though.
Crazed Titles 07/29/2009 09:11 AM CDT
Can we get some titles that reflect a little bit of craziness please?

Lunatic
Deranged
Mad
Crazy/Crazed
Unhinged
Cuckoo
Irrational
Kook
Crackpot
Psychopath
Maniac
Nutcase
Loony
Insane
Unbalanced
Schizoid
Mental
Sick

No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
Re: Crazed Titles 07/29/2009 11:18 AM CDT
I thought these were implied with your guild?

-Stayn
Re: Crazed Titles 07/29/2009 11:26 AM CDT
>>I thought these were implied with your guild?

Couldn't you say that with most guild titles?

No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
Re: Crazed Titles 07/29/2009 11:35 AM CDT
Pretty much covered with G'nar Pethian.

But seriously, I'm all for new titles. :)

- George, Player of Foresee
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page