Dance for the Spirits - Part 3 05/13/2020 07:48 PM CDT

LOG of Dance for the Spirits Part III, Trabe Plateau, May 12, 2020 at 9:30 PM

[Trabe Plateau, The Spire]

An enormous spire of silvery-blue crystal rises from the center of plateau, dozens of feet across and hundreds of feet straight into the air. Walkways connect the spire at various heights to crystalline structures to the north and south, while a broken spur juts out into the air to the west. The entire construct glows with an inner luminescence, casting the barren ground in blue light.

You also see a crystalline arch.

Also here: Researcher Eyst, Medium Ferasha who is sitting, Mazrian who has a fiery visage, Inspector Saedrith who is sheathed in an aura of crackling electricity, Vision Sage Miskton, Starlight Titan Rafano, Winter's Fang Zefkhyr, Wind Listener Aaoskar, Biomancer Karthor, Aerialist Emyrose, Professor Blysse, Inquisitor Rifkinn, Grand Master Cleric Nicolet who is emanating a bright holy aura, Lore Keeper Broichan, Valta Varna Mistanna who is being harassed by an intrigue of phantasmal kittens, Arcane Warrior Briaen, Samton who is sitting, Carnage Darling Dantia, Daeryean, Hodierna's Fist Kaelie, Fauna Sage Shaylynne who is encircled by ethereal phofe flowers, Flora Sage Allye who is fringed by a sprinkle of blinking fireflies and Pupil Lenaea.

Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Nomad Quentiana just arrived.

Samton raises his head skyward, chanting.

Broichan whispers something to Zefkhyr.

Aaoskar praises Quentiana.

Ferasha nods to Dantia.

Ferasha blushes a bright red color.

Kaelie takes a deep breath, looking serene and determined.

Rafano nods politely to Quentiana.

Mistanna gives Quentiana a courteous nod.

Daeryean bows her head and chants a psalm.

Broichan winks at Zefkhyr.

Miskton nods politely to Quentiana.

Ferasha shivers briefly as wounds and traces of battle abruptly vanish from her body.

Quentiana nods to Aaoskar.

Quentiana nods to Rafano.

Kaelie nods to Quentiana.

Quentiana nods to Miskton.

Mazrian rubs Kaelie's back.

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "That is for the Immortals to decide."

Dantia curtsies to Ferasha.

Dantia nods to Quentiana.

Aaoskar says, "Welcome, Quentiana. It is good that you could make it."

Quentiana says, "So many of you."

Quentiana smiles.

Dantia smiles at Ferasha.

Emyrose says to Rifkinn, "And not you. I think that is a good point. Perhaps you should not try to judge then."

Flickering russet radiance erupts from seemingly nowhere, forming a jagged rift in the air. Perune steps out from within the light, followed by a gust of chill winds. The rift vanishes as swiftly as it appeared.

Nicolet bows to Blysse.

Dantia shakes her head at Ferasha.

Miskton nods politely to Perune.

Karthor snaps to attention and hails Felicini with a crisp hand salute.

Perune nods to Miskton.

Felicini hugs Shaylynne, who wraps her arms around Felicini with a warm smile.

Allye beams at Shaylynne!

Dantia smiles at Ferasha.

Yavash slowly rises above the horizon.

Felicini hugs Allye, getting a smile in return.

Blysse nods to Nicolet.

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "The temple has judged them."

Kaelie whispers something to Mazrian.

Ferasha blinks in surprise as she studies her celestial charts.

Quentiana says, "And there rises Yavash."

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "Last i heard, Mother Tallis has not changed her opinion on those things."

Mazrian whispers something to Kaelie.

Briaen rolls the end of his prayer sash into a tight tube and then releases it.

Felicini hugs Mistanna, who wraps her arms around Felicini with a warm smile.

Zefkhyr says to Rifkinn, "Perhaps you should take your conversation elsewhere if you wish to continue it so as to not interupt the event you are a guest at."

Emyrose says to Rifkinn, "I thought you said the Gods? They are not always the same thing. When a God comes to tells me that there is no place for redemption, then perhaps I shall listen."

Zefkhyr glances at Quentiana.

Quentiana says, "The time approaches. We will wait a few moments more."

Ferasha glances at Emyrose.

Rifkinn asks Zefkhyr, "Has the event started?"

Emyrose raises an eyebrow in Ferasha's direction.

Rifkinn asks Zefkhyr, "Or do you demand silence?"

Karthor smiles.

Rifkinn observes Zefkhyr with fascination.

Mistanna nods to Aaoskar.

Zefkhyr says, "I demand nothing. I just point out perhaps you should give QUentiana the floor and respect of a visitor instead of your babble that has already seen you recently evicted."

Ferasha winces.

Rafano chuckles.

Ferasha raises her arm skyward, chanting.

With amazing speed, Rifkinn strikes Zefkhyr in the throat with the edge of his flattened palm. Zefkhyr clutches his throat, wheezing pathetically.

Saedrith winces.

Quentiana quickly exclaims, "Peace! Peace!"

Rifkinn says to Quentiana, "When you are ready to start i will listen."

Mistanna frowns at Rifkinn.

Rifkinn nods to Quentiana.

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "Now as i was saying."

Emyrose glances at Rifkinn.

Dantia inhales a great swallow of air.

Dantia slowly empties her lungs.

Quentiana says, "Peace is the way of the True Kir. We should seek peace this night."

Broichan mutters something into the air about such maturity.

Ferasha smiles at Aaoskar.

Zefkhyr nods at Quentiana, obviously agreeing with her views.

Emyrose says to Rifkinn, "We can have this conversation another time, when it will not bother everyone else."

Ruven says, "Thank ya."

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "No change in that Ilk has been observed from the Temple."

Aaoskar peers through the Moongate.

Rifkinn says to Emyrose, "If you wish."

Emyrose smiles at Aashja.

Aashja hugs Nicolet, getting a smile in return.

Rifkinn nods to Emyrose.

Blysse whispers something to Rifkinn.

Quentiana says, "The moons are high above us. Let us begin. Aaoskar has some words first."

Aaoskar bows to Quentiana.

Zefkhyr gazes up at the sky.

Allye glances up at the sky.

Aaoskar says, "Thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak, Shaman Quentiana."

Women and men of the Arid Steppe begin to congregate, gathering together in a show of unity as they observe the ongoing activities.

Ferasha gazes ponderously at her charts.

Ferasha blinks.

Aashja beams at Nicolet!

Aaoskar says, "As many of you know, we have been preparing for this day for quite some time. We have discussed many theories, including how the Naming Ritual harms the Plane of Probability and Shadow Creatures by binding Infinite Probability into Finitude. And we discussed a Theory of Dreams and how the unconscious mind shapes the microcosm and causes Extra Planar creatures to despise us."

Mazrian gazes about his surroundings as if following unseen currents.

Mazrian inhales sharply. Though there is no apparent physical change to him, he seems more aloof.

Aaoskar gulps.

Ruven leans back against Aashja with a loving smile.

Aaoskar says, "It is easy to get lost in the theories. But we will not be discussing theories tonight. I just want to lay out some observations."

Dantia gives a slight nod.

Saedrith takes a seat.

Lenaea nods to Aaoskar.

Aaoskar says, "Observation 1. The Researcher in Throne City tells us that the pillars in the Microcosm are constructs. He explains that they are vast perversions of the nature of the Microcosm, that our arrogance and unconscious manipulation warps the very fabric of a plane, and that we need only look at the pillars to understand why extraplanar beings rage at us."

Aashja nods in agreement.

Zefkhyr raises an eyebrow.

Aaoskar says, "Observation 2. Beings from the Plane of Probability do rage at us. Those of us who succeeded in initiating contact with these extraplanar beings did not have pleasant conversations. In fact, most of the time, if the Beings spoke at all, it was to scream Defiler at us before launching an attack."

Aaoskar says, "Observation 3. And this is the important one. There are some in our guild who have what looks to be neutral, or even good relationships with the extraplanar beings."

Ferasha glances at Briaen.

Aaoskar says, "I am willing to admit that my previous attempts - no - our previous attempts to speak with probabilistic beings were misguided failures . That is why I am here tonight. To learn how to let go. To learn how to listen."

Broichan gazes about, drinking in his surroundings.

Aaoskar nods to Quentiana.

Ferasha whispers something to Briaen.

Ferasha chews on her lip, looking deep in concentration.

Quentiana nods.

Quentiana says to Aaoskar, "Thank you. And take that bloody sack of yours off."

Rafano gets a clear tessera from inside his thigh quiver.

Aaoskar blushes, the tips of his ears turning a deep shade of red.

Rafano's clear tessera suddenly frosts over, twinkling brightly.

Aaoskar takes a white leather sack for gathered souls with a midnight blue xibarite clasp off from around his waist.

Ferasha looks at Aaoskar, obviously trying not to grin.

Dantia whispers something to Rafano.

Quentiana squints.

Aaoskar says, "My apologies."

Quentiana nods.

Quentiana says, "I am a member of the People, who you call in your tongue the Tribes, or the Nomads of the Arid Steppe. We are Moon Mages and shamans. This windswept plateau is our home."

[Trabe Plateau, The Spire]

An enormous spire of silvery-blue crystal rises from the center of plateau, dozens of feet across and hundreds of feet straight into the air. Walkways connect the spire at various heights to crystalline structures to the north and south, while a broken spur juts out into the air to the west. The entire construct glows with an inner luminescence, casting the barren ground in blue light.

You also see a loose gathering of the People representing a variety of traditions and ancestry and a crystalline arch.

Also here: Wind Listener Aaoskar, Inquisitor Rifkinn, Parched Aashja, Man of the House Ruven, Medium Ferasha who is sitting, Perune who has a stony visage, Totally Befuddled Felicini who is surrounded by a corona of fiery light, Nomad Quentiana, Researcher Eyst, Mazrian who has a stony visage, Inspector Saedrith who is sitting, Vision Sage Miskton, Starlight Titan Rafano, Winter's Fang Zefkhyr, Biomancer Karthor, Aerialist Emyrose, Professor Blysse, Grand Master Cleric Nicolet who is emanating a bright holy aura, Lore Keeper Broichan, Valta Varna Mistanna who is being harassed by an intrigue of phantasmal kittens, Arcane Warrior Briaen, Samton who is sitting, Carnage Darling Dantia, Daeryean, Hodierna's Fist Kaelie, Fauna Sage Shaylynne who is encircled by ethereal phofe flowers, Flora Sage Allye who is fringed by a sprinkle of blinking fireflies and Pupil Lenaea.

Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Rafano whispers something to Dantia.

Ferasha observes Quentiana with fascination.

One of the gathered nomads says sternly, "We have come to bear witness to the efforts of the outside shaman."

Quentiana says, "You can find written accounts of our long and violent history in your libraries easily enough. What you need to know, though, is that our ritual, our visions, and our peace with the Spirits of our ancestors makes us who we are. The Spirits connect us to Fate."

One of the gathered nomads says sternly, "The People will tell tales of your work. We will speak life into the truth of whether or not it honors our ancestors."

Ferasha rubs her hands together.

Quentiana nods.

The gathered nomads stare forward silently... and expectantly.

Quentiana says, "I invited you to come here to learn some of our methods so that you, too, can be at peace, and so that you can learn to listen instead of making demands. Through drums, dance, and smoke, we will lay bare our minds and hearts to whatever message the Spirits would tell us."

Quentiana rigidly says, "But I must warn you, the Spirits are in pain."

Quentiana says, "When last we gathered to discuss our plans, I felt the eyes of the Spirits upon me, skeptical that I remember the way to cleanse my mind of desire. I performed the dance of the Oshu Sarhhtha, the same dance that will be performed tonight. The Spirits overcame me as I danced. I fell into a trance."

Quentiana says, "I found myself alone on the barren plain, stretching in solitude as vast as the eye can see. The heavy wind of the spring evening sent chills radiating across my skin. I became aware of the presence of the spirits of mountains and rivers, whispering, calling to me, embracing my being, and welcoming me home to the Steppe, my gaze shifting to the Spire you see in front of you now."

Dantia observes Quentiana with fascination.

Miskton gets a worn leather astronomer's journal from inside his scholar's valise.

Quentiana says, "Apprehension tingled across my skin. I became acutely aware that thousands of beings formed from starlight and shadow watched me with interest, their formless faces surrounding me. They watched me, and I could feel their raw suffering and their distrust. And then they spoke."

Miskton releases the clasp on his astronomer's journal and opens it.

Quentiana says, "Words formed on the wind. They said, "You have our attention, Shaman. You must earn our trust."

Quentiana says, "As I lay stunned, prostrate, the Spirits spoke to all who had gathered at the Spire. The hum of their many voices and the heaviness of their unimaginable sorrow was carried on a cold wind that snapped over the plateau. Their emotion, and their direct attention, were felt deeply by all who were present. And then they were gone."

Quentiana gazes up at the sky.

Rafano nods to Quentiana.

Quentiana says, "Then, the Spirits appeared in a vision for all Moon Mages in Elanthia. We saw a large crystalline Spire. Howling winds accompanied the call of thousands of whispers, as formless fragments of starlight and shadow coalesced from emptiness, rippling in waves resembling states of consciousness. Spirits assembled, speaking in incoherent tongues, slowly circling the Spire as it shattered. Cracks revealed myriad shattered futures, rent from their point of origin and twisted outward into a web woven from waxing ethereal threads, branching outward to resemble a tree."

Quentiana says, "Two moons stood full, keeping watch above this newly-grown structure, as the din of whispers turned to silence, awaiting us to water its roots."

Quentiana traces an outline around an intricately carved ivory fetish charm set against an obsidian disk.

Quentiana says, "We gather here tonight, as Katamba and Yavash gaze down upon us, when perception magic is at its height, so that together we may learn to accept Fate, not take it. We are here to water the roots of prophecy--our connection to the Spirits, but first we must earn their trust."

Flickering brown radiance erupts from seemingly nowhere, forming a jagged rift in the air. Mirajane steps out from within the light, followed by a gust of chill winds. The rift vanishes as swiftly as it appeared.

Mirajane smiles.

Mirajane nods to Aaoskar.

Quentiana waves her hand distractedly.

Quentiana says, "Let us waste no more moonlight with talk. I will briefly explain the ritual and then we will set to our task. This ritual requires discipline and a pure heart as I explain, please search yourself to decide whether you are ready. But fear not, even if you do not wish to perform the ritual you may help us find the rhythm of the dance by playing the drums."

Mirajane dreamily says, "Thank you."

Ferasha fixes Quentiana with a frank, even stare.

Ferasha breathes in slightly.

Quentiana says, "As was said before, we gather tonight to release the shackles of the mind. In freeing ourselves from desire, both known and unknown, we will seek to become one with the Spirits that surround us. We will open our minds and hearts to the Spirits."

Quentiana says, "We will engage in a series of actions to clear the mind, then the dance of the Oshu Sarhhtha will be performed. Moon Mages are most encouraged to participate because of their innate connection to probability, however, any of you here may join in the ritual."

Quentiana says, "We will quicken the senses, acknowledge each in turn, and then release our thought, memory, and attachment to our senses."

Quentiana says, "First, we will taste tea made from oshu mary bark. It is said that the tea made from this bark simulates the journey the spirit makes when the physical body dies. The tea is quite potent and has been used, or rather mis-used, by some to pursue things that are best left alone."

Ferasha chews on her fingertips.

Quentiana glances at Aaoskar.

Ferasha gazes intently into her sanowret crystal, and scintillating sparks of light dance across its surface.

Aaoskar blushes, the tips of his ears turning a deep shade of red.

Quentiana says, "Next, we will gaze upon the majesty of the stars above. Moon mages are encouraged to observe the constellations for portents or insight into the future. They should not predict the future, but rather, should be ready to sacrifice their glimpses of prophecy to the Spirits."

Aaoskar coughs.

Rafano grins at Aaoskar.

Ferasha cocks her head at Aaoskar.

Quentiana says, "We will feel the heat of the fire and the earth beneath our feet, then we will smell the smoke of burning incense. Lastly, we will listen to the beating drums, matching the cadence of the rhythm with our hearts. Then we will focus on the emptiness, blocking out the physical world so that we may be better attuned with the Spirits. Members of the Tribes will then perform the Oshu Sarhhtha."

Dantia nods at Rafano, obviously agreeing with his views.

Quentiana says to Mistanna, "I hope you will help me, Sister."

Mistanna nods to Quentiana.

Quentiana nods.

Quentiana says, "My children, this is a fated moment. The Spirits who are always with us have turned their wary eyes our way. Now more than ever, we must learn to listen. We have the Spirits attention we must not squander this opportunity."

Kehlbins came through a crystalline arch.

A matriarch among those gathered briefly pulls a group of nomads into a quiet side conversation.

Daeryean casually observes the area.

Quentiana asks, "Now. Who will seek the stillness of the mind?"

Saedrith nods to Quentiana.

Ferasha raises her hand.

Aaoskar raises his hand.

Lenaea raises her hand.

Saedrith raises his hand.

Samton raises his hand.

Dantia gnaws on her lip.

Miskton scratches distractedly at his beard.

Zefkhyr raises his hand.

Daeryean raises her hand.

Allye ponders.

Emyrose leans to her right slightly.

Allye raises her hand.

Mazrian gives Kaelie a gentle poke in the ribs.

Felicini gets a soft worry doll dressed in mage's robes from inside her feyweave pouch.

Broichan raises his hand.

Kaelie raises her hand.

Rifkinn scoffs.

Quentiana nods.

Felicini raises her hand.

Rifkinn casually observes the area.

Karthor strokes his beard in thoughtful contemplation.

Kaelie stands near Daeryean.

Mazrian ponders.

Mazrian looks at Perune and shrugs.

Mazrian raises his hand.

Ferasha ponders.

Perune folds his arms across his chest.

Rifkinn folds his arms across his chest.

Blysse whispers something to Emyrose.

Ferasha smiles at Dantia.

Quentiana asks, "And who will help create the rhythm of the dance by playing the drums?"

Emyrose whispers something to Blysse.

Mirajane raises her hand.

Eyst raises his hand.

Shaylynne raises her hand.

Dantia raises her hand.

Quentiana nods.

Shaylynne glances up at the sky.

Emyrose glances up at the sky.

Miskton says, "I think I will stick with being an observer, to carefully take note of what happens from an outside perspective."

Rafano nods at Miskton, obviously agreeing with his views.

Quentiana says, "Those who seek stillness, please release your spells."

Ferasha slowly empties her lungs.

Ferasha stands up.

Lenaea touches the jadeite stones on her gwethdesuan.

Ferasha dusts herself off.

Allye nods to Quentiana.

Mazrian says, "Mmm."

Ferasha takes off a gwethdesuan.

Zefkhyr gazes intently at a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light as his fingers lightly graze its ethereal surface.

Tendrils of ethereal blue light suddenly enwreathe Zefkhyr, fading from view as they race in a swirling pattern down his body, disappearing into the ground.

Quentiana says, "Please also remove your gwethdesuans. Your mind must be free of entanglements."

Perune glances at Mazrian.

Zefkhyr takes off a silver jadeite gwethdesuan.

Broichan takes off a silver kyanite gwethdesuan.

Allye takes off a silver jadeite gwethdesuan.

Lenaea takes off a silver jadeite gwethdesuan.

Mistanna takes off a silver kyanite gwethdesuan.

Samton takes off a silver kyanite gwethdesuan.

Kehlbins takes off a gwethdesuan.

Rafano takes off a gwethdesuan.

Felicini takes off a kyanite gwethdesuan.

Ferasha stands near Mistanna.

Kaelie takes off a jadeite gwethdesuan.

Rifkinn frowns.

Dantia takes off a gwethdesuan.

Mistanna smiles at Ferasha.

Quentiana gets a pine ritual drum from inside her arzumos pelt pack.

Mazrian takes off a kyanite gwethdesuan.

Ferasha smiles at Mistanna.

Ferasha shifts her weight.

Quentiana gets a stamping stick from inside her arzumos pelt pack.

Daeryean takes off a silver kyanite gwethdesuan.

Quentiana offers Dantia a pine ritual drum.

Aaoskar says, "That likely includes thoughtcast."

Dantia accepts Quentiana's ritual drum.

Quentiana offers Dantia a stamping stick.

Dantia accepts Quentiana's stamping stick.

Quentiana nods to Aaoskar.

Aashja takes off a silver jadeite gwethdesuan.

Quentiana offers Mirajane a pine ritual drum.

Mirajane accepts Quentiana's ritual drum.

Quentiana offers Mirajane a stamping stick.

Mirajane curtsies to Quentiana.

Mirajane accepts Quentiana's stamping stick.

Quentiana offers Shaylynne a pine ritual drum.

Shaylynne accepts Quentiana's ritual drum.

Quentiana offers Shaylynne a stamping stick.

Shaylynne accepts Quentiana's stamping stick.

Shaylynne nods politely.

Quentiana offers Eyst a pine ritual drum.

Eyst accepts Quentiana's ritual drum.

Quentiana offers Eyst a stamping stick.

Eyst accepts Quentiana's stamping stick.

Miskton turns a page in his astronomer's journal.

Eyst taps a pine ritual drum that he is holding.

Mazrian rubs Kaelie's back.

Quentiana drops a yew branch.

Quentiana gets a diminutive tin magma viper from inside her magic sack.

Quentiana points her tin viper at a yew branch and a flame shoots from the creature's mouth, making the branch quickly catch fire.

The burning yew branch glows brighter until it begins to burn steadily.

Quentiana puts her branch on a burning yew branch, creating a small fire.

Kaelie rubs Mazrian's left hand.

Aashja ponders.

Quentiana puts her branch on a small fire.

Aaoskar puts his branch on a large fire.

Quentiana puts her branch on a large fire.

Quentiana smiles.

Ferasha inhales a great swallow of air.

Ferasha breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Mazrian asks, "Does anything go on the bonfire?"

Quentiana says, "Now. We begin."

Ferasha glances at Mistanna.

Some of the gathered nomads move swiftly to respond, but an elderly D'Reathor holds up a splayed hand and they collectively freeze, choosing instead to stare in silent judgment at the proceedings.

Zefkhyr casually observes the area.

Quentiana says, "Drummers, please begin to play a fierce ruff on your drum."

Rafano glances at a loose gathering of the People representing a variety of traditions and ancestry.

Ferasha nods to Mistanna.

Eyst struggles to begin a quick ruff on his ritual drum.

Quentiana says, "Those who seek stillness, please kneel upon the ground."

Saedrith kneels.

Aaoskar kneels down.

Broichan kneels down.

Kehlbins kneels down.

Zefkhyr kneels down.

Allye kneels down.

Felicini kneels down.

Samton kneels.

Ferasha kneels down.

Mazrian kneels down.

Dantia effortlessly begins a quiet ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Quentiana gets a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea from inside her arzumos pelt pack.

Shaylynne effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Kaelie kneels down.

Daeryean kneels down.

Rafano casually observes the area.

Aashja kneels down.

Quentiana says, "First we will taste Oshu'Mary tea."

Mistanna gets a pearl-crowned silvered glass vessel with an arching handle from inside her watersilk bag.

Quentiana offers Ferasha a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Ferasha accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Dantia glances at Rafano.

Quentiana gets a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea from inside her arzumos pelt pack.

Ferasha takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Aashja giggles at Ruven.

Ferasha offers Quentiana a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Rafano glances at Dantia.

Quentiana offers Saedrith a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Ruven laughs!

Saedrith accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Aaoskar gets a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea from inside his traveler's satchel.

Saedrith sniffs at a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Ruven rubs Aashja gently, massaging her muscles.

Grinning, Mistanna pulls a swig from a pearl-crowned silvered glass vessel with an arching handle.

Quentiana offers Samton a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Samton accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Zefkhyr a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Saedrith inhales a great swallow of air.

Zefkhyr accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Zefkhyr sniffs at a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Daeryean a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Daeryean accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Ferasha wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Quentiana offers Allye a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Emyrose glances at Allye.

Allye smiles at Quentiana.

Allye accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Shaylynne gazes at Allye.

Quentiana says, "Savor the tea as it passes your lips. Remember it."

Eyst finishes playing a quick ruff on his ritual drum.

Samton takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Broichan a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Aaoskar takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Zefkhyr nods.

Allye takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Kaelie a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Broichan nods graciously at Quentiana, giving her a polite smile.

Zefkhyr takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Dantia finishes playing a quiet ruff on her ritual drum.

Daeryean takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Saedrith takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Kaelie accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Shaylynne finishes playing a quick ruff on her ritual drum.

Broichan takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Kaelie takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Felicini a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Felicini accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Mazrian a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Mazrian accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Zefkhyr gazes at a large fire.

Mazrian takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Saedrith takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana offers Ferasha a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Ferasha gazes at a large fire.

Mazrian offers Quentiana a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Ferasha takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Dantia effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Mirajane finishes playing a quick ruff on her ritual drum.

Felicini guzzles down her oshu'mary tea.

Quentiana says, "Acknowledge the taste in your mind."

Samton takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Mirajane effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Aashja ponders.

Quentiana says, "Now, let the memory of it fade from you."

Aaoskar takes a deep breath.

Quentiana offers Kehlbins a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Kehlbins accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Ferasha breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Kehlbins takes a sip of his oshu'mary tea.

Allye trills, her ears relaxing minutely back against her head.

A large fire flutters slightly.

Zefkhyr slowly empties his lungs.

Quentiana says, "Now we will gaze at the stars."

Aaoskar scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Lenaea kneels down.

Mistanna scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Ferasha scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Samton scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Aaoskar scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Kehlbins scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Zefkhyr glances up at the sky.

Samton glances up at the sky.

Quentiana squints at Lenaea.

Quentiana offers Lenaea a tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea.

Broichan glances up at the sky.

Lenaea accepts Quentiana's oshu'mary tea.

Felicini glances up at the sky.

Lenaea takes a sip of her oshu'mary tea.

Allye gazes up at the sky.

Lenaea gazes up at the sky.

Mazrian glances up at the sky.

Saedrith gazes up at the sky.

Aaoskar scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Quentiana says, "See the stars in their splendor. The moons, large in the sky."

Zefkhyr glances up at the sky.

Felicini turns her gaze to the sky for a few moments.

Lenaea scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Aaoskar puts his branch on a large fire.

Kehlbins scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Ferasha scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Shaylynne effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Dantia finishes playing a quick ruff on her ritual drum.

Rafano turns his gaze to the sky for a few moments.

A few of the gathered Windwalkers lift their faces to the passing breeze.

Dantia effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Quentiana says, "Close your eyes, and let the memory of the heavens pass away."

Mirajane effortlessly begins a quick ruff on her ritual drum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Ferasha glances at a loose gathering of the People representing a variety of traditions and ancestry.

Rafano inhales a great swallow of air.

(Aaoskar closes his eyes)

Rafano gets a frosty tessera from inside his thigh quiver.

Ferasha breathes in slightly.

Rafano moves a frosty tessera to his left hand.

(Ferasha slowly closes her eyes)

Mistanna smiles and closes her eyes.

Saedrith breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

(Allye closes her eyes, exhaling slowly.)

Quentiana says, "Feel the warmth of the fire."

Kehlbins gazes at a large fire.

Quentiana gazes at a large fire.

Daeryean gazes at a large fire.

Saedrith gazes at a large fire.

Aashja stands up.

Aaoskar gazes at a large fire.

Mirajane rubs her hands together.

Felicini gazes at a large fire.

Ferasha gazes at a large fire.

Kaelie gazes at a large fire.

Aashja stands near Ruven.

Samton gazes at a large fire.

Ruven leans back against Aashja with a loving smile.

Quentiana says, "Let it seep into your bones. Remember it."

Quentiana says, "And let your feeling fade away."

Quentiana gets some burnt incense from inside her magic sack.

Quentiana gets a diminutive tin magma viper from inside her magic sack.

Quentiana points her tin viper at some burnt incense and a flame shoots from the creature's mouth, making the incense quickly catch fire.

Quentiana waves some burnt incense over herself.

A wisp of smoke settles around Quentiana, surrounding her with the scent of smoke.

A wisp of smoke settles around Quentiana, surrounding her with the scent of smoke.

Mazrian slowly empties his lungs.

Quentiana says, "Smell the scent of the incense."

Quentiana drops some burning burnt incense.

Zefkhyr sniffles.

Saedrith sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Kehlbins inhales a great swallow of air.

Samton takes a deep breath.

Ferasha inhales a great swallow of air.

Tiny puffs of smoke rise from the burnt incense on the ground as it burns.

Zefkhyr sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Aaoskar inhales a great swallow of air.

Allye breathes in slightly.

Ferasha sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Broichan takes a deep breath.

Lenaea sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Felicini sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Zefkhyr inhales a great swallow of air.

Mirajane sniffs the air around her.

Quentiana says, "Let its scent linger."

The burnt incense on the ground glows faintly as it burns down.

Ferasha shivers.

Saedrith sniffs at some burning burnt incense.

Quentiana says, "Acknowledge it, then let it go."

The burnt incense goes out and crumbles away.

Quentiana exclaims, "Now, children, Listen!"

Quentiana says, "LIsten."

Ferasha blinks.

Ferasha appears to be listening intently for something.

Quentiana says, "Listen to the beating of the ritual drum."

Quentiana says, "Breathe with it, match your heartbeat to it."

Felicini inhales a great swallow of air.

A few of the gathered Skindancers use their feet, hands, and guttural tones to provide a rhythmic accompaniment to the ritualistic performance.

Lenaea appears to be listening intently for something.

Felicini slowly empties her lungs.

Ferasha watches the surroundings in breathless anticipation.

Rafano grins.

Zefkhyr nods.

Quentiana says, "Let this sense fade away."

You sense spirits approaching, lingering, patient though cautious, and feel their distrust at the unfamiliar faces. They came for she who last danced to summon and respect them.

Quentiana says, "Focus on the emptiness."

Quentiana says, "Be pure."

Emyrose furrows her brow.

Quentiana nods.

Quentiana gets a bison hide from inside her arzumos pelt pack.

Quentiana holds a bison hide high into the air for all to see.

Mistanna slowly empties her lungs.

Quentiana shakes her bison hide!

Quentiana resonantly exclaims, "Oh, Spirits! We hear you in the thundering of hooves!"

Quentiana frowns ever so slightly, shaking the hide gently as she slowly circles the fire, murmuring with each halting step.

Quentiana drops a bison hide.

Quentiana kneels down.

Quentiana resonantly exclaims, "We hear your sorrow in the wind!"

Ferasha observes Quentiana with fascination.

Quentiana gazes down at the ground.

Dantia glances up at the sky.

Quentiana resonantly exclaims, "We come before you now as listeners!" She leans forward, her arms outstretched. Placing her fingers in the soil, she drags her arms in a wide arc about her body. As her arms move, she turns, completing a dusty circle around her. "Here, at the center of the Sacred Hoop, come the children of the Earth and the Sky!"

The desolate plain stretches out as far as the eye can see. Playing across the still of the steppe, a hot breeze causes tufts of vegetation to dance, and burning your parched mouth. Sweat beads at your forehead. Before you, the spires of the plateau loom ominously. In the distance, a pair black vultures circle, watching you attentively, as the only visible sign of life. Though the plateau remains still and empty, you are left with the distinct feeling you are not alone.

Quentiana stands up.

Quentiana says, "You asked us to feed the sacred tree so that it may bloom once more. You asked us to water its withered roots."

Dantia blinks.

Emyrose frowns faintly.

Quentiana smiles broadly, closing her eyes as she turns her face towards the heavens.

Mistanna shakes her head as if clearing it.

Quentiana resonantly says, "Great Spirits! These children of the Earth and Sky bring you their silent minds so that they may know you as the People do."

Quentiana slings a smooth bone staff wrapped with ruddy strips of fur off from over her shoulder.

Quentiana clenches her bone staff tightly until her knuckles go white.

Quentiana holds a smooth bone staff wrapped with ruddy strips of fur high into the air for all to see.

Quentiana's eyes suddenly flash with a deep blue-white glow.

Quentiana resonantly says, "May we be in harmony with thee, Spirits of my ancestors, Spirits of the earth, Spirits of the crystal tree."

Quentiana nods to Mistanna.

Mistanna nods to Quentiana.

Quentiana chants a few words in a low voice.

Quentiana begins to dance in rhythm with her chanting.

Mistanna chants a few words in a low voice.

Mistanna begins to dance in rhythm with her chanting.

Lenaea breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Aaoskar inhales a great swallow of air.

Quentiana slowly spins about, arms outstretched, head turned skyward.

Mistanna slowly spins about, arms outstretched, head turned skyward.

Dantia observes Mistanna with fascination.

Spiraling about faster, Mistanna spins first on one foot, then the other, chanting the whole while.

Spiraling about faster, Quentiana spins first on one foot, then the other, chanting the whole while.

Ferasha gazes at Mistanna in awe.

Quentiana's eyes become cold and distant as she begins her dance. Each piece of the ritual serves as a symbolic gesture of a summoning, her actions themselves as an offering. Her body moves to an inaudible beat.

Mistanna moves to one side, chanting and shaking her hips in a tribal rhythm.

Mistanna stomps her feet in a quick staccato beat, dancing and chanting while raising her arms skyward!

Rafano gazes at Quentiana.

With snakelike motions, Mistanna dances and raises her arms, shaking her hands to the sky before collapsing to her knees.

Aaoskar gazes at Quentiana in wonder.

Mistanna gazes at a large fire.

Ferasha stares blankly into the distance.

Quentiana's eyes gloss over wholly, her affect vacant and distant. Each movement becomes more rigid, more forced, as her limbs stiffen visibly. The warm breeze increases to a stiff wind, tearing across the Steppe.

Dantia slowly empties her lungs.

Ferasha gazes at Quentiana.

Blysse casually observes the area.

The gathered nomads murmur among themselves.

Quentiana stares in wonder around her, her pupils completely dilated. With each belabored movement, she twists in a spontaneous dance of spasmodic contortion.

Miskton winces.

Rafano peers quizzically at Quentiana.

Dantia gnaws on her lip.

Aaoskar gazes at Quentiana in wonder.

Emyrose glances up at the sky.

Emyrose squints.

Samton scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Quentiana's eyes remain clouded and empty. Her voice calls out in an otherworldly droning overtone, a second harmonic pitch resonating fro her throat as additional calls mix and blend into a polyphonous cacophony. Each note erupts into a multitude of vocal pitches, resembling an array of voices singing in unison.

Rafano gasps!

Aaoskar gulps.

Rafano rubs his head.

Ferasha gazes off into the distance.

Lenaea gazes at Quentiana.

Daeryean gazes at Quentiana in wonder.

Rafano distractedly says, "What is it . . . . show me."

Ferasha blinks.

Quentiana maintains the overtone call, her gaze affixed upwards to the crystal spire, looming ominously in contrast to the moons. Each movement of her dance accompanies a persistent trembling.

Ferasha blinks.

Rafano rubs his head.

Dantia peers quizzically at Rafano.

Miskton gazes at Quentiana.

Quentiana's dance begins to incorporate violent twitching and quaking, her body now convulsing with forced movement. She remains upright, her dance continuing, though her eyes remain affixed on the Trabe Spire.

Dantia frowns at Quentiana.

Ferasha gawks at Quentiana.

Mirajane shivers.

Miskton frowns.

(Mistanna gazes respectfully at Quentiana's dance long after the steps she knew were finished.)

Felicini hugs her worry doll and a slow smile spreads across her face.

Quentiana's body continues twisting in the dance, contorting at impossible-seeming angles. Her limbs bend to the extent of their natural range, and yet somehow seem to bend further.

Dantia frowns at Rafano.

Ferasha shudders.

Daeryean wrinkles her nose.

Shaylynne taps Allye's nose with her stamping stick.

Miskton frowns and his hand falters for a moment, but he continues quickly jotting down notes.

Allye blinks.

Dantia frowns at Rafano.

Rafano blinks.

Kaelie whispers something to Dantia.

Kaelie gazes at Rafano.

Briaen clears his throat.

Rafano rubs his head.

Quentiana's dance abruptly stops, though her body continues trembling involuntarily. Her face remains affixed in a contorted mask of terror, all color draining from her skin.

Quentiana kneels down.

Dantia gazes at Quentiana.

Ferasha blanches.

Briaen glances at Quentiana.

Dantia stops playing her song.

Saedrith glances at Quentiana.

Daeryean blinks.

Perune observes Quentiana with fascination.

Miskton glances at a loose gathering of the People representing a variety of traditions and ancestry.

Dantia stands near Rafano.

Mazrian gazes at Quentiana.

Emyrose squints at Quentiana.

Broichan glances at Quentiana.

Mistanna gazes silently at Quentiana.

Blysse whispers something to Emyrose.

Kaelie gazes at Quentiana in amazement.

Ferasha fixes Quentiana with a frank, even stare.

Dantia quietly asks Rafano, "My love?"

Your vision settles upon Quentiana, whose song resounds in a chorus of distinct voices. She now is overlaid by an ethereal form that blurs her image in your mind, its translucent wisps of shadow rippling and twisting outward from her skin. Her face is overlaid with a barely visible skull, grinning.

Emyrose nods at Blysse, obviously agreeing with his views.

Ferasha glances at Rafano.

As Quentiana rocks on her knees, her head lurches downward. Her voice becomes a droning bass, and a raspy echo snarls from her lips. "Alshabien ai Avren," she roars. Her gaze pivots directly at Aaoskar, and her face contorts into a mask of hatred and rage.

Emyrose gazes at Quentiana.

Briaen cocks his head.

Miskton rubs his right eye.

Ferasha's jaw drops.

Lenaea gasps!

Emyrose glances at Aaoskar.

Shaylynne shivers.

Ferasha covers her mouth with her hand.

Mistanna furrows her brow.

Felicini whispers to her worry doll, then looks slightly relieved.

Aaoskar gasps at Quentiana!

Lenaea glances at Aaoskar.

Rafano quietly says to Dantia, "They were he-- . . . I'll tell you after."

Eyst's face flushes as he breaks into a sweat.

Kaelie raises an eyebrow.

Aaoskar says, "Yes."

Snarling at Aaoskar, Quentiana's eyes affix on him, unblinking. "Gwerit ai Avtaien," she intones, echoing a voice not her own. "Gwelderit ai Aldam." Each syllable rings out viciously, accusatively. "De - fi - lers." Her head lurches to one side, her neck craning impossibly. "You wish to Bind us. You wish to Bend us." She pauses, her head rotating slowly. "You will not."

Dantia gulps.

Dantia glances at Quentiana.

Ferasha quivers.

Lenaea lays her hand on Aaoskar's arm.

Felicini gazes at Aaoskar.

Saedrith squints at Aaoskar.

Lenaea glances at Aaoskar.

Lenaea glances at Quentiana.

Ferasha fixes Aaoskar with a frank, even stare.

Coagulated shadows pool into existence swiftly shaping into the diminutive form of a tenebraeling.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Ferasha.

Coagulated shadows pool into existence swiftly shaping into the diminutive form of a tenebraeling.

A tenebraeling glances about frantically.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Quentiana.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Mirajane.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Blysse.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Daeryean.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Eyst.

Rafano moves over to guard Dantia.

Saedrith stands up.

Aashja gets a haralun hawkbill with an obsidian grip from inside her doeskin baldric.

Ferasha leaps to her feet!

You notice Eyst slip into a hiding place.

Felicini stands up.

Mazrian leaps to his feet!

Saedrith draws forth a tyrium bastard sword.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Mirajane.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Ferasha.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Quentiana.

Mirajane retreats from combat.

Perune gets a rusty hilt bearing a jeweled salamander pommel and a shattered blade from inside his reaver-hide sack.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Daeryean.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Blysse.

Blysse retreats from combat.

Daeryean leaps to her feet!

Rifkinn gets a telothian serrated parazonium from inside his haversack.

Dantia blinks.

Mazrian assesses his combat situation.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Ferasha.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Quentiana.

Mistanna whispers softly as her words are carried away by an errant breeze.

Mistanna begins to focus intently around herself.

Perune raises his hilt up, and an orange glow surrounds it.

Blysse retreats from combat.

Saedrith begins to advance on a tenebraeling.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Daeryean.

Lenaea stands up.

Felicini gets a gigantic zweihander with a blued steel blade from inside her feyweave pouch.

Aashja begins chanting in a low tone, the words indistinct and little above a whisper. Slowly, she raises her voice, and as she does so you can feel the faint stirrings of warm winds caress your body.

Miskton draws forth a haralun utility hatchet with a mikkhalbamar haft.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Mirajane.

A wave of pure Fear assaults your psyche!

Kaelie leaps to her feet!

A tenebraeling lands a strong hit to Ferasha's back.

A tenebraeling lands a good strike to Ferasha's right leg.

A tenebraeling lands a strong hit to Ferasha's left arm.

You fall to the ground, curling up as you cover your head fearfully. You cower against the ground, shivering with fear!

[Roundtime: 10 seconds.]

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Blysse.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's right arm.

A tenebraeling lands a strong hit to Ferasha's chest.

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit to Blysse's left arm.

Aaoskar says, "I did not know."

A tenebraeling lands a good hit to Mirajane's chest.

A tenebraeling lands a good hit to Blysse's abdomen.

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit to Mirajane's chest.

Ferasha screams!

A tenebraeling lands a strong hit to Ferasha's abdomen.

A tenebraeling lands a strong hit that lightly bruises Ferasha's side with an attack which fails to pierce the skin.

A tenebraeling lands a heavy strike that barely breaks the skin of Ferasha's right leg.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's left arm.

One of the gathered nomads says bitingly, "Outsider shaman have disrespected the past and angered the ancestors. It is a path you seem unable to resist. It was already known."

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit to Blysse's right arm.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's right hand.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit to Blysse's left leg.

A tenebraeling lands a good hit to Mirajane's left arm.

Broichan stands up.

Blysse stands up.

Miskton stands up.

Lenaea continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Allye continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Shaylynne continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Kaelie continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Daeryean continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Dantia continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Briaen continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Mistanna continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Broichan continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Nicolet continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Blysse continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Emyrose continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

You continue to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly with fear.

Rafano continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Miskton continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Saedrith continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Mazrian continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Quentiana continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Felicini continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Perune continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Ruven continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Aashja continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Aaoskar continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Ferasha continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Mirajane continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Kehlbins continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Zefkhyr continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Samton continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's abdomen.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that scratches a long swath of skin along the abdomen (A fine wound to show to friends!), stunning her.

A tenebraeling lands a very heavy hit that cuts deeply into muscle on the right thigh.

The gathered nomads scatter in haste, leaving the adventurers to clean up their own mess and simultaneously mocking their pitiful efforts!

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit that thumps painfully on the toes of the left foot.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's left arm.

A tenebraeling lands a good strike to Blysse's right leg.

A tenebraeling lands a good strike to Blysse's chest.

A tenebraeling lands a good strike to Mirajane's chest.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's right leg.

A tenebraeling lands a very heavy hit that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest.

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit that cuts deeply across the pectoral muscles.

* Ferasha is slain before your eyes!

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit to Blysse's right arm.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's left leg.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that lightly cuts Blysse's forearm.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that buckles the left knee for a moment with a painful frontal blow.

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!).

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Dantia.

A tenebraeling lands a good hit to Mirajane's left eye.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Miskton.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Ruven.

Dantia stands up.

Miskton stands up.

Rafano stands up.

Allye rises to a kneeling position.

Lenaea stop shivering.

Allye stop shivering.

Shaylynne stop shivering.

Kaelie stop shivering.

Daeryean stop shivering.

Dantia stop shivering.

Briaen stop shivering.

Mistanna stop shivering.

Broichan stop shivering.

Nicolet stop shivering.

Blysse stop shivering.

Emyrose stop shivering.

The last of the fear melts from your limbs, leaving you free to move again.

Rafano stop shivering.

Miskton stop shivering.

Saedrith stop shivering.

Mazrian stop shivering.

Quentiana stop shivering.

Felicini stop shivering.

Perune stop shivering.

Ruven stop shivering.

Aashja stop shivering.

Aaoskar stop shivering.

Mirajane stop shivering.

Kehlbins stop shivering.

Zefkhyr stop shivering.

Samton stop shivering.

Saedrith stands up.

Kehlbins stands up.

A tenebraeling lands a good strike to Mirajane's back.

A tenebraeling lands a solid hit that punctures deeply into the right bicep, severing a small artery, lightly stunning him.

Mirajane stands up.

Allye stands up.

Felicini stands up.

Broichan stands up.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that scratches a long swath of skin along the abdomen (A fine wound to show to friends!).

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that nearly tears the entire left quadricep clean from the bone.

Kehlbins draws a blademaster's loimic-inlaid haralun scimitar with an elaborate obsidian hilt from an errant shadow, smiling confidently.

A tenebraeling lands a hard hit that scratches her in a slash from behind, lightly stunning her.

Briaen stands up.

Aashja briefly spreads her arms outward as her chanting intensifies.

Daeryean stands up.

Miskton begins to advance on a tenebraeling.

Mazrian stands up.

Emyrose stands up.

Mistanna stands up.

A tenebraeling lands a good hit to Mirajane's chest.

Rafano grabs Dantia's arm and drags her east with him.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Ruven.

Aashja grows flushed as she segues to the new verse of her song, biting off each word with a fierceness that seems to incite the very air as flames are born to ride the heated currents.

The flames land an earth-shaking strike to a tenebraeling's back!

The tenebraeling falls to the ground and lies still.

The flames land an earth-shaking strike to a tenebraeling's chest!

The flames land a massive strike to a tenebraeling's back!

The flames land an extremely heavy hit to a tenebraeling's abdomen!

The flames land a heavy strike to a tenebraeling's back!

The flames land an awesome strike to a tenebraeling's abdomen!

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Miskton.

The tenebraeling stops Miskton from advancing any farther.

A tenebraeling lands a light hit to Mirajane's right arm.

Emyrose grabs Blysse and drags him north with her.

Kehlbins begins to advance on a tenebraeling.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Samton.

Mazrian begins to focus intently around himself.

Perune leaps to his feet!

Mistanna gestures.

An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!

A large fire jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The large fire lands a vicious strike to its chest!

A bison hide jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The bison hide lands an earth-shaking strike to its chest!

A tulip-shaped glass of pine-honeyed oshu'mary tea jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The oshu'mary tea lands an earth-shaking strike to its chest!

The oshu'mary tea is destroyed by the impact.

A bison hide circles back in midair and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The bison hide lands a strong hit to its left arm!

The bison hide lands a heavy strike to its chest!

A large fire circles back in midair and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The large fire lands a powerful strike to its back!

The large fire lands a very heavy hit to its head!

The large fire lands a massive strike to its abdomen!

The bison hide lands an earth-shaking strike to its right eye!

The bison hide lands a powerful strike to its left eye!

The bison hide is destroyed by the impact.

The large fire lands a good hit to its chest!

The large fire lands an extremely heavy hit to its chest!

The large fire lands a good hit to its right arm!

The large fire lands a powerful strike to its abdomen!

The large fire lands a heavy strike to its neck!

Mazrian says, "Mm."

Broichan cuts the air with a piercing whistle!

A tenebraeling steps back from Daeryean, looking distracted.

A tenebraeling steps back from Mirajane, looking distracted.

A tenebraeling steps back, looking distracted, and turns its attention to Broichan!

A tenebraeling steps back from Quentiana, looking distracted.

A tenebraeling steps back from Ruven, looking distracted.

A tenebraeling steps back from Miskton, looking distracted.

Miskton closes to pole weapon range on a tenebraeling.

Kehlbins closes to pole weapon range on a tenebraeling.

Aashja stands up.

Miskton turns his gaze heavenward and traces a series of lunar sigils in the air.

Miskton begins to focus intently on a tenebraeling.

Ruven stands up.

You curl up, covering your head and cowering fearfully against the ground.

Twisting crystalline forms of starlight and shadow pour forth from the open rift, squamous and skittering, hungrily forcing themselves through the barrier between realities. A throng of ephemeral beings enters, as unnatural limbs twist and contort from impossible entities not able to naturally exist on this plane. The moongate quickly seals behind them, the rift in realities knitting itself back together.

Daeryean stands up.

Mirajane stands up.

You continue to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly with fear.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Shaylynne.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Zefkhyr.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Nicolet.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Allye.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Nicolet.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Shaylynne.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Lenaea.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Saedrith.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Ruven.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Samton.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Shaylynne.

Lenaea stop shivering.

Allye stop shivering.

Kaelie stop shivering.

Daeryean stop shivering.

Briaen stop shivering.

Mistanna stop shivering.

Broichan stop shivering.

Nicolet stop shivering.

Miskton stop shivering.

Saedrith stop shivering.

Mazrian stop shivering.

Felicini stop shivering.

Perune stop shivering.

Ruven stop shivering.

Aashja stop shivering.

Aaoskar stop shivering.

Mirajane stop shivering.

Kehlbins stop shivering.

Zefkhyr stop shivering.

Samton stop shivering.

Mistanna whispers softly as her words are carried away by an errant breeze.

Mistanna begins to focus intently around herself.

Perune gestures.

Swirls of ash, dust and vapor begin to erupt from the ground as the temperature quickly increases.

Mirajane stands up.

Felicini performs a series of detailed gestures as she chants softly.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Nicolet.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Samton.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Zefkhyr.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Miskton.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Ruven.

Broichan stands up.

Miskton stands up.

A haunting moan permeates the area, causing your skin to crawl!

Nicolet stands up.

Zefkhyr stands up.

Felicini stands up.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Samton.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Shaylynne.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Shaylynne.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Nicolet.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Allye.

Kehlbins stands up.

A column of deep grey ash suddenly explodes skyward with an ominous rumble, darkening the immediate area!

Mazrian stands up.

Briaen sits up.

Saedrith lets out a roar of frustration as he attempts to regain his footing.

Saedrith stands up.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Miskton.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Nicolet.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Samton.

The tenebraeling closes to melee range on Zefkhyr.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Saedrith.

The tenebraeling closes to pole weapon range on Lenaea.

Broichan hardens his stance and bellows a defiant decry against oppression!

Felicini begins to advance on a tenebraeling.

Miskton turns his gaze heavenward and traces a series of lunar sigils in the air.

Ruven stands up.

Shaylynne rises to her feet fluidly, like a large, graceful cat.

Mistanna stands up.

The flames land an earth-shaking strike to a tenebraeling's abdomen!

The flames land an earth-shaking strike to a tenebraeling's right eye!

The flames land a vicious strike to a tenebraeling's back!

The flames land an earth-shaking strike to a tenebraeling's left arm!

Mazrian thrusts his arms forward, fingers splayed.

A storm of blinding white lightning arcs from Mazrian's fingertips!

A lightning bolt tears into a tenebraeling's back like a blast from Firulf's staff.

A lightning bolt strikes a tenebraeling in the head, shorting out the brain and granting it a quick and merciful death.

A bolt strikes a tenebraeling's right eye, blasting it right out of its socket.

A lightning bolt strikes a tenebraeling in the head, shorting out the brain and granting it a quick and merciful death.

A lightning bolt tears into a tenebraeling's chest like a blast from Firulf's staff.

A lightning bolt tears into a tenebraeling's abdomen like a blast from Firulf's staff.

The ground shudders slightly as a dark column-like cloud spreads out, mushrooming in all directions from its center. Swirling cinders begin to drift lazily downward from this pyroclastic cloud as it swells in size.

Kehlbins closes to melee range on a tenebraeling.

Aashja stands up.

Felicini closes to pole weapon range on a tenebraeling.

Eyst stands up.

Miskton lands an overwhelming strike (Oooh, the next generation of tenebraelings are going to feel that!) that crunches bone and rips flesh so that the right leg is left hanging by a few bloody sinews.

Briaen stands up.

You curl up, covering your head and cowering fearfully against the ground.

With the dull roar of unnatural thunder, a pyroclastic ash cloud begins to release a moaning shower of blistering balls of fire!

Ruven stands up.

Broichan stands up.

Eyst continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Balls of blazing fire continue to descend from a pyroclastic ash cloud, each hurtling down with explosive force!

The lifeless tenebraeling diffuses into shadows that coalesce into a seordstone talon.

A tenebraeling splinters into thousands of tiny black glass-like slivers.

The lifeless tenebraeling diffuses into shadows that coalesce into a seordstone talon.

Lenaea stop shivering.

Allye stop shivering.

Kaelie stop shivering.

Daeryean stop shivering.

Briaen stop shivering.

Mistanna stop shivering.

Broichan stop shivering.

Nicolet stop shivering.

Miskton stop shivering.

Saedrith stop shivering.

Mazrian stop shivering.

Eyst stop shivering.

Felicini stop shivering.

Perune stop shivering.

Ruven stop shivering.

Aashja stop shivering.

Aaoskar stop shivering.

Mirajane stop shivering.

Kehlbins stop shivering.

Zefkhyr stop shivering.

Samton stop shivering.

Kehlbins raises his head skyward, chanting.

Zefkhyr stands up.

Mirajane stands up.

Broichan stands up.

Saedrith stands up.

Kaelie leaps to her feet!

Allye stands up.

Mazrian begins to focus intently around himself.

The lifeless tenebraeling diffuses into shadows that coalesce into some seordstone talons.

Aerialist Emyrose goes north, leading her group.

Mazrian stands up.

Felicini stands up.

Kehlbins stands up.

Miskton stands up.

The tenebraeling begins to advance on Allye.

Ruven stands up.

Broichan traces a careful sigil in the air.

Fateweaver Mirajane saunters north.

Mistanna gestures.

An ominous rustling comes from all around as debris takes flight of its own accord!

A large fire jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The large fire lands an earth-shaking strike to its right arm!

A small beveled seordstone talon jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands an earth-shaking strike to its chest!

A small irregular seordstone talon jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands an awesome strike to its left arm!

A tiny murky seordstone talon jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands a strong hit to its head!

A small beveled seordstone talon circles back in midair and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands an awesome strike to its chest!

A tiny pale seordstone talon jumps into the air and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands an earth-shaking strike to its chest!

A small beveled seordstone talon circles back in midair and zips toward a tenebraeling!

The seordstone talon lands an awesome strike to its chest!

The large fire lands an earth-shaking strike to its chest!

Briaen sits up.

Deep, resonant tones enter Aashja's voice as she raises it in the chorus of her chant, her voice rich with barely contained emotion.

Briaen gazes at a tenebraeling's corpse.

Mazrian thrusts his arms forward, fingers splayed.

A storm of blinding white lightning arcs from Mazrian's fingertips!

Kehlbins gestures.

Several motes of light gather, briefly forming a minute version of the constellation of the Spider before collapsing into a pulsating brilliant red sphere.

Aaoskar stands up.

Balls of blazing fire continue to descend from a pyroclastic ash cloud, each hurtling down with explosive force!

Aashja stands up.

Daeryean dusts herself off.

Rifkinn leaps from hiding and ambushes Quentiana!

Rifkinn lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that skewers a perfect hole between the shoulder blades (Heart Burn!).

* Quentiana is slain before your eyes!

Kaelie frowns.

Briaen kneels down briefly and draws a knife. He proceeds to make a long, thin cut across the tenebraeling's corpse.

Zefkhyr bows his head and chants a prayer.

Mistanna frowns at Quentiana.

Shaylynne blinks.

Zefkhyr gazes at Quentiana.

Aashja moves over to guard Ruven.

Briaen bends over the tenebraeling's corpse briefly, before plunging his knife cruelly into the body and carving out a chunk of its flesh and blood!

Felicini ponders.

Ruven chuckles at Aashja.

Ruven kisses Aashja. And he doesn't seem to want to stop.

Lenaea stands up.

Mazrian gestures.

A halo of fire flickers into being and hovers around his neck and mouth briefly.

Saedrith searches around for a moment.

Rifkinn gazes at Quentiana.

Aashja kisses Ruven. And she doesn't seem to want to stop.

Zefkhyr gestures at Quentiana.

A thin silver nimbus surrounds Quentiana.

Aerialist Emyrose just arrived.

A haunting moan permeates the area, causing your skin to crawl!

Starlight Titan Rafano just arrived, leading his group.

Aashja snuggles up to Ruven and cradles him in her arms.

Aaoskar says, "What did you do, Rifkin? She may have been our only hope."

Kehlbins frowns.

Dantia frowns.

Nicolet bows her head and chants a psalm.

Miskton picks up a tiny pale seordstone talon.

Eyst says, "Oh my.."

Rifkinn scoffs.

Saedrith says, "That was a stupid, hasty action..."

Quentiana collapses to the ground, exhausted from her struggle, her voice returning to normal. She is left staring at her trembling and twitching hands.

Rifkinn says, "Mooon mages."

Dantia asks, "Are there any other Traders here?"

Dantia gazes at Quentiana.

Rifkinn says to Aaoskar, "You brought this."

Aashja drops her voice to a whisper as she reprises the last tones of the chorus once more, her voice still vibrant with emotion.

Kaelie rests her hand on Quentiana's arm with a soft smile.

Nicolet gestures at Ferasha.

A thin silver nimbus surrounds Ferasha.

Professor Blysse just arrived.

Rifkinn scowls at Aaoskar.

Dantia nods to Rafano.

Samton stands up.

Lenaea exclaims to Rifkinn, "No, he didn't! The Spirits spoke!"

Dantia sighs.

Briaen stands up.

Briaen dusts himself off.

Dantia pulls Rafano to her in a tight hug.

Briaen says, "Curious little furry creatures, those."

Nicolet gestures at Ferasha.

A thin silver nimbus surrounds Ferasha.

Rifkinn says, "This magic all of this."

Fateweaver Mirajane just arrived.

The last of the candle-sized droplets cease, and the ash cloud grows deathly silent. A few harmless embers fall now and again, leaving the acrid scent of sulphuric ash as the only real memory of the hellish onslaught.

You hear the ghostly voice of Quentiana exclaim, "The Spirits, oh how they rage!"

Rifkinn says, "You all will br the end of this world."

You hear the ghostly voice of Quentiana say, "How they rage."

A pulsating brilliant red sphere buoys above Kehlbins's head like a guardian star, shining coldly in the night.

Dantia frowns at Quentiana.

Perune asks, "Is there a Cleric amongst us?"

Lenaea picks up a tiny irregular seordstone talon.

An aura of what feels like frozen light radiates from a pulsating brilliant red sphere.

Nicolet says, "Several."

Zefkhyr nods to Perune.

Nicolet nods to Perune.

An almost visible connection between Dantia and Quentiana seems to thrum through the air.

Quentiana shivers briefly as wounds and traces of battle abruptly vanish from her body.

Dantia exhales slowly as corresponding wounds bloom on her flesh.

Zefkhyr gestures.

A pale blue nimbus explodes outward, enshrouding Zefkhyr's body like a ghostly blanket. Slender tendrils of silver vapor slowly arise from the cloud and reach for Zefkhyr's eyes like long spectral fingers.

Nicolet stands up.

Perune says, "Thank you."

Aashja giggles.

The color in Zefkhyr's eyes changes, the pupils gradually fading from sight as his eyes turn pale blue.

Inquisitor Rifkinn wanders north.

Broichan slowly empties his lungs.

Zefkhyr's eyes flare briefly and the blue-white hue intensifies.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ferasha exclaim, "'Ware!"

Mistanna rubs Quentiana gently, massaging her muscles.

Rafano nods to Dantia.

Kaelie closes her eyes and settles into a graceful stance.

You hear the ghostly voice of Quentiana say, "I fear I have angered my People. I Am sorry. I am so sorry."

Nicolet gestures at Quentiana.

Quentiana is outlined by a silvery corona for a moment.

Dantia rubs Quentiana gently.

Emyrose frowns at Quentiana.

Shaylynne whispers something to Allye.

The music takes hold, manifesting as a large dome of shimmering light.

Felicini closes her eyes with a prayerful expression.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ferasha exclaim, "We are not worthy!"

Allye angles her ears forward, gazing curiously at Shaylynne.

As Zefkhyr intones a quiet prayer to Urrem'tier, his hands begin to glow faintly silver. He extends a glowing hand towards the body of Quentiana.

Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of Quentiana, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the red bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and Quentiana blinks dazedly, wobbling on her feet.

Zefkhyr nods politely to Quentiana.

Quentiana gasps!

Quentiana nods.

Kehlbins raises his head skyward, chanting.

Aaoskar says, "Perhaps, it would have been wiser if I did not come. My past seems to be forgiven."

Allye whispers something to Shaylynne.

Quentiana gazes at Zefkhyr.

Quentiana says to Zefkhyr, "Thank you, child."

Allye nods to Shaylynne.

Shaylynne whispers something to Allye.

Shaylynne shudders.

Allye nods at Shaylynne, obviously agreeing with her views.

Allye rubs Shaylynne gently, massaging her muscles.

Dantia paces back and forth.

Mazrian says to Aaoskar, "The spirits, certainly, don't seem to feel that way."

Eyst stands up.

Aaoskar says, "Perhaps i should leave and perhaps Quentiana can make ammends."

Rafano rubs his head.

Zefkhyr asks Quentiana, "Is there hope to find peace?"

Saedrith nods.

A pulsating brilliant red sphere suddenly flares with a cold light and vaporizes!

Quentiana says, "I know not."

Kaelie takes a deep breath, looking serene and determined.

As Zefkhyr intones a quiet prayer to Urrem'tier, his hands begin to glow faintly silver. He extends a glowing hand towards the body of Ferasha.

Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of Ferasha, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the red bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and Ferasha blinks dazedly, wobbling on her feet.

Quentiana says, "I do not understand what went wrong."

Ferasha gasps!

Ferasha pants.

Mistanna says, "I do not think it is so."

Mistanna pats Ferasha on the back.

A tear runs down Ferasha's face.

Broichan frowns.

Ferasha begins to weep softly.

Samton sighs.

Dantia rubs Ferasha gently.

Ferasha gazes at Quentiana with a grim look on her face.

Felicini looks about with a puzzled expression on her face.

Quentiana asks, "I wish to gaze out upon the Steppe, my home. Who will come with me?"

Perune says, "Nothing, likely. The "spirits" as you call them will likely never trust anyone with the connection to that Plane that the Moon Mages have."

Lenaea nods.

Zefkhyr nods to Quentiana.

Mistanna joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha mournfully says, "...I am unworthy."

Kehlbins nods.

Lenaea joins Quentiana's group.

Felicini joins Quentiana's group.

Samton joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha gazes at Quentiana.

Kehlbins joins Quentiana's group.

Zefkhyr joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha stands up.

Emyrose joins Quentiana's group.

Saedrith joins Quentiana's group.

Perune joins Quentiana's group.

Broichan joins Quentiana's group.

Shaylynne joins Quentiana's group.

Daeryean joins Quentiana's group.

Blysse joins Quentiana's group.

Rafano joins Quentiana's group.

Eyst joins Quentiana's group.

A tear runs down Ferasha's face.

Zefkhyr picks up a medium spotted seordstone talon.

Mazrian joins Quentiana's group.

Allye joins Quentiana's group.

Dantia joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha wipes one of her eyes.

Nicolet joins Quentiana's group.

Kaelie joins Quentiana's group.

Ferasha shivers.

A large fire wavers a bit.

Miskton joins Quentiana's group.

Mirajane joins Quentiana's group.

Quentiana quickly exclaims to Perune, "You know nothing of the Spirits! Nothing!"

Perune looks at Quentiana and shrugs.

Quentiana sighs.

Kaelie rubs her jadeite gwethdesuan.

Ferasha sniffles.

Ferasha wipes her nose.

Mazrian rubs his jadeite gwethdesuan.

Quentiana says, "Let us go."

Dantia frowns.

Nomad Quentiana goes south, leading her group.