Tiv age and history *spoilers* 01/21/2020 12:40 PM CST

Trying to piece together some information about Tiv's age. So did Bashila know Tiv? Was Bashila the master of the Frostweyr spire monastery when Tiv became a student or was it one of his successors who taught Tiv? How long after the signatory was it before Mizuhari discovered the isolated monastery? And, after the rebuilding of the monastery atop the spire by Bashila following Mizuhari's death, how long was the monastery isolated and unaware of the Lunar Accord before they found Tiv there?

Cut to modern timeline, when he vanished into the expanse during the eruption of the lesser fist that was in game over 20 years ago, when he returned he spoke in gamgweth and also in the third person quite a bit, even asking if Tiv liked Coffee. I've heard a few theories and curious if it was that Tiv suffered a conceptual death of the idea of himself but his knowledge and body survived. Basically in Freudian terms his ego, super ego and Id were destroyed.

Or was it something else, was it a simulacrum of tiv or perhaps Tiv had become a vessel and much like the pelag had "learned too much" and destroyed his sanity while also surrendering his ability to choose since his actions would then be like the Pelag, tied up with extreme fatalism.

A few sentences from Tiv stood out in particular to me in regards to possession or transference. Including the last words before he vanished. Both about the vessel and how he would NOT be thanked for it. Much like The Pelag who was granted perfect knowledge by the Arbiter as well as the endurance to see the last stars fade. It was a curse the Shaman realized after he was given the knowledge.

Tiv says, "I give this vessel what is sought; I will not be thanked for it."

Then after he is found wandering near the lesser fist....

>>Tiv points at himself.

>>Tiv asks, "...Pelag ai Aldam?"

>>Tiv says, "Am I the bat? Am I the skull? No. No. One is enough for hatred.

>>Tiv says, "I'm not the she-skull. Or the servant, or the darkness or the shrew, nor the nightingale."

>>Tiv says, "Tiv." He rolls the word around in his mouth as if tasting it. "Tiv. Yes. I know this."

>>Tiv asks, "Tiv once was. And then was I. So cold. So alone. But never empty. Never alone. Helpless. Am I he? Can I be?

>>Tiv says, "Tiv knew. He knew. I would not choose the cold and alone and the certainty. But would he? Mayhaps."

Also one line in particular stands out in regards to Tiv being much like the Pelag now.

>>Renucci says, "Good! Tell a tale of happyness."
>>Tiv says to Renucci, "I've none. I know the ending."

I've been anxiously waiting for the conclusion to this story, I hope i'm not alone. I know I left out much of the dialog so here is the full log for anyone interested. (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Tiv_returns_to_us...._-_02/18/2014_-_17:55)

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"