Visions Meeting 03/25/2016 03/25/2016 02:34 AM CDT
Greetings colleagues!

I just wanted to remind and invite all to the Visions Meeting in Shard today, in the Aviary of the Great Tower.

There were lots of new visions, and some seem to have resolved, so there will lots to discuss!

Hope to see you there!
Re: Visions Meeting 03/25/2016 03/26/2016 12:42 AM CDT
Here is a log of today's meeting, which ran a bit longer than usual due to a great turnout and some great discussions!

Thank you!

Miskton says, "Good evening, all."

Khaelyn says, "Evening all."

Tarlof says, "Hello good people."

Miskton says, "Okay, I think we can begin. Thank you all for coming, even though the moons are not cooperating."

Khaelyn says, "I hear it is that time of year."

Miskton says, "We do have a new vision to discuss since last time, but I thought first we could go over the older visions that we've been seeing."

Miskton says, "A few of the visions that were being seen at the time of the last meeting have ceased."

Miskton says, "A shadowy haze descended upon my surroundings as my vision shifted. As I adjusted, a decaying fort came into view, though it was little more than burned wood and mounds of mud and rubble. Ancient soldiers that no longer drew breath, each wearing uniforms of a forgotten time, rose up only to be blasted into oblivion by robed mages. As my surroundings returned, I heard a faint whisper, "Lord Alret will rule all, you know."

Miskton says, "As many of you may have heard, the Elpalzi have been spotted digging through the ruins of Ulf'Hara Keep."

Miskton says, "And adventurers have been recruited to go in and help disrupt them. Well, aside from the Elpalzi and some opportunistic looters, there are also undead which have risen up beneath the keep."

Perune says, "Before the recruiting to scour Ulf'hara, the Elpalzi attempted to capture Fort Motte, where undead resided."

Perune says, "Your fort likely refers to that."

Miskton says, "It's possible they were looking for an alternative entrance into the keep from there, given their recent activities. I'm not aware of if anything of that sort was found, though."

Perune says, "We fought them off successfully, so I doubt they did."

Miskton says, "There was another vision that seemed to be related to the Elpalzi which has also ceased, which was likely related to similar events."

Miskton exclaims, "I heard a voice, commanding and charismatic, ring in my ears, "For too long we have been alone. For too long we have been reviled. For too long we have been a footnote of history! I will not see my people decay and fade away. There shall be a terrible renaissance and I shall show you the way!"

Miskton says, "The visions of oaken arrows, one piercing a pane of glass and another bending into a circle have also ceased. I don't think either of those were ever conclusively tied to particular meanings, though."

Klejotogars says, "I have thoughts on those."

You ask Miskton, "Could it be braun's conjective and destiny cipher?"

Klejotogars says, "The ubending arrow. Is a symbol of the necromancers."

Klejotogars says, "It is a sign of a catalyst."

Perune asks, "You've seen this before?"

Klejotogars says, "What the pane of glass is I do not know."

Klejotogars says to Perune, "I have come across that information yes."

Perune says, "Huh."

Haikon asks Klejotogars, "In what context?"

Klejotogars says, "It foretold a transformation."

Klejotogars says to Haikon, "I work with the inquisition."

Haikon says to Klejotogars, "I see."

You say, "Hmm, that is curious. The only connection I truly thought for the new lunar spells was that, well there were two of them, and perhaps the arrows represented the act of seeking divination."

Miskton says, "Well, if it was some sort of transformation, perhaps it has happened. Though if it was something involving necromancers, they've probably tried to keep it quiet."

Klejotogars says, "I have tried to find out more information but have not learned much."

Klejotogars says, "The vision of the elf as well."

Klejotogars says, "That walks the starry road and bends the path on itself."

Klejotogars asks, "Has that one come to pass?"

Miskton says, "I had seen that vision somewhat recently, but I don't seem to be encountering it now."

Klejotogars asks, "So the necromancers have accomplished some foul work under our noses then?"

Miskton says, "Entirely possible. If it's escaped the notice of the Inquisition, I doubt there's anyone else who would know better, and be willing to share that knowledge."

Klejotogars says, "When I meet a necromancer I only get threats out of them."

Perune asks Klejotogars, "Not blood?"

Tarlof says, "Im not sure Ive ever met one."

Klejotogars says to Perune, "Sometimes. but blood tells me little."

Klejotogars says to Tarlof, "You've likely met on without even knowing it."

Miskton says, "Other visions that have ceased were those with bears and the Gor'Tog barbarian Drathrok. His charging into battle against the Elpalzi, and the opening of the Duskruin arena to help prepare adventurers for combat were quite notable, of course."

Tarlof says, "Fair to say."

Miskton says, "And then there was one other vision that had been seen around the time of the last meeting, but is not being seen anymore."

Miskton says, "Soot and smoke suddenly assaulted my senses of sight, smell, and taste. Through the oily blackness, I glimpsed a dragon-headed man striding confidently across a battlefield, spewing bright scarlet flames wherever he went and swinging orange-yellow fists at silhouetted enemies between breaths."

Miskton says, "And female seers would see a dragon-headed woman, I should note."

Miskton says, "It was around that time that the Warrior Mage guild released a modified pattern for the Dragon's Breath spell, which seems the likely relation there."

Miskton says, "That brings us to the three visions from the time of the last meeting that are still being seen."

Klejotogars says, "The donkey in the cave vision."

Klejotogars asks, "Have we discussed that visions resolution?"

Miskton says, "I believe not."

Klejotogars says, "I was reminded of it while seeking knowledge."

Klejotogars says, "I climbed an icy mountain and rested in a cave where I met a spirit that feed off of me and at the same time feed me knowledge."

Klejotogars says, "I learned the pattern for the read the ripples spell there."

Miskton says, "Ah, yes, I know the spirit you speak of."

Klejotogars says to Miskton, "He was the donkey."

Miskton says, "Yes, I could see that. Stubborn, certainly."

Miskton says, "Anyway, I'll make a note of that..."

Miskton says, "As for the visions that continue..."

Miskton says, "I saw a pair of glowing blue hands with slender fingers and lacquered nails. As I watched, water slowly pooled up in the cupped palms, tinted metallic blue by the glow. However, I noticed that the water did not behave like water at all: it sporadically climbed into the air in little forked tendrils, passed through the flesh of the hands without dripping below, and frothed over with sparks. After several seconds, the hands began trembling and threw away the strange liquid, which crackled into nothingness."

Miskton says, "When we spoke about this at the last meeting, Klines had noted that the hands seemed a fairly good match to recorded representations of the Heralds."

Navesi says, "A very good match. The Heralds we saw were glowing slightly, with blue skin, and always had nails lacquered in a striped manner."

Miskton says, "And from there, and the odd behavior of the water, the possibility of elemental sorcery came up."

Miskton says, "I've not heard any reports of such things being spotted or heard about, but anyone researching it might not be keen to share their notes."

Perune says, "I think if you're seeing Heralds, you'll know when there's a problem. The world will."

Miskton says, "Oh, yes. I also made a note last time that the way the hands threw the liquid away could also be pointing toward sorcery, which the Heralds would object to."

Miskton says, "The next vision..."

Miskton says, "Solid shadows rolled before my eyes, becoming twelve glass marbles laid out on a swath of dark blue satin. From the edges of the fabric a purple smolder encroached inward ever so slowly. With callous patience, I watched it reach one of the marbles and cause it to fall into a black, burnt hole, only then feeling a twist of grief in my heart."

Miskton says, "I continue to feel that this represents the night sky, and that there is a good chance the purple smolder has something to do with the cloud which has been engulfing the constellation of the Wolf."

Miskton says, "There doesn't appear to be any visible change in it as yet, though."

Miskton says, "Though it might not take much for the constellation to no longer be visible, at this point."

Navesi asks, "Can you describe what it looks like at this point?"

Miskton says, "A vast canvas of red and purple-brown, with the stars forming the Wolf smoldering fitfully against it."

Klejotogars says, "There are fourteen stars in the wolf but only twelve marbles."

Miskton says, "Yes, I don't think it will be stopping at the Wolf."

Miskton says, "There are twelve planets we can see from our vantage point here on Elanthia."

Navesi says, "Yes, the theory I like best is that the marbles are the planets we can see, and the smolder represents some danger to Meraud or magic."

Klejotogars asks, "Hmm have one of the planets started to smolder as well?"

Navesi says, "No."

Klejotogars asks, "Which planet is most likely to pass by the wolf?"

You say, "But, could sorcery use on Elanthia really cause a planet to... well, be affected? They are so terribly far."

Miskton says, "I suppose Durgaulda might be the one to keep an eye on."

Perune says, "Depends on the sorcery, perhaps."

Navesi says, "Durgaulda is associated with Meraud, yes."

You say, "We can't even moongate to the moons."

Klejotogars asks, "Is durgaulda up during the night usually?"

Haikon says to you, "We gain power from moons and planets. It would not be impossible that that conduit can be two-way when magic is abused."

Lijarna says, "Our own sorceries already warp the threads of another plane."

You say, "That is a terribly foreboding thought. I pray this is some other symbolism."

Lijarna says, "The planets yet remain here in that of Abiding."

Lijarna says, "So it is not so far fetched."

Haikon says to Lijarna, "Not at all."

Navesi says, "It seems most likely that it's a metaphorical loss, meant to represent damage to one of the gods."

Klejotogars says to Navesi, "I'm thinking we'll know what's wrong when the planet is affected."

You exclaim to Navesi, "I don't like that one either!"

Klejotogars says, "Since that's when we feel regret."

Perune says, "By the time that planet is affected, it may be too late to stop it."

Navesi says, "The two visions together certainly suggest something will be changing about the nature of our magic."

Haikon says, "Of course, the planet could be Elanthia."

Perune says, "Not sure we should wait that long."

Navesi says to Haikon, "The current theory is that the viewpoint is Elanthia, and the twelve are the other planets. But I suppose you could be right."

Miskton says, "Considering that we don't know the actual nature of that cloud out there, the danger to the planets may not necessarily be metaphorical. Though I'm not sure what we could do to something on that scale to stop it, anyway."

You ask, "Stop using sorcery?"

Klejotogars asks you, "Are you going to make people stop?"

Klejotogars asks, "Shall we write a letter?"

Klejotogars asks, "Who should we address it to?"

Klejotogars asks, "Mortom had ideas on that didn't he?"

You say, "Course nae, I am no enforcer. But we can do what we may to spread the word."

Perune says, "If you believe apathy is the best solution, you may as well head to Maelshyve's temple now and hand yourself over."

Klejotogars says to Perune, "I'm being entirely serious."

Xanithar asks, "When you say sorcery do you mean Teleologic sorcery or all sorcery?"

Haikon says to Klejotogars, "I did not foresee such a scholarly solution from an inquisitor."

Perune says, "Mistanna has a point. Everyone in a guild is a representative of that institution and a voice. If you believe your peers are abusing magic, it may benefit you to figure out how to handle that."

Navesi says to Xanithar, "All sorcery damages."

Klejotogars says to Xanithar, "Probably teleologic sorcery. When the warrior mages start thier sorcery as well, that's when we'll regret it most likely."

Lijarna says, "Given that half of the lunar mages were willing to wade into sorcerous waters at the last enclave, it remains a rather steep hill to climb."

Tarlof asks, "Any idea's how to approach the subject with your fellows?"

You say, "Bringing up that vision may be a good start."

Perune says, "And finding a group of like-minded peers would help continue the progress."

Miskton says, "It's certainly been brought up before. I don't think Malzard ever had much luck, but maybe with enough signs of danger people could be convinced to listen."

Perune says, "The hill is horribly steep, but sitting at the bottom won't help you."

Haikon asks, "And what if we discover that sorcery is causing the damage?"

Haikon says, "Those who abstain will still suffer from those who do not."

Klejotogars says to Haikon, "You likely have to MAKE those using sorcery stop."

Xanithar says, "And exterminate the necromancers on top of it."

Haikon says to Klejotogars, "I am unclear why this is not on the table now."

You say, "Tis hard to speculate on what-ifs sometimes. It's also quite hard to make anyone do most anything, people find their ways."

Perune says, "There's no reason it can't be. Sorcery isn't accepted by any of the provinces right now."

Miskton says, "Well, one of the largest group of lunar sorcerers tend to violently kill anyone who comes even close to standing in their way, so that has been a problem."

You say, "Anything they don't want to do, I mean."

Perune says, "If you have problems with members of your own institutions, other guilds may be willing to help you."

Perune says, "I know I would."

Miskton says, "And if older visions are any judge, they are probably trying to work on sorcerous methods to fight Pelag ai Aldam, which will almost certainly make things even worse."

Miskton says, "The Children of Kalestraum have no love for the moon mage guild, either."

You say, "The Children are not part of the Moon Mages Guild. They are a terrorist faction that we have been fighting for decades."

Klejotogars says to Perune, "He is not necessarily referring to members of our institution."

Haikon says to Miskton, "I do not think that needs an almost."

Miskton says, "Well, there's always the chance they could simply blow themselves up before causing much more harm. But they seem too clever for that."

You say to Miskton, "It's nice to hope though."

Haikon says, "I wish it were true that the consequences of their self-destruction would stay with them."

Perune says, "World is too grim for that, unfortunately."

Haikon says, "We only have so many shadowy marbles."

Xionara softly asks, "What exactly do you all think that purple cloud represents?"

Navesi says, "Purple... in my experience is a color associated with sorcery."

You say, "Purple in visions is oft representative of sorcery."

Xionara softly asks, "All sorcery?"

Navesi says, "Lyras flickered with purple and white energy, for example, and wore purple as her chosen color."

Xionara softly asks, "Or necromantic sorcery?"

Miskton says, "Although, I should note that while there may be some deeper meaning behind the purple cloud, it is also a quite literal thing out there in space."

Navesi says to Xionara, "I am not certain of that part."

Klejotogars says to Xionara, "All sorcery is purple."

Haikon asks, "Are there any other known associations with the color?"

Klejotogars says, "Sorcery is just a corruption of magic. Necromancy is the corruption of life magic."

Navesi says, "Royalty, perhaps."

Lijarna says, "The Prophets tend to associate with the color."

You say, "The Prophets of G'nar Peth."

Haikon says to Navesi, "Wealth."

Klejotogars says, "Gnar'penthians wear purple but in this case with the flames is definitely sorcery."

Haikon asks Klejotogars, "How can you be so sure?"

Klejotogars says, "The symbols have been seen before."

Klejotogars says, "They are around the wolf constellation which deals with magic."

Haikon says, "The Pethians are magicians."

Lijarna says, "The semblance of sorcery is rather straightforward, even in visions, compared to the truths of the Master."

You say, "The last time there was symbolism that represented the Pethians in visions, it was a purple snake, shedding it skin."

Klejotogars says, "The wolf constellation is not the constellation for Gnar'pethians or lunar mages. It is the constellation for ALL magic."

Klejotogars says, "Gnar'pethians deal with change and the things that are not seen."

Haikon asks Lijarna, "Have his writings alluded to anything looking like those marbles before?"

Haikon asks, "Or one of the associated numbers?"

Haikon says to Klejotogars, "You did mention the arrow as a sign of a catalyst."

Lijarna says, "Nothing so simple to connect... or anything that feels so... wrong as that cloud."

You say, "Pethians have an... odd sort of style... that doesn't seem to be prevalent in the current visions. However as shrouded in symbolism as our visions are from our outreach into the plane of probability, it is quite difficult to do more than speculate and debate."

Xionara softly asks, "So. If the cloud is sorcery, or necromantic sorcery in particular, what planet is it targetting then? Durgualda?"

Navesi says to Xionara, "It's possible. That is Meraud's planet."

Xionara softly asks, "And if that planet is removed, how does that affect us?"

Xionara softly asks, "Earthquakes? Volcanic eruptions?"

Navesi quietly says, "Unknown."

Haikon says to Xionara, "...probably a lot of things."

Xionara softly asks, "Does our planet spin out of control due to gravitational shifts?"

Navesi says, "If it truly affects Meraud, it would represent a vast change to magic, if not a complete loss of it."

Xionara softly asks, "Could it just be symbolic, and not a physical destruction?"

Klejotogars says to Xionara, "Those things are all the unseen and therefore all could come to pass."

Miskton says, "The physical effects would probably take some time to manifest, and a fair bit of math to work out what they might be. The effects on magic, and that might ripple through the other planes might be more immediately felt."

You say, "Or possibly, nothing on the plane of abiding, except the lack of one of our sources of divination. However, in other planes where magic is the fabric of their existence, not just something unseen to manipulate, the effects could be far worse."

Xionara softly says, "I hesitate to start a witch hunt on those in my guild who practice sorcery for research purposes.. those who are not dabbling in necromantic magics."

Navesi says, "If it is merely physical, I can only speculate that it would not affect our own planet's orbit much, but it would certainly affect Lunar mana."

You say, "Stop reading my mind, moon mage."

Haikon says, "The gravitational effects would be negligible."

Miskton says, "It depends on the type of sorcery we're talking about. If they're just trying to use spell patterns using non-elemental magic, the larger effects aren't really anything to worry about. Unless you happen to be standing close to one of them at the time."

Miskton says, "If they're dealing with things like Blackfire... Well, that's a different story."

Klejotogars says, "Hopefully that spell stays lost."

Navesi says to Miskton, "I have been wondering about that lately. I'd like to read up on such sorcery. I wonder if it is doing more damage than most people realize."

Klejotogars asks Navesi, "Do you have any evidence of it?"

Navesi says, "That is, perhaps it is not merely damaging to the mage's body -- and mind -- but perhaps it is also doing more metaphysical damage."

Navesi says to Klejotogars, "No, just my suspicions."

Miskton says, "Well, it's certainly akin to juggling open bottles of naptha while lighting a cigar. But the higher forms of sorcery are chipping away at a higher level of reality. In different ways, depending on the different forms."

Miskton says, "I believe in the case of elemental sorcery it has something to do with boundaries between the different elemental planes, but I'm not too well versed in that."

Xionara softly says, "Most of us are not."

Navesi says, "I am merely looking for possible sources of damage of which we may be unaware, since it seems something may be happening to damage magic and it is not obvious precisely what. It may be the true sorceries alone, true, but there may be something else."

Xionara softly asks, "There are no visions for what comes after the planet is tossed away?"

Miskton says, "Not as yet."

You ask, "Sometimes things smolder long after the source of fire is gone. What if it is merely lingering effects from the icosahedron?"

Xionara softly asks you, "Icosahedron?"

Klejotogars says to Navesi, "More advanced sorceries damage the very fabric of our world and can not be accomplished without some connection to it. Casting any normal spell is just a breeze compared to the storm that is brewing."

Perune says, "There's a lot of lingering effects. The Devourer and her demon weakened our plane greatly."

You say to Xionara, "It was stolen from the vaults here in Shard, tampered with, and then damaged. When it exploded, there was no magic, none, for days. Empaths could not heal themselves, even. It was quite... interesting."

Navesi asks Klejotogars, "Do you have evidence for that?"

Klejotogars asks Navesi, "Shall I write a report for you?"

Xionara softly says to you, "That."

Navesi says to Klejotogars, "I would be most obliged."

Haikon says to Klejotogars, "I would read it."

Xionara softly says to you, "Is much more dangerous than any mage fiddling with a spell from another school of magic."

Haikon says to you, "I'm not familiar with this."

Haikon asks, "Where was the icosahedron from?"

Haikon asks, "What did it look like?"

Miskton says, "Wherever the Tezirites found it. I don't know that they cared to share the details of how they came by it in the first place."

You say, "It might have resembled the same 'Hand of Meraud' that Prince Vorclaf had used in his battle against Lyras. It was made of orichalcum, with a self-repeating design on each of its twenty surfaces."

Navesi says, "It was called the Hand of Meraud, and it was stored in a Moon Mage vault before it was stolen."

Xionara softly says, "So something of great value to combat necromancy, which is often represented by the color purple, has been lost.."

Klejotogars asks you, "So you think there may be a fundamental shift in magic?"

Perune says to Xionara, "I don't think that's really what it was for."

Xionara softly says to Perune, "That's what it was used for."

You say, "There was definitely a shift when the Icosahedron exploded. Some spells could not work with the new patterns, some changed. We have to learn magical feats in order to even harness mana like we used to and channel it into cyclic spells."

Perune says, "The Prince was blessed, the Hand was something else, ancient, likely. I'm not sure it was meant for combating Necromancers."

Haikon asks you, "Was there a response from the spirits?"

You say, "Mortom certainly wouldn't answer any of my questions on it. He advanced me by twelve circles instead and sent me on my way."

You say to Haikon, "From extra planar, or Immortals? None that I recall at the time."

Miskton says, "Well. There was one more vision that's still being seen since the last meeting... and I haven't even gotten to the one that came and went in the time between then and now."

Xionara softly says, "I hope there are some that give more information to go on."

Miskton says, "I found myself dangling over the edge of a sheer rockface, gripped at the scruff of my neck by a transparent hand. I struggled and clawed, but my flailings only met empty air. Instead of simply dropping me, my captor flung me out with such force that the vision itself jarred violently, coming to an end, even as I heard my own frightened yell trailing off in the distance."

Haikon says to you, "I mean the spirits of the People, those we hear as shaman."

Haikon says, "But, yes, perhaps we should move on."

You say, "Nae, I do not recall anything of that nature."

Xionara softly says to Miskton, "That is a strange vision..."

Miskton says, "Not a whole lot go on for this one. There's the possibility of some sort of telekinetic magic being involved."
You say to Miskton, "That poor creature, I hope someone catches it."

Klejotogars asks Miskton, "Did you say it is not seen anymore?"

You say, "I saw that vision earlier today."

Miskton says, "This one is still being seen."

Lijarna says, "It remains, aye."

Xionara softly says to Miskton, "That does sound like some kind of telekenetic force, much more powerful that what I've seen done."

Miskton says, "This, and the two preceding ones are the only visions I've seen, of late."

Miskton says, "But yes, still not a great deal to go on with that one."

Haikon asks, "Anything to that cliff?"

Miskton says, "Nothing particularly notable to tie it to a particular place other than being a sheer drop."

Xionara softly says, "That could also point to a coming change that you cannot avoid."

Lijarna says to Xionara, "That has been my feeling from the vision."

Haikon says, "Maybe it refers to a change that is not gradual."
You say, "But the creature knows quite clearly it is in danger, as it struggles."

Xionara softly says, "Maybe, maybe not. It looks like danger."

Xionara softly says, "But the creature doesn't actually fall down, it's just pushed away from the cliff, and since it doesn't know what's happening, it screams."

Klejotogars says to Xionara, "I'm sure it knows it's thrown when it is thrown."

Haikon says, "It hears its own scream."

Xionara softly says to Klejotogars, "It doesn't know why, or into what, or what is going on, what force is gripping it."

Xionara softly says to Klejotogars, "The vision is not, a man dressed in black picks you up and flings you."

Khaelyn says, "If you will all forgive me."

Haikon says, "It knows the hand is transparent even though it's behind its neck, which is pretty weird."

Xionara softly says to Haikon, "That is odd."

Klejotogars says, "It is a transparent hand. Just the same as a man in black."

You say, "I'm not sure it knew or cared it was transparent, but it know something had it and was still trying to claw at it."

Miskton says, "Well, in thrashing around you might expect to see some sign of something gripping you."

Xionara softly says, "It reminds me of being flung into the unknown."

Klejotogars says to you, "I think it was trying to grab the cliff or find something to hold."

Haikon says to Miskton, "To expect, perhaps, but to see something gripping your neck from behind is impossible."

Haikon says, "That is where I rub salve on my pet turtle when it needs medicine so it cannot lick it off."

Xionara softly says to Klejotogars, "I'll have to disagree with you. Seeing a physical man in black grabbing me versus a transparent hand that I don't know where it's coming from are quite different, and more confusing."

Klejotogars says, "I agree with Miskton too much is unknown."

Xionara softly asks Haikon, "You have a turtle?"

Klejotogars says to Xionara, "It is a thing known though. The creature is fully aware of what is happening more or less."

Haikon says to Xionara, "Indeed."

Xionara softly says to Haikon, "Interesting."

Miskton says, "So, let's see... The remaining vision is one that was seen for a brief period of time, and then resolved. I'm fairly confident in what it was representing."

Miskton says, "Mists swirled about me, coalescing into a pair of figures pouring over a cluttered desk. Though the words were distorted, it was clear they were engaged in a passionate argument. One, an older Elf, pointed toward his chest before pounding a fist on the desk. This caused the Elothean to jerk away from the table, a look of disgust on her face which she quickly suppressed. Shoulders slumped she claimed a single slender volume from the desk and walked away."

You say, "Ahh."

Miskton says, "I believe the people from the vision are Guildmaster Prime Taramaine and Heritage Keeper Raelyka."

Navesi quietly says, "Sounds like Taramaine."

Haikon asks, "What is the book?"

Miskton says, "They did, in fact, have a bit of an argument recently. Some of which ended up being overheard as they walked through Throne City."

Navesi asks, "It culminated in the release of two spells, yes?"

Miskton says, "Lijarna and I were both there, and thankfully Taramaine was not too put off by running across us."

Lijarna says, "He was rather indulgent in not minding our presence."

Miskton says, "The book may have been the journal of Darrial Braun."

Miskton says, "The research behind Braun's Conjecture was somewhat in dispute, but the journal seemed to tie the bulk of the work to Darrial Braun."

Miskton says, "Taramain's ancestor."

Klejotogars asks Miskton, "Can you summarize the dispute?"

Miskton says, "The Heritage Keepers think the base work for the pattern was developed by Jon Ilbani. The Guildmaster Prime disagrees, and the journal was presented as evidence."

Miskton says, "Oh, I'm sorry. The journal indicated that the original work was done by Jares Braun, then refined by Darrial Braun."

Miskton says, "We spoke to Raelyka a bit afterwards, and the Destiny Cipher spell also came up. That one is original research by members of Heritage House."

Lijarna says, "While he was satisfied with the release of the new pattern, discussion of its roots was not appreciated."

Miskton says, "Oh, and yes. The matter of Tiv's health came up during the discussion as well."

Haikon asks, "Why are the roots of this conjecture off limits?"

Miskton says, "It seems his mind is nearly recovered, but there are still lingering effects of his ordeal."

Klejotogars asks, "Do we know the roots of the new pattern?"
You say to Miskton, "It is quite good to hear that he is doing well."

Miskton says, "Destiny Cipher is based off of elements of the different moon mage sects and their use of tools to aid in prediction."

Lijarna says, "And perhaps he has returned to us with unique knowledge from his wandering through the darkness."

Klejotogars asks, "But Braun's conjecture?"

Klejotogars says to Lijarna, "I think it was more like a very bright blinding light."

Miskton says, "The official guild stance is that the original base of the pattern was developed by Jares Braun, and then Darrial Braun wrote down his notes which helped to refine it."

Klejotogars asks Miskton, "And the unofficial?"

Miskton says, "Heritage House researchers found conflicting records indicating that the original work was developed by Jon Ilbani."

Klejotogars asks, "The sophister?"

Miskton says, "He certainly did enough work with Enlightened Geometry for it to be quite plausible."

Klejotogars asks, "So guildmaster Braun took credit of the work of the monks?"

Haikon says, "That's mathematics for you."

Miskton says, "I've not seen any of the sources personally, so I couldn't say for certain the merits of either theory."

Perune says, "Moon Mage spell research sounds highly political."

Klejotogars says to Perune, "Political problems would be welcome at this point."

Perune says, "I'm sorry to hear that."

Miskton says, "Having mentioned all this, I should note that the Heritage House researchers have agreed to accept Taramaine's evidence as the official guild stance. So if anyone wishes to pursue the matter otherwise, you do so at your own risk. I'd certainly be interested in reading all the sources if I get the chance, though."

Miskton says, "And that, I believe, covers all that I have to discuss for this meeting."

Klejotogars asks Miskton, "What happened to the last person to cross Taramaine?"

You say to Klejotogars, "Noone knows."

Miskton says, "The last one I'm aware of... ended up working for him."

You say, "That's far less fun."

Haikon says to Miskton, "What a tyrant."

Lijarna says, "The best place to keep someone troublesome is under direct supervision, perhaps."

Klejotogars asks, "Wasn't there an argument with Mortom and Taramaine at one point?"

Miskton says to Lijarna, "Something to that effect, I think."

Miskton says, "Tozu certainly didn't seem to be pleased, last time I saw him."

You ask Klejotogars, "Just one?"

Klejotogars quietly says, "And an attack on this very tower. . ."

Klejotogars says to you, "I'm asking."

Klejotogars says to you, "You're welcome to strike any treasonous words from the record."

Klejotogars says, "Although I'm sure treason from a fly isn't worth much attention."

You say to Klejotogars, "Hrm? No I'm just saying they probably argue... well, more than once."

Miskton says, "Anyway, thank you all for coming! I think there was some good discussion tonight."
Re: Visions Meeting 03/25/2016 03/26/2016 01:33 AM CDT
Whyyy do I always have RL stuff going on when these happen :(

Cool log, thanks for posting!

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs