Nimbi attack the Moon Mage guild in Shard 06/19/2015 11:00 PM CDT
Moon mages experienced a premonitory vision earlier today warning of an attack on the Shard guild. Shortly thereafter a rift tore open atop the Great Tower and nimbi spilled forth. They were met with force and Shard Guildleader Mortom Saist was able to seal the rift. No parties took credit for the attack and the obelisk within the Frozen Heavens remained in the same condition as Tozu repaired it ~16 years ago.

As the rift was miles away from the obelisk and no mages were seen in the vicinity of the rift itself it's likely that the rift was opened from the Plane of Probability rather than the Plane of Abiding. If so, our enemy could be a hitherto unknown extraplanar entity from the PoP.

It is also possible that someone (The Children of Kalestraum perhaps) or something has studied the obelisk and discerned how to manipulate it's energies.

All moon mages should be on guard. A power strong enough to rift between Planes is a threat to everyone on all Planes.

Below are links to the warning vision itself, information on the Plane of Probability (the origin of nimbi), Shard Guildleader Mortom Saist, his apprentice Tozu, who repaired the obelisk in the past, and the account of that repair.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Vision_list

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Plane_of_Probability

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Nimbus

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Mortom

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Tozu

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Nimbi_vanish_and_a_portal_is_mended_-_3/17/2011_-_17:11:18

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Nimbi attack the Moon Mage guild in Shard 06/27/2015 02:59 PM CDT
Pardon the delay, but here is what log I have of the attack.

I was not able to personally witness the rift opening or stay close to the Guildleader's side during this attack, and I also heavily trimmed the log for relevancy. It is believed that either (and by most popular theory) the rift was not opened from the plane of abiding, or else who or whatever opened it was quite sneaky about it. Once the surge of nimbii were banished, Guildleader Mortom was able to place a seal upon the rift, closing it temporarily. There are no present witnesses, evidence or confirmed suspects in this assault upon the Shard Moonmage's Guildhall as of yet. If anyone out there has further information, please do post as well!

Guildleader Mortom says, "Hello, my students."
You say, "Guildleader."
Marcul says, "Good evening, Master."
Skezz says, "Master Mortom."
Guildleader Mortom says, "I can guess why you've come."
Pormithius softly says, "Greetings all, welcome to Shard for those of you who saw the vision and came this way."
Guildleader Mortom says, "Yes, I saw it as well. I will prepare things here, but you should explore the area for anything suspicious."
Marcul says, "I doubt you'd be guessing."
Pormithius softly says, "Will do."
Skezz asks, "Shall we?"
Esmian asks, "So what's happening?"
You say, "We've been instructed to search the area."
Sendithu asks, "Oh?"
You say, "I already checked the cellar."

A rampaging nimbus drifts silently into view.
A rampaging nimbus drifts silently into view.

You exclaim, "Oh!"
Esmian asks, "Hm?"
You say, "That probably shouldn't be here."
Esmian says, "Well...what is that."
Kattandra says, "I would guess nae."
You say, "Shadow spells will harm it more."
Kattandra asks, "Is it undead?"
Esmian says, "Spears work fine."
Shaidval says, "No."
Synamon asks, "What is attacking?"
You say, "Nimbii."
Synamon asks, "Are they fluffy?"
Kyrse asks, "Do I want to know what they are?"
Marcul says, "Still several around, south of us. If you are capable fighter, that is."
Guildleader Mortom says, "We must stop them from spreading throughout the Tower and into the streets."

[Moon Mage Guild, Aviary]
You also see a rampaging nimbus that is radiating a glowing aura, and a coruscating planar rift of swirling light and shadow.

Zamara says, "Throw moon mages into it."
You say, "Well that's troublesome."

> look rift
Hovering roughly two feet above the ground in vacant space, the jagged tear in reality emits a chilling aura of frigid air that wraps it in a vaporous shroud. Tendrils of shadow lash outward only to turn back into themselves while novas of cold light flash between them

> focus rift
You focus your magical senses on a coruscating planar rift of swirling light and shadow.
The planar rift has no discernible magical pattern.

> go rift
You can't do that.

Pormithius softly says, "A bit."
Esmian says, "Oh, that rift. I figured that wasn't natural."
Pormithius softly says, "Here watching and waiting."
Purefang asks, "Where is triage?"
You say, "In Mortom's office atop the tower."
Esmian asks, "So what did you moon mages do this time?"
You exclaim, "Wasn't me! I showed up and there were Nimbi all over!"

Addrius moves toward the coruscating planar rift but immediately backs away as a shadowy tendril lashes out.

Lasciel says, "I want to go in the rift."
Skezz asks, "Anyone seen a haralun cutlass?"

Unable to sustain itself any longer, the final vestiges of the planar rift collapse in a rush of cold air.

You exclaim, "Aha!"
Addrius says, "It's gone."
Esmian says, "Well, I guess it's gone."
You exclaim, "It closed!"
Mortom smirks at Addrius.
Esmian asks, "We know what that rift was?"
Guildleader Mortom says, "Well, at least that proved effective for the time being."
Skezz exclaims, "I see your plan worked!"
Skezz asks, "What did you do?"
Lasciel says, "Someone cast Riftal Summons with no moons I bet."
Lasciel says, "Broke it."
Levinas calmly says, "All the moons were out."
Lasciel says, "There are never any moons."
Guildleader Mortom says, "I could not have set up the proper wards without the nimbi being destroyed, thank you all."
Kyrse says, "Those things hurt..."
Lasciel asks, "OK we saved the kingdom, what is our reward??"
Skezz says, "Thank you for warding the tower master Mortom."
Lasciel says, "I said we..."
Guildleader Mortom says, "I can see all of your training was put to good use this day."
Lasciel says, "Team effort."
Samsaren says, "That works."
Kyrse says, "I only made wind..."
Guildleader Mortom says, "It was less a ward and more of a temporary solution to the immediate problem."
You ask, "Is the Ferdahl and everyone else alright? What happened?"
Synamon says, "I am going to just stand here and pout, i think."
Esmian says, "And you all wanted to blame the goblins. See, it was rift silliness."
Seva asks, "And what's the root of the immediate problem?"
Aislynn quietly asks, "Anything we can do to help with the permanent solution?"
Guildleader Mortom says, "It was a very targeted assault, it seems."
Levinas calmly says, "Mortoms been doing this for a while, I think he realizes the obvious."
Marcul says, "Clearly."
Lasciel says, "Didn't seem all that threatening."
Kyrse asks, "Did you learn by whom?"
Levinas calmly says, "We cant have this kind of thing happen in this tower."
Belea says, "Given the proximity of the Ferdahl's chambers, perhaps we should likely increase the guard's presence in the tower, if that's the case."
Guildleader Mortom says, "You all did well stopping them. Now please excuse me while I prepare for the inevitable visit from our illustrious Grandmaster."
Synamon asks, "Nimbusi?"
You ask, "Is there a suspect? The Children?"
Lasciel says, "Nimbiiii."
Synamon says, "Nimb-gaggles."
Levinas calmly asks, "Taramaine in town?"
Esmian says, "I have a talking bear."
Esmian says, "Not exactly a marvel."
Guildleader Mortom says, "Things like this don't happen without getting his attention. Now please excuse me while I prepare for that visit."
Sendithu asks, "You are not a goblin. Are you?"
Levinas calmly says, "Fair enough."
You say, "They can barely forge steel. I doubt they have the capabilities to open extraplanar rifts..."
Lasciel says, "I can't believe that was it."
Lasciel says, "The Guildleader could have handled that himself."
Lasciel says, "I'm underwhelmed."
You ask, "Or something?"
Lasciel asks, "Mistanna, were those nimbuses stronger than normal?"
You say, "I didn't get to go toe to toe with any of them really, I was trying to watch triage."
Lasciel says, "How can you even call that an attack."
Lasciel says, "Tower should have blown up."
Lasciel says, "Nothing happened."
Lasciel says, "It sucked."
Guildleader Mortom says, "Some of the defenders, and our students, paid in blood. Please avoid disrespecting their sacrifice."
Lasciel says, "Whatever."
Kindelwyn says, "Guildleaders are pretty bossy."