New Visions! Join us for the next Visions Meeting! 02/26/2015 05:22 PM CST
Greetings friends and neighbors,

I would like to remind and invite all interested scholars and adventurers to the next Visions Meeting to be held in the Aviary of the Great Tower in Shard. Whether lunar mage or of other guilded professions, all are welcome to discuss the newest premonitions that Fate has revealed in the spread of the heavens.

Have you heard of the visions of stone, smoke and fire? The beats of a heavy march? The promise of metal striking metal among the whispers alluding to war? Join us tomorrow, Friday the 27th at 9pm Eastern to find out!

Moongates should be available, cycles permitting!

Thanks for your attentions!

Mistanna Redivas
Scribe of the Crystal Vanguard
Visions Meeting Log 02/27/2015 09:06 PM CST
[18:01] Miskton says, "Okay, I think it's time to begin. Thank you all for coming this evening."
[18:02] Miskton says, "I had been planning to start by discussing the recent visions that seem to be indicating an upcoming battle, but in light of what many of us saw a few minutes ago, I think we'll begin with that, instead."
[18:02] Miskton says, "For those who didn't experience it themselves..."
[18:02] Miskton says, "My vision darkened and blurred, resolving once again into an urban scene. A woman, cloaked in tan and crimson robes, approached a well-to-do man from behind. The robed woman surged forward and locked the man in a neck hold! The steel of her jagged knife glinted with unnatural light as she held it above the man's struggling chest. Just before the knife violently fell, the woman whispered into the man's ear, "Your hands so strong, so flexible. Perfect. I must have them."
[18:03] Haikon loudly says to Miskton, "What an accurate description. Quite like what I saw."
[18:03] Miskton says, "I think I heard someone mentioning necromancy... That does sound plausible."
[18:03] You hear Longs's faded thoughts in your head asking, "got that gate still?"
[18:03] Mazrian says, "How ominous. Has the woman or the knife appeared in other visions? They seem very distinctive."
[18:04] Elryyk says, "I seem to remember hearing something about a woman in a tower .... days past."
[18:04] Miskton says, "I don't recall anyone in clothing of that appearance, at least."
[18:04] Ibakha says to Miskton, "It... seems almost certain, yes. I cannot think of any other reason a madwoman with a knife would harvest an innocent for parts."
[18:04] Elryyk says, "Not sure if that has any relevance."
[18:05] Truu says, "All of my recent visions have had a familiar man in them...... at least for the last couple of days."
[18:05] Miskton says, "I suppose it's possible to simply be insane and not a necromancer, but that's only slightly better."
[18:05] Ibakha says to Miskton, "This was not merely purposeless violence though, as people here are so given to."
[18:05] Lasciel says, "The guy was well-to-do."
[18:05] Lasciel says, "Poor people have hands."
[18:06] Ibakha says, "But not fine ones."
[18:06] Lasciel says, "I'm just saying."
[18:06] Elryyk says, "Poor people have rough and weathered hands."
[18:06] Elryyk says, "Could be a cosmetic thing."
[18:06] Vohraus says, "Perhaps it was a vengeance-geared killing."
[18:06] Ibakha says, "The hands of a peasant or commoner are rough, calloused. She... clearly wanted... something of quality."
[18:06] Miskton says, "I didn't see anything that seemed to indicate what city it might have been, or much to identify the man other than likely being wealthy."
[18:06] Vohraus asks, "Such fine hands for.. stealing from the incapable?"
[18:06] Mazrian says, "Perhaps he was a musician."
[18:06] You say, "Or artisan..."
[18:07] Obahir says, "A scribe, even."
[18:07] Miskton says, "Tan and crimson robes and a jagged knife aren't much to go on, but at least they're something."
[18:07] Ibakha slowly says, "Knives are typically emblematic of ah, one thing in particular."
[18:08] Ibakha says, "Given the context."
[18:08] Mazrian asks, "Who wears tan and crimson?"
[18:08] Miskton asks, "Does that color combination, tan and crimson, bring anything to mind?"
[18:08] Ibakha asks, "People with bad taste?"
[18:08] Lasciel says, "Fashion faux pas."
[18:08] Lasciel says, "Tezirites."
[18:08] Ibakha says to Miskton, "Beyond resembling, superficially, some kinds of necromancy..."
[18:08] Lijarna says, "The way the knife shone with that unnatural light did suggest something magical, something arcane..."
[18:09] Ibakha quietly says, "Their knives are of no small significance to them."
[18:10] Mazrian says, "Mmm. If the woman is a necromancer, what would she be doing with the hands/."
[18:10] Lasciel asks, "What wouldn't she be doing?"
[18:10] Ibakha says, "Look to the Nameless Ones of Leth Deriel for that answer, I think."
[18:10] Lasciel says, "Zombie puppet shows."
[18:10] Miskton says, "Using them in the construction of some aberration, presumably."
[18:10] Lasciel says, "Or that."
[18:11] Hadrak asks, "Did you ever think of a Fallen Paladin?"
[18:11] Haikon asks Lasciel, "...or?"
[18:11] Mazrian says, "Perhaps constructing a pianist."
[18:11] Marssi says, "Probably something weird and gross, anyhow."
[18:12] Lasciel exclaims, "Marssi solved that vision, onto the next one!"
[18:12] Miskton says, "The hands being of importance are a bit worrisome, as I think on it more. Most undead creations don't seem to be particularly dexterous, or have the intelligence needed to do precise work. The ones that are seem to have mostly been created by quite powerful necromancers."
[18:13] Elryyk says to Miskton, "And for specific tasks."
[18:14] Miskton says, "Well... I wouldn't suggest accosting anyone just because they're wearing crimson and tan robes, but you all might want to keep an eye out, just in case."
[18:14] Mazrian says, "And maybe point out they don't have the coloring for it."
[18:14] Ibakha quietly says, "I believe it was not representing a specific person, myself."
[18:15] Lasciel says, "Oh I got another one. Zombie massage parlor."
[18:15] Miskton says, "Now for three visions that all seem to be linked together. It also seems like there's a progression between them, in the amount of smoke present, though the difference between the first two isn't easy to distinguish."
[18:16] Miskton says, "A faint smell of smoke tugged at my senses. As I focused on it, a murky haze settled upon my vision. A strong voice that commanded attention called into the miasma, "Set the smiths to work at once. Arm and armor us, and instruct all to seek their favors for battle. We will not wait for them to come to our doorstep." Blinking through the increasingly thick haze, my vision suddenly returned to normal, and the smell of smoke was gone."
[18:16] Miskton says, "I paused and turned at the sound of stone rolling across stone. A murky haze settled, accompanied by a weak smell of smoke. Great mounds of crumbled stone and metalwork loomed before me, and a fire blazed high into the sky from some other place apart from the rocky debris. Uniformed figures, each bearing a plain steel-hilted broadsword at their side, marched steadily towards me. As quickly as it came, the vision was gone, but the sound of marching feet echoed quietly in my memory."
[18:16] Miskton says, "A murky haze descended over my vision. It grew thicker, and a noxious stench of smoke overwhelmed me. The clash of steel on steel rang out all around, and cries of battle from man and beast alike echoed ominously in the chaos. A distinctly unpleasant voice whispered behind me, "You will not stand in our way." My vision flashed with searing pain as something sharp pierced my back! With a gasp, the vision vanished and my surroundings returned."
[18:17] Miskton says, "Preparations, marching to war, and the ensuing battle... perhaps."
[18:17] Lasciel says, "That last guy probably got his hands cut off."
[18:17] Lasciel says, "Or legs."
[18:17] Lasciel says, "I guess."
[18:18] Miskton says, "The Elpalzi up in Zoluren come to mind, though there's not anything explicitly linking these visions to them."
[18:18] Mazrian says, "Seems appropriate. Maybe an indication that they're not going to wait around while we figure out how to breach their fortress."
[18:19] Truu asks, "When did these visions start?"
[18:19] Mazrian asks, "Who uses plain broadswords like that, though?"
[18:20] Ibakha slowly says, "That was my initial thought."
[18:20] Ibakha says, "To find an object which resembles."
[18:20] Elryyk says, "I agree. To me those visions symbolize them attacking, destroying something, possibly even a city, and then the military marching to their Keep."
[18:20] Elryyk says, "The military does."
[18:20] Ibakha says, "I checked some of their militiamen. Theirs are not quite so."
[18:20] Miskton says, "I first started seeing these visions myself at the start of Shorka, though I believe others saw them a bit before that."
[18:20] Elryyk says, "It's all cookie cutter weapons and armor for the military. Not only is it cost effective, but the presence of an entire military looking identical and coming at you can be overwhelming to most."
[18:21] Ibakha says to Elryyk, "In cases such as this, the specificity of the detail is important."
[18:21] Ibakha says, "Yes, they are common issue swords, that of a militia. The question becomes which one."
[18:21] Elryyk says, "I agree."
[18:22] Truu says, "I think the female Crossing town guards carry them."
[18:22] Miskton says, "The Elpalzi footmen tend toward axes, so presumably not them."
[18:22] Lasciel asks, "What do the male Crossing town guards carry??"
[18:22] Truu says, "Longswords or some such."
[18:23] Lasciel says, "Fascinating."
[18:24] Miskton says, "It's also possible that a number of additional fighters will be raised in a short period of time and need to be equipped."
[18:24] Miskton says, "The voice in the first vision is calling for smiths to provide arms and armor, which implies that they didn't already have them."
[18:24] Lasciel says, "Could be a run on plain broadswords. Better stock up now."
[18:25] Ibakha says to Miskton, "Conscription."
[18:25] Ibakha says, "The present state of Zoluren's armies are not known to me, but perhaps it is insufficient for a sustained effort against the Reach."
[18:26] Miskton says, "I'm also unaware of just what the state of their army is, but that's entirely possible. Storming the Reach would almost certainly require a great deal of manpower."
[18:26] Haikon quietly says, "It was not an easy battle last time. The fortifications are well designed."
[18:26] Longs says to Ibakha, "Didnt Lady Maghana say they had 1000 or so troops at the ready now."
[18:26] Ibakha asks Longs, "Is that enough?"
[18:27] Ibakha says to Longs, "Serious question. I have no idea."
[18:27] Longs says to Ibakha, "Probably not but thats right now, no idea of reserves or anything."
[18:27] You say, "We'll likely have to ask the one that's getting the smiths to work in the first place."
[18:28] Ibakha says to Longs, "Perhaps they will request that the refugee Elpalzi fight after all."
[18:29] Miskton says, "When multiple visions form around what appears to be a single event, it tends to be something of some significance, so I imagine this is going to be quite a battle, whatever happens."
[18:30] Miskton says, "Though on the topic of battles... the visions indicating a coming magical battle out on Taisgath continue to appear. Nothing has changed since they've last been discussed, but they are still appearing, and foreshadowing dark times to come."
[18:31] Ibakha asks Miskton, "I wonder, ah... have the Crowthers or, well, anyone of note commented on Erzebet's death portent?"
[18:32] Miskton says, "I've not heard anything in that regard."
[18:32] Ibakha says, "I get the impression such silence is normal for here."
[18:33] You ask, "Things tend to be pretty quiet overall down here, really?"
[18:33] Ibakha says, "I mean from the guild's leadership."
[18:33] You say, "That too."
[18:34] Miskton says, "Many in the guild do take secrets very seriously, yes."
[18:34] Ibakha wryly says, "A very diplomatic answer."
[18:34] Lijarna says, "Secrets are currency. Secrets are power."
[18:35] Miskton says, "Let's see..."
[18:36] Miskton says, "We can go over some of the slightly older visions, if there are any people would like to discuss."
[18:36] Miskton says, "Or we can wrap things up. I know some of us will be making our way up north for the upcoming Tavern Troupe play before too much longer."
[18:37] Ibakha slowly says to Miskton, "I still mean to perform the summoning when the stars are correct for it."
[18:37] Lasciel asks, "There's a play?"
[18:37] Miskton asks Ibakha, "Ah, yes. Would you like to speak about that?"
[18:37] Ibakha says to Miskton, "Given my... observations, however, it is my preference that... most here not be physically present."
[18:38] Ibakha says, "A mirror might be arranged, if there are some willing to do so."
[18:38] Miskton says, "There will probably be someone who can be wrangled to provide one."
[18:38] Ibakha says, "It is my preference to perform it on the Plateau, should Cherulisa be willing."
[18:39] Ibakha says, "Haikon will be assisting me, as will perhaps a few others."
[18:39] Ibakha says, "My intent is to call on one of the great spirits to manifest and speak with us."
[18:39] Lasciel says, "Great spirits..."
[18:40] Ibakha says, "One of a more benevolent temperament."
[18:40] Ibakha says, "They do exist."
[18:41] Lasciel asks, "What are you summoning it for?"
[18:41] Ibakha says, "Wisdom. Insight. A way forward. And perhaps, if we are blessed, knowledge of where the root of this war lies."
[18:42] Lasciel says, "Good luck with that."
[18:42] Ibakha says, "I am aware past attempts have been made... but to be quite frank, all of your ventures were doomed before they started."
[18:43] Ibakha says, "When you have teleologic sorcerers leading your rituals you should not be surprised the response is a fist and not an open hand."
[18:44] Lasciel says, "Agree to disagree I guess."
[18:44] Marcul says, "I've heard enough of this Nomad."
[18:44] Lasciel says, "Or that."
[18:44] Lasciel says, "Go on, light a candle, sing a song, summon some spirits."
[18:44] Lasciel says, "Have a picnic while you're out there."
[18:45] Ibakha says, "I would let the east drown in blood and lie in the grave their ignorance has made were it not for the fact that it is spilling into the west as well."
[18:45] Ibakha says, "I cannot and will not fix you. But I will do my duty as a shaman and emissary to the spirits one way or the other."
[18:46] Miskton says, "I think it's worth trying, at least, and I'm interested in the outcome. It may not work, but..."
[18:46] Lasciel says, "If you manage to call up even a shadowling, I'll be surprised."
[18:46] Marcul says, "As you must, but I doubt there's a need for such insults to be strewn about so frivolously in attempting the act."
[18:46] Haikon says to Miskton, "This is what we do."
[18:47] Ibakha asks Marcul, "Why, I wonder, do you stand and take offense when I mention teleologic sorcery being an unwelcome perversion?"
[18:47] Ibakha says to Marcul, "No glance or accusation was levied at you. Work on your subtlety, Tezirite."
[18:47] Marcul says, "I take issue with you suggesting your piousness is a fix for any of us here."
[18:47] Miskton says, "Okay, and I think that is about enough of that."
[18:47] Marcul says, "I take issue with your hexing our entire land."
[18:48] Ibakha wryly says, "Were I Nera, I might command that much power."
[18:48] Marcul says, "Be thankful you are not. Such a child should not harness such a gift."
[18:48] Ibakha says, "But no, you do not need my help in that regard."
[18:48] Ibakha says, "You damn yourselves quite well all on your own."
[18:48] Elryyk says, "You're only aiding the Elpalzi by bickering."
[18:49] Elryyk says, "And what's driving them ..."
[18:49] Miskton says, "This is not a new argument to the guild, and one that I doubt is going to be hashed out here."
[18:49] Haikon quietly says, "...as though the Elpalzi were the limit of these problems."
[18:49] Lasciel asks, "Miskton, why you always have to be reasonable?"
[18:49] Elryyk says, "I agree. It should be for a separate time and place."
[18:49] Ibakha says to Miskton, "Thank you for your forbearance."
[18:49] Miskton says to Lasciel, "Entirely to vex you."
[18:49] Lasciel says, "They were just about to start casting on one another."
[18:50] Miskton says, "With that, I think we can call this to a close. I think it might be good to give people a chance to cool down."
[18:50] Lasciel says, "We'll just go drown in our bloody graves."
[18:51] Lasciel says, "Cool off a little."
[18:51] Lasciel says, "Self-righteous people irk me."
[18:51] You say to Miskton, "Thank you for discussing these topics for us. Always interesting when a conclave of us gets together."
[18:52] Lasciel says, "Particular emphasis on interesting."
[18:52] Vianae cheerfully says, "Thank you for having me."
[18:52] Vianae says, "Even though I am..."
[18:52] Miskton says, "Thank you all for coming."
[18:52] Vianae says, "Me."
[18:53] You say to Vianae, "Especially because."
[18:53] Marssi says, "Thanks again for hosting it."
[18:53] Ibakha says to Miskton, "I suppose I did not expect so many people to get so angry, so quickly."
[18:53] Ibakha says, "I should not have been surprised though."
[18:53] Lijarna says, "Thank you, as always, for your leadership."
[18:53] Ibakha says to Miskton, "I appreciate what you do here."
[18:53] Vianae asks Lasciel, "Would you like to see a play about frogs?"
[18:54] Haikon says to Miskton, "From myself as well."
[18:54] Lasciel says, "Either that or I'm going to partially displace someone."
[18:54] Miskton says, "I'm glad people appreciate it. I try to do what I can."