Visions Meeting! 01/17/2015 06:19 PM CST
Greetings, friends and neighbors!

The next Visions Meeting will be held once again in the Aviary of the Great Tower of Shard this coming Friday the 23rd at 9pmE. Scholars and fresh opinions from every guild are invited to attend as we discuss and debate visions and current events. A moongate from the Empath's guild in Crossing should be available, moons permitting!

We hope to see you there!

Mistanna Redivas
Scribe of the Crystal Vanguard
Re: Visions Meeting! 01/24/2015 02:48 AM CST
Good morning!

Here is the record from the Visions Meeting held yesterday evening.

Thank you!

Mistanna Redivas
Scribe of the Crystal Vanguard

[18:04] Miskton says, "So, thank you all for coming! For those of you who have been keeping up to date with moon mage visions, there's not much new to discuss this evening, but there is one vision that has come back after not being seen for some time."
[18:05] Miskton says, "And after all the visions and excitement relating to Drogor, it's good to cover the other visions that are still occurring, reminding us of what we may yet face in the future."
[18:05] Miskton says, "I'll begin with a vision that was first seen some time back, but that I've recently started experiencing again..."
[18:06] Miskton says, "I saw a line of statues against the background of a starlit night, each made of sleek black marble. The hems of a pair of ragged grey robes swept past my vision, accompanied by chatter in disconcerting, throaty voices."
[18:06] Arnau says, "Howdy."
[18:07] Miskton says, "There were a few ideas tossed around when that vision was list seen. Possibly the location being seen was Asketi's Mount, for instance."
[18:08] Akryn says, "Sorry, allergies."
[18:08] Celestrel calmly says to Akryn, "Bless you."
[18:08] Akryn says, "Doubt it, but thanks."
[18:08] Arandrowse says, "Knew it was somewhere around here."
[18:08] Miskton says, "And, for something new that I've prepared for this meeting..."
[18:10] Miskton says, "I've taken to putting down my interpretations of some visions in paint. Now, there's often a bit of a filtering effect that happens for each individual seer, where their minds may fill in some details. Visions can be precise in some matters, while vague in others, even when they seem like they should be obvious. Much like dreams in that regard."
[18:10] Miskton says, "It's possible to actually share visions even with those who aren't moon mages, of course, but it's not particularly reliable. And some people find it unsettling."
[18:11] Miskton says, "(OOC: You can READ the paper to see what's printed on it, on that note.)."
[18:11] Akryn asks, "Paper?"
[18:11] Akryn says, "Oh."
[18:12] Akryn says, "Almost stepped on it."
[18:12] Miskton says, "I thought this might help as an addition to simply describing what it is I experienced. Of course, not all visions can be easily put down in such a form."
[18:13] Miskton asks, "Does anyone have any thoughts or questions on that one?"
[18:14] Miskton says, "Then I'll move onto the other visions which continue to appear."
[18:14] Skaen asks, "Does anyone here frequent the Mount?"
[18:14] Sendithu says, "Liuri does, as part of his meditations."
[18:15] Miskton says, "Let's see... Two related visions."
[18:16] Miskton says, "One... Well, calling it a 'vision' is a bit of a misnomer, but it was experienced while attempting to view fate."
[18:16] Miskton says, "A voice filled my mind, "I see you Defiler. I claim you."
[18:16] Miskton says, "And the other..."
[18:17] Miskton says, "A figure suddenly appeared before me, that of a skinny Human with pale skin and short red hair. His hands were awash with blood that slowly pooled around his feet as he stood motionless. His eyes slowly focused on me and a slight sneer crept on to his face."
[18:17] Miskton says, ""So easy. So foolish. One has fallen already and we've barely begun. Go ahead, look towards your prophecies. This only ends one way."
[18:18] Akryn says, "That sounds like a dare."
[18:18] Skaen says, "If that was a vision of Pelag ai Aldam, it was probably more of a promise than a dare."
[18:18] Miskton says, "Pelag ai Aldam has long had a grudge against those of us that touch the plane of probability, of course, but in recent years he's become much more active."
[18:18] Ibakha says, "Please -- his name. It attracts him. It is terrible luck."
[18:19] Akryn says, "Sounds like he wants us to keep up our predictions, for whatever reason."
[18:19] Akryn says, "You all might be playing into his hands."
[18:19] Miskton says to Ibakha, "That... is more or less the reason I decided not to paint this particular vision."
[18:19] Ibakha says, "The names of the great spirits should never be uttered lightly, but his least of all."
[18:20] Skaen says, "As soon as say one should never travel astrally or predict the future."
[18:20] Akryn says, "Not saying we shouldn't."
[18:20] Akryn says, "Just saying we should be mindful of it."
[18:21] Miskton says, "Given what he has been doing of late, and attempting to interfere with seers, there are another two visions that may be related as well."
[18:21] Miskton says, "Though there are both less in the form of traditional visions, and more sensations."
[18:21] Miskton says, "I saw nothing of the future. No visions formed. No knowledge flooded my mind. It was only after several long moments of observation that I realized the shadows about me were lengthening, deepening and a persistent unease burrowed into me."
[18:22] Miskton says, "Moments after I became aware of the phenomenon it faded away."
[18:22] Miskton says, "And in the other..."
[18:22] Miskton says, "Fate hung heavy on me, almost tangible as it dragged at my thoughts and actions. My existence sent infinite ripples into the world about me, chaotic and unpredictable. Imperfect."
[18:23] Miskton says, "Both of those experiences are a marked departure from what normally happens for a seer attempting to reach out and touch fate."
[18:24] Miskton asks, "Anyone else here who has experienced similar events?"
[18:25] Skaen says, "The second seems like a ghost of what Tiv brought back with him, but aside from when he shared a glimpse of that with me, I have not."
[18:25] Sendithu says, "Pardon me."
[18:26] Miskton says, "On the one hand, it's not good for it to be a widespread phenomenon. On the other hand, there is some consolation in knowing it doesn't happen to myself alone."
[18:26] Akryn asks Miskton, "Apologies, as I arrived late, but how long ago did you see... that?"
[18:27] Miskton says, "I experience these things every so often when reaching out to fate. Within the last few nights."
[18:27] Akryn says, "I awoke from a nap I didn't plan on ending for a long while about that time."
[18:28] Ibakha slowly says, "Before leaving, we delved deep, my mentor and I. What we brought back was... not a vision or revelation as such, but more feelings. Similar, I suppose."
[18:28] Ibakha says, "Anger and pain, and...disappointment."
[18:29] Miskton says, "Anger and pain, certainly... Disappointment, I could see, but perhaps not from the red haired one. Unless it's disappointment at our survival."
[18:30] Ibakha says, "I do not think it was him. Few minds survive contact with his, no? But other spirits, yes. He is not the only angry one."
[18:31] Miskton says, "There's another vision that I think is related to the same general events in motion, but from a different perspective. While we attempt to study the problem, I believe the Children of Kalestraum may be doing so as well, but also taking action."
[18:31] Miskton says, "A voice, tired yet powerful whispered through the air, "He will pay for that. Prepare yourself, this will not end without more sacrifice - but I do not intend to splay myself across an altar for that beast."
[18:31] Miskton says, "A youthful echo, "I will not disappoint you."
[18:32] Miskton says, "There's nothing definitive there... But I believe Karosti intends to avenge Ealuik."
[18:33] Miskton says, "The 'beast' being referenced does worry me... Something killed Demosel, Amiss and Ealuik, but we don't know what."
[18:33] Akryn asks, "Deme-what?"
[18:33] Akryn says, "Oh. Nevermind."
[18:33] Ibakha slowly asks, "It seems likely to be the red-haired one, no?"
[18:33] Arnau asks, "Does this mean they suspect moon mages have done this?"
[18:34] Miskton says, "I think it is by his actions, but perhaps not directly by his hand."
[18:34] Skaen says, "Whomever had slain them had perfect knowledge of the future. All three had accepted their fate as sealed."
[18:35] Miskton says, "Is was also either invisible or... it occurs to me now, is capable of hiding itself from the web of fate."
[18:36] Miskton says, "Perhaps I should explain what was seen, for those who might not have experienced it."
[18:37] Miskton says, "Visions were seen of Demosel and Amiss' fates in advance, but then one night those visions came unbidden, in succession, and their deaths were felt."
[18:37] Miskton says, "Soft grey mist filled the air and I found myself facing an ancient human, her cropped hair whited by age but her cat-slitted eyes remained alert."
[18:38] Miskton says, "Addressing the mist she said, "I have no fear of you, but I am tired. Do what you ve come to do, it is my time. On that we agree." As if in afterthought she added, "And give her my regards."
[18:38] Miskton says, "The mists ignited as the woman slumped lifelessly."
[18:38] Miskton says, "Then Demosel's fate was felt to have unravelled."
[18:38] Miskton asks, "An elderly Halfling sat in a stone-walled study, squinting over a gilded scroll through thin silver spectacles. An errant breeze drew her attention as it tussled her hair. She gazed upwards, "She wasn't enough for you? No, I suppose not. Nor will I be. I ve seen it in the cards, that and so many other things. But that's just the problem, isn't it?"
[18:38] Miskton says, "And then the same thing for Amiss."
[18:39] Miskton says, "And then..."
[18:39] Miskton says, "I found myself gazing out over a forest, my arms draped casually on the balcony rail. Next to me was an elderly human with long snowy hair that framed a sleepless face."
[18:39] Miskton says, "He argued passionately with an unseen opponent, his words muddled but his intent and frustration clear. Apparently, he was losing the argument as he flinched slightly before lashing the air with sickly purple energy. An unearthly howl broke the silence in response, ramping in intensity as the arcane forces danced through the air."
[18:39] Miskton says, "He toppled over the rail."
[18:39] Miskton says, "And then we felt Ealuik's fate being torn asunder."
[18:41] Miskton says, "Whatever it is that the Children have planned, it's my fear that another vision shows the end result."
[18:41] Ibakha quietly says, "The obelisk."
[18:41] Miskton says, "And is the reason that I ask everyone to keep an eye and ear open for happenings on Taisgath."
[18:41] Miskton says, "I glimpsed a gigantic shell swarmed by living shadows. Magic crackled in the air though the vision faded before I could properly orient on the source."
[18:41] Miskton says, "My vision pulled back revealing utter pandemonium. Mage battled mage and massive arcane constructs crashed through towering wards."
[18:41] Miskton says, "Around them all the shadows grew closer."
[18:42] Ibakha slowly says, "It is the design of the red-haired one."
[18:43] Miskton says, "That's my thought. He is either commanding, or perhaps simply aggravating, the shadow creatures."
[18:43] Ibakha says, "He cannot destroy us all, not personally. So he will coax us into destroying one another, believing -- rightly, to be frank -- that we need very little compulsion to begin spilling blood."
[18:44] Skaen says, "Perhaps. I don't believe it was he who commanded or aggravated the colossus, however."
[18:44] Ibakha says, "The vision is a warning."
[18:46] Miskton says, "If his intent is to manipulate this conflict between the Children and the guild, he may be playing a dangerous game. Even for a being of his power, I would not underestimate the focused effort of the Children of Kalestraum, particularly given their skill with Teleological Sorcery. Unfortunately, we can't just sit back and let them attack him, because the other effects of whatever they do are likely to be catastrophic, to put it mildly."
[18:48] Skaen says, "Although it would be satisfying to see the Children destroy themselves against him."
[18:48] Skaen says, "If not for the collateral damage that would invariably occur."
[18:48] Miskton says, "There's another vision that may involve the Children... or at least seems to perhaps involve Teleological Sorcery."
[18:49] Miskton says, "The world darkened and I found myself watching a bustling crowd in monochrome hues. Interspersed among them, seemingly unnoticed by the crowd, were a handful of beings swathed in vivid purples. Delicate chains of smoldering silver threaded through the crowd, binding the interlopers together."
[18:49] Ibakha says to Miskton, "And this is related to the vision of the Web, with its burning nodes."
[18:49] Ibakha says, "At least, ah, that seems likely."
[18:50] Miskton says, "Or at least the actions of the Children, at any rate. Damage from sorcery..."
[18:51] Miskton says, "We're running a bit low on time, so I'll try to get through the last few visions quickly."
[18:51] Skaen says, "It would be interesting to know if the Guild has a list of those left alive."
[18:52] Miskton says, "I believe this one features Tiv..."
[18:52] Miskton says, "An old man sat in darkness. Alone. In his hands rested a cracked crystal that softly glowed with a sterile light, illuminating his frosty eyes."
[18:52] Miskton says, "He remained silent, his mind bent inward."
[18:52] Miskton says, "The crystal shattered."
[18:53] Miskton says, "Most interpretations of that which I can see do not bode well. And regardless, it's a sad vision... Tiv has suffered so much already, and for all our sakes."
[18:54] Miskton says, "And the last two visions to mention, I don't believe anyone has yet come up with a solid lead on what they might indicate, but I'll put them out there so people can think on them."
[18:54] Ibakha says, "Are his current whereabouts known? I have been told a few things."
[18:55] Miskton says, "I believe he was convalescing in Riverhaven for a time, but I'm not sure where he is now."
[18:55] Skaen says, "Most certainly Throne City, although no one has official word that I know of, for very obvious reasons."
[18:55] You ask, "I thought in Riverhaven?"
[18:55] You say, "Aye, it has been awhile."
[18:56] Miskton says, "I found myself soaring through the air, a crow accompanying me on each side. The wind tugged at my clothing as a sense of freedom filled me. I heard a cry to the left causing me to look towards the crow on that side. Crimson dribbled from its peppered brown feathers as its flight grew increasingly erratic."
[18:56] Miskton says, "It fell in silence."
[18:56] Miskton says, "And the other..."
[18:57] Miskton says, "I found myself shivering on a frozen landscape, the air thin and inhospitable. Snow piled several feet deep about me and rough stone walls rose in every direction. I trudged thoughtlessly through the snow seeking warmth and therefore life."
[18:57] Miskton says, "I eventually reached a cave that offered spare shelter, however it was currently occupied by a shaggy donkey. Perhaps it would offer enough warmth for me to survive the night. Or a last meal."
[18:57] Miskton says, "Fortunately the vision faded as night set in."
[18:58] Miskton says, "And with that, I believe it's about time to wrap things up if people are to make it to Riverhaven in time to join Liurilias."
[18:58] Miskton says, "I'm happy to discuss these visions at any time, however."
Re: Visions Meeting! 01/30/2015 05:24 AM CST
As a note for these meetings:

I recently fixed a bug that was screwing with what predictions were and were not showing up for event prediction, so please don't read too much into predictions that have suddenly "come back". Unless you think they've passed already and shouldn't be back. I don't think that'll be a problem, but I also thought I resolved this almost a month ago so...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose