the obelisk in the Frozen Heavens 11/29/2014 01:07 AM CST
Earlier today Elabela travelled to the Frozen Heavens to check on the obelisk there and discovered something amiss.
A team made the trip to further examine it and found that someone or something had removed the makeshift seal that Tozu crafted years ago. Any who care to see for themselves should take care to listen for avalanches within the snow choked passage of the Dragonspine Mountains.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Nimbi_vanish_and_a_portal_is_mended_-_3/17/2011_-_17:11:18

The empty setting was filled by a thealstone patch by Tozu Ayochi to seal the breach. Now it appears thus:

examine obelisk>
Crafted from some perfectly translucent material, the obelisk is perfectly smooth and unblemished. Settings for a disk roughly a handspan in diameter are set three quarters up each face. Sluggish swirls of red and orange dance erratically in the upward facing disk. The two side disks are composed of sickly black and dull blue materials. An empty setting gazes downward like a blinded eye from the final face.

focus obelisk>
You focus your magical senses on a translucent obelisk.
You sense a chaotic jumble of lunar magic flowing erratically through the obelisk, forming an unstable breach to the Plane of Probability. Whether this connection is by design or accident you could not say.

It is not recommended that you listen to the malevolent voice...

> study obe
An oily voice oozes from the obelisk, slowly filling your mind, "Freely listen to me... free, help me, free me. I need you. Betrayed. Betray you. You trapped me, me, me, ME. Listen. LISTEN. Save me. Must save me. Save rewards, yes. Quickly... Listen..." the voice trails off to a malicious whisper, until that too fades from your hearing.

Any information or speculation on how long the seal has been broken or who might have done the dirty deed are welcome.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: the obelisk in the Frozen Heavens 11/29/2014 10:55 AM CST
Apologies for any confusion, but it looks like the development version must have accidentally been pushed live at some point (Tozu never fixed the development version... go figure).

I've corrected the mistake.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: the obelisk in the Frozen Heavens 11/29/2014 01:43 PM CST
boo hiss.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: the obelisk in the Frozen Heavens 11/30/2014 12:47 AM CST
Very sorry to disappoint - but, yes, it was just a case of a flag getting corrupted at some point.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: the obelisk in the Frozen Heavens 11/30/2014 12:41 PM CST
>>corrupted

I wouldn't buy it, sounds like teleological sorcery. TEACH THE CONTROVERSY.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.