Visions Meeting Log 08/22/2014 10:38 PM CDT
Greetings!

Here is a record of the Visions Meeting hosted by Court Mage Miskton Ramahk in the Aviary of the Great Tower of Ilithi.

[18:02] Miskton says, "Okay, I think we can begin. Thank you all for coming to join us tonight."
[18:03] Miskton says, "Before we dive into the discussion, Zynara has graciously offered to provide some refreshments."
[18:03] Elmerund quietly says, "Thank you, Zynara."
[18:04] Miskton says, "And let's see, a quick check of my notes here... I seem to have misplaced something."
[18:05] Miskton says, "Ah, there we go. Just a few pages stuck together."
[18:06] Miskton says, "There's a couple ways we could go with this, but I believe I'll save the visions that I can see some links between for later on in the discussion, and start with the ones that seem to stand on their own."
[18:06] Miskton says, "Though perhaps you'll all help me see some ties between them."
[18:06] Atazai says, "I was actually thinking the same thing."
[18:07] Miskton says, "A figure floated before me, draped with a pleated robe formed of overlapping blue, crimson and black triangles. It clasped its sleeves before its chest and the hem of its robe trailed along the ground. Where a head might be expected, it had none, instead a featureless disk of fuliginous cambrinth bobbed gently above its stiff collar."
[18:07] Miskton says, "It carried no badge of office or coat of arms, but nevertheless it radiated order and absolute authority."
[18:08] Atazai says, "Post-y'shai."
[18:08] Miskton says, "The figure seems somewhat reminiscent of a Y'shai, yes. Though not quite the ones we know."
[18:08] Verrek mildly asks, "What is a Y'shai?"
[18:09] Verrek mildly says, "Pardon, I haven't hit the books enough lately."
[18:09] Elmerund quietly says, "I wondered the same... I was dead quite some time."
[18:09] Miskton says, "They're the guild's... enforcers, I suppose you could say."
[18:09] Miskton says, "Mages who have volunteered for a procedure that permanently bonds them to a set of cambrinth armor."
[18:09] Elmerund quietly asks, "Do they normally dress so elegantly, and carry themselves as so?"
[18:10] Verrek mildly says, "I figure they don't have a choice."
[18:10] Atazai says, "Usually they are encased in cambrinth armor that seems to be grafted to their skin."
[18:10] Verrek mildly says, "Yeap, no choice."
[18:10] Atazai says, "They volunteer."
[18:10] Miskton says, "They could wear robes over it if they wished, I suppose. But yes, the armor is not an option."
[18:11] Atazai asks, "So...no one in the Guild has said that is... uh... their doing?"
[18:11] Malzard wryly says, "Robes aside, I've known them to be fond of their heads."
[18:11] Lijarna says, "And they pay a price for the power they wield."
[18:11] Malzard says, "So, that's unusual."
[18:11] Atazai asks, "Are the Children making Y'shai?"
[18:11] Elmerund quietly asks, "Pardon my ignorance, as I only know little, and what little I know is of the Light. Is this "procedure" condoned by the build or instead seen as sorcery?"
[18:11] You ask, "I wonder if it is a denizen of the Astral Plane that we have not encountered before?"
[18:11] Jaesyn dryly says, "Even if dressed in a robe, a Y'shai's faceplate or helm would be visible instead of a featureless disk."
[18:11] Verrek mildly says, "Power always has a price."
[18:11] Miskton says, "It's an official part of the guild, yes."
[18:12] Verrek mildly says, "Featureless disk sounds like a cantrip."
[18:12] Elmerund asks, "Perhaps... someone has taken the procedure a step forward and began not just grafting the cambrith, but perhaps... replacing flesh and bone with cambrinth?"
[18:12] Atazai asks, "Seemed in charge, of whatever. Suggests it 'leads' something, an army maybe. Of lesser them?"
[18:13] You say, "You cannot always take visions terribly literally."
[18:13] Atazai says, "Y'shai Veiled Identity... That's interesting."
[18:13] Miskton says, "And given my understanding of what actually happens to a Y'shai, large parts of their original body are rendered... unnecessary. I would imagine the head would not be one of those, but perhaps with the proper preparations you wouldn't need all of it, or for it to be physically attached, with the right magic."
[18:13] Verrek mildly says, "The Head of an Army may have merit."
[18:13] Miskton says, "And yes, a denizen of another plane is another strong possibility. They can look very odd, indeed."
[18:14] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[18:14] Verrek mildly says, "It could link it to the other vision I had."
[18:14] Miskton asks Verrek, "Which one was that?"
[18:14] Verrek mildly says, "Mages, in a battle."
[18:14] Verrek mildly says, "Constructs attacking the walls."
[18:15] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[18:15] Miskton says, "Ah, yes... That's one of the ones I'll be speaking about later."
[18:15] Atazai says, "That one seems to make somewhat sense."
[18:15] Atazai asks, "But what can be done with a cambrinth head?"
[18:15] Atazai asks, "Is someone looking and acting through it?"
[18:16] Miskton says, "A construct is definitely a possibility, though. Given who I believe is planning the assault in that other vision, however, I'm not sure they would spend the time on making it look pretty. We'll come back to that, though."
[18:17] Miskton says, "I found myself shivering on a frozen landscape, the air thin and inhospitable. Snow piled several feet deep about me and rough stone walls rose in every direction. I trudged thoughtlessly through the snow seeking warmth and therefore life."
[18:17] Miskton says, "I eventually reached a cave that offered spare shelter, however it was currently occupied by a shaggy donkey. Perhaps it would offer enough warmth for me to survive the night. Or a last meal."
[18:17] Miskton says, "Fortunately the vision faded as night set in."
[18:18] Elmerund says, "Poor donkey."
[18:18] Miskton says, "I'm not sure what to make of that one."
[18:18] Verrek mildly says, "Or yummy, depending."
[18:18] Miskton says, "People get lost in the mountains, certainly."
[18:18] Verrek mildly says, "It would be a stretch, and I mean thin..but."
[18:18] Verrek mildly says, "Another vision."
[18:19] Verrek mildly says, "That could link it somewhat."
[18:19] Atazai says, "Mountains snowy ones."
[18:19] Lijarna says, "Would that we had some clue as to whose eyes we saw through, as they are likely someone of import."
[18:19] Atazai says, "Aesry has some. North and northwest of use obviously."
[18:19] Miskton asks Verrek, "Which one did you have in mind?"
[18:20] Atazai says, "Maybe someone will find the buried town."
[18:20] Atazai says, "North of Hib."
[18:20] Verrek mildly says, "Just a thought."
[18:21] Jaesyn dryly says, "I recently read of something similar to that vision in one of the histories about Guildleader Tiv."
[18:21] Miskton says, "Without more to go on, I'm afraid that one doesn't seem to be of much help. Remind people to bring plenty of supplies if they go trudging through the mountains, I suppose."
[18:21] Miskton asks Jaesyn, "Oh?"
[18:21] Atazai says, "This might be more."
[18:21] Atazai says, "Share it up."
[18:21] Verrek mildly says, "And a donkey."
[18:21] Elmerund asks, "What if it was someone asking for help?"
[18:22] Elmerund asks, "And the donkey perhaps is a clue?"
[18:22] Jaesyn dryly says, "I am trying to remember where I specifically read it. Let me check my notes."
[18:22] Atazai says, "I haven't hit a reputable library in years."
[18:23] Miskton says, "While Jaesyn checks his notes, another vision..."
[18:23] Miskton says, "This is actually a change to a vision which has already been seen before."
[18:23] Miskton says, "An old man sat in darkness. Alone. In his hands rested a cracked crystal that softly glowed with a sterile light, illuminating his frosty eyes."
[18:24] Miskton says, "He remained silent, his mind bent inward."
[18:24] Miskton says, "The crystal shattered."
[18:24] Miskton says, "So, Tiv may have plans to do... something."
[18:25] Lijarna says, "If the shattering was by his power."
[18:25] Verrek mildly asks Elmerund, "Want some of the good stuff?"
[18:25] Miskton says, "The crystal shattering seems like a bad sign at first glance, but perhaps not."
[18:25] Jaesyn dryly says, "Ahha."
[18:26] Elmerund quietly says, "I agree... I do not whom this person is... but perhaps they are losing power and control."
[18:26] Atazai says, "I ruined a lot of crystals and moond shards and stuff."
[18:26] Atazai says, "Moond...."
[18:26] Jaesyn dryly says, "I read in the tome Profiles in Magic: Volume 17, a description of Tiv's discovery of a cave on a mountain where spinoff of the sect of the Crystal Hand had not become involved in the dealings of the empire."
[18:27] Atazai says, "Mmm."
[18:27] Atazai says, "That sounds like a lead."
[18:27] Zynara says, "Good gravy."
[18:27] Atazai asks, "That kind of clicks?"
[18:28] Miskton says, "Worth making a note of, definitely."
[18:28] Atazai says, "Is it..."
[18:28] Jaesyn dryly says, "Specifically a place called the Frostweyr Spire."
[18:28] Atazai asks, "Are there still Monks out there not connected to the rest?"
[18:28] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[18:28] Atazai says, "Frostweyr bears."
[18:28] Atazai says, "West of here."
[18:29] Atazai says, "Finally."
[18:29] Atazai says, "Jeez celpeze."
[18:29] Jaesyn dryly says, "This script speaks of Tiv's initiation as a Moon Mage, so it's fairly old."
[18:29] Atazai says, "Decent."
[18:30] Atazai says, "But, unconnected Monks."
[18:30] Atazai asks, "Perhaps not on the radar for Guild enemies?"
[18:30] Atazai says, "A secret weapon."
[18:30] Atazai says, "Or."
[18:30] Atazai says, "Tiv could have left something in that cave."
[18:30] Miskton says, "It's possible that the result of whatever Tiv does with the crystal will lead him to seek something out."
[18:31] Atazai says, "I leave stuff all over."
[18:31] Zynara asks, "Have any sought this cavern out lately?"
[18:31] Verrek mildly asks, "Monks?"
[18:31] Miskton says, "Though I'm not sure he's in a condition to head out into the mountains on his own."
[18:32] Elmerund quietly asks, "May I ask who Tiv is?"
[18:32] Zynara says, "I would hope he is doing better, but that he is sage and not take a risk."
[18:32] Atazai says, "Ah."
[18:32] Atazai says, "That is a strange story, the recent part."
[18:32] Verrek mildly says, "Leader of the Monk's of the Crystal hand."
[18:32] Zynara says to Elmerund, "He is a very revered guild master."
[18:32] Verrek mildly says, "Well, used to be."
[18:32] Miskton says to Elmerund, "He's the guild leader from the guild hall that was in the Lesser Fist."
[18:32] Lijarna says, "And the leader of the Monks of the Crystal Hand."
[18:33] Atazai says, "And he saw Fate."
[18:33] Malzard says to Miskton, "It should be interesting to unleash the man who has seen every possible outcome against the entity that accepts only one."
[18:33] Atazai says, "Or something."
[18:33] Zynara asks, "I believe he was the master of many of the current group who are listed as leaders?"
[18:33] Verrek mildly says, "If you want, I can take you one time to where there stronghold used to stand, but its bad man."
[18:33] Miskton says, "Yes, he's taught many of the current set of leaders in the guild."
[18:33] Atazai says, "I used to study with him."
[18:34] Zynara says, "For what it's worth, one of the more personable leaders as well."
[18:34] Zynara says, "Or he was before the prophecy business."
[18:34] Elmerund quietly says, "Thank you."
[18:34] Malzard asks Miskton, "One might interpret the shattered crystal as a symbol of Tiv losing his prophetic talent, but you see it differently?"
[18:35] Atazai says, "Crystals...."
[18:35] Zynara says to Malzard, "I also wondered about that as well.. maybe not the loss of his talents, but perhaps some sort of loss relating to him."
[18:35] Atazai says, "I don't associate it with prophecy, personally."
[18:35] Atazai says, "But."
[18:35] Miskton says to Malzard, "That's a possibility. It could also be from attempting to focus some power... or some metaphorical severing of his ties to the Monks for some reason..."
[18:35] Atazai says, "Crystal Hand."
[18:35] Malzard says to Atazai, "I assure you the Monks do."
[18:35] Atazai says, "Maybe he is trying to find his old Ways, and they are not there anymore."
[18:36] Verrek mildly says, "Severing his ties."
[18:36] Atazai says, "His Crystal has shattered, perhaps by what he saw Outside looking In."
[18:36] Miskton says, "The crystal in question is hard to make out in the vision, but Tiv has been carrying around a crystal hand..."
[18:36] Atazai says, "Severing..."
[18:36] Verrek mildly asks, "Maybe he's handing it over?"
[18:36] Elmerund says, "Maybe something angered him? When I used to lose my temper, I would break things."
[18:36] Lijarna says, "Or perhaps whatever connection he now has to the Plane of Probability since his escape through there will be broken."
[18:37] Verrek mildly says, "Nah, hes not like that."
[18:37] You say, "My worry is that the crystal cracking might mean his mind cracking."
[18:37] Atazai says, "I'm not sure broken would be proper. He seems to have seen past and future."
[18:37] Lijarna says to you, "I had worried that as well."
[18:37] Verrek mildly says, "Well, that could be, he's been pushed and pushed."
[18:37] Atazai asks, "Just maybe, he is no longer a Monk?"
[18:37] Atazai says, "Religious experience."
[18:37] Atazai says, "Changed him forever."
[18:37] Verrek mildly says, "And Seeing was he saw, would change any man."
[18:38] Miskton says, "Given what he already made it through, I think it would take a lot to do that."
[18:38] Atazai says, "Well."
[18:38] Atazai says, "Men."
[18:38] Atazai says, "But if you live your Life a certain way with certain beliefs, and an ultimate truth comes around..."
[18:38] Atazai says, "It has happened to me."
[18:38] You ask, "This may be a bit outlandish, but I wonder if the cambrinth-head and Tiv have any relation?"
[18:38] Verrek mildly says, "And sometimes to do what is necessary, we have to let go of ourselves, maybe the crystal breaking was that, him letting go."
[18:38] Atazai says, "It can shatter how you perceive reality."
[18:38] Miskton says, "I..."
[18:39] Miskton says to you, "I hadn't considered that, though I'm not sure I like where that thought might lead."
[18:39] Atazai says, "When I realized what Fate and Luck are, I reinvented myself."
[18:40] Zynara asks, "What in the hell?"
[18:41] Miskton says to you, "Hmm... That thought may potentially tie back around to one of the remaining visions, too, now that I think on it."
[18:41] Atazai asks, "Hammy?"
[18:41] Zynara says, "Ponder."
[18:41] Atazai asks, "Tiv being a cambrinth head?"
[18:41] Miskton says, "Or someone else..."
[18:42] Atazai asks, "The Arbiter makes a leader to combat whatever the Servant has?"
[18:42] Miskton says, "The next few visions all seem to potentially tie together, so I'm going to recite them in a fairly short order. But first..."
[18:42] Miskton asks, "Does anyone need a refresher on the visions of Demosel and Amiss?"
[18:42] Atazai asks, "Those were two of the murders?"
[18:43] Atazai says, "Sure."
[18:43] Miskton says, "For some time we've been seeing visions indicating the deaths of two moon mages."
[18:43] Miskton says, "Soft grey mist filled the air and I found myself facing an ancient human, her cropped hair whited by age but her cat-slitted eyes remained alert."
[18:43] Miskton says, "Addressing the mist she said, "I have no fear of you, but I am tired. Do what you ve come to do, it is my time. On that we agree." As if in afterthought she added, "And give her my regards."
[18:44] Miskton says, "The mists ignited as the woman slumped lifelessly."
[18:44] Zynara says, "Pardon me.."
[18:44] Miskton says, "And then..."
[18:44] Miskton asks, "An elderly Halfling sat in a stone-walled study, squinting over a gilded scroll through thin silver spectacles. An errant breeze drew her attention as it tussled her hair. She gazed upwards, "She wasn't enough for you? No, I suppose not. Nor will I be. I ve seen it in the cards, that and so many other things. But that's just the problem, isn't it?"
[18:45] Atazai says to Lasciel, "Whisperer in darkness."
[18:45] Atazai asks, "Who do we think the first Her is?"
[18:45] Atazai says, "I mean."
[18:45] Atazai says, "Giving Her regards."
[18:45] Miskton says, "They were possibly referring to one another."
[18:45] Verrek mildly says, "Thats my thought."
[18:46] Atazai asks, "So we're not on a Spiritual Tezirah in cahoots with the Servant?"
[18:46] Atazai asks, "Thing?"
[18:46] Atazai asks, "Or Tezirah on her own or somefin?"
[18:46] Miskton says, "Given all we already have to deal with, I certainly hope not..."
[18:46] Atazai asks, "What's with the sick guy?"
[18:47] Atazai asks Elmerund, "What's your deal?"
[18:47] Elmerund quietly says, "Excuse me... I must... go... something has happened back home."
[18:47] Atazai says, "Oh."
[18:47] Elmerund quietly says, "My apologies."
[18:47] Elmerund says, "Thank you all."
[18:48] Miskton says, "Well, not that long ago, both of those visions were seen again, in succession... along with sensing the deaths of Demosel and Amiss. Well, not just their deaths."
[18:49] Verrek mildly says, "Ealuik too."
[18:49] Miskton says, "A sense of something happening to their very fates. Being unravelled."
[18:49] Miskton says, "Ealuik as well, yes. Though his encounter was slightly different."
[18:50] Miskton says, "Not a vision that had been seen before, but his death was seen by many as it happened..."
[18:50] Verrek mildly asks, "That he seemed to fight, and also, like he recognized it?"
[18:50] Miskton says, "I found myself gazing out over a forest, my arms draped casually on the balcony rail. Next to me was an elderly human with long snowy hair that framed a sleepless face."
[18:50] Miskton says, "He argued passionately with an unseen opponent, his words muddled but his intent and frustration clear. Apparently, he was losing the argument as he flinched slightly before lashing the air with sickly purple energy. An unearthly howl broke the silence in response, ramping in intensity as the arcane forces danced through the air."
[18:50] Miskton says, "He toppled over the rail."
[18:50] Miskton says, "And then the sensations of his fate not merely being 'unravelled', but torn to pieces."
[18:51] Lijarna says, "And worth noting that it seemed as though he had no qualms about using Sorcery to fight the loss of his fate."
[18:52] Miskton says, "This then ties into other visions..."
[18:52] Miskton says, "I believe, anyway."
[18:52] Miskton says, "A voice, tired yet powerful whispered through the air, "He will pay for that. Prepare yourself, this will not end without more sacrifice - but I do not intend to splay myself across an altar for that beast."
[18:53] Miskton says, "A youthful echo, "I will not disappoint you."
[18:53] Miskton says, "Not a great deal to go on, but I believe the first voice might be Karosti."
[18:53] Atazai says, "I've been sacrificed on an altar, it went pretty well."
[18:54] Miskton says, "The second voice, I don't know... but the idea that it might be someone preparing to become the being with the cambrinth head from the earlier vision comes to mind now."
[18:54] Verrek mildly says, "Makes sense."
[18:54] Miskton says, "Or Karosti himself might, for that matter..."
[18:54] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[18:54] Verrek mildly says, "That makes more sense than Tiv becoming one now that I think about it."
[18:54] Atazai says, "It would be a form of sacrifice."
[18:55] Verrek mildly asks, "And depending on how one goes about doing it, maybe thats the mountain trek?"
[18:55] Lijarna asks, "And is this "beast" Pelag? Or...?"
[18:56] Miskton says, "Possibly. Or perhaps something he has unleashed."
[18:56] Verrek mildly says, "I'm bettin Pelag."
[18:56] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[18:56] Atazai says, "The Hunger has been lurking again, so I hear."
[18:56] Atazai says, "Or maybe some new thing like those."
[18:56] Atazai says, "Beast is a really weird term for the Servant, I think."
[18:56] Atazai asks, "Beast?"
[18:57] Miskton says, "If Pelag can strike against mages in this plane without getting his hands on us first as we pass through the Astral Plane, we are in a great deal of trouble."
[18:57] Lijarna says, "I would imagine the Hunger has never ceased to lurk."
[18:58] Miskton says, "Pelag has made use of various servants before, though, so it may be some other being that we're not familiar with, that can move in this plane more freely."
[18:58] Atazai says, "That sounds more likely."
[18:59] Miskton says, "Oh, yes..."
[18:59] Atazai asks, "Are there thoughts I'm missing?"
[18:59] Miskton says, "There was another vision that was seen after the deaths of those three mages, and can still be seen now when trying to scry fate."
[18:59] Jaesyn dryly says, "My apologies but I must step away for a bit. I shall return as quickly as I can."
[19:00] Miskton says, "Fate hung heavy on me, almost tangible as it dragged at my thoughts and actions. My existence sent infinite ripples into the world about me, chaotic and unpredictable. Imperfect."
[19:00] Atazai says, "I like that one."
[19:00] Atazai asks, "Is it about me?"
[19:01] Atazai says, "Ripples, I make them all day."
[19:01] Miskton says, "For myself, at least, it was a rather unpleasant sensation. Opinions may differ, though."
[19:01] Lijarna says, "Unsettling."
[19:02] Lasciel says, "I didn't do anything the whole day after that vision."
[19:02] Lasciel says, "Collected some rocks maybe."
[19:02] Lasciel says, "That's it."
[19:02] Atazai asks, "Do you all chase perfection?"
[19:02] Atazai says, "You're all fine how you are."
[19:02] Verrek mildly says, "I chase it, doesn't mean I caught it."
[19:02] Atazai asks, "Are they a pebble?"
[19:02] Atazai asks, "And sad about it?"
[19:03] Verrek mildly says, "Or even successfully chase for that matter."
[19:04] Atazai says, "A pebble tossed into the Web of Fate."
[19:04] Lijarna says, "Myriad things are imperfect and unpredictable, but I would not number the ripples of Fate among them."
[19:04] Lasciel says, "Tiss, toss."
[19:04] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[19:05] Atazai asks, "A Sorceress who has started to think their Way is wrong?"
[19:05] Atazai says, "Fate hangs heavy..."
[19:05] Atazai says, "Chaos."
[19:05] Atazai says, "Maybe the Children have someone ready to defect."
[19:05] Verrek mildly says, "Possibly."
[19:06] Atazai says, "It doesn't sound like a fun organization."
[19:06] Atazai says, "Control under the guise of freedom."
[19:06] Verrek mildly says, "If whatever this is, is comming at us with no seeming agenda, might be going after some of them too."
[19:06] Lasciel says, "They don't respond to my thoughtcasts ever."
[19:06] Lasciel says, "Even after I helped that guy that one time..."
[19:07] Atazai asks, "Is that, surprising?"
[19:07] Atazai says, "No agenda."
[19:07] Lasciel says, "A little."
[19:07] Verrek mildly says, "To me, yes."
[19:08] Verrek mildly says, "I dont play with dice, nor believe in pure chance."
[19:08] Verrek mildly says, "Even randomness has a reason and rythme."
[19:08] Atazai says, "If you mean teh Servant, I think of it as pretty alien. Agenda as we know it might not factor in at all."
[19:08] Atazai says to Verrek, "It's religion."
[19:10] Atazai asks, "Oh my gosh, is Lasciel mucking up the meeting?"
[19:10] Atazai says, "You're such a goblin sometimes."
[19:11] Miskton says, "Right, so, other visions possibly related to the Children..."
[19:11] Miskton says, "The world darkened and I found myself watching a bustling crowd in monochrome hues. Interspersed among them, seemingly unnoticed by the crowd, were a handful of beings swathed in vivid purples. Delicate chains of smoldering silver threaded through the crowd, binding the interlopers together."
[19:12] Miskton says, "This seems to follow from an earlier, similar vision of a single woman in purple. In her passage, though, more figures in purple appeared in the previous vision."
[19:12] Verrek mildly says, "Purple."
[19:12] Atazai says, "A royal color."
[19:12] Verrek mildly says, "Um."
[19:12] Atazai says, "And a Sorcerous color."
[19:12] Atazai says, "And Monochromatic...."
[19:12] Lijarna says, "A color of those who seek without vision."
[19:12] Atazai says, "Sorcerous results."
[19:13] Shaidval says, "Souls viewed through the filter of the Void, bound by Clerical magic appear as having been tied with silver chains anchoring them to this reality."
[19:13] Atazai says, "The practice of certain Sorcery can bleed vision of color."
[19:13] Atazai says, "That's true."
[19:14] Miskton says, "There definitely seems to be an aspect of sorcery about the vision, yes."
[19:14] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[19:15] Miskton says, "The Children of Kalestraum do come to mind, though it's possible there's some other group at work."
[19:15] Atazai says, "The ARC."
[19:15] Verrek mildly asks, "Miskton.............if I may?"
[19:15] Atazai says, "I found an ARC recruitment in one of my mailboxes back home, recently."
[19:15] Verrek mildly says, "Im of the Gnar Peth."
[19:15] Atazai says, "Recruitment letter, sorry."
[19:16] Verrek mildly says, "We have a cantrip of our order."
[19:16] Verrek mildly says, "Called Maren Alshabi."
[19:16] Verrek mildly says, "It shows other prophets near us."
[19:16] Lasciel slowly says, "Maren Alshabi."
[19:16] Verrek mildly says, "But surrounding them in a purple aura."
[19:16] Verrek mildly says, "By."
[19:17] Atazai says, "Nice."
[19:18] Miskton says, "That does seem fitting... although the vision does still seem to imply the use of sorcery in some manner."
[19:18] Atazai asks, "The smoldering?"
[19:18] Verrek mildly says, "Well,."
[19:18] Atazai says, "Smolder."
[19:18] Atazai says, "Ing."
[19:18] Miskton says, "That, and the lack of color."
[19:18] Verrek mildly says, "We ARE the keepers of that which is to stay forgotten."
[19:19] Atazai says, "The clerical view is interesting to me, being more religious than the rest of you."
[19:19] Atazai says, "Of course, the silver threads...connect them to each other."
[19:20] Atazai asks, "Not anchoring them to Abiding?"
[19:20] Shaidval says, "I was just contemplating that the silver chains could be an indication of entites from another reality simply wishing to remain tied together and in contact, using the same principles we Clerics do to meld our spirits with others."
[19:20] Atazai says, "Ah."
[19:20] Shaidval says, "Of course, nothing says that they aren't from this reality and doing the same thing. It just seems and odd usage of it in that case."
[19:20] Verrek mildly says, "That could be possible, kind like our contingency spell."
[19:21] Atazai says, "Smoldering, connecting them, no color except the silver and purple."
[19:21] Atazai says, "Ah."
[19:21] Atazai says, "Oh."
[19:21] Atazai says, "Oh."
[19:21] Atazai says, "So mixing lunar and holy mana."
[19:21] Atazai says, "To connect them."
[19:21] Atazai asks, "A Spirit Link but also a Fate Link?"
[19:22] Verrek mildly says, "That might be possible."
[19:22] Atazai says, "Definitely possible."
[19:22] Verrek mildly says, "But like you said Atazai, by someone not of our plane."
[19:22] Verrek mildly says, "Unless its extreme sorcery."
[19:23] Lijarna says, "Yes, the smoldering chains seemed to mirror the smoldering web of fate seen in a different vision."
[19:23] Atazai says, "I'm of the Progeny. Thinking that people like us can become not of this Plane is kind of in our history."
[19:23] Verrek mildly says, "I've heard that."
[19:24] Atazai says, "I dunno."
[19:24] Atazai asks, "Why are they in a normal crowd?"
[19:25] Atazai asks Shaidval, "Is there a spell or ability that you use to see the chains?"
[19:25] Verrek mildly says, "To me it always seemed like the crowd was gathered for something."
[19:26] Atazai says, "And I really have no idea what big events are coming up with big crowds. We had some emergencies back home and I'm sooo out of the current."
[19:26] Verrek mildly asks, "Maybe a person of importance called a gathering?"
[19:26] Atazai says, "I mean loop."
[19:26] Atazai says, "Out of the loop."
[19:26] Atazai asks, "Mistanna, anything happening soon with big crowds?"
[19:27] Verrek mildly says, "If I was gonna hit someone, Id do it in a crowd, bigger result."
[19:27] You say, "Hmm, I've not studied the calendars too many weeks out, but nothing really comes to mind that I've heard of."
[19:27] You say, "Just the normal spar nights and other organized events."
[19:28] Verrek mildly says, "Well, those draw out most powerful."
[19:28] Verrek mildly says, "And they fight and weaken each other."
[19:28] Atazai says, "Nah..."
[19:28] Atazai says, "That doesn't sound right."
[19:28] Verrek mildly says, "Id send a strike force there."
[19:28] Atazai says, "But that is the strike force."
[19:29] Verrek mildly says, "They have some fighters down, the healers there are already elbow deep."
[19:29] Verrek mildly says, "Its an opportunity."
[19:29] Atazai says, "Eeeehhh."
[19:29] Atazai says, "But I mean."
[19:30] Atazai says, "With good standing with your God, you can be up and clean in a rois or two."
[19:32] Atazai says, "Good stuff."
[19:32] Atazai asks, "What other visions?"
[19:32] Atazai says, "Help me out. I don't look up a lot."
[19:32] Miskton says, "Right..."
[19:33] Shaidval softly says to you, "I would pity any force that would think to assault our events."
[19:34] Miskton says, "The remaining vision is another that has developed from one that's been seen previously."
[19:34] You say, "The adan'f have tried a time or two."
[19:34] Miskton says, "I glimpsed a gigantic shell swarmed by living shadows. Magic crackled in the air though the vision faded before I could properly orient on the source."
[19:34] Miskton says, "My vision pulled back revealing utter pandemonium. Mage battled mage and massive arcane constructs crashed through towering wards."
[19:34] Miskton says, "Around them all the shadows grew closer."
[19:35] Atazai says, "I like this one."
[19:35] Miskton says, "For a while now things have been pointing toward something bad happening on Taisgath, and it just seems to be getting worse."
[19:36] Atazai says, "I don't think the shadow beings have returned to where they were, down under the visible part of the Shell."
[19:36] Lijarna says, "The nexus between planes seems a ripe target, especially when the denizens of that plane are involved."
[19:36] Atazai says, "I think, I mean, the Conclave."
[19:36] Atazai says, "That colossus."
[19:36] Miskton says, "And it may wind up being a three way fight, between the guild, the Children, and the shadows."
[19:37] Atazai says, "Was a hint of what might come."
[19:37] Locistone says, "Tezirah's daughter is being held captive by the residents of taisgath."
[19:37] Atazai asks, "Um, are we supposed to mention that?"
[19:37] Lasciel asks, "Is that a real thing?"
[19:38] Atazai says, "Well."
[19:38] Atazai says, "The myth, legend, whatever."
[19:38] Atazai says, "Is that Tezirah made children. Daughters."
[19:38] Locistone says, "I don't know I just got here."
[19:38] Atazai says, "While she was wherever she was."
[19:38] Locistone says, "Carry on."
[19:39] Atazai says, "And she was able to get a made daughter back to this Plane."
[19:39] Locistone says, "I haven't seen Tethia anywhere. I was just sayin."
[19:39] Atazai says, "I've tried looking into this stuff myself and I got cut off."
[19:39] Atazai says, "Oh, that daughter."
[19:39] Atazai says, "She's a real person."
[19:40] Atazai says, "I thought you meant, nevermind."
[19:40] Atazai says, "I dunno about that."
[19:40] Atazai says, "But."
[19:40] Atazai says, "Shadow battle."
[19:40] Atazai asks, "Does Divine Radiance still hurt Shadows?"
[19:41] Atazai says, "Either way."
[19:41] Shaidval says to Atazai, "It should. Anything cursed or evil can be struck and damaged by it."
[19:41] Atazai says, "Well..."
[19:42] Atazai says, "The Shadow beings take light."
[19:42] Atazai says, "Not dependant on holiness."
[19:42] Atazai asks, "Should we start trying raise a nimbus army?"
[19:42] Atazai asks Lasciel, "Aren't you a nimbus scholar?"
[19:43] Lasciel says, "Hah, I was the first Moon Mage to observe the phenomenon.."
[19:43] Lasciel says, "But someone was trying to kill me at the time."
[19:43] Atazai says, "It's something to keep in mind."
[19:44] Locistone says, "We should find the children and ask them."
[19:44] Locistone says, "I bet they know."
[19:44] Locistone says, "I will talk with them."
[19:44] Atazai says, "Looks like you know how."
[19:44] Atazai says, "Better you than me."
[19:44] Verrek mildly says, "Well, it appears time grows short for me."
[19:45] Verrek mildly says, "Its been a pleasure seeing you all again."
[19:45] Miskton says, "Thank you for coming."
[19:45] Miskton says, "And that is the end of the list of visions I had to go through, though if there are any topics people would like to go back to, we can speak to those."
[19:45] You say, "Thank you for leading us today. A lot of things to think about."
[19:47] Locistone says, "I'll make sure not to drop the next one."
[19:47] Locistone says, "I'm all thumbs."
[19:47] Lasciel says, "Yeah."
[19:48] Lasciel says, "I was wondering whose dumb chair that was."
[19:48] Atazai asks, "Like you couldn't tell?"
[19:48] Lasciel says, "I needed confirmation."
[19:48] Lasciel says, "So Miskton."
[19:48] Lasciel says, "Break it all down for us."
[19:48] Lasciel asks, "What is happening?"
[19:48] Lasciel asks, "Are we getting unravelled?"
[19:49] Miskton says, "Some of us, it seems."
[19:49] Lasciel asks, "How can we stop it?"
[19:49] Lasciel asks, "Psychic Shield?"
[19:49] Lasciel asks, "Max prep?"
[19:49] Miskton says, "Karosti seems inclined toward sorcery of some sort. I'm not sure what other weapons there might be to use."
[19:49] Miskton says, "Though it didn't seem to help Eaulik."
[19:49] Lasciel says, "So you're advocating we learn sorcery."
[19:50] Lasciel says, "And teach it to others."
[19:50] Atazai says, "Didn't sound like what he said."
[19:50] Lasciel says, "I hear what I want usually."
[19:50] Locistone says, "I'll go have a chat with them and see what they are doing then come have a chat with you guys and see what you're doing."
[19:51] Miskton says, "There may be a point where we find we don't have a choice, but I wouldn't recommend it for now."
[19:51] Miskton says, "Finding a common link between the ones who have been targeted so far, if there is one besides being moon mages, might be helpful, though."
[19:51] Lasciel says, "People I've barely ever heard of."
[19:52] Lijarna asks, "It seems as though, if we are fighting enemies that are fatebound, might they only be susceptible to magic that bends or corrupts the web?"
[19:52] Miskton asks, "They were all rather old, though that might just be a consequence of having been around long enough to have experienced some event, perhaps?"
[19:52] Lasciel says, "Something they have in common."
[19:53] Miskton says to Lijarna, "That is possible, and that seems to be Karosti's approach."
[19:53] Miskton says, "The question is if we'd do more damage in the process of fighting them, I suppose."
[19:53] Lijarna says, "At least that may have have been the rationale behind Ealuik's attempts to fight back with what appeared to be Sorcery."
[19:53] Lasciel says, "Ealuik was the guy there who stole the thing from the obelisk."
[19:54] Lijarna says, "We may face ruin along both paths."
[19:55] Lasciel says, "And that artificer guy tried to fix it."
[19:55] Lasciel says, "I forget his name."
[19:56] Lasciel says, "Tozu."
[19:56] Miskton says, "That was Tozu's work, wasn't it? Or was it someone else..."
[19:56] Lasciel says, "Yeah."
[19:56] Lasciel says, "He took a team of us to the glacier."
[19:56] Lasciel says, "And we saw the guy run off with the thing."
[19:56] Lasciel says, "And then we tried to fix it."
[19:57] Lasciel says, "Good times."
[19:57] Locistone says, "Great times."
[19:57] Atazai asks, "Who is we?"
[19:57] Lasciel says, "Caraamon was there."
[19:57] Lasciel says, "He killed that guy who I sold the fake CJ to.."
[19:57] Lasciel says, "Chriztopher."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "Who was trying to kill me."
[19:58] Atazai says, "Haha."
[19:58] Atazai says, "That guy."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "That was hilarious."
[19:58] Atazai says, "He is funny."
[19:58] Atazai says, "Iron Circle member or some such."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "He wanted a swimming CJ and I had this trick from the Hallow's Eve fest."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "So I sold it to him for 15 plat."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "And he rubbed it and it doused him with water."
[19:58] Lasciel says, "Which was ironic because he wanted swimming."
[19:59] Lasciel says, "Of course he was beyond enraged and start aether lashing at me like crazy."
[19:59] Shaidval says to Lasciel, "Some people have no sense of humor. One could argue that they should be doused with water."
[19:59] Lasciel says, "That guy."
[19:59] Lasciel says, "He did not find the humor in it whatsoever."
[20:00] Lasciel says, "Uh oh."
[20:01] Lasciel says, "Malzard got unravelled."
[20:02] Locistone says, "Gotta go, Destiny calls and you know how she gets."
[20:03] Atazai says, "I hope you are taking me swimming."
[20:03] Lasciel says, "Climbing is better than swimming."
[20:04] Atazai says, "No way Jomay."
[20:04] Atazai says, "Climbing is for squares."
[20:04] Lasciel says, "Swimming is for bums."
[20:04] Atazai says, "I am often a bum."
[20:04] Atazai says, "So that works."
[20:05] Lasciel says, "You wish."
[20:05] Lijarna asks, "Do any here seek to return to the Crossing?"
[20:05] Atazai says, "Hmm."
[20:06] Lijarna says, "Safe paths, all."
[20:06] Miskton says, "Thank you all for coming."
Re: Visions Meeting Log 08/23/2014 12:33 PM CDT
Wish I was there. Enjoyed the log! Thank you.