Some Questions 09/08/2019 03:22 PM CDT
I have a few questions regarding the guild and sects.

What I am about to say I am not trying to say to gain sympathy or that sort of thing.

In real life as a blind person I love the idea that in a game I can study the skies, observe the constellations and make predictions and predict the weather too.

I have been playing with a few of the sect tools to try and decide which one to go for when the time comes.

@So far, I find the celestial charts easy to interprit to a point although I can do some further study into them to get a better idea of how to use such a tool.

The bones are ok and easy to use and the prism I think for me was the hardest to get the hang of.

My questions I suppose are is it necessary for a moon mage to be part of a sect or is that for roleplay reasons.

If a moon mage chose not to be part of a sedt which divination tool would they use or would they use the normal predict like predict future?

I have heard that that particular one can be dangerous i.e. the Bat winged skull.

I really want to try and find the best way forward. I love the guild. Its different its unique.

I once played a member of the celestial compact but maybe I found the star chart a bit confusing especially on big predictions where more than one constellation was used. Maybe that's something I need to look into further or maybe discuss with a moon mage mentor or another memember of the compact.

Sorry for my rambling but this guild sure as heck beats playing Ranger.

Cheers from Eldonstar's player.
Re: Some Questions 09/08/2019 03:39 PM CDT
In terms of sect choice, the spell Destiny Cipher erases the penalties for using a prediction tool from outside your sect so pick whatever tool fits your RP and use DC. As for picking a sect generally, long existing and well-warranted advice in the guild is to pick based upon your RP and character concept. The mechanics change all the time but, as of now, your sect can’t (barring conversion to Heritage House).

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno